PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's foundation offering 4 yr scholarships to University of Akron(41.8 million)

Rose'sACL
08-14-2015, 03:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/iDEDF1H.jpg

the University received $40 million in budget cuts recently.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/29768178/students-staff-question-university-of-akron-budget-cuts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-and-u-of-akron-to-give-4-year-scholarships-to-qualifying-students-015916347.html

KirbyPls
08-14-2015, 03:53 PM

http://www.wsmv.com/story/29768178/students-staff-question-university-of-akron-budget-cuts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-and-u-of-akron-to-give-4-year-scholarships-to-qualifying-students-015916347.html

Worse than Hitler tbh. :mad:

HurricaneKid
08-14-2015, 03:58 PM

First, he does the decision and gives millions to the Boys and Girls Club. Now this. What a horrible waste. He could be raping girls in Co or punching teammates in the face.

VengefulAngel
08-14-2015, 03:59 PM
What a selfish prick

trolling bran stans is fun ;)

KirbyPls
08-14-2015, 04:02 PM
First, he does the decision and gives millions to the Boys and Girls Club. Now this. What a horrible waste. He could be raping girls in Co or punching teammates in the face.

This is why everyone hates him. :facepalm

uber
08-14-2015, 04:04 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

IGOTGAME
08-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Would be nice if he and whatever group just gave the scholarships to people going to school in Ohio. There are good schools there and university of Akron is shit

nzahir
08-14-2015, 04:06 PM
This is probably the only place in the world that people would discredit a man who tries to help all these children get through college. Too bad all of you guys in real life wouldnt have the balls to say 95% of this shit to normal people. They would either look at you like you are stupid or fight you

ShawkFactory
08-14-2015, 04:13 PM
He gave 41 million for the publicity.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Here come all the *******s whining about "respect", and demanding everyone should like LeBron because he's a "good person". :oldlol:

Newsflash: LeBron doesn't need you losers to prop him up. He's a big boy, and his actions speak for them self.

KirbyPls
08-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Here come all the *******s whining about "respect" and demanding everyone should like LeBron because he's a "good person". :oldlol:

Newsflash: LeBron doesn't need you losers to prop him up. He's a big boy.

You sound upset. Is everything alright at home? :(

Rose'sACL
08-14-2015, 04:15 PM
this. tbh

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-14-2015, 04:16 PM
You sound upset. Is everything alright at home? :(

LeBron doesn't know you - and that's ok :cheers:

KirbyPls
08-14-2015, 04:19 PM
LeBron doesn't know you - and that's ok :cheers:

It's alright, ISH cares about you. If you are going through a rough patch, we are here to help. :cheers:

GIF REACTION
08-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Lebron would LITERALLY have to cure cancer for you guys to applaud him.

Wait no scratch that. Even that wouldn't be enough.

HurricaneKid
08-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Nah. If he cured cancer they would be talking about the 500,000 Americans that died last year because he didn't cure it faster.

Trollsmasher
08-14-2015, 04:29 PM
that's pretty selfish

1) why just 1000 scholarships? why not 2000, eh?

2) why does it have to be his foundation? why not someone else's, like Kobe's?

so, all things counted, this is probably a PR stunt for tax cuts

ralph_i_el
08-14-2015, 04:29 PM
That's a big tax deduction. If he didn't donate it, he would have paid 38.5% of it in federal income tax and 5.33% in Ohio. By donating it, he gets to deduct it from his income. $41m*(.385+.0533)= $17.97 million in taxes. So really, LeBron donated ~$23m net (still really cool of him)

HurricaneKid
08-14-2015, 04:32 PM
That's a big tax deduction. If he didn't donate it, he would have paid 38.5% of it in federal income tax and 5.33% in Ohio. By donating it, he gets to deduct it from his income. $41m*(.385+.0533)= $17.97 million in taxes. So really, LeBron donated ~$23m net (still really cool of him)

There are other considerations (the foundation providing the scholarships, not him, etc) but its probably something close to that.

Everyone that donates at this level gets significant consideration in some way, usually financial.

When KD donated 1M after the tornados rolled through Ok it was a HUGE deal. Thats 2% of what we are talking about here.

Bankaii
08-14-2015, 04:33 PM
What an asshole, only Akron. Why not the whole world, he owes us all for leaving a basketball team.

FLDFSU
08-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Here come all the *******s whining about "respect", and demanding everyone should like LeBron because he's a "good person". :oldlol:

Newsflash: LeBron doesn't need you losers to prop him up. He's a big boy, and his actions speak for them self.

And Lebron cares more about his son dog's bowel movements than cares about your criticism of him...

Yet you follow him around...team to team...hating on him.

Who is the loser again?

IGOTGAME
08-14-2015, 04:36 PM
What an asshole, only Akron. Why not the whole world, he owes us all for leaving a basketball team.
It's a great gesture. It does set up situations where kids will go to University of Akron when they wkuldnt have before. I'd think it would be a better move to attempt to open it out to all of Ohio Universities. That way a kid who gets into a better school won't settle for Akron, a bad school. 10k a year is enough for most non rich kids at Oberlin when you factor in grants etc. I'd rather not leave those kids out

IGOTGAME
08-14-2015, 04:38 PM
This is probably the only place in the world that people would discredit a man who tries to help all these children get through college. Too bad all of you guys in real life wouldnt have the balls to say 95% of this shit to normal people. They would either look at you like you are stupid or fight you

Talked out this at work today. I'd say it to one of his representatives if I run into them. Obviously, I don't care what Lebron does off the ball court but this caught my eye in the news. Good gesture and it will have a good effect. Just wish he'd help the kids that were excelling

NuggetsFan
08-14-2015, 04:41 PM

Seriously. Plus it's not like LeBron has ever been considered a bad person or anything. There's never really been anything off the court has there? He's pretty much kept his nose clean his entire career. Just seems like an egotistical douche which I'm sure the NBA is filled with.

STATUTORY
08-14-2015, 04:44 PM
so he's gonna condemn kids to an education at a mediocre school like University of Akron instead of allowing them to choose where to go?

Ironic, Lebron not letting kids have The Decisions

Rose'sACL
08-14-2015, 04:47 PM
so he's gonna condemn kids to an education at a mediocre school like University of Akron instead of allowing them to choose where to go?

Ironic, Lebron not letting kids have The Decisions
this, tbh

GIF REACTION
08-14-2015, 05:01 PM
http://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1977684686.gif

305Baller
08-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Alpha.

J Shuttlesworth
08-14-2015, 05:08 PM
I like these type of threads. We get to enjoy watching Kobe stans reach new levels of stupidity

Akrazotile
08-14-2015, 05:09 PM
My god. Lebron just KEEPS. ON. WINNING.

It's unreal.

Six finals by age 30, great family, amazing c0ck size, rich as phuck, humanitarian af, no legal trouble, natural hairline, gold medals, movie star....

Lebron straight SHINING. Haters cutting their wrists.

imdaman99
08-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Good gesture but I'd rather not hear about it. There is such a thing as being humble and anonymously donating millions especially when you are on your way to being a billionaire. Waiting on Lebron's press conference on this matter.

Guess what guys, I gave $1 to a homeless guy the other day. That was probably the same % I have compared to what Lebron did this.

Like I said, great gesture and appreciate it but I don't like it when there are press clippings on something like this.

In on the Lebron jerkcircle in here.

Springsteen
08-14-2015, 05:13 PM
:applause:

RRR3
08-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Not really threadworthy, but good for him I guess.

Springsteen
08-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Good gesture but I'd rather not hear about it. There is such a thing as being humble and anonymously donating millions especially when you are on your way to being a billionaire. Waiting on Lebron's press conference on this matter.

Guess what guys, I gave $1 to a homeless guy the other day. That was probably the same % I have compared to what Lebron did this.

Like I said, great gesture and appreciate it but I don't like it when there are press clippings on something like this.

I'm sure if you donated millions of dollars to charity, you'd want the credit to your name scrubbed from all media, right? Wow, you're so humble. :bowdown:

I guess you must hate Bill Gates and Warren Buffett too. :lol

Lensanity
08-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Lebron would LITERALLY have to cure cancer for you guys to applaud him.

Wait no scratch that. Even that wouldn't be enough.
There already is a cure for cancer. It's THC and CBD oils. The government just doesn't want you to know.

Jailblazers7
08-14-2015, 05:23 PM

Lol, you think the University of Akron is going to receive a $40 mil donation for a scholarship foundation and not public thank the donor? Not to mention the publicity it generates for both the University and Lebron.

Bankaii
08-14-2015, 05:56 PM

Dude you're really dumb.
But then again can't expect a brokeass to understand money and donating.

4 Inches
08-14-2015, 05:58 PM
#BlackExcellence

imdaman99
08-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Lol, you think the University of Akron is going to receive a $40 mil donation for a scholarship foundation and not public thank the donor? Not to mention the publicity it generates for both the University and Lebron.
Knowing Lebron and his ppl, it was them who made sure it made the news. But I can understand if it was the university making big news of this. I'd much rather they work from the base up. College? We need to make sure the kids are getting through elementary school and HS.

Dude you're really dumb.
But then again can't expect a brokeass to understand money and donating.
:roll: Listen to this guy who lives in his mother's basement catching feelings :roll: What does someone who lives in the basement know about donating?

Beastmode88
08-14-2015, 06:54 PM
I hate lebron as much as the next guy but damn some people are just ridiculous. Let the man be, he's trying to do something for his community. SMH, only on ISH.

The_Pharcyde
08-14-2015, 06:55 PM

shutup bro, i dont even like lebron cause he eliminates my team every year but you sound like a 13 year old

41 million is 41 million there is no percentage you can say

and if the $1 is true then considering lebrons networth is at 375 million that would mean you have 10 dollars to your name considering 41 million is roughly 10 percent

so not only are you annoying... you are incredibly poor... start studying, daddy lebron has a scholarship waiting for you

SyRyanYang
08-14-2015, 06:57 PM

Lebron stans are so defensive it's not even funny. Life must be hard flipping burgers.

raprap
08-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Check my $tat$ :applause:

Haters catching feelings. :oldlol:

raprap
08-14-2015, 07:12 PM
shutup bro, i dont even like lebron cause he eliminates my team every year but you sound like a 13 year old

and if the $1 is true then considering lebrons networth is at 375 million that would mean you have 10 dollars to your name considering 41 million is roughly 10 percent

so not only are you annoying... you are incredibly poor... start studying, daddy lebron has a scholarship waiting for you
:eek: :rockon:

SpecialQue
08-14-2015, 07:14 PM
Best thing he's done since Trainwreck. :applause:

I'm still rooting for this nigguh to lose though.

buddha
08-14-2015, 07:17 PM

that's pretty much how much money he made in endorsements last year alone.

it's easy to donate and be a philanthropist when you make ridiculous amounts of money, plus don't think tax incentives don't play a big part in these millionaires/billionaires decisions. I'd give more props to some guy who makes 50k a year donating 1 or 2k, now that's caring.

imdaman99
08-14-2015, 07:47 PM

Sorry I paid for my own education. And since you're a Bulls fan, I think Lebron is more likely your daddy.

:oldlol: at taking my post literally about $1 to my savings :oldlol: at looking up his networth. Check dem $tat$

J Shuttlesworth
08-14-2015, 08:09 PM
lol people are literally scrutinizing LeBron for this. ISH is a real pathetic place

Westbrook0
08-14-2015, 08:47 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE TRYING TO DEFEND LEBRON

The people who are 'bashing' LeBron for this and are saying negative things about it are either being sarcastic, or else just trying to be annoying.

Please don't let them convince you that they really mean it. No sane person on the earth would bash a guy for providing tens of millions of dollars in college scholarships for kids.

Quickening
08-14-2015, 08:51 PM

:lol :roll: :roll:

LongLiveTheKing
08-14-2015, 08:52 PM
Michael Scott's 'Scott's Tots' >>> LeBron's foundation. It isn't even close

J Shuttlesworth
08-14-2015, 09:06 PM
[SIZE="5"] No sane person on the earth would bash a guy for providing tens of millions of dollars in college scholarships for kids.
Nobody said they were sane. I don't think they are all trolling. I think some of them are legitimately stupid, or perhaps autistic.

AnaheimLakers24
08-14-2015, 09:18 PM
So forced and fake. Selfish act imo to promote himself after going 2/6

SugarHill
08-14-2015, 10:08 PM
this thread just reinforces my idea that if lebron cured all forms of cancer that people would still be mad at him for it

RRR3
08-14-2015, 10:09 PM
this thread just reinforces my idea that if lebron cured all forms of cancer that people would still be mad at him for it
Mostly the Kobe fans

eliteballer
08-14-2015, 10:23 PM
LeBron isn't necessarily a "bad guy", but he's overrated and has a huge ego.

Enough reason for the hate.

Springsteen
08-14-2015, 10:34 PM
LeBron isn't necessarily a "bad guy", but he's overrated and has a huge ego.

What is Kobe then?

RRR3
08-14-2015, 10:40 PM
What is Kobe then?
DA GOAT GAWD

inclinerator
08-14-2015, 10:41 PM
that's one of the bigger donations ive heard from a celeb

eliteballer
08-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Here's the difference between Kobe and LeBron.

Kobe has a huge ego when it comes to playing basketball, which is justified all things considered.

LeBron? He's one of those people who think's he's God's gift to everyone in general.

RRR3
08-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Here's the difference between Kobe and LeBron.

Kobe has a huge ego when it comes to playing basketball, which is justified all things considered.

LeBron? He's one of those people who think's he's God's gift to everyone in general.
Madder than Tom Brady being forced to take a polygraph test :oldlol:

gilalizard
08-14-2015, 11:25 PM
After abjectly betraying and screwing over a community that gave him their hearts, this is the very least he could do to begin making amends.

Obviously this is all part of a big marketing push to improve his image. His handlers must realize how garbage it actually is when compared to other all-time greats. Since they can't point to an all-time great Finals records, they're pushing the "good guy" angle.

LeBron on the other hand... pfft. Dude could lose 40 mil in change in the couch cushions and never know it. This amount of money won't impact his lifestyle one iota.

RRR3
08-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Gilalizard is probably legit sobbing as he types stuff about LeBron. Dude is shook.

Rent free.

2/6>>>>>dedicating your life to hating someone online

:yaohappy:

#madderthanahogtiedcornfritter

gilalizard
08-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Gilalizard is probably legit sobbing as he types stuff about LeBron. Dude is shook.

Rent free.

2/6>>>>>dedicating your life to hating someone online

:yaohappy:

#madderthanahogtiedcornfritter

It doesn't take that long. Just a few minutes every few days.

Megabox!
08-14-2015, 11:39 PM
After abjectly betraying and screwing over a community that gave him their hearts, this is the very least he could do to begin making amends.

Obviously this is all part of a big marketing push to improve his image. His handlers must realize how garbage it actually is when compared to other all-time greats. Since they can't point to an all-time great Finals records, they're pushing the "good guy" angle.

LeBron on the other hand... pfft. Dude could lose 40 mil in change in the couch cushions and never know it. This amount of money won't impact his lifestyle one iota.
I wonder if Lebron even knows that he's been mind-f*cking some random loser on the Internet for multiple years all just by simply playing basketball.

RRR3
08-14-2015, 11:40 PM
Lebron is my hero. I have a shrine to him in my closet. I only hate him online because I am mad he won't go out with me
:sleeping

RRR3
08-14-2015, 11:40 PM
I wonder if Lebron even knows that he's been mind-f*cking some random loser on the Internet for multiple years all just by simply playing basketball.
Dude look up his reaction after the 2012 finals. You could practically HEAR him crying through his posts lol

gilalizard
08-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Dude look up his reaction after the 2012 finals. You could practically HEAR him crying through his posts lol

Sorry I don't remember you, but I guess telling the truth about it got under your skin bad enough that you're still carrying it around 3 years later.

:pimp:

RRR3
08-14-2015, 11:45 PM
I am an alt of someone too scared to voice their opinions on their main

gilalizard
08-14-2015, 11:54 PM

:hammerhead:

Lebron23
08-15-2015, 02:18 AM
What a great human being. Anyone who criticized LeBron for being kind, and generous are a bunch of idiots.

AirFederer
08-15-2015, 02:25 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/gay_dance.gif

Bandito
08-15-2015, 02:34 AM
My god. Lebron just KEEPS. ON. WINNING.

It's unreal.

Six finals by age 30, great family, amazing c0ck size, rich as phuck, humanitarian af, no legal trouble, natural hairline, gold medals, movie star....

Lebron straight SHINING. Haters cutting their wrists.
Seriously what?

Bandito
08-15-2015, 02:41 AM
Nicely done from Lebron's part. Is not everyday rich people just give 41million away. Still rooting for CLE to lose though...

funnystuff
08-15-2015, 03:53 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LongLiveTheKing
08-15-2015, 04:16 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

imdaman99
08-15-2015, 09:50 AM

I wouldn't go this far. $41 million is a lot, I'm sure Lebron is not leaving the AC on all summer because of this. He just donated so much of his money to poor kids. Humble guy, it had nothing to do with them naming a wing after him or anything like that! Lebron James such a good guy! Leaves them in tears 5 yrs ago, but comes back to bring Cleveland championships! This is all time redemption!!!!!

imdaman99
08-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Before y'all kill me, I am joking. Like I said, my only real beef is that it wasn't 'anonymous'. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron showed up in person with one of them giant checks to take pictures with it. Waiting on them pics though.

Megabox!
08-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Before y'all kill me, I am joking. Like I said, my only real beef is that it wasn't 'anonymous'. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron showed up in person with one of them giant checks to take pictures with it. Waiting on them pics though.
Who the f*ck cares if it was anonymous or not. Jesus Christ :facepalm

imdaman99
08-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Who the f*ck cares if it was anonymous or not. Jesus Christ :facepalm
Why you getting upset about another man's opinion? Allow me to have mine :(

Bandito
08-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Why you getting upset about another man's opinion? Allow me to have mine :(
I allow you to form gour own opinion even if fanatics say no.

Nash
08-15-2015, 03:41 PM

this ether is so damn good

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yao Ming's Foot
08-15-2015, 03:55 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE TRYING TO DEFEND LEBRON

The people who are 'bashing' LeBron for this and are saying negative things about it are either being sarcastic, or else just trying to be annoying.

Please don't let them convince you that they really mean it. No sane person on the earth would bash a guy for providing tens of millions of dollars in college scholarships for kids.

What if Lebron or his foundation wasn't actually paying for any of it???

https://i.gyazo.com/61686027f90081a714e5c1bbd74dc2c7.png

:roll:

20Four
08-15-2015, 03:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nibBrAr.gif

Yao Ming's Foot
08-15-2015, 04:01 PM
On Thursday, James announced a partnership between his foundation, the university, and JPMorgan Chase in which any child under James' mentorship who graduates from Akron Public Schools and meets yet-to-be-determined testing, attendance, and community-service criteria would receive receive a free ride to the University of Akron.

The scholarships, paid for by the university, will cover tuition and Akron's general services fee -- currently worth about $9,500 a year.

University of Akron President Scott Scarborough broke the news, with James on hand, at Cedar Point, where James' foundation held a "reunion" for thousands of mostly poor children, their parents, and friends from Akron.

The announcement was met by some cheers, gasps of surprise, and a measure of silence likely brought on by confusion over what just happened.

"We're giving you guys free scholarships," James said on stage, following the announcement. "Do you guys know how much money (that's worth)? This means so much to me, so much to these kids."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/08/lebron_james_university_of_akr.html

LeBron mythologists stay giving him props for things he hypothetically did.

:applause: :bowdown: :applause: :bowdown: :roll:

chazzy
08-15-2015, 04:58 PM
You guys actually thought he was paying for it out of pocket?

20Four
08-15-2015, 05:06 PM
those vids are disgusting.. get outta here with that :biggums:

My bad son :cheers: