PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Bob Dandridge someone who watched him or knows about him

You Cant Ban Me
08-13-2015, 09:05 PM
What was his game like?

http://i.imgur.com/mBCtCEV.gif

senelcoolidge
08-13-2015, 10:10 PM
My dad was a Dandridge fan. I really don't know much about him, but I know he was good. A guy that could do lots of things. A team guy I assume. 4 time All Star. 2 time Champ with Bucks and Bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuVB6Gi1TQ
1st NBA game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1G9ExGeuzY
Greyhound himself

La Frescobaldi
08-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Where's Jasper at I think he sat bleachers when Bucks won it all.

Bobby would cut your heart into ribbons if you were a Lakers fan, I can tell you that. He had their number sewed on the bottom of his socks.

RRR3
08-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Where's Jasper at I think he sat bleachers when Bucks won it all.

Bobby would cut your heart into ribbons if you were a Lakers fan, I can tell you that. He had their number sewed on the bottom of his socks.
Should he be in the HOF?

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 11:38 PM
ShaqisGOAT?

RRR3
08-13-2015, 11:51 PM
ShaqisGOAT?
Great player, but nowhere near as great as my boyfriend Larry Bird

Larry Legend, or "The Golden-Haired God of the Boston Garden" as I like to call him, was a straight up stone cold assassin. Easily the best SF. He played with a ragtag gang of misfits, including no-name scrubs like Kevin McHale and Robert Parish. And he STILL won 3 rings in THE toughest era and THE toughest conference of all time! :bowdown:

houston
08-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Should he be in the HOF?

yes his numbers is on par with James Worthy.

RRR3
08-14-2015, 12:07 AM
The guy is a joke. He's like the RoundMound version of a Bird Stan.
He's a good poster when he's not talking about Bird. When he is he gets all holier than thou and preachy and uber defensive.

ShawkFactory
08-14-2015, 12:18 AM

Larry Legend, or "The Golden-Haired God of the Boston Garden" as I like to call him, was a straight up stone cold assassin. Easily the best SF. He played with a ragtag gang of misfits, including no-name scrubs like Kevin McHale and Robert Parish. And he STILL won 3 rings in THE toughest era and THE toughest conference of all time! :bowdown:
Were you alive at that time? At least he can speak as someone who saw all of these guys play. Which is more than 99% of this board can say.

And I never get the vibe of Stan/hatred from him. Everybody has their favorite players..

It shouldn't make people upset that he thinks Bird>bran. It's a legit view, and one that most people who are at or over the drinking age will respect.

RRR3
08-14-2015, 12:37 AM
Were you alive at that time? At least he can speak as someone who saw all of these guys play. Which is more than 99% of this board can say.

And I never get the vibe of Stan/hatred from him. Everybody has their favorite players..

It shouldn't make people upset that he thinks Bird>bran. It's a legit view, and one that most people who are at or over the drinking age will respect.
He is kinda ridiculous in some threads man. No I wasn't alive. I can't say who is better between the two, but I found it asinine when shaqisgoat said "LeBron will never pass bird".

Lebron23
08-14-2015, 12:40 AM
He is kinda ridiculous in some threads man. No I wasn't alive. I can't say who is better between the two, but I found it asinine when shaqisgoat said "LeBron will never pass bird".

That's the thing that really pissed me off. Only 1 NBA title separates Bird from LeBron. And they both have 2 finals MVP. Lebron has 1 more MVP than him.

You Cant Ban Me
08-14-2015, 02:24 AM

:applause:

swagga
08-14-2015, 12:12 PM

:roll:

bizil
08-14-2015, 04:18 PM
For his era, he was your prototype 70's smooth scoring SF. For some reason, I always lump guys like him, Chet Walker, and Bob Love together in that sense. I think Gervin took what those guys did to the ULTIMATE LEVEL and moved it to the SG position.

Alex English is another guy who took what those guys did to the ULTIMATE LEVEL later on too. Dandridge wasnt on the level of SF's like a Rick Barry, Dr. J, Hondo, or Baylor. He was more in that 2nd tier in the 70's with guys like Lou Hudson or the ABA's Roger Brown.

I don't think Bobby D was a true number one option or alpha dog. BUT he was a great 2nd option kind of player. I'm only in my 30's so I didn't watch him play. However, he was a vital cog to two title teams. And was a top 10 SF in the world at one point. If anything, I think he's underrated.

KirbyPls
08-14-2015, 04:20 PM

:applause:

dankok8
08-14-2015, 04:45 PM
For his era, he was your prototype 70's smooth scoring SF. For some reason, I always lump guys like him, Chet Walker, and Bob Love together in that sense. I think Gervin took what those guys did to the ULTIMATE LEVEL and moved it to the SG position.

Alex English is another guy who took what those guys did to the ULTIMATE LEVEL later on too. Dandridge wasnt on the level of SF's like a Rick Barry, Dr. J, Hondo, or Baylor. He was more in that 2nd tier in the 70's with guys like Lou Hudson or the ABA's Roger Brown.

I don't think Bobby D was a true number one option or alpha dog. BUT he was a great 2nd option kind of player. I'm only in my 30's so I didn't watch him play. However, he was vital cog to two titles team. And was a top 10 SF in the world at one point. If anything, I think he's underrated.

Well said.

Dandridge was also a very good defender.

La Frescobaldi
08-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Should he be in the HOF?
Man if Chet the Jet Walker got in, and he did get the big honor and I was glad to see it.... Bobby D should too because in some ways he was the better player.

He was not nearly as powerful as the Jet, who would sometimes rag doll strong forwards and centers on his way to the hoop. Dandridge didn't have that kind of thing going on.

But he was a better offensive player, both with the ball and without it. See, his outside game was terrific. Every arena feared him in the left corner because if he got it out there nobody was stopping him. He could bomb all day long from out there, or if you played the shot he would spin on you and if he went to that mode you could pretty much just forget it. Especially when he had a guy on his team that score down low to give you a dual threat.

Because not too many guys could stop him 1on1 - you had to have somebody like Havlicek on your team to do anything like that, otherwise you had to double-team and pay that positional penalty.

RRR3
08-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Man if Chet the Jet Walker got in, and he did get the big honor and I was glad to see it.... Bobby D should too because in some ways he was the better player.

He was not nearly as powerful as the Jet, who would sometimes rag doll strong forwards and centers on his way to the hoop. Dandridge didn't have that kind of thing going on.

But he was a better offensive player, both with the ball and without it. See, his outside game was terrific. Every arena feared him in the left corner because if he got it out there nobody was stopping him. He could bomb all day long from out there, or if you played the shot he would spin on you and if he went to that mode you could pretty much just forget it. Especially when he had a guy on his team that score down low to give you a dual threat.

Because not too many guys could stop him 1on1 - you had to have somebody like Havlicek on your team to do anything like that, otherwise you had to double-team and pay that positional penalty.
Would he have been a great 3PT shooter today?

La Frescobaldi
08-14-2015, 09:40 PM
Well said.

Dandridge was also a very good defender.

yeah I was surprised at bizil's point at first but then I was like.... well.... yeah I can kinda see that.
It's easy to sleep on guys like them, because Hondo was just such an all-time great that he sort of soaks up all the oxygen when you talk about the small forwards of that time frame. Him and the Doc you know, those are the ones.

But yeah these are some truly great players we are talking about right here.

La Frescobaldi
08-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Would he have been a great 3PT shooter today?
No.

4 Inches
08-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Great player
Shame about his coke habit.