PDA

View Full Version : Marco Rubio just said on Fox News that Blacks do get targeted by the cops!

TheMan
08-13-2015, 09:26 PM
He's far from a Lib, he said he has a black friend who's never been arrested but has gotten pulled over numerous times. I'm paraphrasing but he said that after 8 or 9 times being pulled over for no reason you gotta be like WTF? Again, he said this on Fox News :biggums:

Will look to upload a Youtube video when available. There you go, white boys, y'all getting exposed :coleman:

navy
08-13-2015, 09:27 PM
No shit. Even cops have admitted it.

Racism ended in 2008 though.

Patrick Chewing
08-13-2015, 09:33 PM
Stop and frisk has worked in New York though. Majority of offenders are black or hispanic. Once DeBlahhhsio is out, it's coming back.

HitandRun Reggie
08-13-2015, 09:40 PM
I need to see his exact words but even if true, when did Rubio's word become the end all, be all of the conversation regarding this subject? Is everything he says gospel? Politicians pander to certain demographics all the time.

Cops do probably target blacks more since they commit more crimes and tend to live in high crime areas. It's not PC but it's the truth.

But while we are taking politicians words as some sort of evidence, let's take a look at what Jesse Jackson said on November 27, 1993

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating"

Is that exposing some sort of truth too?

ALBballer
08-13-2015, 09:53 PM
They do get targeted because black people are overrepresented in crime and crime is usually correlated with poverty. Police officers make assumptions that black males are dangerous and may are probably biased towards them. Argument can be made that profiling increases crime rates for minorities which is a fair point

Profiling happens in other things as well. When a serial killer is being searched it is assumed that is is a white male and there are times when I think profiling should be used. No need to frisk a 4 year old kid the same way a police officer would stop over a someone in their 20-40s for example.

More should be done for minimum sentencing laws, drug laws, privatization of jails (without minorities there would be no jobs for these people), limiting social welfare and so forth. They would do more good for minorities and all americans overall. Without addressing these issues we are still left with a broken system where minorities will get be overrepresented in these issues.

More also needs to be done on addressing cultural issues involving hispanics and blacks. But I don't think America is ready to have that conversation nor will liberals bring it up for fear of being called "racist" and without fixing the issues above it might not have much of an impact.

Lensanity
08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
DO NOT VOTE FOR MARCO RUBIO

He is a sellout to Big Pharma and does not give 2 shits about the American people, just $$$$.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Stop and frisk has worked in New York though. Majority of offenders are black or hispanic. Once DeBlahhhsio is out, it's coming back.

Made Brownsville somewhat liveable.

Stop and frisk is part of the reason why NYC got safer.

I have seen Black people being pulled over for random reasons. My friend whose Black said he knows other friends who got pulled over for "random reasons."

navy
08-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Speaking of crime, be honest. Judges and sentencing are inherently not fair. Let's say a black male, a white male, and a white female are all caught with drugs. No priors for any. No reason to think they are dangerous to society.

Who do you think is more likely to get away with a clean record?

HitandRun Reggie
08-13-2015, 10:54 PM
Speaking of crime, be honest. Judges and sentencing are inherently not fair. Let's say a black male, a white male, and a white female are all caught with drugs. No priors for any. No reason to think they are dangerous to society.

White Female
Black Male
White Male

Judges are highly aware of sentencing discrepancies but in most cases(not your scenario) they still will not ignore priors. If there is any data comparing white and black male sentencing for identical crimes with no priors, I'd like to see it.

NumberSix
08-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I'm sure some cops do target certain groups of people. This isn't news.

dkmwise
08-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Just on foxnews tonight alone they have played clips of Rubio, as well as Jeb Bush, Carly Fiorina, and I think 1-2 of the other candidates talk about how the blacklivesmatter group does have a point and there are issues of discrimination affecting them.

dkmwise
08-13-2015, 11:29 PM

If you are adding same level of attorney to the scenario then I think they would all be fine and sentenced the same

dkmwise
08-13-2015, 11:38 PM
More should be done for minimum sentencing laws, drug laws, privatization of jails (without minorities there would be no jobs for these people), limiting social welfare and so forth. They would do more good for minorities and all americans overall. Without addressing these issues we are still left with a broken system where minorities will get be overrepresented in these issues.

While I do agree with doing away with some minimum sentencing laws, there is a very legit counter argument to it.

If you talk to anyone in law enforcement or the legal system, they will tell you that mandatory sentences are a necessary tool and they do not put some 18 year old with pot away for years like the media portrays. If someone with a clean record and no gang ties or anything is arrested with drugs that would require a sentence they are pleaded down to a lessor charge.
However, when it comes to gang activity, it is very hard to ever catch people in the act of violent crimes and murder, and in most communities where this stuff occurs it is very hard to get witnesses to testify. Now it is pretty easy to catch people with drugs on them and it's kind of open and shut if they have them or not, so police know who is involved in gangs and violence and if they catch those people with drugs that is really the only way to lock them up and get them off the street.

Again, I'm not arguing for this system, it clearly has it flaws and may seem unjust, however without long jail sentences for serious drug violations, the murder rates in places like Chicago and Baltimore would probably quadruple.

navy
08-14-2015, 12:12 AM
If you are adding same level of attorney to the scenario then I think they would all be fine and sentenced the same
Not for drugs. Blacks and hispanics receive higher sentences for the same drugs while they are similar in other crimes. Your lawyers wont do much for you in open and shut cases with mainly judge discretion.

Women are sentenced less harsh than men, especially if they have children.

In fact it wasnt until 2010 that Congress made (tried) crack and cocaine have the same sentencing laws. They are the same damn drug. :facepalm

And 50% of the people in prison are for drug offenses....

White Females get off significantly in every area. And if you kill one, data shows you are headed to the chair. You can kill black females though.
https://uk.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/27008_4.pdf

We shouldnt be sentencing based on race and gender, but it's obvious we do.