PDA

View Full Version : Shaq shut down by Rodman in 1996

305Baller
08-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Rodman shuts down the MDE (Most dominant ever)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=175&v=89IQcTPHkRs

Fallen Angel
08-13-2015, 04:31 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380216

Megabox!
08-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Lol at 3Ball trying to convince everyone Jordan had no help. Dude's teams were stacked

G-train
08-13-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm a big Rodman fan but I watched that game live, and Rodman was guarding Shaq in the second half but they were doubling him and he was just passing it to the open man.
Longley could have done the same thing, even Wennington, but they wanted to create pressure and quickly transition with a faster lineup.

305Baller
08-13-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm a big Rodman fan but I watched that game live, and Rodman was guarding Shaq in the second half but they were doubling him and he was just passing it to the open man.
Longley could have done the same thing, even Wennington, but they wanted to create pressure and quickly transition with a faster lineup.

So your saying Shaq was too passive? Why did he have such a huge first half?

SpecialQue
08-13-2015, 09:40 PM
So either Shaq is overrated or Rodman is underrated.

Either way fvck Shaq.

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:47 PM
So either Shaq is overrated or Rodman is underrated.

Either way fvck Shaq.
**** one of the greatest players in your team's history? :biggums:

SpecialQue
08-13-2015, 11:04 PM
**** one of the greatest players in your team's history? :biggums:

Yes. Great player, one of the best. We never would have threepeated without him. But he was a lazy scumbag who burned bridges with every team he ever played with, aside from maybe the Cavs and Celtics.

G-train
08-14-2015, 02:10 AM
So your saying Shaq was too passive? Why did he have such a huge first half?

No I'm saying that Rodman didn't shut him down, the Bulls doubled him in the second half and the Magic responded poorly.

Gileraracer
08-14-2015, 02:42 AM
Dennis :applause:

the only Thing he shuts down now is the north korean boarder with his new bf Kim.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 02:46 AM
This was like 4 years before Shaq absolutely mauled the league. Still a great video but also Shaq wasn't passed to a few times on the block when he should have been. I keep forgetting that Nick Van Exel used to be quite a ball hog.

Taller than CP3
08-14-2015, 05:51 AM
I'm beginning to think Rodman was gay and enjoyed having his dick rub against Shaq's giant ass whenever he posted him up.

Fallen Angel
08-14-2015, 09:09 AM
This was like 4 years before Shaq absolutely mauled the league. Still a great video but also Shaq wasn't passed to a few times on the block when he should have been. I keep forgetting that Nick Van Exel used to be quite a ball hog.
There was nobody for him to compete with. The greatest centers of the 90s all got old, his best competition was Jermaine O'Neal, Yao Ming, and Ben Wallace.

Gileraracer
08-17-2015, 03:46 AM
There was nobody for him to compete with. The greatest centers of the 90s all got old, his best competition was Jermaine O'Neal, Yao Ming, and Ben Wallace.

Easily the three of the best centers if they play nowadays

brownmamba00
08-17-2015, 03:49 AM
No wonder he needed Kobe.

Smoke117
08-17-2015, 10:18 AM

Seriously. Shaq didn't all the suddent just get so much better in 2000...every other great center from the 90s was just old as shit. He was even lucky enough to have the only real rival (Zo) go down with the kidney ailment. The heat were by far the favorite to go to the NBA finals from the east in 2001 before he went down.

iamgine
08-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Uh no he wasn't shut down by Rodman or the Bulls. He was shut down by his own teammates. The Bulls were doubling him every single time and Shaq passed to the open man but his teammates just missed open shot after open shot after open shot.

97 bulls
08-20-2015, 01:49 PM
No I'm saying that Rodman didn't shut him down, the Bulls doubled him in the second half and the Magic responded poorly.
You need to watch again. The Bulls were helping Longley and Wenningtin as well. The difference is Rodman fought Shaq for position. And more often than not, when Shaq got the ball, he was out of his confort zone.

97 bulls
08-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Pay attention to the first few minutes of Shaq on Longley. The Bulls tried yo double and Longley just couldn't hold Shaq long enough for the doubles to be effective.

https://youtu.be/NdZn8epqnKo

This Video shows how strong Rodman was. Notice him and Shaq battling for the ball and Shaq clearly has better position and is fouling Rodman and he (Rodman) still come away with the ball.
https://youtu.be/iBGHEmXQb7I

This is a game played in 97 where the Lakers had a huge lead and Jackson puts Rodman on Shaq. Once again he shuts him down.

Rodman was a best on defense
https://youtu.be/hqphdKFxQ08