PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Nick Kyrgios' sledge on Stan Wawrinka?

GIF REACTION
08-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Mid match Nick said: "Kokkinkanis banged your girlfriend. Sorry to tell you that mate"

Stan ending up retiring/forfeiting the match down 4-0 in the 3rd.

The media is going crazy over this, accumulating it to another one of bad boys Kyrgios' antics...

Honestly, I think it was an epic good sledge. It clearly worked and took the world number 5 completely off his game.

masonanddixon
08-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Low class move. Kyrgios is young and when he gets to 30 he will realise how badly he screwed himself over.

sweggeh
08-13-2015, 06:23 AM
Damn.. thats crazy. Always liked Kyrgios and his bad boy swag, but this might be a little too far.

Nick Young
08-13-2015, 06:32 AM
Tennis is a sport of ******* if this is a big outrageous deal to them.

Cactus-Sack
08-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Stan clearly can't handle the bants

GIF REACTION
08-13-2015, 06:41 AM
Very traditional sport so I'm not really surprised at this backlash.

masonanddixon
08-13-2015, 06:42 AM

Oh come on, it's a low class comment to make. Dude should have never said it.

Nick Young
08-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Oh come on, it's a low class comment to make. Dude should have never said it.
christ, have you ever played basketball, football, soccer or baseball? Psychological trash talk is part of the game. These tennis kids must be rich sheltered bitches if this comment has caused an outrage.

masonanddixon
08-13-2015, 07:01 AM
christ, have you ever played basketball, football, soccer or baseball? Psychological trash talk is part of the game. These tennis kids must be rich sheltered bitches if this comment has caused an outrage.

Yes and trash talk consists of shit like 'you're soft as shit' or 'you're a *****' not direct personal insults about one's family or relationships...

iamgine
08-13-2015, 07:17 AM
This kind of trash talk is risky. One can really be hurt by it. I wouldn't be surprised if Wawrinka replied by paying someone to break Kyrgios' legs in an "accident". Low blow for low blow.

ArbitraryWater
08-13-2015, 07:18 AM

Last time a comment like this was made known to the public, Zidane headbutted someone..in the World Cup final..

Plus Tennis is a one on one sport, which makes these comments that much more outrageous. It's a classy sport, no ****boys allowed.

fiddy
08-13-2015, 07:20 AM
Last time a comment like this was made known to the public, Zidane headbutted someone..in the World Cup final..

Plus Tennis is a one on one sport, which makes these comments that much more outrageous. It's a classy sport, no ****boys allowed.
:facepalm

stfu faggy groupie

ISHGoat
08-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Epic troll job :applause:

Nick Young
08-13-2015, 08:05 AM

you tennis bitches need to grow some balls.

El Kabong
08-13-2015, 08:30 AM
Stan is being a crybaby. "I wouldn't say something like that to my worst enemy". Give me a bloody break.

sweggeh
08-13-2015, 08:37 AM
Stan is being a crybaby. "I wouldn't say something like that to my worst enemy". Give me a bloody break.

Yh that was a little too far :oldlol:

You can tell it really hurt him. Kyrgios got what he wanted, which was the win.

imdaman99
08-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Stan is a 2-time Slam winner, something this kid could only dream of. Talking trash is 1 thing but saying this is another. It's like the honey nut cheerios moment with Melo. It doesn't belong in trash talk.

dude77
08-13-2015, 10:31 AM
lol well what if the other guy did fk his gf .. he's just informing him .. albeit in the form of some trash talk but informing nonetheless(if true) 'sorry to tell you mate' .. actually doing him a favor if it's true

KNOW1EDGE
08-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Yes and trash talk consists of shit like 'you're soft as shit' or 'you're a *****' not direct personal insults about one's family or relationships...

You fuhcking serious? Lol

You think that NBA players trash talk politely as to not hurt the other guys feelings? Lmao

I promise you, every NFL and NBA game there are 100 things said that are far worse than "I banged your b1tch"

Tennis is just a sport full of rich vag1nas with no spine

ArbitraryWater
08-13-2015, 10:50 AM
you tennis bitches need to grow some balls.

They're Men, they usually don't act like ******* or use silly words.

fiddy
08-13-2015, 10:56 AM
They're Men, they usually don't act like ******* or use silly words.
:crazysam:

Akrazotile
08-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Guy is the Matt Barnes of tennis

iamgine
08-13-2015, 12:55 PM
There's a difference between trash talk (i.e I fcked your mom last night, she gave real good head) and personal attack (lying about your wife/GF cheating on you but sounding like it might be true). It's all in the delivery. The latter is straight up bullying and one can carry a grudge from that. I know I would try to hurt the other guy outside the venue (pay someone to give him a little "accident") if what he said turned out to be untrue.

dude77
08-13-2015, 01:33 PM
There's a difference between trash talk (i.e I fcked your mom last night, she gave real good head) and personal attack (lying about your wife/GF cheating on you but sounding like it might be true). It's all in the delivery. The latter is straight up bullying and one can carry a grudge from that. I know I would try to hurt the other guy outside the venue (pay someone to give him a little "accident") if what he said turned out to be untrue.

lol or he can forget it and blow it off because kyrgios is a pion next to wawrinka .. an insignificant nothing and it ain't worth it risking his livelihood over some snatch he'll probably be done with in some time anyways .. what do you think happens to wawrinka if he's caught in that .. he's done .. you want payback .. kick his ass in their next match .. utterly embarrass him

iamgine
08-13-2015, 02:09 PM
lol or he can forget it and blow it off because kyrgios is a pion next to wawrinka .. an insignificant nothing and it ain't worth it risking his livelihood over some snatch he'll probably be done with in some time anyways .. what do you think happens to wawrinka if he's caught in that .. he's done .. you want payback .. kick his ass in their next match .. utterly embarrass him
He can blow it off or whtever, not the point. Just sayin what Kyrgios doing is quite risky. It ain't have to be Wawrinka who's doing it. He has fans, family, friends, you never know. And it's not even about the snatch like...at all. It's like if someone break into your house and took only $1. Is it about the $1?

bdreason
08-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Tennis, like Golf, operates on a different set of standards then most sports. Using something like death or infidelity to rattle your opponent goes far beyond the accepted form of trash talk. Kyrgios just ostracized himself from his tennis peers, possibly for the remainder of his career. He probably cost himself millions in endorsements as well.

GIF REACTION
08-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Tennis, like Golf, operates on a different set of standards then most sports. Using something like death or infidelity to rattle your opponent goes far beyond the accepted form of trash talk. Kyrgios just ostracized himself from his tennis peers, possibly for the remainder of his career. He probably cost himself millions in endorsements as well.
And that is what is wrong with the world.

People don't like the TRUTH.

bdreason
08-13-2015, 04:29 PM
And that is what is wrong with the world.

People don't like the TRUTH.

You can be both truthful and tactful.

ace23
08-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Did he forfeit because of the comment?? :roll:

dude77
08-13-2015, 05:16 PM
He can blow it off or whtever, not the point. Just sayin what Kyrgios doing is quite risky. It ain't have to be Wawrinka who's doing it. He has fans, family, friends, you never know. And it's not even about the snatch like...at all. It's like if someone break into your house and took only $1. Is it about the $1?

don't disagree with any of that

on another note .. I read he didn't hear the comment during the match but found out later .. I kind of believe it because he still shook his hand and patted him on the upper chest in a friendly way .. I don't think he would do that if he had heard it but who knows

TripleA
08-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Damn that guy probably is the biggest a-hole in tennis now.

Mr Feeny
08-13-2015, 05:48 PM
This kind of trash talk is risky. One can really be hurt by it. I wouldn't be surprised if Wawrinka replied by paying someone to break Kyrgios' legs in an "accident". Low blow for low blow.

This. It's an outrageously classless move. He's going to get hurt if he keeps this up. There's no room in tennis for punks and this kid is developing into one giant punk.

Mr Feeny
08-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Stan is a 2-time Slam winner, something this kid could only dream of. Talking trash is 1 thing but saying this is another. It's like the honey nut cheerios moment with Melo. It doesn't belong in trash talk.

Again, spot on. This kind of drivel doesn't belong in tennis. It's just epitomizes the scum of the sport.

masonanddixon
08-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Did he forfeit because of the comment?? :roll:

Nah I doubt he even cared about the match. These dudes get huge appearance fees just to play in these tournaments, most of them just coast through until the weeks leading up to the Grand Slams.

alenleomessi
08-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Stan is going to hear voices in his head saying 'kokkinakis banged your girlfriend' till the end of his career now

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 02:38 AM
If Kyrigios never makes that statement, Stan never complains about his behavior. There have been PLENTY of players in the ATP over the past 20-30 years who weren't great people and often had antics to their behavior. Marat Safin had an infamous anger. Young Andy Roddick used to be a prick. Mcenroe was probably the worst in terms of Americans "behavior."

I think that's really immature of him to say that but the media attention it has received is kind of overblown.

BurningHammer
08-14-2015, 02:48 AM
After Nadal and Fed are done, men's tennis is bound to be boring. At least Kyrgios will make the game a bit more colorful for the next few years.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 02:54 AM
After Nadal and Fed are done, men's tennis is bound to be boring. At least Kyrgios will make the game a bit more colorful for the next few years.

I kind of got bored after Agassi and Roddick left.

Lebron23
08-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Stan needs to reclaim his manhood. If I am him I'll slap Nick in the face using his own tennis racket.

Maga_1
08-14-2015, 01:54 PM
For people saying that Kyrgios got what he wanted -the win - he also got what he deserved in the next round, people booing him and a loss against Isner.

He's the 2nd craziest player in the circuit right now, Paire is still the leader.