08-13-2015, 08:52 PM
https://embed.gyazo.com/ca899f689e072e989c5c1e3d19d84867.png
(credit to AW for pic)
:roll:

kennethgriffin
08-13-2015, 08:54 PM
he might have been

this is true

tmac was right there with kobe before injuries.

Smoke117
08-13-2015, 08:55 PM
This is just moronic...even if Tracy never hurt his back he was never going to be close to GOAT. He had one fantastic season (2003) and a lot of overrated seasons where he was jacking up 22 shots to average 25 points. Great all around but he doesn't deserve the acclaim he gets as a scorer. He had one great season scoring wise...but beyond that he was a high volume shooter who needed to take a bunch of shots to get his points.

brownmamba00
wait what

kennethgriffin
grant hill might have been the goat too

injuries suck

Smoke117
08-13-2015, 09:01 PM
grant hill might have been the goat too

injuries suck

...you realize Grant Hill played 6 seasons before he got injured and not one of them is close to Michael Jordans WORST (bulls) seasons...right? He might have been goat? :roll:

Spurs m8
08-13-2015, 09:06 PM
No one with a brain respects Kobe in 2015

JohnMax
08-13-2015, 09:09 PM
No one with a brain respects Kobe in 2015

Inferiority complex: an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation.

kennethgriffin
08-13-2015, 09:09 PM
this guy is #1 on the might have been list

http://i.imgur.com/AlGaevk.jpg

http://www.nbcsports.com/files/nbcsports/styles/gallery_slide/public/migrated_images/GriffeyCatch.jpg?itok=xs9vLQEg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WVcBhchWlXk/TAdAh7PUvdI/AAAAAAAAAJA/hXdWFT8lbnk/s1600/griffey12.jpg

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1220924/ken-griffey-jr-o.gif

if healthy = 800+ homeruns easy

he missed 893 games in 22 seasons

his homerun per game average was 0.23

0.23 x 893 = 205.39

adding an extra 205 home runs to his career total 630 = 835 homeruns

if griffey had cal ripkens health he goes down as the greatest athlete of all time

Spurs m8
08-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Inferiority complex: an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation.

hahaha i've noticed you've been a terrible poster over the last few days.
Probably before that too, but i've only started noticing you.

Cheers

kennethgriffin
08-13-2015, 09:11 PM
...you realize Grant Hill played 6 seasons before he got injured and not one of them is close to Michael Jordans WORST (bulls) seasons...right? He might have been goat? :roll:

grant was a boarderline triple double machine though

he was flirting with 20/10/10 type averages his 2nd and 3rd year

if he stat padded like lebron. imagine what he woulda put up

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Smart kid :applause:

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:15 PM
This is just moronic...even if Tracy never hurt his back he was never going to be close to GOAT. He had one fantastic season (2003) and a lot of overrated seasons where he was jacking up 22 shots to average 25 points. Great all around but he doesn't deserve the acclaim he gets as a scorer. He had one great season scoring wise...but beyond that he was a high volume shooter who needed to take a bunch of shots to get his points.
26.8 PPG on .457/.355/.733, 25.6 PPG on .451/.364/.748 is shitty efficiency now?

I'd like to know who the hell he was supposed to pass to.

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 09:17 PM

http://www.nbcsports.com/files/nbcsports/styles/gallery_slide/public/migrated_images/GriffeyCatch.jpg?itok=xs9vLQEg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WVcBhchWlXk/TAdAh7PUvdI/AAAAAAAAAJA/hXdWFT8lbnk/s1600/griffey12.jpg

0.23 x 893 = 205.39

if griffey had cal ripkens health he goes down as the greatest athlete of all time
If pujols had/has Ripkens health he'll be around that many.

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 09:18 PM
I agree with that. His scoring skillset was second to pretty much none but he settled FAR too easily for jumpers after that awesome 2003 season.

His overall game gets underrated too.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-13-2015, 09:19 PM
GOAT isn't happening but top 5 SGs could've happened if his health wasn't a factor.

Smoke117
08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
grant was a boarderline triple double machine though

he was flirting with 20/10/10 type averages his 2nd and 3rd year

if he stat padded like lebron. imagine what he woulda put up

Spoken like someone who wasn't even watching Grant Hill or didn't even follow him. Just like EVERYBODY ELSE...the more he scored the more his other numbers dropped. When he was dropping a career high 26ppg he was also averaging a career low in rpg and his lowest apg since his rookie season. Don't talk about things you don't know about.

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
I agree with that. His scoring skillset was second to pretty much none but he settled FAR too easily for jumpers after that awesome 2003 season.

His overall game gets underrated too.
True, T-Mac was a chucker. But he was a great scorer and I think 2002-03 is the level he should have sustained if he had played smarter, been healthy and more dedicated perhaps. IDK

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 09:26 PM
True, T-Mac was a chucker. But he was a great scorer and I think 2002-03 is the level he should have sustained if he had played smarter, been healthy and more dedicated perhaps. IDK
He should have attacked more like he did from 01-03. In 04 he started chucking threes. Maybe that back injury took a little bit of that quickness away but it seemed as though he was like "ok I can make threes now so that's all I'm gonna do". At least it seemed that way at times. Especially since the team was so awful, so why try too hard? In 04 he took by far the most threes of his career up to that point, and a lot of them weren't as smart of shots as the ones he took in the previous year.

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:33 PM
He should have attacked more like he did from 01-03. In 04 he started chucking threes. Maybe that back injury took a little bit of that quickness away but it seemed as though he was like "ok I can make threes now so that's all I'm gonna do". At least it seemed that way at times. Especially since the team was so awful, so why try too hard? In 04 he took by far the most threes of his career up to that point, and a lot of them weren't as smart of shots as the ones he took in the previous year.
IDK man, T-Mac is the reason I first followed the NBA at all, but not having cable and being pretty young and focused on baseball, I maybe saw him play on TV a handful of times over the years. I still remember watching him score a shit ton on Christmas Day in 2004 :rockon:
IIRC Shaqattack (one of the GOAT posters, sadly the idiots probably made him sick of this board) theorized that his constant back issues not only inhibited his driving ability, but also made it harder for him to elevate on his shot, thus making it more flat and less accurate.

I wish I knew more about basketball back then and had got to watch more, even now I'm still learning more all the time about the game. It's hard to watch every team though, closest I got was 2012 when I watched almost every Heat game and many Lakers games as well as some other teams

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 09:36 PM
IDK man, T-Mac is the reason I first followed the NBA at all, but not having cable and being pretty young and focused on baseball, I maybe saw him play on TV a handful of times over the years. I still remember watching him score a shit ton on Christmas Day in 2004 :rockon:
IIRC Shaqattack (one of the GOAT posters, sadly the idiots probably made him sick of this board) theorized that his constant back issues not only inhibited his driving ability, but also made it harder for him to elevate on his shot, thus making it more flat and less accurate.

I wish I knew more about basketball back then and had got to watch more, even now I'm still learning more all the time about the game. It's hard to watch every team though, closest I got was 2012 when I watched almost every Heat game and many Lakers games as well as some other teams
Same dude. I remember skipping an easter egg hunt one year to watch the 4th quarter of game 1 in 2003. Magical stuff :cheers:

TheMarkMadsen
08-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Kobe is my Michael Jodan

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lakers-d-angelo-russell-kobe-bryant-is-my-michael-jordan-081115

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:40 PM
Same dude. I remember skipping an easter egg hunt one year to watch the 4th quarter of game 1 in 2003. Magical stuff :cheers:
"Magical stuff"

Pun intended? :D

Spurs m8
08-13-2015, 09:46 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lakers-d-angelo-russell-kobe-bryant-is-my-michael-jordan-081115

:facepalm

And the context was its only because he was too young to watch Jordan, Kobe was the Jordan of his era.

Nice try but

20Four
08-13-2015, 09:47 PM
(credit to AW for pic)

Shouldn't you be worried about your life before worrying about other people's?

Marchesk
08-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Unless Tracy McGrady was putting up Oscar-like numbers for his career, he's not remotely in the GOAT conversation. Oscar is not even in it, despite averaging a 30pt triple double his first season, and being the only perimiter player to win an MVP in the 60s.

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 09:56 PM
"Magical stuff"

Pun intended? :D
Of course baby

outbreak
08-13-2015, 09:56 PM
You misspelled Michael Jordan in the thread title.

Joyner82reload
08-13-2015, 09:57 PM
D'Angelo Russell was 6 years old when McGrady had his peak season :facepalm

RRR3
08-13-2015, 09:58 PM
D'Angelo Russell was 6 years old when McGrady had his peak season :facepalm
Damn, what a smart 6 year old he was :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
08-13-2015, 09:59 PM

And the context was its only because he was too young to watch Jordan, Kobe was the Jordan of his era.

Nice try but

you're a moron Russ obviously respects and looks up to Kobe

I guess Kobe only liked Jordan because he was too young to watch Dr J, guess we forgot the context

Rockets(T-mac)
08-13-2015, 09:59 PM

I wish I knew more about basketball back then and had got to watch more, even now I'm still learning more all the time about the game. It's hard to watch every team though, closest I got was 2012 when I watched almost every Heat game and many Lakers games as well as some other teamsThis is true to an extent. His back problems led to a lot of deficiencies in his game. Constantly being concerned about your back is gonna make you do everything differently. He no longer drove as much or as hard. Started relying on his jumper far too much, which got worse over time as his injuries became worse. His defense went from very good, to bad/inconsistent.

Back and kneed problems are probably the worst injuries you could get as a ball player, and he had both of them at a point in his career. Sucks.

Velocirap31
08-13-2015, 10:04 PM
TMac was incredible. Him and Vince are the reason I got hooked into the NBA. He played kind of like Harden, made the game look effortless. He was better than Harden though.

RRR3
08-13-2015, 10:04 PM
This is true to an extent. His back problems led to a lot of deficiencies in his game. Constantly being concerned about your back is gonna make you do everything differently. He no longer drove as much or as hard. Started relying on his jumper far too much, which got worse over time as his injuries became worse. His defense went from very good, to bad/inconsistent.

Back and kneed problems are probably the worst injuries you could get as a ball player, and he had both of them at a point in his career. Sucks.
Yeah, as much as I enjoy seeing LeBron win it all and be considered an ATG, part of me always wishes that was T-Mac, because I always thought he looked like he was barely trying and would go off. He was easy to like :D Will always wish he had a different career path, and that I had got to watch him more (one day maybe I will go back and do that).

Also, for as inefficient as T-Mac was later in his career, he offset that somewhat by the fact that he had an insanely low turnover rate for a ball dominant wing player.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Yeah, as much as I enjoy seeing LeBron win it all and be considered an ATG, part of me always wishes that was T-Mac, because I always thought he looked like he was barely trying and would go off. He was easy to like :D Will always wish he had a different career path, and that I had got to watch him more (one day maybe I will go back and do that).

Also, for as inefficient as T-Mac was later in his career, he offset that somewhat by the fact that he had an insanely low turnover rate for a ball dominant wing player.Yea his playmaking doesn't get enough love. I honestly think his passing was pretty close to lebron level. His ability to run an offense was awesome.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2015, 10:21 PM
De'Angelo looked like an absolute bum in summer league.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2015, 10:22 PM
TMac was incredible. Him and Vince are the reason I got hooked into the NBA. He played kind of like Harden, made the game look effortless. He was better than Harden though.

I started watching NBA more and more once Carter came into play in the early 2000s when the Knicks were starting to decline quickly. Good fallback since he had about 2 good years and that legendary 2000 dunk contest :bowdown:

senelcoolidge
08-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Seems like Russell's basketball acuity is just as slow as his first step.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Seems like Russell's basketball acuity is just as slow as his first step.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

miles berg
08-13-2015, 10:36 PM
TMac was better than Kobe. He and Shaq together would have won 5 years straight.

MP.Trey
08-13-2015, 10:38 PM
D'Alphalo

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2015, 10:38 PM
TMac was better than Kobe. He and Shaq together would have won 5 years straight.
http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 10:40 PM
That's actually a solid comparison. TMac had VERY similar skills as harden overall. Except he was 6-9...

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2015, 10:42 PM
That's actually a solid comparison. TMac had VERY similar skills as harden overall. Except he was 6-9...

And a much better athlete

TheBigVeto
08-13-2015, 10:45 PM
No one with a brain respects Kobe ever

FTFY

KembaWalker
08-13-2015, 10:48 PM
OP is reaching, how's that a disrespect to Kobe :roll:

Also it's D'Angelo

G0ATbe
08-13-2015, 10:51 PM
If y'all really think this is a diss directed at Kobe, I assume we're all in agreement that Kobe's GOAT? :pimp:
Bout damn time.

outbreak
08-13-2015, 10:52 PM
OP is reaching, how's that a disrespect to Kobe :roll:

Also it's D'Angeslow

Fixed

KembaWalker
08-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Fixed

Touch

Hittin_Shots
08-13-2015, 10:59 PM

0.23 x 893 = 205.39

Baseball is Shit.

catch24
08-13-2015, 11:01 PM
He wasn't a better player than Kobe at his best, but I do agree if healthy AND on the right teams, TMac could've been a top 10-15 guy.

H2H vs LeBron 1 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PsSVctNb_Y) and deux (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RWwNhI3r_M) :bowdown:

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 11:13 PM
And a much better athlete
Well the fact that he was 6-9 comes hugely in to play there.

A guy moving the way Harden does and that smoothly at 6-9 is a crazy athlete. Which is TMac.

Lebron23
08-14-2015, 12:27 AM
I watched Prime Tracy Mcgrady, and he indeed was a very good all around player during his Peak. His Orlando Magic almost beat the Pistons in the first round of the playoffs in 2003.

I think he was in the same level as Kobe in 2002 and 2003.

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 12:32 AM

Nice try but

kobe and tmac are from the same era you numbskull

:lol

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 12:40 AM
Baseball is Shit.

i agree

but in the 90's it was golden... best era of all time

if you were a baseball fan during those years you saw griffey, bonds, sosa, mcgwire seemingly homerun nearly every other game

sucks only one of them was clean though

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 02:15 AM
Well the fact that he was 6-9 comes hugely in to play there.

A guy moving the way Harden does and that smoothly at 6-9 is a crazy athlete. Which is TMac.

He moves way better in terms of speed/quickness than Harden especially pre all the Houston injuries. Harden is one of those players who have benefited from a soft league where touch fouls are making it an annual parade for him to get to the line. I'm not a fan of how he plays but he is definitely on the caliber if not higher than what T Mac was for Houston (when healthy).

Gileraracer
08-14-2015, 02:34 AM
Cant read nothing about Kobe in his post :confusedshrug:

ShawkFactory
08-14-2015, 02:46 AM
He moves way better in terms of speed/quickness than Harden especially pre all the Houston injuries. Harden is one of those players who have benefited from a soft league where touch fouls are making it an annual parade for him to get to the line. I'm not a fan of how he plays but he is definitely on the caliber if not higher than what T Mac was for Houston (when healthy).
But just think about it though. Harden IS quick, and he can get to the rack at will a lot of times. He gets a lot of flack because he seemingly goes in to draw fouls but the dude is 6-4 hitting the teeth of the defense...

AND he can pull up and hit jumpers.

TMac was quick and could get to the rack at will a lot times as well.

Difference is that when Tmac, at 6-9, took jumpers they were harder to contest and thus better shots. And when he got to the rack at will, his 6-9 frame with long arms could finish over people more easily than Harden can.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 02:47 AM
But just think about it though. Harden IS quick, and he can get to the rack at will a lot of times. He gets a lot of flack because he seemingly goes in to draw fouls but the dude is 6-4 hitting the teeth of the defense...

AND he can pull up and hit jumpers.

TMac was quick and could get to the rack at will a lot times as well.

Difference is that when Tmac, at 6-9, took jumpers they were harder to contest and thus better shots. And when he got to the rack at will, his 6-9 frame with long arms could finish over people more easily than Harden can.

Tmac was a freak athlete. Harden isn't even in the same class as prime Kobe athletically who Kobe was a very good athlete/elite athlete but not in the mold of "freak" like T Mac, Shaq, MJ, etc.

Genaro
08-14-2015, 02:50 AM
No disrespect. Just shows he doesn't have a lot of BB knowledge, but a lot of players don't anyway.

oh the horror
08-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Are players supposed to suck kobe's d*ck just because they're his teammates?

McGrady was a beast.

chazzy
08-14-2015, 05:58 AM
Damn it's considered disrespect to not consider a player the greatest ever? That's some high praise for Kobe jameer

IGOTGAME
08-14-2015, 07:25 AM
Just dumb wha he is doing. It's bad for his career and his pocket. It would be a very good thing for Kobe to like him and it would be a very good thing for LA to think he is humble...that way after he busts he won't get boo'ed as badly

outbreak
08-14-2015, 08:15 AM
Just dumb wha he is doing. It's bad for his career and his pocket. It would be a very good thing for Kobe to like him and it would be a very good thing for LA to think he is humble...that way after he busts he won't get boo'ed as badly
By the mid point of the season Kobe will be ridiculed non stop for not retiring.

NBASTATMAN
08-14-2015, 09:48 AM
(credit to AW for pic)

ALPHA RUSSELL PUTTING BETA KOBE IN HIS PLACE.. First he ridicules him now he SAYS TMAC BETTER.. :roll:

I LOVE THIS KID..:bowdown:

STATUTORY
08-14-2015, 10:12 AM
:roll: this is only a shot at kobe if people consider him the GOAT

which I guess everyone does

:bowdown:

Mr Feeny
08-14-2015, 10:18 AM
ALPHA RUSSELL PUTTING BETA KOBE IN HIS PLACE.. First he ridicules him now he SAYS TMAC BETTER.. :roll:

I LOVE THIS KID..:bowdown:

Kobe is crying somewhere :lebronamazed:

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 10:19 AM
To be real if you read the way he wrote it, it doesn't sound like he was slighting anyone. Probably just a 19/20 year old kid watching nba highlights who just made a tweet. He's only being ridiculed because he's Kobe's teammate now.

ralph_i_el
08-14-2015, 10:50 AM
i agree

but in the 90's it was golden... best era of all time

if you were a baseball fan during those years you saw griffey, bonds, sosa, mcgwire seemingly homerun nearly every other game

sucks only one of them was clean though
Bonds has 3 clean MVP's, and was the best player since Mays

West-Side
08-14-2015, 11:11 AM
One of my favorite moments was when Tracy schools Kobe with a fake and a dunk; than the next possession, Kobe takes the ball and drives by Tracy and dunks on 3 Magic players (including McGrady).

They had such a fun rivarly.
In 2002 and 2003; McGrady & Kobe were very much on the same level.

Too bad for his back problems.

TheMarkMadsen
08-16-2015, 07:27 PM
update

https://twitter.com/Dloading/status/632368698993475584

CarlosBoozer
08-16-2015, 07:31 PM
update

https://twitter.com/Dloading/status/632368698993475584
cuckold

ArbitraryWater
08-16-2015, 07:33 PM
this mofo actually deleted his tweet :lol :facepalm

sad

Jameerthefear
08-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Did Kobe just get cucked by a rook? :roll:

ArbitraryWater
08-16-2015, 07:34 PM
cuck

LoneyROY7
08-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Wow.

TOPCUCK.

Noyze
08-16-2015, 09:53 PM

0.23 x 893 = 205.39

Griffey actually has a few things in common with McGrady. Both supremely players who's career was cut short by injury. But most importantly..........their game was pretty. That swing, that left handed dribble :bowdown: