PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Uber?

Tarik One
08-13-2015, 03:56 PM
We're going out to see "Straight Outta Compton" (Advanced Screening) and was thinking about giving it a shot. The few online reviews are inconsistent. Is it worth it?

highwhey
08-13-2015, 04:00 PM
We're going out to see "Straight Outta Compton" (Advanced Screening) and was thinking about giving it a shot. The few online reviews are inconsistent. Is it worth it?
It's a good service for the most part. Never really had a bad experience. And I've used uber late night and late-late night. Definitely worth it if you will be drinking. It's only slightly cheaper than a taxi tho.

ALBballer
08-13-2015, 04:00 PM

I have used it over 10 times and I never had an issue. I prefer it to taxi's because for one most drivers have to keep a certain rating to work for uber, there are no surprise fees, I can see when the uber driver is coming on the GPS, much easer to communicate directly with the driver they have your number and vice versa.

ALBballer
08-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Uber is the craigslist of taxi service.

Be sure that your bum is clean encase the driver is a top.

Most of the drivers have clean cars. To be honest the service is better on uber compared to taxis.

Akrazotile
08-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Uber is one of the GOAT things invented in recent years OP, where da fuq you been??? :biggums:

Lower fares. Nicer cars. Safer drivers. AND they dont smell like rancid BO.

Its WAY better than taxi service. And you get picked up within minutes of pressing a button. Not calling some dispatcher and waiting 20 minutes for some sketchball to show up.

Tarik One
08-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Uber is one of the GOAT things invented in recent years OP, where da fuq you been??? :biggums:

Lower fares. Nicer cars. Safer drivers. AND they dont smell like rancid BO.

Its WAY better than taxi service. And you get picked up within minutes of pressing a button. Not calling some dispatcher and waiting 20 minutes for some sketchball to show up.
I got multiple chicks who take me where I need to go mostly...

christian1923
08-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Uber really is the best.

Just know where you're going. Some drivers will drive around and run up your fare just like some taxi drivers. That happened to me the other day but luckily for me it was on the company uber account

Akrazotile
08-13-2015, 04:19 PM
I got multiple chicks who take me where I need to go mostly...

Pics or lying

UK2K
08-13-2015, 04:23 PM
I use Uber every time I go downtown. Drinking and driving ain't worth it.

Plus if you sign up using a friend's referral code, your first ride is like $15 off (so technically free for a short trip).

Used to be that way, not sure if it still is.

UK2K
08-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Most of the drivers have clean cars. To be honest the service is better on uber compared to taxis.

Thats why taxi drivers are blocking highways.

Uber drivers are cheaper (sometimes), have nicer cars, speak english, dont smell like shit, and are more friendly (when you want them to be).

They're taking all the business from taxi drivers.

ALBballer
08-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Thats why taxi drivers are blocking highways.

Uber drivers are cheaper (sometimes), have nicer cars, speak english, dont smell like shit, and are more friendly (when you want them to be).

They're taking all the business from taxi drivers.

Let the taxi drivers bitch, their fate is inevitable to companies like uber that can provide a better service at a much more reasonable rate.

UK2K
08-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Let the taxi drivers bitch, their fate is inevitable to companies like uber that can provide a better service at a much more reasonable rate.

Yep. They're a dying breed.

Levity
08-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Uber is amazing. cheap rides that come to your door in minutes. no cash involved, and you can even split fares with your friends.

Though, it has become an excuse for me to get fvcked up every weekend and go out, since i dont have to think twice about driving anymore.

highwhey
08-13-2015, 04:37 PM
My buddy works for uber in the claims department where people send complaints of sexual assault, rape, physical abuse, shit like that. He told me at least 90% of these claims come from Chicago and Boston. If you're not in those cities, you are good lol
Haha

ALBballer
08-13-2015, 04:41 PM
My buddy works for uber in the claims department where people send complaints of sexual assault, rape, physical abuse, shit like that. He told me at least 90% of these claims come from Chicago and Boston. If you're not in those cities, you are good lol

The complaints are against the drivers? Or the drivers complaining about the passengers?

Atleast Uber has a department to handle these matters and drivers are rated and reviewed. It's not a perfect system but much better than the taxi drivers have to offer.

Hawker
08-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Yes.

Welcome to two years ago.

In places like Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio where there is no public transport and low availability of taxis, I can bet that Uber/Lyft has decreased drunk driving.

Thorpesaurous
08-13-2015, 04:48 PM
I use it all the time in New York. It's just easier than hailing a cab, it gets to areas that sometimes cabs just aren't as easy to find. And there's no cash to deal with. You really don't have to worry about the guy driving around to push your rate, because it's mapped out and you get a rough price on it when you submit. And I was late to the Uber thing, I was a stubborn taxi guy for a while.

UK2K
08-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Both. He told me a driver sent them a screenshot of a convoy a driver had with a soon to be passenger. The passenger, named joe, sent the driver a text that said "I hope you're one of those shirtless drivers, me and my friend are ready to suck some dick" the driver declined the passenger and sent that to uber claims lol

********* Alert**

ace23
08-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Yes.

Welcome to two years ago.

In places like Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio where there is no public transport and low availability of taxis, I can bet that Uber/Lyft has decreased drunk driving.
? There is public transportation in Houston.

Levity
08-13-2015, 05:24 PM
uber giftcards make a great present, as well. my kid cousin got me a $100 gift card for uber on christmas. that shit burnt up quick.

sundizz
08-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Yeah, Uber and Lyft are great. Lyft Line is good too (cheaper, they pick up multiple passengers).

It has pretty much stopped drunk driving of any sorts among most people between 18 and 40 (at least in SF).

It's awesome that now no one needs to be a designated driver. Getting a taxi has always been a somewhat sketch and complex situation in America (dunno about NY). Now, you can just chill on the couch, order one up on your phone.

Better yet, take it with friends and then you can send them a venmo bill after. Life is so easy nowadays lol. Makes having friends so much easier when the disagreements about money, etc are moot with cell phone calculators, venmo, and easy ways to get places with Uber, and easy ways to stay at places with AirBnB.

Going to get down with concierge laundry service soon.

Honestly, all this stuff does is create a bunch of pampered people that are good at making money and lose sight of a lot of other parts of life. Eff it i'm down to clown.

imnew09
08-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Only use Uber if you gon drink otherwise just drive... unless you aint got no car

Tarik One
08-13-2015, 08:18 PM

Tarik One
08-14-2015, 10:56 AM

No sexual assault here bruh:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/TarikOne/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-08-13-19-05-03_zpsvjdwkaly.png (http://s801.photobucket.com/user/TarikOne/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-08-13-19-05-03_zpsvjdwkaly.png.html)

sundizz
08-14-2015, 12:13 PM
How is cricket? I am paying $30/month on MetroPCS and it is decent. I'm in and out of the country so it works for me.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 12:57 PM
How do you not know of Uber? I went one time for dinner using it. It's great in big cities if you don't have cars. It's really popular to use while going out in Center City in Philly.

Jailblazers7
08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Uber really is the best.

Just know where you're going. Some drivers will drive around and run up your fare just like some taxi drivers. That happened to me the other day but luckily for me it was on the company uber account

For every ride you will get an emailed receipt which includes the route you were driven so you can dispute the charge with Uber if the driver tries to scam you.

I've used Uber prob like 100+ times in the past year or so. Super easy to use and I have a CapitalOne card which gives me a 20% discount on all rides because of some deal they have with Uber.

Only thing that you need to be aware of is that you should be prepared to shell out some money if you are calling one at closing time because of the surge pricing.