PDA

View Full Version : Kobe most overpaid All Star of 2015...

JT123
08-21-2015, 07:40 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2015/01/21/the-nbas-most-overpaid-all-stars/
According to Forbes. Interesting...

GIF REACTION
08-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Well as regards to value of production... Yeah sure.

What he is getting paid now is more of a gesture of respect for the player he was and the feats he accomplished. It is refreshing to see respect from the Lakers.

kennethgriffin
08-21-2015, 07:50 PM
the lakers make hundreds of millions every year just off kobe's brand power

hes underpaid

lakers probably sell 100,000 more jerseys a year because of him

they probably sell 100,000 more tickets every year because of him

they probably get 500,000 more tv viewers a year because of him

their franchise value probably goes up half a billion dollars cause of him

realistically kobe should be getting paid 100,000,000$ a year

TheMarkMadsen
08-21-2015, 07:51 PM
do you make a Kobe thread every day or what :oldlol: :oldlol:

JT123
08-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Well as regards to value of production... Yeah sure.

What he is getting paid now is more of a gesture of respect for the player he was and the feats he accomplished. It is refreshing to see respect from the Lakers.
I guess, but does paying someone for past accomplishments make any logical sense? :confusedshrug:
Kobe has chased away countless big name free agents and is ruining any chance of the Lakers returning to the elite class of the NBA. I just feel so sorry for the real Laker fans. They are being force fed a garbage product on the court just to satisfy some washed up scrub.

kennethgriffin
08-21-2015, 07:55 PM
I guess, but does paying someone for past accomplishments make any logical sense? :confusedshrug:
Kobe has chased away countless big name free agents and is ruining any chance of the Lakers returning to the elite class of the NBA. I just feel so sorry for the real Laker fans. They are being force fed a garbage product on the court just to satisfy some washed up scrub.

the lakers are paying kobe because he figuratively drives dumptrucks full of cash up to jeanie and jims houses every day he's under contract with the team

http://sprudge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dump-truck.gif

JT123
08-21-2015, 08:06 PM
the lakers are paying kobe because he figuratively drives dumptrucks full of cash up to jeanie and jims houses every day he's under contract with the team

http://sprudge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dump-truck.gif
Why should any Laker fans care about how much money Kobe is making for the Buss family? :wtf:
I know you are a Kobe only fan, but real basketball fans who actually want to see the Lakers be competitive are being forced to suffer just because some has been doesn't want to sacrifice his stats. Even Mitch seems to realize the Lakers made a BIG mistake by putting Kobe's needs ahead of the franchise's, and has already made comments about how Kobe won't be welcomed back if he wants to play beyond next season.

Akrazotile
08-21-2015, 08:15 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2015/01/21/the-nbas-most-overpaid-all-stars/

They should do a report on how water is wet :yaohappy:

kennethgriffin
08-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Why should any Laker fans care about how much money Kobe is making for the Buss family? :wtf:
I know you are a Kobe only fan, but real basketball fans who actually want to see the Lakers be competitive are being forced to suffer just because some has been doesn't want to sacrifice his stats. Even Mitch seems to realize the Lakers made a BIG mistake by putting Kobe's needs ahead of the franchise's, and has already made comments about how Kobe won't be welcomed back if he wants to play beyond next season.

well thats the entire issue... what the lakers are paying kobe

isnt that the topic of the thread and the article

kobes making too much?

i thought that was the whole shebang

i thought that was the whole kit and kaboodle

correct me if i'm wrong

kennethgriffin
08-21-2015, 08:24 PM
people think kobes max deal is keeping the team from being competitive

yet the cavs have 4 max deals on the table

kobe with 3 other max contract level players would make the finals too

the problem is the lakers dont wanna go over the cap... and thats whats necessary to win titles more often than not

JT123
08-21-2015, 08:32 PM

the problem is the lakers dont wanna go over the cap... and thats whats necessary to win titles more often than not
:roll: Last time he had 3 max level teammates he needed insane amounts of ref help just to make the playoffs! And if Tristin Thompson is a max player than so is Jordan Hill, who was also on Kobe's 12-13 team :oldlol:
Also, the article says that Kobe is the most overpaid player according to production/wins contributed. THAT is what the thread topic is

Akrazotile
08-21-2015, 08:32 PM

Except nobody wants to play with him

kennethgriffin
08-21-2015, 08:42 PM
:roll: Last time he had 3 max level teammates he needed insane amounts of ref help just to make the playoffs! And if Tristin Thompson is a max player than so is Jordan Hill, who was also on Kobe's 12-13 team :oldlol:
Also, the article says that Kobe is the most overpaid player according to production/wins contributed. THAT is what the thread topic is

i dont really understand your reference

a) kobe won back to back titles with no other max player... pau was making 15 mill

but he was prime at the time. so obviously thats different...

b) the year youre referencing kobe was 1st team all nba and took an injury plagued team to the playoffs ( 2nd best record in the league after the allstar break ) and finished top 5 in mvp voting during his 17th season. that if anything was a successful season ( prior to the achilles injury )

but again.. it was a different time. so why bother referencing it ?

c) kobe/howard/nash/gasol/artest all healthy ( with a good coach ) easly wins the nba championship

right now ... 3 max players on a team could make the finals. kobe being there has no baring on the subject

just as the cavs with just kyrie/love/thompson would have a great chance

its called stacking the deck/rigging finals... lebron knows all about it with wade and bosh ... now hes doing it again

i'm just saying its possible for someone else to do the same thing

:confusedshrug:

AnaheimLakers24
08-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Hed be even more over paid he he happened to be 2/6. Good thing he doesnt have that collosal failure of a loser dipshit record. Hed be a laughing stock. I wouldnt wish that finals record on the worst nba player. Must be haunting

JT123
08-21-2015, 09:08 PM
i dont really understand your reference

a) kobe won back to back titles with no other max player... pau was making 15 mill

but he was prime at the time. so obviously thats different...

b) the year youre referencing kobe was 1st team all nba and took an injury plagued team to the playoffs ( 2nd best record in the league after the allstar break ) and finished top 5 in mvp voting during his 17th season. that if anything was a successful season ( prior to the achilles injury )

but again.. it was a different time. so why bother referencing it ?

c) kobe/howard/nash/gasol/artest all healthy ( with a good coach ) easly wins the nba championship

right now ... 3 max players on a team could make the finals. kobe being there has no baring on the subject

just as the cavs with just kyrie/love/thompson would have a great chance

its called stacking the deck/rigging finals... lebron knows all about it with wade and bosh ... now hes doing it again

i'm just saying its possible for someone else to do the same thing

:confusedshrug:
What reference don't you get, my Jordan Hill comparison? I was referring to the fact that you are calling a guy who averaged 8/8 last season a "max player" If that is the case shouldn't we be calling Jordan Hill a max player for his production during the 2012-13 season? Hill averaged 7 points and 6 boards a game, while playing only 16 mpg. Thompson needed 27 mpg to average 8 points and 8 boards last season. :confusedshrug:
According to your own definition of a max player, Kobe had 4 max player teammates during his last healthy season, and still BARELY made the playoffs. WOW:eek:

KembaWalker
08-22-2015, 02:32 AM
Posted on January 22nd 2015

OP literally browses the internet all day looking for negative Kobe articles :roll:

warriorfan
08-22-2015, 02:59 AM
so op, basically Kobe is the biggest pimp in the game and is constantly rent free in your head

got it

20Four
08-22-2015, 03:54 AM
Damn....kobe living rent free....got you staying up all night looking for kobe news LOL hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

WayOfWade
08-22-2015, 04:03 AM
the lakers make hundreds of millions every year just off kobe's brand power

hes underpaid

lakers probably sell 100,000 more jerseys a year because of him

they probably sell 100,000 more tickets every year because of him

they probably get 500,000 more tv viewers a year because of him

their franchise value probably goes up half a billion dollars cause of him

realistically kobe should be getting paid 100,000,000$ a year
I was really surprised to find myself agreeing as I read this

ImKobe
08-22-2015, 04:06 AM
so what?

he's done more than enough for the franchise to get that kind of money...not to mention the fact the front office has done jack shit to put talent around him ever since Phil retired and Dr.Buss became ill.

20Four
08-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Kobe got OP staying up all night just to find news on him........KOBE LIVING RENT FREE!!!!! LOL fvcking dumbass registered burger flippin bitch

ralph_i_el
08-22-2015, 01:01 PM

:facepalm

and a max deal for someone's first max is different than $25m a year for a person who has a negative impact. Kobe's not making the finals again without 3 all stars on his squad (and him on the bench)

Joyner82reload
08-22-2015, 04:10 PM
I like how Nick Young is #3 on that list...