PDA

View Full Version : Valanciunas to accept long term deal with Toronto.

Sakkreth
08-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Inside stuff. He's about to fly to Toronto to sign it. No details on the contract yet, only known fact it's long term.

Edit: Rumors are 4yrs 60-70m.

zeerghit
08-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Inside stuff. He's about to fly to Toronto to sign it. No details on the contract yet, only known fact it's long term.

Edit: Rumors are 4yrs 60-70m.
Lithuanian NT coach comments now is inside info?

Sakkreth
08-17-2015, 04:07 PM
NT staff comments to me during the half time is.

zeerghit
08-17-2015, 04:11 PM
NT staff comments to me during the half time is.
so who u are reporter?

Sakkreth
08-17-2015, 04:18 PM
so who u are reporter?

I work at arena. Anyhow, I think it's dumb move by JV.

zeerghit
08-17-2015, 04:22 PM
I work at arena. Anyhow, I think it's dumb move by JV.
what money he will get smth like 5/80?

Sakkreth
08-17-2015, 04:26 PM
what money he will get smth like 5/80?

From what I've heard it's 4 years deal 60-70m.

CeltsGarlic
08-17-2015, 04:28 PM
do not like it for JV also, except something drastic changed in Casey's head

zeerghit
08-17-2015, 04:35 PM
From what I've heard it's 4 years deal 60-70m.
hes not worth it..

Sakkreth
08-17-2015, 04:38 PM
hes not worth it..

Maybe, but next summer he would get more.

zeerghit
08-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Maybe, but next summer he would get more.
well hes taking safe option cant blame him

bdreason
08-17-2015, 04:47 PM
One of the most misused, underutilized players in the league.

Velocirap31
08-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Awesome. They can give him the max for all I care. He's a future star and the centerpiece of the franchise.

Velocirap31
08-17-2015, 04:53 PM

Sounds like you have watched several Raptor games. This is absolutely true. He'll be dominating with 15 and 10 at halftime and Casey won't play him the rest of the game.

IGOTGAME
08-17-2015, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you have watched several Raptor games. This is absolutely true. He'll be dominating with 15 and 10 at halftime and Casey won't play him the rest of the game.
Should have come to LA...would be an all star caliber type

Kungfro
08-17-2015, 05:25 PM
hes not worth it..
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/8191/AmG6EO.gif

red1
08-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Great. Bring the young man back :applause:

Legends66NBA7
08-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Should have come to LA...would be an all star caliber type

Who's he going to make all-star over ? How does he fit with Randle ?

IGOTGAME
08-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Who's he going to make all-star over ? How does he fit with Randle ?
Lakers are too bad to worry about fitting around an undersized power forward...I could see Jonas averaging 20/10 and getting a couple all star bids due to injuries and aging.

They have done a horrible job developing him

Just2McFly
08-17-2015, 06:15 PM

this

Rockets(T-mac)
08-17-2015, 06:25 PM
One of the most misused, underutilized players in the league.This. Casey is a ****ing dumbass.

kwajo
08-17-2015, 10:17 PM

Yup.

At least he only just turned 23, so lots of time left to get a good career under his belt.

Legends66NBA7
08-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Lakers are too bad to worry about fitting around an undersized power forward...I could see Jonas averaging 20/10 and getting a couple all star bids due to injuries and aging.

Getting 20/10 on a losing team doesn't mean anything. It would just be "empty stats" on here and it means nothing of value as far JV's impact on winning.

I think people here need to stop thinking JV is going to become some superstar if he gets a different coach or is in a different situation.

Maga_1
08-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Hey Sakkreth, Dzunan Musa just called and he's asking if you guys are still chanting against him :oldlol: :oldlol:

Just kidding bro.

Sakkreth
08-19-2015, 05:57 AM
Hey Sakkreth, Dzunan Musa just called and he's asking if you guys are still chanting against him :oldlol: :oldlol:

Just kidding bro.

That kid is quite good.

Maga_1
08-19-2015, 08:11 AM
That kid is quite good.

He's a star already, i don't even care about his age... I don't think i've seen a kid dominating so much since Ricky in 2006

Rooster
08-19-2015, 02:04 PM
He's a star already, i don't even care about his age... I don't think i've seen a kid dominating so much since Ricky in 2006

He looks soft:confusedshrug:

He will get a reality check once he comes over here:oldlol:

HurricaneKid
08-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Can't believe he took this. Lowe, et al all said he was going to get a max offer at the end of the season. That would have been for 25% of 108M to start (27M/). Just too many teams 10s of millions shy of the salary floor to not give a prospect like Val a shot. I even think Tor would have matched.

Legends66NBA7
08-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Can't believe he took this. Lowe, et al all said he was going to get a max offer at the end of the season. That would have been for 25% of 108M to start (27M/). Just too many teams 10s of millions shy of the salary floor to not give a prospect like Val a shot. I even think Tor would have matched.

He didn't want to risk an injury and lose a chance at getting the money now.

SwishSquared
08-19-2015, 08:02 PM
He didn't want to risk an injury and lose a chance at getting the money now.This new deal won't start anyway until next season, after the cap jumps. He could have negotiated a bigger extension (including a max).

I'm surprised he "settled" for this amount when he could have easily gotten $20M+ per year. Maybe Masai drew a line in the sand?

Kungfro
08-19-2015, 08:31 PM
I just got a Val jersey not long ago, so it's nice to see the Raps are committed to keeping one of my favorite players around long term.

This new deal won't start anyway until next season, after the cap jumps. He could have negotiated a bigger extension (including a max).

I'm surprised he "settled" for this amount when he could have easily gotten $20M+ per year. Maybe Masai drew a line in the sand?
He could also sustain a serious injury next season and suddenly those offers aren't there. It's a gamble at the end of the day, and while I agree he is likely leaving quite a bit of money on the table, some players prefer having a sure thing.

While I do think Val deserves to get more playing time, I think keeping him accountable for his mistakes is important. Especially after witnessing the team give Bargnani free reign and seeing how that turned out.

SwishSquared
08-19-2015, 08:53 PM
He could also sustain a serious injury next season and suddenly those offers aren't there. It's a gamble at the end of the day, and while I agree he is likely leaving quite a bit of money on the table, some players prefer having a sure thing.This new contract starts for the 2016-2017, not the upcoming year. He could have negotiated a larger extension, or at least I think he had the leverage to do so.

He could have waited until next summer to be a RFA if he wanted to risk it, which I'm not necessarily advocating. I'm just surprised he got less than Kanter, basically.

RidonKs
08-19-2015, 08:56 PM
i gotta pay more attention to him this season

a lot of people have said it's due to poor coaching that he was ineffectively used. definitely pulling him late in games intermittently throughout the year was a mistake.

he still has a lot of work defensively, to get better at positioning and pick up his foot speed.

Legends66NBA7
08-19-2015, 09:03 PM
i gotta pay more attention to him this season

a lot of people have said it's due to poor coaching that he was ineffectively used. definitely pulling him late in games intermittently throughout the year was a mistake.

he still has a lot of work defensively, to get better at positioning and pick up his foot speed.

Nah man, that isn't true. Raptors just played better when they went small. JV just isnt consistent yet on both ends. He has to become a faster player, better passer, and better pick and roll defender.

So far, it's on both sides. Coaches have to realize JV has become good enough to play him late if he has made significant improvements. If JV hasn't and he continues to have the same problems, you have to seriously question his work ethics off the court, which took quiet the hit during April 2014.

What I've seen so far online is people picking a side for JV and blaming everyone around him for his problems.

Jameerthefear
08-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Man I'm so glad we locked up Vucevic for 11m/yr

RidonKs
08-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Man I'm so glad we locked up Vucevic for 11m/yr
that's gonna be a friggin dream deal in a few years

payton
dipo
harris
gordon
vucevic

in 2017 that starting five caps at $40m... that leaves another $40m or so right?

Jameerthefear
08-19-2015, 09:43 PM
that's gonna be a friggin dream deal in a few years

payton
dipo
harris
gordon
vucevic

in 2017 that starting five caps at $40m... that leaves another $40m or so right?
somethin like that. i think we'll have to resign dipo, and the cap is around 100m in '17, correct?

RidonKs
08-19-2015, 09:51 PM
somethin like that. i think we'll have to resign dipo, and the cap is around 100m in '17, correct?
yeah ur right it hikes to 80 or so next season, then another 20 or so the season after. and yea dipo will have to be resigned come summer 17. still a positive outlook.. though y'all will wind up getting fked year after year after year by the bucks and sixers and bulls and pistons unfortunately. but hey, keep hopin

Jameerthefear
08-19-2015, 09:58 PM
yeah ur right it hikes to 80 or so next season, then another 20 or so the season after. and yea dipo will have to be resigned come summer 17. still a positive outlook.. though y'all will wind up getting fked year after year after year by the bucks and sixers and bulls and pistons unfortunately. but hey, keep hopin
id take the magic over all those teams short of the bucks lol

bdreason
08-20-2015, 02:33 AM
Nah man, that isn't true. Raptors just played better when they went small. JV just isnt consistent yet on both ends. He has to become a faster player, better passer, and better pick and roll defender.

What I've seen so far online is people picking a side for JV and blaming everyone around him for his problems.

Nobody on that front line could get consistent minutes. It felt like every big on that team was in the doghouse. JV, Amir, Johnson, Patterson... none of these guys were used effectively.

If the Raptors coach wants to play small-ball, more power to him... but why is the GM signing slow-footed Bigs then? Didn't they just sign Luis Scola?

Sakkreth
08-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Looks like it's 4years 64m. Reported by woj.

ekosky
08-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Ol' whitey is getting PAID.

Legends66NBA7
08-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Nobody on that front line could get consistent minutes. It felt like every big on that team was in the doghouse. JV, Amir, Johnson, Patterson... none of these guys were used effectively.

If the Raptors coach wants to play small-ball, more power to him... but why is the GM signing slow-footed Bigs then? Didn't they just sign Luis Scola?

JJ, I agree, was not used more often when he had a ppositive impact on both ends. Amir and Patterson did get used effectively when both were healthy. They were often closing out games together.

Raptors got more wings (Carroll, Joseph, Delon Wright, and Norman Powell) than bigs (Bismack and Scola; Scola was signed to fill a need at a vet minimum). Carroll will play a bit more at PF this season and I don't know if Bismack will play a lot unless he really impacts the game defensively.

Kungfro
08-21-2015, 12:36 AM
JV answered a few questions to the media the other day in regards to the contract.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp0kCaaO0k8