PDA

View Full Version : NBA LIVE 16 Pro-Am trailer (feat Rucker Park) 2k on suicide watch

k0kakw0rld
08-14-2015, 04:14 AM
Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gijz7TcDIS0)

:bowdown: Live is back :applause:

They win just by adding The Rucker Park in their game.

no pun intended
08-14-2015, 04:17 AM
Animations and texture still looks awkward as hell. Live is gonna be a bust again...

You Cant Ban Me
08-14-2015, 04:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JRAZtb1.png

sportjames23
08-14-2015, 04:46 AM
2K has MJ and other Legends. 2K has better gameplay. 2K is just better.

Live will never recapture its title as the #1 basketball sim.

2K got that title on lock forever.

#number6ix#
08-14-2015, 04:55 AM
Show me some live gameplay I bet it looks like shit

CarlosBoozer
08-14-2015, 05:23 AM
I'll never understand why EA sucked so much with NBA live, they had the resources and the technology plus thousands of workers and yet they couldn't compete with 2k.. Someone explain?

MP.Trey
08-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Pro-Am? So they jacked 2k's idea, right down to the name? :roll:

Keep taking them L's EA.

outbreak
08-14-2015, 05:44 AM
still looks janky and i bet the game play is buggy and shit, they did an interview after last years game with the lead and he said they don't expect to make a release they are proud of until 2017 and they hope fans stick by them while they try. the heads at EA had given them 4 years to work on the project and get it selling.

sportjames23
08-14-2015, 05:51 AM
still looks janky and i bet the game play is buggy and shit, they did an interview after last years game with the lead and he said they don't expect to make a release they are proud of until 2017 and they hope fans stick by them while they try. the heads at EA had given them 4 years to work on the project and get it selling.

Sad, ain't it? Live never recovered from the aborted Live '11. They'll never live down Andrew Bynum's Jesus glitch. That YouTube vid had me dyin'. :oldlol:

MP.Trey
08-14-2015, 06:05 AM
Sad, ain't it? Live never recovered from the aborted Live '11. They'll never live down Andrew Bynum's Jesus glitch. That YouTube vid had me dyin'. :oldlol:
There hasn't been a good NBA Live since 05.

sdot_thadon
08-14-2015, 06:30 AM
There hasn't been a good NBA Live since 05.
2006 was good but they started from scratch for the next Gen systems and totally screwed it up. I didn't touch it again until 2010. The best game in the series, and the last time they had a game better than 2k. They for unknown reasons decide to rebuild from scratch, while 2k further developed what they had after stealing some game from ea, got all the legends and never looked back.

Can't front though, that trailer is nice.

dunksby
08-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Of course your retarded ass would prefer Live :roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
08-14-2015, 06:41 AM
I hope Live is good. 2K's been slacking lately.

NattyPButter
08-14-2015, 07:39 AM
Always played 2K and never cared for Live but from what i'm seeing this years game looks nice. Also getting sick of 2K animations taking over the game game for u. Still waiting for 2k to show some gameplay too because last years game has way to many problems. 2K is gonna to have to get them graphics better too since Live is starting to look better.

Giaodollo
08-14-2015, 07:43 AM
I love that Live is trying. 2k needs competition to step up their game.

NattyPButter
08-14-2015, 07:43 AM
Pro-Am? So they jacked 2k's idea, right down to the name? :roll:

Keep taking them L's EA.

Plz tell me you're joking and not just stupid? Pro AM is not something 2K made up.

uber
08-14-2015, 07:54 AM
can't even remember the last good NBA Live game

Wally450
08-14-2015, 09:24 AM
can't even remember the last good NBA Live game

I'd say 03, but that was the only one I got. I'd still play Live 03 today if I could get updated rosters.

niko
08-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Everything i've seen of Live makes it look better than last year but still not even remotely close to 2K. Not sure what any of you have seen that is different.

MP.Trey
08-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Plz tell me you're joking and not just stupid? Pro AM is not something 2K made up.
They announced their Pro-Am game mode like over a month ago. I never pay attention to Live anymore so I don't know but are you saying Live announced theirs first?

Shade8780
08-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Meanwhile, over at 2K...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF2p-GNWQE4

I like that Live is trying, but really, the exact same name? :oldlol:

Rake2204
08-14-2015, 09:56 AM
The Live Pro-Am actually looks pretty cool. Always a fan of games including real life outdoor parks. 2K used to have a pretty in-depth selection in that regard back in the 00's. That said, I do not play online so I'm doubting this mode would offer much for me.

miles berg
08-14-2015, 10:00 AM
I look forward to Live hopefully figuring it out and vaulting past 2K again. I'm older, my generation grew up on Live, sad to see what it became.

I still remember like it was yesterday how badass NBA Live 95 was when the series debuted. It was overwhelmingly better than anything had been to that point. I was mesmerized.

Dbrog
08-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Just standing there like JEEESUS! Anyone? :lol

For those who don't know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJwXBw86g30

uber
08-14-2015, 10:38 AM
I'd say 03, but that was the only one I got. I'd still play Live 03 today if I could get updated rosters.

either this or 04 .. too bad i sold my psx a while ago

Rake2204
08-14-2015, 10:50 AM
I look forward to Live hopefully figuring it out and vaulting past 2K again. I'm older, my generation grew up on Live, sad to see what it became.

I still remember like it was yesterday how badass NBA Live 95 was when the series debuted. It was overwhelmingly better than anything had been to that point. I was mesmerized.Yup. I had to work with NBA Showdown '94 for two years (I didn't get NBA Live '95). Showdown had its moments, the signature dunk packages were awesome (and the ability for Shaq to shatter the backboard), but it was altogether a clunky game.

My first Live was '96, for Sega Genesis (then PC). Many a-hours spent on those games. That was the first basketball game to have create-a-player, and they had a secret database where if you entered a legend's name or a drafted player from that season into Create-a-Player, their face and attributes would pop up.

Richie2k6
08-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Actually looks decent. Jumping physics look awkward but the dribbling is on point

STATUTORY
08-14-2015, 11:58 AM
:facepalm most of those players too much of a punk to ever even play at rucker park

where Kobe at?

Fallen Angel
08-14-2015, 12:01 PM
They announced their Pro-Am game mode like over a month ago. I never pay attention to Live anymore so I don't know but are you saying Live announced theirs first?
You're ****ing retarded to assume shit before doing any research.

The world would be better without people like you.

MP.Trey
08-14-2015, 12:16 PM
You're ****ing retarded to assume shit before doing any research.

The world would be better without people like you.
I don't do research about things I don't care for bruh. 2k announced this exact same thing a while ago and this is the first I'm hearing about it from Live. Prove me wrong or gtfo.

k0kakw0rld
08-14-2015, 01:17 PM
From 2k12-2k15 there is litterally no difference in the gameplay. ll 2K dose is re-use the same games and add new features to plase their fans. It's horrible, you an clearly see the improvement with Live over the years. That Elite game was horrible :oldlol:

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
All I remember is playing NBA Live was more fun than NBA 2k IMO.

f0und
08-14-2015, 02:08 PM
only way they could bury nba 2k is if they went out and bought the exclusive rights to make an nba game, like what they did with the nfl.

NattyPButter
08-14-2015, 03:33 PM
I don't do research about things I don't care for bruh. 2k announced this exact same thing a while ago and this is the first I'm hearing about it from Live. Prove me wrong or gtfo.

If you don't research then how you expect to learn anything. Pro AM is not a game mode or a thing 2K made up. Have you never heard of Pro AM over the years or even decades? Then you think that EA just copied 2K when it take time and research to make the parks and terminals they made. Both companies had the idea to add Pro AM this year. It's just Live has real parks. Also 2K's isn't really Pro AM but more like Pro AM Crew with fake courts and not playing with the pros with amateurs. Probably still be playing against 7 foot PGs in 2K.

From 2k12-2k15 there is litterally no difference in the gameplay. ll 2K dose is re-use the same games and add new features to plase their fans. It's horrible, you an clearly see the improvement with Live over the years. That Elite game was horrible :oldlol:

I think it's a different game from 2K12 and 2K13. Now it's the same game from 2K14 but rely to heavy on animations and make me feel like i'm barely playing. I think their hiding game play because I don't think they changed much and us 2K hardcores will notice it.

sportjames23
08-14-2015, 04:23 PM
All I remember is playing NBA Live was more fun than NBA 2k IMO.

Arcade usually is more fun than simulation. Run and gun cheesiness (Live and Madden).

I prefer a game that plays more like real life.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Last good Live game was 2005, imo. I recall it better than 2k... And that was the year 2k football overtook Madden (which was also amazing that year). Golden era of sports game. :cry:

Crazy how far behind Live has fell tho. Doesn't EA practically own the market for every other sports game? Fifa, Madden, MMA, PGA, NHL... Figure they would want basketball, too.

NattyPButter
08-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Arcade usually is more fun than simulation. Run and gun cheesiness (Live and Madden).

I prefer a game that plays more like real life.

well 2K doesn't play like real life could be the reason why simulation hasn't been on the game case in the last few years. Been very arcadish like the last few years.

MP.Trey
08-14-2015, 05:29 PM
If you don't research then how you expect to learn anything. Pro AM is not a game mode or a thing 2K made up. Have you never heard of Pro AM over the years or even decades? Then you think that EA just copied 2K when it take time and research to make the parks and terminals they made. Both companies had the idea to add Pro AM this year. It's just Live has real parks. Also 2K's isn't really Pro AM but more like Pro AM Crew with fake courts and not playing with the pros with amateurs. Probably still be playing against 7 foot PGs in 2K.
Of course I've heard of real life Pro Am. Why would that even come up when discussing a fictional game mode? Fact: 2k announced their game mode first. Fact: EA decided to not even change the name of the mode to avoid confusion. That deserves some f*cking criticism, why are so many people up my ass about this? I do tons of research on things I care about but I'm sorry I'm not really that passionate about EA's basketball video games. I just find it funny that EA thought releasing a trailer about a game mode that is nearly identical to one 2k already has announced (And has the EXACT same name) would be a good idea. I'd be making fun of 2k if the roles were reversed.

Rab
08-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Live 95 on the PC was my price possession as a youngster. So many memories playing that game. I'd like to see Live challenge 2K as I think 2K has gotten complacent. I just don't think it'll happen for some time if ever.

NattyPButter
08-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Of course I've heard of real life Pro Am. Why would that even come up when discussing a fictional game mode? Fact: 2k announced their game mode first. Fact: EA decided to not even change the name of the mode to avoid confusion. That deserves some f*cking criticism, why are so many people up my ass about this? I do tons of research on things I care about but I'm sorry I'm not really that passionate about EA's basketball video games. I just find it funny that EA thought releasing a trailer about a game mode that is nearly identical to one 2k already has announced (And has the EXACT same name) would be a good idea. I'd be making fun of 2k if the roles were reversed.

EA doesn't need to change the name when it's the real thing. 2K on the other hand isn't even the real Pro AM, but more of Crew with the Pro AM name attached to it. There is no confusion if you keep up with the basketball world and know what Pro AM is and is about. I'm not passionate about EA's basketball games either. But you seem to not what you're talking about. Pro AM is a thing not a game mode and the way 2K has it set up is fake and is not the real thing. EA has the the right to call it Pro AM while 2K should actually just change the name to Crew or Pro AM Crew.

Rake2204
08-14-2015, 11:18 PM
Kind of a bummer of a caveat for some interested in Live 16: there will be zero manual player editing allowed this year. That means no accessory changes, no attributes alterations, no jersey number changes, nothin'. Kind of crazy that can be left out of a game in this day and age. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-live/849889-no-nba-player-roster-editing-nba-live-16-confirmed.html

Timmy D for MVP
08-15-2015, 02:56 AM

:biggums:

So you don't really play then yeah?

Timmy D for MVP
08-15-2015, 02:57 AM
I cannot believe that EA is trying to put out Live still. I mean I guess if you have the licensing you might as well.

oarabbus
08-15-2015, 03:45 AM

You didn't play them then.

tragicbronson
08-15-2015, 01:28 PM
I want Live to get better so that 2k has some competition, and it looks like it's getting better but 2k is still miles ahead, but i hope Live will get closer, it would be nice to have 2 really good games to play. I am looking at this live gameplay video that has been out and movements and animations still look stiff and a bit robotic.