PDA

View Full Version : Woj/Spears: Embiid to Have Surgery August 18th

Meticode
08-15-2015, 01:27 PM
He will miss the entire 2015-16 season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--76ers-center-joel-embiid-to-have-surgery-tuesday-145903835.html

AnaheimLakers24
08-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Loser bust, i bet he aint got them jokes rolling out on twitter anymore. Bum

:lol sixers
#trustprocess

magmo68
08-15-2015, 02:08 PM
...aka announced his retirement...rock chalk

Shade8780
08-15-2015, 03:03 PM
This is sad.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-15-2015, 03:09 PM
The future Hakeem The Dream...https://media3.giphy.com/media/HPvfnOuz1tOgg/200.gif

QuebecBaller
08-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Will he remember how to play basketball?

NBAplayoffs2001
08-15-2015, 03:13 PM
I remember someone saying he was the next Hakeem the Dream/Patrick Ewing... dude's talented but not that talented.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-15-2015, 03:15 PM
Hakeem? :roll:

Hakeem wishes he had the upside Embiid has. Too bad he will never play more than 3 seasons at 8.6% of what he could have been.

Westbrook0
08-15-2015, 03:15 PM
I remember someone saying he was the next Hakeem the Dream/Patrick Ewing... dude's talented but not that talented.

:roll: Easy to sit there and make this claim when he's missed his second season in a row due to injury.

Dude had all the potential in the world, so it's pretty ridiculous for you to say "I always knew he was gonna be a bust. These injuries are now proving me right."

NBAplayoffs2001
08-15-2015, 03:16 PM
:roll: Easy to sit there and make this claim when he's missed his second season in a row due to injury.

Dude had all the potential in the world, so it's pretty ridiculous for you to say "I always knew he was gonna be a bust. These injuries are now proving me right."

Said he wasn't as talented as Ewing/Hakeem. Those two were absolute studs coming out of their draft classes and in hindsight would be drafted over MJ almost 10 out of 10 times. Healthy Embiid was gonna be good but NOT that good.

Lensanity
08-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Luckily for Philly the Lakers drafted Dangebust

The_Yearning
08-15-2015, 03:44 PM
He's the biggest bust in NBA history as it stands currently.

uber
08-15-2015, 04:15 PM

i think you actually need to play a minute to be considered a bust

Cocaine80s
08-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Said he wasn't as talented as Ewing/Hakeem. Those two were absolute studs coming out of their draft classes and in hindsight would be drafted over MJ almost 10 out of 10 times. Healthy Embiid was gonna be good but NOT that good.
:biggums:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Luckily for Philly the Lakers drafted Dangebust

fcuk u as$hole b!tch. when was the last time u posted without emotion? u fcuking 24/7 pmsing b!tch

Westbrook0
08-15-2015, 06:24 PM

Do you know what hindsight means?

AI09
08-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Dudes only 21 I don't see why he can't come baq and have a Allstar caliber career

bluechox2
08-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Dudes only 21 I don't see why he can't come baq and have a Allstar caliber career

he hasnt sniffed the nba and you throwing around allstar..:lol

Tking714
08-15-2015, 11:16 PM

I think you mean something else

NBAplayoffs2001
08-16-2015, 12:51 AM
I think you mean something else

ahah yeah, wrote that quickly meant (before the draft)

Smoke117
08-16-2015, 01:00 AM
fcuk u as$hole b!tch. when was the last time u posted without emotion? u fcuking 24/7 pmsing b!tch

This kobe stan catching feels...LOL.

Smoke117
08-16-2015, 01:02 AM
I would say he's the next Greg Oden...but gregor was way better in college and had actual legit NBA ability. This guy was never going to do shit anyway.

bobopenguin
08-16-2015, 03:22 AM
bigger question, will he actually plays more game than oden in nba?

Lebron23
08-16-2015, 03:44 AM
This guy is a huge disappointment than Oden. At Least Oden played some games in the NBA, and he showed some glimpse of potential in his Rookie Season.

buddha
08-16-2015, 04:08 AM
This guy is a huge disappointment than Oden. At Least Oden played some games in the NBA, and he showed some glimpse of potential in his Rookie Season.

except Embiid's injuries will heal.

AI09
08-16-2015, 04:40 AM
he hasnt sniffed the nba and you throwing around allstar..:lol

He's the third overall pick in the draft potentially 1st if healthy ive seen his potential he's only 21 and can bounce back from the injury. Yao had the same injury it cut his career short but still put up all star numbers. There have been plenty of rookies who haven't played a minute yet and still labeled a future all star. Big Z had plenty of injury problems and he was able to come back and play at a all star pace. Hes only 21 give him a chance to get healthy and play before you say he's done. Embiid has all the potential in the world to be one of the top centers in the nba.

Lebron23
08-16-2015, 04:49 AM

I hope so. Smart move by the Sixers drafting Jahlil Okafor. At least they are going to compete next season instead of making a mockery of the NBA Draft Lottery.

bobopenguin
08-16-2015, 05:48 AM

isnt this is the same ingury that caused yao to retire?

GOBB
08-16-2015, 12:46 PM
isnt this is the same ingury that caused yao to retire?

Same injury Big Z had and look how long he played. There is still hope for Embiid.

AnaheimLakers24
08-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Glad he will never play. Loser jokester. Bet he aint joking now.

RedBlackAttack
08-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Same injury Big Z had and look how long he played. There is still hope for Embiid.
I'm worried for my man JoJo. Yes, it's true that Big Z had a somewhat miraculous career given his severe foot injuries, but it required him having to completely makeover his game. People think of Big Z as a stationary bigman who could really shoot and was large enough to be a deterrent around the rim.

That was not the Big Z who entered the league. Prior to his foot problems, he looked like a potential star bigman. He moved extremely well and was athletic for his size. Post-injury Z was a statue.

I'm not completely giving up hope for Embiid, but the opportunity to ever become as good as I thought he could be may now be gone... and he may have to adapt his game to compensate for these foot issues the way Big Z did to ever have that kind of impact. :(

NBAplayoffs2001
08-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Big Z was one of the only bigs I really came to respect since he had an injury bug for like the longest time and was still a productive player for a good part of a decade.

AI09
08-16-2015, 05:53 PM
He was going through drills with that re broken bone in his foot and he didn't even know it was broken didn't even feel the pain. During those drills he got the best of Noel a bunch of times nerlens is already one of the better paint defenders in the nba. Embiid told Noel after the workout this is my team now

FireDavidKahn
08-16-2015, 06:12 PM
There is hope, but it is greatly diminished. missing two consecutive years from the same, not 100% if it was the same, injury is almost a death sentence for anyone.

Jameerthefear
08-16-2015, 06:13 PM
He was going through drills with that re broken bone in his foot and he didn't even know it was broken didn't even feel the pain. During those drills he got the best of Noel a bunch of times nerlens is already one of the better paint defenders in the nba. Embiid told Noel after the workout this is my team now
noel is a good overall paint defender, but has a lot of work to do on 1 on 1

Jameerthefear
08-16-2015, 06:17 PM
There is hope, but it is greatly diminished. missing two consecutive years from the same, not 100% if it was the same, injury is almost a death sentence for anyone.
the issue for me is that he's literally never completed a full season of basketball injury-free. not in college, not in highschool. now, where there's 82 games and the amount of stress is incredible... i just don't think he'll hold up. he has back troubles and foot troubles.

midatlantic09
08-16-2015, 06:25 PM
the issue for me is that he's literally never completed a full season of basketball injury-free. not in college, not in highschool. now, where there's 82 games and the amount of stress is incredible... i just don't think he'll hold up. he has back troubles and foot troubles.

That's where having a near perfect diet comes in. My guess is that he's never been on a strict diet designed for someone his size who will be playing 82 games a yr. I honestly think a lot of his injuries are due to the Cameroon diet and food quality.

Shade8780
08-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Kwame and Oden are still bigger busts. If Embiid is picked #1, then yeah, I'd probably agree with you.

GOBB
08-16-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm worried for my man JoJo. Yes, it's true that Big Z had a somewhat miraculous career given his severe foot injuries, but it required him having to completely makeover his game. People think of Big Z as a stationary bigman who could really shoot and was large enough to be a deterrent around the rim.

That was not the Big Z who entered the league. Prior to his foot problems, he looked like a potential star bigman. He moved extremely well and was athletic for his size. Post-injury Z was a statue.

I'm not completely giving up hope for Embiid, but the opportunity to ever become as good as I thought he could be may now be gone... and he may have to adapt his game to compensate for these foot issues the way Big Z did to ever have that kind of impact. :(

Yeah him being one of the best big men in the game may be gone. Just hoping he can at least be productive as Big Z was where you get something from him instead of nothing. My high hopes are gone, I just want to see if he can be a solid starting caliber big man. My hope is that this isn't a death sentence for him. All a Sixers fan can hope for at this point.

eliteballer
08-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Okafor is a nice insurance policy to have.

jayfan
08-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Hakeem? :roll:

Hakeem wishes he had the upside Embiid has. Too bad he will never play more than 3 seasons at 8.6% of what he could have been.

Wait, what?

NBAplayoffs2001
08-16-2015, 08:34 PM
noel is a good overall paint defender, but has a lot of work to do on 1 on 1

Either way that's pretty impressive. Nerlen Noels stuffed James Harden and seems athletic enough to hold above average bigs in a 1 on 1 pickup.

CarlosBoozer
08-16-2015, 09:26 PM
If there's a will, there's always a chance. #believeinembiid