PDA

View Full Version : dan majerle or klay thompson?

RidonKs
08-20-2015, 03:20 PM
curious what people think about this one... but i might also use this thread to throw out random comparisons of past v present

i was watching all star footage and hadn't realized majerle got voted in to start even tho he was coming off the bench for phoenix. i vaguely remember him being a jack of all trades guy, whereas klay is more one dimensional. then again dan never scored like klay does.

thoughts?

also...

rik smits v andre drummond
mookie blaylock v victor oladipo
detlef shrempf v nicola mirotic

Akrazotile
08-20-2015, 03:25 PM
OP do you have access to adderall and can you mail me some?

RidonKs
08-20-2015, 03:26 PM
:biggums:

GIF REACTION
08-20-2015, 03:26 PM
OP do you have access to adderall and can you mail me some?
:roll:

He's on fire!

Akrazotile
08-20-2015, 03:40 PM
:roll:

He's on fire!

I aint got no worries :pimp:

Akrazotile
08-20-2015, 03:41 PM
But actually I was serious about my first post

kshutts1
08-21-2015, 01:35 AM
curious what people think about this one... but i might also use this thread to throw out random comparisons of past v present

i was watching all star footage and hadn't realized majerle got voted in to start even tho he was coming off the bench for phoenix. i vaguely remember him being a jack of all trades guy, whereas klay is more one dimensional. then again dan never scored like klay does.

thoughts?

also...

rik smits v andre drummond
mookie blaylock v victor oladipo
detlef shrempf v nicola mirotic
Majerle as an overall player. Much better defender. Was on All D team 1 or 2, iirc, while still being a good, or even great, shooter.

As for the bolded... bad comparison, but Smits.

Also difficult comparisons because, in every single one of them, you're using a guy that has yet to hit his prime and comparing him against someone that is retired. In every case, the older player is better, and it's not super close.

TripleA
08-21-2015, 01:48 AM
Klay Thompson baby. 37 in a quarter:rockon:

kennethgriffin
08-21-2015, 01:50 AM
klays better. hes the warriors 1st option when they need a guy to create a shot on his own

steph curry can only score within the offense or chuck threes

klay can get a good shot anywhere on his own in the mid range

majerle is a spot up shooter. cant create like klay

bizil
08-21-2015, 01:51 AM
Give me Klay on this one! Better scorer and an elite defender as well. Thunder Dan was a great defender himself and a better passer than Klay. But I think Klay's scoring ability makes the difference here. Klay averages over 20 points a night AND provides elite defense.

But Thunder Dan played with such a deep talent pool in Phoenix that I think many people may underrated him. He didn't have ANY WEAKNESSES in his game. At his peak, he could play and defend three positions. If he had to be a 2nd option, I think he could have POSSIBLY been a 20-5-5 kind of player.

Im not saying he could have been alpha dog kind of guy. But I could have seen Thunder Dan averaging 19-21 points a night. On Phoenix, he was often times a 3rd or even 4th option in his peak years.

Reggie43
08-21-2015, 02:45 AM
Rik Smits - Kevin Mchale like post moves with a deadly midrange J. Too bad foot problems took out his mobility most of his career.

Dragonyeuw
08-21-2015, 07:04 AM
I always remember Majerle for those deep 3s he used to take.

Anways, gonna go with Klay. I think, relative to era, they're on the same tier defensively but Klay is a more dangerous scorer who can heat up in a hurry. Majerle was pretty consistent in what he did every night, but Klay is more explosive offensively.

RidonKs
08-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Also difficult comparisons because, in every single one of them, you're using a guy that has yet to hit his prime and comparing him against someone that is retired. In every case, the older player is better, and it's not super close.

this was actually the point of the thread

career v projection

the likely choice is for fans to select the finished product over the one still in progress...

i probably sold dipo short next o mookie, he looked incredible in the us scrimmage game. not too similar of a game either. how about hershey hawkins?

Patrick Chewing
08-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Thunder Dan no question. That guy could hit from anywhere.

And Schrempf was one of the best PF's in the game. Comparing him to a scrub?? Please.

ClipperRevival
08-21-2015, 10:51 AM
klays better. hes the warriors 1st option when they need a guy to create a shot on his own

steph curry can only score within the offense or chuck threes

klay can get a good shot anywhere on his own in the mid range

majerle is a spot up shooter. cant create like klay

:biggums: Do you even watch basketball?

RidonKs
08-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Give me Klay on this one! Better scorer and an elite defender as well. Thunder Dan was a great defender himself and a better passer than Klay. But I think Klay's scoring ability makes the difference here. Klay averages over 20 points a night AND provides elite defense.

But Thunder Dan played with such a deep talent pool in Phoenix that I think many people may underrated him. He didn't have ANY WEAKNESSES in his game. At his peak, he could play and defend three positions. If he had to be a 2nd option, I think he could have POSSIBLY been a 20-5-5 kind of player.

Im not saying he could have been alpha dog kind of guy. But I could have seen Thunder Dan averaging 19-21 points a night. On Phoenix, he was often times a 3rd or even 4th option in his peak years.
hm i wish i could have watched him more. i think 90% of the footage i've seen are highlights of mj wrecking him :lol