PDA

View Full Version : well its official. kobe is going all out this year. he plans on winning another gold

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 01:06 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/vr3va1.png

2016... 3 olympic gold medals. Undefeated international record. Goat olympian in basketball history

Lebrons future quote "i'm just happy knowing i wont get a 3rd beonze medal"

NBAplayoffs2001
08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Dude, you're one of the biggest Kobe homers on here. When he retires, will you still post? Srs question.

ShawkFactory
08-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Team doesn't need him

MP.Trey
08-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Good luck to him on "earning" that spot. At least he has the right approach.

ekosky
08-14-2015, 01:15 PM
Still needs to "earn" a spot on the USA roster. :yaohappy:

That's when you know your time is done. Time to move on to the next chapter in your life, Rapebe.

Springsteen
08-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I thought last time was his final year?

AirFederer
08-14-2015, 01:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TNOfxrF.gif

Hey Yo
08-14-2015, 01:20 PM
LAS VEGAS — Kobe Bryant has a chance to be a member of the 2016 U.S. Olympic team, even though he is not attending Team USA’s minicamp this week, USA Basketball Executive Director Jerry Colangelo told SheridanHoops Tuesday.

“If he had a great year, it would be a great story for him to try to close out his career by winning a gold medal,” Colangelo said.

Bryant and Colangelo actually discussed the possibility in June during an NBA/USAB sponsorship conference in New York. Colangelo made no promises or guarantees, but made it clear to Bryant that if he is able to compete at a high level during the 2015-16 season, the door will be open for him to return to Team USA.

“The thing is, he’s going to have a lot of competition,” Colangelo said as 34 players took part in Day One of training camp, going through light shooting drills before a packed auditorium on the campus of UNLV.

Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/08/11/exclusive-kobe-bryant-in-the-mix-for-2016-rio-olympic-team/#RwiVsdyb02tpbYQw.99

SugarHill
08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
If he can play in the Olympics again and it means that much to him then how could you possibly be mad? Let Oldbe play in the Olympics.

Rocketswin2013
08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Unless he comes back at his 2023 offensive level, he'll fail miserably. I don't know where he'll get fresher legs.

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 01:28 PM
I think it's kind of selfish of him. Let the young guys who never played in the Olympics experience that. But again, this is Kobe. The only person he's ever cared about in the basketball world was himself.

ekosky
08-14-2015, 01:29 PM
I think it's kind of selfish of him. Let the young guys who never played in the Olympics experience that. But again, this is Kobe. The only person he's ever cared about in the basketball world was himself.
Damn.

Pointguard
08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Wade, Butler, Klay and Harden should get priority and Steph really plays that position as well in international play. Its not like he's going to pass Lebron's records or anything. Kobe would be interfering with future at this point.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Realistically speaking, all the guys likely to make the cut will be better than Kobe.

Who's spot is he gonna take? I say let the young guys get theirs, dude already has his gold medal(s)

West-Side
08-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Team doesn't need him

Yes they do. They can use his leadership.
Kind of like Kidd on the last US team.

He'll obviously not be getting too many minutes but being a vocal leader during games and in preparation would help the team, IMO.

West-Side
08-14-2015, 02:03 PM

Did he not say he wants to "earn" his spot.
Your hatred for the guy is ridiculous.

Did you have the same hostility for guys like Jason Kidd, or is it just Kobe?
If he said "I'm Kobe, **** the young guns, I deserve this spot." Than I'd understand your reasoning but he clearly said "He wants to EARN it."

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:03 PM

The fucc are you talking about right now? Whoever deserves the spot will get it just like Kobe and Jerry said. You really think they're gonna pass up on one of these young studs to appease oldbe? :coleman:

Kobe haters running out of rope just condemning this ni99a for any old thing now.

Also , D'angelo Russell will be a bust. Great pick. :facepalm

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Did he not say he wants to "earn" his spot.
Your hatred for the guy is ridiculous.

Did you have the same hostility for guys like Jason Kidd, or is it just Kobe?
If he said "I'm Kobe, **** the young guns, I deserve this spot." Than I'd understand your reasoning but he clearly said "He wants to EARN it."

Playing in the Olympics is a special experience that a lot of the youngsters have never experienced. Kobe already played in 2. Why does he need another one? If it came down to "earning" it, he won't. Because he's on his last legs.

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 02:10 PM
I think an even better story would be if he didnt make the cut. Then went to play for italy and medald

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:16 PM
The fucc are you talking about right now? Whoever deserves the spot will get it just like Kobe and Jerry said. You really think they're gonna pass up on one of these young studs to appease oldbe? :coleman:

Kobe haters running out of rope just condemning this ni99a for any old thing now.

Also , D'angelo Russell will be a bust. Great pick. :facepalm

I am worried about Russell though. :oldlol: Dude has heavy feet. That's not good for a PG. Hope for the best at this point.

West-Side
08-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Playing in the Olympics is a special experience that a lot of the youngsters have never experienced. Kobe already played in 2. Why does he need another one? If it came down to "earning" it, he won't. Because he's on his last legs.

Well team USA don't always pick the very best players; they pick the best fit. They could use Kobe's veteran leadership and stop acting like the man can't play anymore. Surrounded with guys like LeBron and Durant, I'm sure Kobe can still put the ball in the hoop.

Again, I ask you; did you have a problem with Jason Kidd playing for team USA???

STATUTORY
08-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Kobe would have literally ate Monty's ass in that 2 dribbles and shoot drill

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:22 PM
I am worried about Russell though. :oldlol: Dude has heavy feet. That's not good for a PG. Hope for the best at this point.

The moment they picked him I knew it was a mistake. Okafor was ready to be here.

Now we have to rely on this slow footed rookie as our starting PG when we could've had Rondo for a season and moved Clarkson to the two.

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Well team USA don't always pick the very best players; they pick the best fit. They could use Kobe's veteran leadership and stop acting like the man can't play anymore. Surrounded with guys like LeBron and Durant, I'm sure Kobe can still put the ball in the hoop.

Again, I ask you; did you have a problem with Jason Kidd playing for team USA???

Please. You're a Kobe fan. All you care about is Kobe so of course you want him to get another gold medal to enhance his legacy. You heard what I had to say about this. Nothing more needs to be said.

dazzer87
08-14-2015, 02:23 PM
KOME........:bowdown:

Dr Seuss
08-14-2015, 02:25 PM

It's pretty damn funny how leading up to the draft, you were all about russel. stating he has superstar potential, citing west's claims regarding him as evidence, and using youtube videos as your only way of analyzing him. And now after a underwhelming summer league, you make entirely different claims which were evident all along to anyone that saw a handful of his games.

point of my post? none. just that you sure do a lot of chirping on this site.

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:25 PM
The moment they picked him I knew it was a mistake. Okafor was ready to be here.

Now we have to rely on this slow footed rookie as our starting PG when we could've had Rondo for a season and moved Clarkson to the two.

Can't believe they missed this. One of the very first things I look for in a player is light feet. Without light feet, you are going to struggle in basketball. It would've taken me a few drills to see that Russell had heavy feet. Just unreal how "professional" scouts can miss this obvious flaw.

r15mohd
08-14-2015, 02:26 PM

veteran leadership isn't Kobe's strong point though...this is where Kidd was certainly a wanted individual over Kobe. just look at Kidd's post playing career, he's fusing teams to compete as a head coach, not to mention he was very good PG throughout his career in which many greats welcomed alongside them.

at this stage Kobe needs to focus on remaining healthy for a years worth of competition and educating the Laker youths on his squad. if he goes "gunning" this season in hopes for a spot on team USA, he's only going to re-injure himself to something career ending IMO.

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:26 PM
It's funny how Kobe can answer one question and everyone and their mother sees it as like most selfish thing ever.

Just like when they asked him if he thought the Lakers could make the playoffs.

Ya shook by this old ass dude.

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:27 PM
It's pretty damn funny how leading up to the draft, you were all about russel. stating he has superstar potential, citing west's claims regarding him as evidence, and using youtube videos as your only way of analyzing him. And now after a underwhelming summer league, you make entirely different claims which were evident all along to anyone that saw a handful of his games.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:28 PM
veteran leadership isn't Kobe's strong point though...this is where Kidd was certainly a wanted individual over Kobe. just look at Kidd's post playing career, he's fusing teams to compete as a head coach, not to mention he was very good PG throughout his career in which many greats welcomed alongside them.

at this stage Kobe needs to focus on remaining healthy for a years worth of competition and educating the Laker youths on his squad. if he goes "gunning" this season in hopes for a spot on team USA, he's only going to re-injure himself to something career ending IMO.

Yet that's exactly why they asked him to join the Team in 08. Vet leadership and defense. :lol

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Can't believe they missed this. One of the very first things I look for in a player is light feet. Without light feet, you are going to struggle in basketball. It would've taken me a few drills to see that Russell had heavy feet. Just unreal how "professional" scouts can miss this obvious flaw.

:roll:

Bro, how did YOU miss this? Do I really need to bump all the threads of you analyzing Russell's game swearing he would be a superstar? :biggums:

Levity
08-14-2015, 02:32 PM

Bro, how did YOU miss this? Do I really need to bump all the threads of you analyzing Russell's game swearing he would be a superstar? :biggums:

:lol

Revivals infamous % probability of Russel hitting super stardom.

SugarHill
08-14-2015, 02:34 PM

Why are you writing him off before his first NBA game? Like can he have a first game? :coleman:

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:36 PM

And I'm glad you remember what I said correctly. And I said since I didn't get to watch him live, all I can go by is highlights but that there is no substitute for watching someone live since this was before summer league. But if you had given me 10 minutes to work him through drills, I would've seen his heavy feet. That's like the first thing I look for when judging athleticism. His highlights didn't show that. They only showed his good points.

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:39 PM

Because when a guy is running in a fast break, you can't judge light feet. You can only judge a person's light feet by watching them live and seieing them move around the court doing various things. Everyone knew he had questionable athleticism. That was obvious. But the one thing I was banking on was that despite not have explosiveness, he had some light feet. But he doesn't. And that's a big worry.

His passing and shooting will have to be really great for him to be a very good player.

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:39 PM

Smh. :lol

Okafor was always the pick. The Lakers let that Curry hype get to their head because of The Finals, the irony of it is he didn't even win FMVP.

Besides what makes more sense , just tacking on another PG in this current renaissance of Point Guards and hoping he shines or taking the skilled big who could potentially sky rocket to the Top in a depleted Big league where his only legit competition in 2 years removed from his development is DMC and Anthony Davis.

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:41 PM

That was from ESPN based on various factors. I didn't make that up.

HOoopCityJones
08-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Why are you writing him off before his first NBA game? Like can he have a first game? :coleman:

I have nothing against the kid's game.

I'm just a Okafor guy , was since draft night. It's nothing against Russell , he could still end up being one hell of a player but what Ive seen so far from him and even before draft night didn't really impress me. I never got the hype. :confusedshrug:

r15mohd
08-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Yet that's exactly why they asked him to join the Team in 08. Vet leadership and defense. :lol

2008 vs 2015 Kobe

just ask yourself this one question and this alone will tell why his leadership isn't anything worth bringing to the 2016 squad:

leadership encompasses the ability to adjust to your situation and making the best of it, even if it means you (as the leader) relinquishing your role for the betterment of the team. has Kobe done this from 2011 to present?

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Look guys, we are all Laker fans. We want Russell to do well. I really love everything about the guy from his elite vision, passing skills, feel for the game, confidence, release and shot. He's got size and length.

The only thing is he has heavy feet and that's a big worry, at least for me. But let's see what he does. He hasn't played his first game yet. Yes, I would be much more confident about Russell if he had light feet. But he doesn't. We have to move on.

Levity
08-14-2015, 02:43 PM
That was from ESPN based on various factors. I didn't make that up.

haha i know. you just kept citing it on here, beating that dead horse. nothing wrong with that, except you had that clippersfan86 vibe during that time with your blind love for a player.

and i say this as a believer in russel (that glass will always be half full)

West-Side
08-14-2015, 02:45 PM
:oldlol: @ ClipperRevival dismissing my question and resorting to the "You're a Kobe stan" routine.

#FlawlessVictory.

And :roll: @ some of you who think Kobe wouldn't bring intangibles to team USA. He's one of the smartest players in the league and has been for a long time. He is a great leader. I love how Kidd was mentioned and that he's a coach and was a point guard, blah blah. What exactly makes Kidd a better leader? Kobe has won in the NBA and in the Olympics as a leader; his dearest teammates like Pau & Lamar loved his leadership. Most of the younger players admire his work ethic and tenacity.

I don't care if they pick someone who's younger and is better than current Kobe but don't sit there and tell me that Kobe wouldn't bring forth valuable leadership both in the locker room and in games.

ClipperRevival
08-14-2015, 02:51 PM
:oldlol: @ ClipperRevival dismissing my question and resorting to the "You're a Kobe stan" routine.

#FlawlessVictory.

And :roll: @ some of you who think Kobe wouldn't bring intangibles to team USA. He's one of the smartest players in the league and has been for a long time. He is a great leader. I love how Kidd was mentioned and that he's a coach and was a point guard, blah blah. What exactly makes Kidd a better leader? Kobe has won in the NBA and in the Olympics as a leader; his dearest teammates like Pau & Lamar loved his leadership. Most of the younger players admire his work ethic and tenacity.

I don't care if they pick someone who's younger and is better than current Kobe but don't sit there and tell me that Kobe wouldn't bring forth valuable leadership both in the locker room and in games.

Doesn't matter what Kidd's situation was. Kobe has 2 medals. He doesn't need to take away the opportunity of another player from experiencing the Olympics.

r15mohd
08-14-2015, 02:56 PM

#FlawlessVictory.

he was the one of the smartest...his direction of recent isn't smart by any measure. that's why I said based on his present self. do you think team USA will be going off him reverting to his 2008-2010 ways or basing what he's brought from the table 2011 to present?

as for Kidd...he is also an NBA and Olympic winner, all star PG who's been the leader of teams as a player and coach. so that in itself is vetting his leadership quality as he's been successful in all facets of it so far. :confusedshrug:

KNOW1EDGE
08-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Anybody who is a fan of USA basketball should want to see Kobe play in 2016.

Put your laker hatred to the side. Put your feminist agenda to the side. Put your kobe hatred to the side.

If healthy, Kobe would be an immeasurable asset to team USA

Beastmode88
08-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Didn't Kobe also say the only reason he'll go to the 2016 Olympics was to watch Pau get a silver medal? :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
08-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Dude, you're one of the biggest Kobe homers on here. When he retires, will you still post? Srs question.

kenneth will be on suicide watch when Kobe retires.

r15mohd
08-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Anybody who is a fan of USA basketball should want to see Kobe play in 2016.

Put your laker hatred to the side. Put your feminist agenda to the side. Put your kobe hatred to the side.

If healthy, Kobe would be an immeasurable asset to team USA

I doubt it's hatred...it's logical sense for him not to be on it. you have equal or greater talent competing for the SG/SF position, and much leadership alongside them with the current prospects vetting for a spot on the 2016 squad. Lebron, Melo, KD, CP, Harden, Westbrook all have leadership/veterans status and have been apart of team USA in 2012 already.

if Kobe is up for mention, then why no TD, Wade, Iggy, Bosh, etc....it just doesnt make sense

it is actually more of the opposite in that fan emotions are driving him being a viable selection at this time, when he shouldnt even be mentioned unless it's extended to those others referenced above.

sportjames23
08-14-2015, 03:22 PM
I think an even better story would be if he didnt make the cut. Then went to play for italy and medald

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The delusions of this stan. :oldlol:

SpecialQue
08-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Just go away and leave us alone. Nobody here likes you. NOBODY.

Pointguard
08-14-2015, 03:29 PM
You have to remember that Lebron, Wade, Bosh and DH were the future of this team like 10 years ago. They were groomed for this role as cornerstones for the team. There is no need for new leadership at this point if only two of them play. Taking Kobe for leadership, doesn't make sense being that two of them had their own championship teams and were picked to lead this team like 10 years ago. Now if he comes back as a super player I don't have an argument provided that this year his leadership isn't counter productive to his team like it has shown a few years back.

I<3NBA
08-14-2015, 03:32 PM
earn his spot? :lol

he can't even walk :lol

let the cripple have his delusions

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 03:43 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The delusions of this stan. :oldlol:

You act like its an impossibility for kobe to carry a team full of non nba'rs to a bronze medal... players allot worse than kob do it all the time

LoneyROY7
08-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Other than legacy, he has no place on this team anymore. There are simply better and more deserving players.

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Other than legacy, he has no place on this team anymore. There are simply better and more deserving players.

If healthy he can still average 25/5/5 on 43-45% with the right teammates

Your fg% goes up when playing with other great players. Lebrons sky rocketed playing with wade and bosh. Then he left and it dropped almost 10% points

Kibe shot badly last year more because he had no team mate to draw attention

So he'd be fine on team usa

RRR3
08-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Your fg% goes up when playing with other great players. Lebrons sky rocketed playing with wade and bosh. Then he left and it dropped almost 10% points

Kobe had shitty teammates in 2006 and he shot 45% :confusedshrug:

He's not the same player anymore bro accept it.

kennethgriffin
08-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Kobe had shitty teammates in 2006 and he shot 45% :confusedshrug:

He's not the same player anymore bro accept it.

If kobe had great team mates in 2006 he probably shoots 50% though

fragokota
08-14-2015, 05:55 PM

:kobe:

Let it go son.

Dr Hawk
08-14-2015, 05:57 PM
"I don't want a spot. I need to earn the spot"

Maximum respect :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AnaheimLakers24
08-14-2015, 06:30 PM
Usa will cruise to gold again if hes on the team.

Beastmode88
08-14-2015, 06:43 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
08-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Kobe goes all out every year. Big dic.k alpha. (Lenght + girth)

SpecialQue
08-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Kobe goes all out every year. Big dic.k alpha. (Lenght + girth)

Thanks for specifying.

ArbitraryWater
08-14-2015, 07:32 PM
I have nothing against the kid's game.

I'm just a Okafor guy , was since draft night. It's nothing against Russell , he could still end up being one hell of a player but what Ive seen so far from him and even before draft night didn't really impress me. I never got the hype. :confusedshrug:

kinda cringed up reading that.. thats something right outta Kobe's mouth, stop talkin' like a ****ing wise guy