PDA

View Full Version : Was Smush Parker really that bad?

JT123
08-21-2015, 09:53 PM
I constantly see Kobe fans on here talking about Smush as if he was the worst starting pg in NBA history, (then again most Kobe stans throw his teammates under the bus) but let's compare Smush's production in 05-06 to a starting pg from a recent championship team.

Smush - 12 ppg on 45% with 4 apg
pg from recent champ team - 9 ppg on 43% with 3 apg

Is there something the stats aren't telling me? From what I can see Smush gave the Lakers more than enough to be a competitive team, especially if a point guard who put up inferior production to Smush was good enough to start for an NBA champion. :confusedshrug:

AirTupac
08-21-2015, 10:03 PM
You were definitely too young to know anything about those Lakers. Smush was a bum just like your family.

Showtime2001
08-21-2015, 10:03 PM
You were definitely too young to know anything about those Lakers. Smush was a bum just like your family.
:applause: :applause:

Legends66NBA7
08-21-2015, 10:05 PM
It's commonly accepted amongst all of the basketball community that Smush sucked.

305Baller
He had some good dunks, decent athlete. But was a subpar pro bball player with a low IQ and bad defense. He then punched a valet and got kicked out of the league.

SAKOTXA
this

JT123
08-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Yet that "bum" put up better production than a Championship team got from it's starting pg just a few years ago. :wtf:
Do any Laker fans have any intelligent analysis to add, other than saying Smush is a bum because Kobe couldn't win with him? :rolleyes:

Showtime2001
08-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Yet that "bum" put up better production than a Championship team got from it's starting pg just a few years ago. :wtf:
Do any Laker fans have any intelligent analysis to add, other than saying Smush is a bum because Kobe couldn't win with him? :rolleyes:
If he's so good like you claim he is then why did he become irrelevant when the Lakers got rid of him?

iamgine
08-21-2015, 10:10 PM
I think he's around Nate Robinson level.

JT123
08-21-2015, 10:10 PM
It's commonly accepted amongst all of the basketball community that Smush sucked.
But so far not one Laker fan can explain to me WHY he sucked. :facepalm I just offered irrefutable proof that teams have won Championships with WORSE starting pg's.
I'll just go ahead and put it out there, the other point guard is Mario Chalmers during the 2012-13 season.

CarlosBoozer
08-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Smush just sucks. Put him with any championship team and he'll still suck.

JT123
08-21-2015, 10:13 PM
If he's so good like you claim he is then why did he become irrelevant when the Lakers got rid of him?
Probably because Kobe ruined his rep and got him blacklisted. Smush demanded that Kobe actually treat him like a human being, and Kobe didn't like that. What happened to Smush is why so few of Kobe's teammates are willing to stand up for themselves, cause they know that Kobe will ruin their careers if they don't bow down to him.

tpols
08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
fun fact: smush now plays in the Mongolian national basketball league.. aka the MNBA (not a joke)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-21-2015, 10:14 PM
The fact guy was outta the league a year after playing with LA should tell you all you need to know. :oldlol:

Showtime2001
08-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Probably because Kobe ruined his rep and got him blacklisted. Smush demanded that Kobe actually treat him like a human being, and Kobe didn't like that. What happened to Smush is why so few of Kobe's teammates are willing to stand up for themselves, cause they know that Kobe will ruin their careers if they don't bow down to him.
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y392/DoctorLime/Gifs/Hairflip/jlaw-okay_zpse31239da.gif

Lebronxrings
08-21-2015, 10:28 PM
He was pretty good despite the hate on him. I mean being a spot up guy and not having the ball in his hands killed his game. BTW who's the pg from a championship team hr talking about?

JT123
08-21-2015, 10:33 PM
He was pretty good despite the hate on him. I mean being a spot up guy and not having the ball in his hands killed his game. BTW who's the pg from a championship team hr talking about?
That would be Mario Chalmers. Pretty incredible how someone was able to carry a pg that was literally worse than Smush Parker to back to back rings. :eek: I would even say it's a GOAT like accomplishment...

SouBeachTalents
08-21-2015, 10:42 PM
That would be Mario Chalmers. Pretty incredible how someone was able to carry a pg that was literally worse than Smush Parker to back to back rings. :eek: I would even say it's a GOAT like accomplishment...

2012 Chalmers: 10/3/4 45%
2009 Fisher: 10/2/3 42%

2013 Chalmers: 9/2/4 43%
2010 Fisher: 8/2/3 38%

JT123
08-21-2015, 10:48 PM
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y392/DoctorLime/Gifs/Hairflip/jlaw-okay_zpse31239da.gif
So how do you explain what happened with Dwight Howard? :rolleyes:
Before playing with Kobe D12 was the consensus best big in the league, and universally loved by everyone. Then Kobe spends an entire season belittling Dwight to the media, calling him soft AFTER DWIGHT CAME BACK FROM SURGERY 3 MONTHS EARLY! :facepalm
One player having his career ruined after playing with Kobe can be brushed off as a coincidence, but when it happens with multiple players it's a pattern. Kobe ruins the reputations of players that don't bow down to him.

AnaheimLakers24
08-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Hes better than bron

sportjames23
08-21-2015, 11:03 PM

Damn, son. Why you do 'im like that? :oldlol:

20Four
08-21-2015, 11:16 PM
I constantly see Kobe fans on here talking about Smush as if he was the worst starting pg in NBA history, (then again most Kobe stans throw his teammates under the bus) but let's compare Smush's production in 05-06 to a starting pg from a recent championship team.

Is there something the stats aren't telling me? From what I can see Smush gave the Lakers more than enough to be a competitive team, especially if a point guard who put up inferior production to Smush was good enough to start for an NBA champion. :confusedshrug:
Rent free fvcking bitch....NOW GO SHINE MY FVCKING SHOES....IM TIRED OF YOUR STUPID SHIT

Smoke117
08-21-2015, 11:26 PM
No. Kobe is just a horrible leader.

gyu
08-21-2015, 11:27 PM
At least he played D

JT123
08-21-2015, 11:30 PM
Nearly 3 pages in and not a single Laker fan has even attempted to explain what made Smush so horrible. :oldlol:
Guess my work here is done. :rockon:

20Four
08-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Nearly 3 pages in and not a single Laker fan has even attempted to explain what made Smush so horrible. :oldlol:
Guess my work here is done. :rockon:
This is your work? Are you getting paid? LOL if not then damn, you live a sorry life if you make these message boards your life.....

Jameerthefear
08-21-2015, 11:33 PM
This is your work? Are you getting paid? LOL if not then damn, you live a sorry life if you make these message boards your life.....
Why haven't you got him his fries and burger yet? Get back to work bitch.

20Four
08-21-2015, 11:39 PM
Why haven't you got him his fries and burger yet? Get back to work bitch.
Why you quoting what your boss told you?

senelcoolidge
08-22-2015, 12:46 AM
People hate on Smush to protect Kobe. These guys didn't like each other. Smush was a productive player he just had a weak leader in Kobe.

TripleA
08-22-2015, 12:49 AM
He was not good at all but he was not hot garbage level.

JT123
08-22-2015, 01:47 AM
People hate on Smush to protect Kobe. These guys didn't like each other. Smush was a productive player he just had a weak leader in Kobe.
That's the feeling I get as well. I tried to get Laker fans to prove me wrong, yet not a single one of them can offer me an intelligent explanation as to what made him such a garbage player. :confusedshrug:
I just don't get how Smush is any worse than Chalmers, Cole, Delly, and numerous other mediocre point guards that Lebron has been stuck with throughout his career.

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 01:52 AM
yeah he was. i thought he had potential at the time, but the truth is he was never better than jeremy lin is now and jeremy lin is only getting better.

Collie
08-22-2015, 01:57 AM
He wasn't BAD bad. He was mediocre, but was serviceable for a few years. Typical bench player, could score when hot, etc. The kind of guy you'd use as a 4th or 5th guard.

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 02:00 AM
we can say point blank that a team could never win the championsip with smush parker starting at point guard. nor could it ever win a championship with kwame brown starting at center. with both bookending your lineup, kobe was ****ed from the start. good thing he shot 25 times a night.

monkeypox
08-22-2015, 02:18 AM
I remember Heat fans saying that Kobe was holding Smush back and that Dwayde was going to turn him into a star. Instead the Heat paid Smush just to stay away from the team. He had enough talent to be in the league, but he believed he was 10x better than he actually was. I'm sure to this day he thinks he would have been an all star if they just gave him a shot. Smush is just another in a long line of scrubs that the Lakers built up and got paid when they left.

JT123
08-22-2015, 02:37 AM
we can say point blank that a team could never win the championsip with smush parker starting at point guard. nor could it ever win a championship with kwame brown starting at center. with both bookending your lineup, kobe was ****ed from the start. good thing he shot 25 times a night.
I already proved this to be false. Let's compare Smush's production in 05-06 to a starting pg from a recent championship team.

Chalmers in 2012-13 - 9 ppg on 43% with 3 apg

The Miami Heat won a Championship just 2 years ago with a WORSE starting point guard than Smush Parker. Kobe stans will literally throw anyone under the bus to protect their boy. :facepalm

KembaWalker
08-22-2015, 02:49 AM
I already proved this to be false. Let's compare Smush's production in 05-06 to a starting pg from a recent championship team.

The Miami Heat won a Championship just 2 years ago with a WORSE starting point guard than Smush Parker. Kobe stans will literally throw anyone under the bus to protect their boy. :facepalm

Smush Parker 05-06 playoff stats....

8.9 PPG
.333 FG%
.154 3P%
1.6 APG
1.7 TPG

Mario Chalmers 2011-2012 playoff stats

11.3 PPG
.442 FG%
.359 3P%
3.9 APG
1.8 TPG

Mario Chalmers 2012-2013 playoff stats

9.4 PPG
.415 FG%
.313 3P%
3.1 APG
1.7 TPG

SouBeachTalents
08-22-2015, 03:04 AM

2012 Chalmers: 10/3/4 45%
2009 Fisher: 10/2/3 42%

2013 Chalmers: 9/2/4 43%
2010 Fisher: 8/2/3 38%

nzahir
08-22-2015, 03:16 AM
Nah you just got ethered, proof is right above you.

catch24
08-22-2015, 03:21 AM
Is this a serious question? You're really gonna act like you don't know Smush Parker was a scrub player?

Dude played one season with Miami and hasn't played a game since. This was back in 2008 mind you.

dajadeed
08-22-2015, 03:29 AM
He left the Lakers and went to play for Miami, who had either the worst or second worst record in the league that year. They paid him to stay away from the team for the rest of the year because he was an idiot on top of being a scrub.

It's why people say Kobe dragged Smush and Kwame to the playoffs... In the WEST.

He dragged a team giving significant minutes to Smush, Kwame, and Luke Walton.

That's a hell of a ****ing accomplishment.

20Four
08-22-2015, 03:46 AM

Honestly what do you get from all this? A hard on? Like seriously your shits getting annoying, you talk about kobe more than you talk about your own life. Dude you're 50 years old as a registered burger flipper, and you're proud of that shit? :no: :no:

AI09
08-22-2015, 03:49 AM

This shyt made me laugh
Just went back2back on his ass

WayOfWade
08-22-2015, 03:55 AM
I remember Heat fans saying that Kobe was holding Smush back and that Dwayde was going to turn him into a star. Instead the Heat paid Smush just to stay away from the team. He had enough talent to be in the league, but he believed he was 10x better than he actually was. I'm sure to this day he thinks he would have been an all star if they just gave him a shot. Smush is just another in a long line of scrubs that the Lakers built up and got paid when they left.
This to me seems like the most accurate and non-biased response, good job monkeypox!

Magic 32
08-22-2015, 07:33 AM
I especially think he was underrated in the last 4 games against the Suns.

http://s3.postimg.org/ruhndumoj/dfgdsfgsd.png

Off course being defended by the great Steve Nash is very tough.

Kobe_6/8
08-22-2015, 07:45 AM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/10/12/14/enhanced-buzz-21143-1350065718-11.jpg

Godbe has spoken. /thread

Clifton
08-22-2015, 12:14 PM
It's not that he was a terrible starting PG. His situation was more unique than that.

He was a player generally considered to be not NBA-quality at all, and an end-of-the-bench victory cigar sort of guy, who'd have a spot on a roster as long as he tried hard, but never had the skills or IQ to be a rotation player.

And then for some reason, the Lakers weren't able to get a point guard that year, and he ended up starting. He could have just as easily been in the D league that year.

Now there are dozens of guys in the D league who could score 10 points a game if you gave them 30 minutes a night. The problem would be all the mistakes they'd make, and all the extra stuff they wouldn't be giving you, that a real starter-quality guy can give.

It's not fair to blame Smush though. The Lakers had a roster hole and they couldn't fill it. That's on the organization. He did what he could.

But no, Smush Parker does not qualify as "help," and no, he wasn't as good as Chalmers, in particular on defense.

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 12:47 PM

nonsense

the post right above me more than demonstrates why this could be false. stats are empty.

i'm no fan of chalmers, those heat teams would have been better served empowering norris cole from the start imo, but he was better than parker who accidentally started for the lakers for two full seasons. mostly cuz chalmers can shoot the ball and a point guard who can shoot is good enough on a team like the big three heat.

but good on smush since he earned a tough gig. he was athletic and he could make the odd jump shot and mitch knew the rebuilding process was longterm so why not stick it out with somebody you don't have to pay very much. but one thing is certain. no one saw smush on either of those championship laker squads. that should be all the proof you need.

if smush was so impressive in those two years putting up double digit points next to a goat candidate on a first round playoff team... why wasn't he paid out? because he wasn't that impressive. so two years later, he's out of the league.

the real conspiracy theorist is the one who believes kobe ruined his career with macho headgames and feisty realtalk or whatever the fk. not saying you believe that, but both sides play in. parker's legacy has been pretty favourable, relatively speaking, since retirely largely due to the kobe bashing crowd. smush stunk but i don't really give a ****, smush is rich so he doesn't give a ****, kobe definitely doesn't give a ****, kupchak and phil might care but they know smush stunk, etc etc etc

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 12:48 PM
It's not that he was a terrible starting PG. His situation was more unique than that.

He was a player generally considered to be not NBA-quality at all, and an end-of-the-bench victory cigar sort of guy, who'd have a spot on a roster as long as he tried hard, but never had the skills or IQ to be a rotation player.

And then for some reason, the Lakers weren't able to get a point guard that year, and he ended up starting. He could have just as easily been in the D league that year.

Now there are dozens of guys in the D league who could score 10 points a game if you gave them 30 minutes a night. The problem would be all the mistakes they'd make, and all the extra stuff they wouldn't be giving you, that a real starter-quality guy can give.

It's not fair to blame Smush though. The Lakers had a roster hole and they couldn't fill it. That's on the organization. He did what he could.

But no, Smush Parker does not qualify as "help," and no, he wasn't as good as Chalmers, in particular on defense.
I just checked his 06 stats. 11/3/4/ 2 steals on 45% shooting and he shot 38% from the 3. Thats not solid?

I just find it amusing......great players are always in a win win situation. They lose, as long as they score a lot of points, its all on the "role players". They win, no matter how bad they play they get all the credit. How is this pressure? And, and, they actually have plays run for them to get them the best shots. But none of this is ever acknowledged. Why????? Some of you guys are mindless sheep.

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 12:52 PM
I just find it amusing......great players are always in a win win situation.
i think you could spin this both ways. i could say lesser players are always in a win win situation because if they're losing nobody pays attention to them, and if they're winning everybody loves them.

whereas stars have to take the glory and the blame

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 12:53 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/10/12/14/enhanced-buzz-21143-1350065718-11.jpg

Godbe has spoken. /thread
And I've asked this. Hiw many centers were better than Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm in 06????

Kobe got what he wanted. But again let's make excuses. Then the Lakers go iut and get Pau Gasol, and you Laker fans go to no end to undermine the role he played in the Lakers success. Its just maddening. Its like deal with a crazy female.

HOoopCityJones
08-22-2015, 12:55 PM
I just checked his 06 stats. 11/3/4/ 2 steals on 45% shooting and he shot 38% from the 3. Thats not solid?

I just find it amusing......great players are always in a win win situation. They lose, as long as they score a lot of points, its all on the "role players". They win, no matter how bad they play they get all the credit. How is this pressure? And, and, they actually have plays run for them to get them the best shots. But none of this is ever acknowledged. Why????? Some of you guys are mindless sheep.

What did he produce in the playoffs being guarded by the defensive juggernaut Steve Nash? Cut the bullshit bro, Smush was far from solid. Serviceable is being generous.

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 12:55 PM
i think you could spin this both ways. i could say lesser players are always in a win win situation because if they're losing nobody pays attention to them, and if they're winning everybody loves them.

whereas stars have to take the glory and the blame
Bullshit. Lesser players don't even get full credit for winning championships. Only the best player. But they get full credit for losing. When the Lakers suck, its the 2006 Lakers. When they win its Kobe or Shaq and Kobe.

Legends66NBA7
08-22-2015, 12:57 PM
"Smush wasn't that bad" line keeps getting played as if there's any evidence that points other than that. Seriously, the guy was out of the league after 08 because he didn't excel at one skill and like some have mentioned thought he was better than he actually was. He was a wreck on and off the court.

The fact he stunk in the playoffs pretty much shows he's not a positive asset for any team.

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 12:58 PM
What did he produce in the playoffs being guarded by the defensive juggernaut Steve Nash? Cut the bullshit bro, Smush was far from solid. Serviceable is being generous.
How can he produce when you got Kobe shooting 35 shots a game? Parker was probably the 6th option on that team. The fact is the Lakers had a mediocre roster in 06 and got mediocre results.

HOoopCityJones
08-22-2015, 01:05 PM
How can he produce when you got Kobe shooting 35 shots a game? Parker was probably the 6th option on that team. The fact is the Lakers had a mediocre roster in 06 and got mediocre results.

So you're saying the answer to Smush being garbo is to let him shoot more? :applause:

The fact is you guys can talk a lot of shit as people who were so removed from the experience of watching those Teams night in and night out, all you can do is scroll down the roster of the season in question and say " hey this guy has decent stats by today's standards" "He must've been solid!" Stop stat watching and ask the right questions , maybe the reason Kobe shot that much is because he had a mediocre roster? :hammerhead:

If it was just Kobe who was holding Smush back he would've thrived with a guy like Wade who's an easier Teammate to get along with than Kobe. Yet...

KembaWalker
08-22-2015, 01:06 PM

Stop it, Smush was a scrub in the playoffs

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 01:23 PM
So you're saying the answer to Smush being garbo is to let him shoot more? :applause:

The fact is you guys can talk a lot of shit as people who were so removed from the experience of watching those Teams night in and night out, all you can do is scroll down the roster of the season in question and say " hey this guy has decent stats by today's standards" "He must've been solid!" Stop stat watching and ask the right questions , maybe the reason Kobe shot that much is because he had a mediocre roster? :hammerhead:

If it was just Kobe who was holding Smush back he would've thrived with a guy like Wade who's an easier Teammate to get along with than Kobe. Yet...
Like I said. In two years, he was serviceable. Did he have a bad playoff series? Yes. Has Kobe? Hell yes.

Were not arguing as to whether or not he had a serviceable career. Its my understanding that we're discussing his tenure with LA. And really those teams as a whole. They were mediocre. Thus the mediicre record.

HOoopCityJones
08-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Like I said. In two years, he was serviceable. Did he have a bad playoff series? Yes. Has Kobe? Hell yes.

Were not arguing as to whether or not he had a serviceable career. Its my understanding that we're discussing his tenure with LA. And really those teams as a whole. They were mediocre. Thus the mediicre record.

no, I said serviceable. You said solid. :lol

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 01:30 PM
no, I said serviceable. You said solid. :lol
So now I'm taking your word. I like it better. :lol

Braincells
08-22-2015, 01:52 PM

He was just a terrible player who ended up losing his starting job to a rookie Jordan Farmer by the time the playoffs rolled around in 07. This is a little amusing since Phil Jackson is one of those coaches who prides himself on not playing rookies. You know you are hopelessly bad when a coach who never plays rookies benches you for a rookie. Either Farmar was really good or Smush was really bad. I think the latter makes more sense to me.

The fact that he couldn't make it in the league after his career best years with the Lakers shows just how much he benefited from playing with Kobe. Based on his stats, you'd think the dude at the very least went on to be a third string PG for some NBA team, but he went right back to the D-league. Kobe made him look much better than he really was.

TheMarkMadsen
08-22-2015, 02:00 PM
And I've asked this. Hiw many centers were better than Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm in 06????

:biggums: :biggums:

Disel
Duncan
Wallace
Wallace
Bosh
Yao
KG
Gasol
Dirk
Randolph
Bogut
Webber
Dalembert
Dwight
Chandler
Zaza
Big Z
Krstic
Jermaine
Brad Miller
Emeka
Curry

etc, etc

Braincells
08-22-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm actually trying to think of centers that weren't better than Kwame in 06. Can't really think of any. If the Wizards didn't get anything out of him in 4 seasons, I'm not sure what the Lakers were expecting.

At least Mihm was serviceable. At his very best he was a decent back-up center who could give you a solid 18-20 min a game. He wasn't able to develop due to injuries. He was one guy I was rooting for.

Magic 32
08-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Mihm never played a single PO game with Kobe.

Could have used him against PHX.

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Bullshit. Lesser players don't even get full credit for winning championships. Only the best player. But they get full credit for losing. When the Lakers suck, its the 2006 Lakers. When they win its Kobe or Shaq and Kobe.
yeah this is true, quality role players get no credit from the average fan... i suppose i mean if anybody doubts them, the easy rebuttal is to say they played a contributing role on a winning team, which is the whole point of the game

but robert horry and steve kerr are actually underrated on this forum i'm willing to bet. it's not exactly a fluke that they have an overall winning record in the league. you couldn't plug a young zach randolph or like jason williams into their lineups and still have them be functional. those are veteran quality ball teams too, bulls/rockets/spurs/lakers... cmaan

the league is marketed to people as stargazing though so u cant really blame them

SpecialQue
08-22-2015, 04:25 PM
This and "why doesn't Spo get blamed for '11?" have proven beyond a doubt that Lebron stans are the dumbest pieces of shit on this forum.

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 06:39 PM
:biggums: :biggums:

Disel
Duncan PF Rasho Nesterovic was the center
Wallace PF Ben Wallace was the center
Bosh
Yao
KG PF Michael Olowokani, Mark Blount, and Eddie Griffin were the Centers
Gasol PF Lornezen Wright was the Center
Dirk PF Erik Dampier and Dasagana Diop were the Centers
Randolph PF Joel Prysbilla and Theo Ratliff were the Centers
Bogut
Webber PF Samuel Dalembert was the Center
Dwight
Chandler Eddy Curry was the center Chandler started out as a PF
Zaza
Big Z
Krstic PF Jason Collins was the Center
Jermaine PF Scott Pollard and Greg Foster were the Centers
Brad Miller
Emeka

etc, etc
So out of the players you mentioned, only about 10 centers in a 29 team league were better. Half of the guys you mentioned werent even Centers they were PFs. And Lamar Odom was the Lakers PF in 06.

Kobe_6/8
08-22-2015, 06:49 PM
So out of the players you mentioned, only about 10 centers in a 29 team league were better. Half of the guys you mentioned werent even Centers they were PFs. And Lamar Odom was the Lakers PF in 06.

Jeff Foster
Channing Frye
Lorenzen Wright
Jarron Collins
Samuel Dalembert
Shaq
Adonal Foyle
Marcus Camby
Brendan Haywood
Yao Ming
Erick Dampier
Tyson Chandler
Tony Battie
Big Z
PJ Brown
Zaza Pachulia
Chris Kaman
Bosh
Ben Wallace
Brad Miller
Dwight

Plus all of the natural PF's who can play C better than Chris Mihm.

TheMarkMadsen
08-22-2015, 06:50 PM

all of those guys would have been moved to center and started over Kwame.. that's not really up for debate :confusedshrug:

and those edits you made were so off.. Curry and Chandler didn't even play on the same team in 06 so what the fucc are you even talking about saying that Chandler was the PF and Curry as center, yeah maybe in 02 but not in 06.. greg foster never played for the pacers and wasn't even in the nba in 06.. :wtf:

you claim Gasol wasn't a center even though just like a year later he was playing center for the Lakers... lol

Bosh has played center for the past 6 years, Duncan has been listed as a center since 07 and even Pop calls him a center.. KG would have played center for the lakers..

the only guy i was pushing it with on that list was Dirk, all of the other guys have spent major stretches at center before and would have undoubtedly started over Kwame in LA

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 07:18 PM
all of those guys would have been moved to center and started over Kwame.. that's not really up for debate :confusedshrug:
Lol. What?????? Most of the guys mentioned werent Centers. Thats my point. I ask for Centers better than the Center tandem the 2006 Lakers had in Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm. Why? Because they weren't bad when compared to the garbage that was the center position as a whole

and those edits you made were so off.. Curry and Chandler didn't even play on the same team in 06 so what the fucc are you even talking about saying that Chandler was the PF and Curry as center, yeah maybe in 02 but not in 06.. greg foster never played for the pacers and wasn't even in the nba in 06.. :wtf:
I meant Jeff Foster.

you claim Gasol wasn't a center even though just like a year later he was playing center for the Lakers... lol
He wasn't a center in 2006

Bosh has played center for the past 6 years, Duncan has been listed as a center since 07 and even Pop calls him a center.. KG would have played center for the lakers..
But neither were centers in 2006.

the only guy i was pushing it with on that list was Dirk, all of the other guys have spent major stretches at center before and would have undoubtedly started over Kwame in LA
Are we talking about career or 2006? I mean come on. Even more.You know why a lot of those players played center? Because they were forced. There were very many good Centers back then. Whats more, as far as Bigs, AT THAT TIME (cuz youll take my words and twist them) Lamer Odom, Chris Mihm, and Kwame Brown were pretty damn good. Brown is called a bust because he was the first pick in the draft. He was an excellent defender in the post.

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 07:20 PM
don't underrate mihm, he could score around the basket at least. plus for a team with a frontline of odom, brown, mihm, cook, devean george, and luke walton.... forgot 18 year old bynum and ronny turiaf. but that team was a top ten rebounding team which mihm played a big part in.

that was a baaaaad squad. odom was serviceable than to pjax, and those two + kobe account for 95% of the reason they even made the playoffs.

here is what the roster looked like with modern day equivalents

Sabastian Telfair (smush)
Joey Dorsey (brown)
Kyle Anderson (walton)
Patrick Patterson (cook)
Jae Crowder (george)
Ersan Illyasova(medvedenko)
Nik Stauskas (vujacic)
Tyler Zeller (mihm)
Jordan Hill (turiaf)
Joel Embiid (bynum)

and those comparisons are far more generous than not

we'll give odom's role to Paul Millsap and phil's to... doc rivers or rick carlisle, your call

does the following team even sniff the playoffs in the west next season?

Telfair / Stauskas
Harden / Crowder
Millsap / Anderson
Hill / Illyasova
Zeller / Dorsey

they would have a hard time making the playoffs in the east... edit: well they would make it but as like a 7 seed probably.

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Jeff Foster
Channing Frye
Lorenzen Wright
Jarron Collins
Samuel Dalembert
Shaq
Adonal Foyle
Marcus Camby
Brendan Haywood
Yao Ming
Erick Dampier
Tyson Chandler
Tony Battie
Big Z
PJ Brown
Zaza Pachulia
Chris Kaman
Bosh
Ben Wallace
Brad Miller
Dwight

Plus all of the natural PF's who can play C better than Chris Mihm.
Whats the point of this?

TheMarkMadsen
08-22-2015, 07:25 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

Gasol spent 61% of his possesions as a center in 05, played center for the Lakers for 100% of his possessions in 08 and has been listed as a center for every year of his career from 07-11..

he would have played center in LA if he was with us in 06, just like he did in 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 and 14..

your argument is horrible "he wasn't listed as a center" yet anybody who isn't an idiot would realize that guys like Duncan & KG would have moved to center in 06 if they were on that Lakers team..

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 07:35 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

Gasol spent 61% of his possesions as a center in 05, played center for the Lakers for 100% of his possessions in 08 and has been listed as a center for every year of his career from 07-11..

he would have played center in LA if he was with us in 06, just like he did in 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 and 14..

your argument is horrible "he wasn't listed as a center" yet anybody who isn't an idiot would realize that guys like Duncan & KG would have moved to center in 06 if they were on that Lakers team..
Dude. He wasnt a center in 2006. And truth be told. The Centers that played alongside Gasol, Garnett, and Duncan,..... Id take both Brown and Mihm over them

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Heres the problem with you guys POV. You're comparing players historically. Not to what they were in one season. Historically, 2006 Chris Mihm isn't even a blip on the radar. But in 2006. He finished 4th in allstar voting for Centers. You guys compare Mihm and Brown to Shaq, Olajuwan, Ewinh, Robinsin, Chamberlain, Russell, etc. Then make it seem like the 2006 Lakers played againt these types if Centers on a nightly basis. When that couldn't be further from the truth.

20Four
08-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Smush was pretty bad.....

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Juat for the record Brown and Mihm combined averaged 17/12 on 51% shooting

TheMarkMadsen
08-22-2015, 07:47 PM
Dude. He wasnt a center in 2006. And truth be told. The Centers that played alongside Gasol, Garnett, and Duncan,..... Id take both Brown and Mihm over them

how are you not getting this, Gasol was a center for almost his entire laker run, from 07-11 and 14.. he was even a center during his rookie year..

he would have been playing center on the Lakers in 06 just like he did later as a Laker in 07-08.. you are being so dense..

TheMarkMadsen
08-22-2015, 07:51 PM

just for the record, Chris Mihm started every game he played as a Laker in 06, played 59 games, never appeared in a playoff game in 06 and then was out of the NBA until 2008

Kobe_6/8
08-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Whats the point of this?

It's a list of Centers better than Kwame and Mihm in 2006.

TheMarkMadsen
08-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Heres the problem with you guys POV. You're comparing players historically. Not to what they were in one season. Historically, 2006 Chris Mihm isn't even a blip on the radar. But in 2006. He finished 4th in allstar voting for Centers. You guys compare Mihm and Brown to Shaq, Olajuwan, Ewinh, Robinsin, Chamberlain, Russell, etc. Then make it seem like the 2006 Lakers played againt these types if Centers on a nightly basis. When that couldn't be further from the truth.

and here's your problem with your POV, you're being a narrow minded moron..

you are so set on "Gasol didn't play center in 06" and fail to realize that it is a proven fuccing fact that under the Triangle and playing under PJ would make Gasol a center just as it did when Gasol went to the Lakers in 07-08.. you're just completely ignoring context

Mihm played 59 games for the Lakers, didn't appear in the playoffs so why the hell are you even bringing him up..

Lakers faced Duncan, Dirk, Gasol, Yao, KG, Brand 24 times per year..

RidonKs
08-22-2015, 08:08 PM
:lol in a combined 52 minutes per night. adjusted to per 36, thats 24/17

lets see what the worst starting center combo in the league is right now... we should probably start with the knicks

Quincy Acy + Cole Aldrich = 23/15
Lou Almundson + Sam Dalambert = 19/14
Jason Smith + Amare Stoudemire = 31/12

see how i can pick apart the worst starting big men in the league and get the same numbers because they also play on a terrible team that has to give them minutes cuz there's no better option...

now which of those duos is good enough?

tpols
08-22-2015, 08:21 PM

Melo couldn't make the playoffs with peak shaq :biggums:

97 bulls
08-22-2015, 08:23 PM
how are you not getting this, Gasol was a center for almost his entire laker run, from 07-11 and 14.. he was even a center during his rookie year..

he would have been playing center on the Lakers in 06 just like he did later as a Laker in 07-08.. you are being so dense..
But he wasn't on the Lakers and he didn't play center in 2006.

KembaWalker
08-23-2015, 12:09 AM
But he wasn't on the Lakers and he didn't play center in 2006.

Gasol played 44% of his minutes at C on estimate in 05-06

Stop being a dumbass

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 01:15 AM
Gasol played 44% of his minutes at C on estimate in 05-06

Stop being a dumbass
What? Whatever bro. Gasol was not a center in 2006. Truth be told. Andrew Bynum was the Center fir the Lakers championships.

TheMarkMadsen
08-23-2015, 01:18 AM
What? Whatever bro. Gasol was not a center in 2006. Truth be told. Andrew Bynum was the Center fir the Lakers championships.

ok so the guy playing 17 minutes per game was the center, not the center playing 40 minutes per game

:roll: :roll:

Pushxx
08-23-2015, 01:19 AM
"Was Smush Parker really that bad?" is one of the funniest sentences I've read on here in a while. Come on, people.

20Four
08-23-2015, 01:27 AM
"Was Smush Parker really that bad?" is one of the funniest sentences I've read on here in a while. Come on, people.
You cant blame him, hes a 50 year old virgin who works at McDonald's as a registered burger flipper

Lakers Legend#32
08-23-2015, 02:25 AM
Ask Kobe

outbreak
08-23-2015, 02:31 AM
Parker would have peaked as an 18ppg 8apg guy without kobe

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Again. He wasn't a bad player. Like a poster said earlier. He was serviceable. Kobe Bryant fans are doing the same thing that Jordan fans do undermine his teammates to prop him up.

305Baller
08-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Shouldn't the question be "how did the Lakers put such a bad roster together during Kobe's prime"?

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 03:08 AM
:lol in a combined 52 minutes per night. adjusted to per 36, thats 24/17

lets see what the worst starting center combo in the league is right now... we should probably start with the knicks

Quincy Acy + Cole Aldrich = 23/15
Lou Almundson + Sam Dalambert = 19/14

see how i can pick apart the worst starting big men in the league and get the same numbers because they also play on a terrible team that has to give them minutes cuz there's no better option...

now which of those duos is good enough?
Lol. Nice try comparing these guys per 36 minute stats.

KembaWalker
08-23-2015, 03:20 AM

So Smush bascially All-Star John Wall without Kobe? :roll: :wtf:

Showtime2001
08-23-2015, 03:56 AM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/122165/2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

IcanzIIravor
08-23-2015, 04:00 AM

I hope you don't work anywhere that requires drug testing.

JT123
08-23-2015, 05:10 AM
So Smush bascially All-Star John Wall without Kobe? :roll: :wtf:
Laugh all you want, but Smush averaged 12 ppg with Kobe shooting the ball 35 times a night. Smush could have EASILY averaged 18 ppg if he had been given his own team and was allowed to chuck all game.

MoBe1Kanobi
08-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Bro what i remember most when i first saw smush play was this..

COT DAMN HES SO MUCH BETTER THAN DFISH

like srsly

I think his first reg season game with LA he had like 20 and was catching fastbreak lobs on the nuggets off primebe's dimes

Like i be thinking all the time

Im the biggest kobe fan in the world (nxt to kgriff the god)

But kobe be doing this niqqa pure salty like how tf u goin act like he wasnt giving you an athletic lanky very effective defensively and talented PG who is even a better defensive player than the "gritty" (but fuggin slow ass and got lit up by the luther heads aaron brooks rafer alston's of the world to say the least) derek fisher.

I swear i think steve nash has nightmares to this day of 05-07 smush parker cuz smush ALWAYS had the clamps on lil steve

Not the highest IQ of players but at the time we needed guys to be aggressive next to the control freak kobe and he was one of the few role players willin to look kobe off which is necessary at times to keep the D honest and i really do think he is STILL the best PG kobe played with during an 82 game stretch

Smushy P:bowdown:

JT123
08-23-2015, 06:26 AM

like srsly

I think his first reg season game with LA he had like 20 and was catching fastbreak lobs on the nuggets off primebe's dimes

But kobe be doing this niqqa pure salty like how tf u goin act like he wasnt giving you an athletic lanky very effective defensively and talented PG who is even a better defensive player than the "gritty" (but fuggin slow ass and got lit up by the luther heads aaron brooks rafer alston's of the world to say the least) derek fisher.

I swear i think steve nash has nightmares to this day of 05-07 smush parker cuz smush ALWAYS had the clamps on lil steve

Not the highest IQ of players but at the time we needed guys to be aggressive next to the control freak kobe and he was one of the few role players willin to look kobe off which is necessary at times to keep the D honest and i really do think he is STILL the best PG kobe played with during an 82 game stretch

An unbiased Kobe fan. :applause:

MoBe1Kanobi
08-23-2015, 06:38 AM
An unbiased Kobe fan. :applause:

I mean whats not to love about smushy p

Random ass line down his head shaved in

His name is smush

Charming af

Never did anything dirty to anyone and always played with a positive attitude despite playing with a guy who wanted to pick on him solely for the reason of having his own personal legacy stories about beefing with a scrub PG ala steve kerr and jordan even tho they had no chemistry issues on the court ever and also playing for a slightly racist coach in phil jackson who looks at smush, his name, his style of speech, his haircut, and his lanky game and automatically classifies him in a different category than old more familiar lightskin mr proper english talentless derek fisher

Its uncomfortable but it is the truth

MoBe1Kanobi
08-23-2015, 07:22 AM
Btw check out the steal, crossover, and nasty dunk all on derek fisher by smushy during his mvp performance in this game @ 4:45

https://youtu.be/_NZSr793ZuM

MoBe1Kanobi
08-23-2015, 07:44 AM
"This is Smush Parker. Shout out to insidehoops.com and especially all you on the message boards peace"

https://youtu.be/uIhJcdl_umI

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

clipps
08-23-2015, 09:34 AM
25% of Lakers fans are taking medication for their mental illnesses. That's scary; It means 75% of them are just running around untreated.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-23-2015, 09:47 AM
I actually thought he would make a decent backup PG for most teams in the league. Just not as a starter.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-23-2015, 09:47 AM
I actually thought he would make a decent backup PG for most teams in the league. Just not as a starter.

Legends66NBA7
08-23-2015, 09:53 AM

How come he never did then ?

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 10:39 AM
How come he never did then ?
Not saying he would've. But his off the court antics hurt him. Once he assaulted that women. He was done.

Legends66NBA7
08-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Not saying he would've. But his off the court antics hurt him. Once he assaulted that women. He was done.

Apparently, the Laker coaches had problems with him too come playoff time in 2007. He'd not the run the plays and his defense fell apart. During the playoffs when he was struggling and missed a clear assignment, he looked at the bench for some guidance but the coaches by that point had enough of him.

To his defense, he never missed a game during those 2 years.

HOoopCityJones
08-23-2015, 10:57 AM

:roll:

Again, why didn't Smush Parker let loose once he was finally outta Kobe's stranglehold? :confusedshrug:

He was entering his prime on The Heat.

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 10:59 AM

Again, why didn't Smush Parker let loose once he was finally outta Kobe's stranglehold? :confusedshrug:

He was entering his prime on The Heat.
I did some.research on him. The Heat cut him after he assaulted a female attendant.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-23-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm sure Smush can destroy anyone on ISH in a 1v1 matchup.

HOoopCityJones
08-23-2015, 11:01 AM
I did some.research on him. The Heat cut him after he assaulted a female attendant.

Still played a full ****ing season with them. He was finally away from Kobe holding him back, why didn't he drop 18 & 8? :biggums:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-23-2015, 11:04 AM

I've heard other players do worse, and they're still/were in the league.

He was a backup PG at best, but a scrub through and through. Kobe was right that he probably didn't even belong in the NBA (his playoff production was spectacularly awful).

I'm sure Smush can destroy anyone on ISH in a 1v1 matchup.

:whatever:

My money's on CavsFTW

20Four
08-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Laugh all you want, but Smush averaged 12 ppg with Kobe shooting the ball 35 times a night. Smush could have EASILY averaged 18 ppg if he had been given his own team and was allowed to chuck all game.
I know what your doing.....you're boy toy leBRONZE has been getting a lot of heat lately so what you're doing is trying to find ways to bash kobe....I dont really get you....you worry about another mans life, more than you worry about your own....you're not tired of living in your parents basement living rent free? I dont get you, I really feel bad for you...

Kobe has you up all night looking for news on him....you dont find that weird?

Euroleague
08-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I remember him being absolutely terrible when he played with Iraklis in the Greek League. Just horrible. He was awful, and they won like 2 games in the entire season.

I am being serious.

I don't think he got another job in Europe again after that. I could be wrong though. But I never saw him play in Europe again after that.

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Still played a full ****ing season with them. He was finally away from Kobe holding him back, why didn't he drop 18 & 8? :biggums:
I.don't.think so he played more games with the Clippers

Jameerthefear
08-23-2015, 11:45 AM
I know what your doing.....you're boy toy leBRONZE has been getting a lot of heat lately so what you're doing is trying to find ways to bash kobe....I dont really get you....you worry about another mans life, more than you worry about your own....you're not tired of living in your parents basement living rent free? I dont get you, I really feel bad for you...

Kobe has you up all night looking for news on him....you dont find that weird?
Quiet midget.

20Four
08-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Quiet midget.
Who's even talking to you? You should graduate high school first before even speaking son, you 17 year old lonely kid. You spend your whole summer on ISH when you should be enjoying your summer socializing with other teenagers and making new friends.....lol shows what kind of life you live.....

imnew09
08-23-2015, 12:55 PM
I remember him being absolutely terrible when he played with Iraklis in the Greek League. Just horrible. He was awful, and they won like 2 games in the entire season.

I am being serious.

I don't think he got another job in Europe again after that. I could be wrong though. But I never saw him play in Europe again after that.

First time I agree with EuroLeague . Worlds ending

20Four
08-23-2015, 12:59 PM

I am being serious.

Watch JT123 ignore what you posted kuz hes a bitch made female

T_L_P
08-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Better in the 06 Playoffs than Tony Parker was in last year's.

But yes, he was bad.

AnaheimLakers24
08-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Isnt he a cross dresser now?

Braincells
08-23-2015, 01:22 PM
What does him assaulting a girl have to do with anything? He wasn't charged for any crime.

The Clippers signed him after the Heat let him go. Then the Nuggets signed him the following season. And guess what? He went straight back to the D-league. He had plenty of chances to make it in the NBA.

Dude had talent, but pulled an Anthony Randolph and thought he was bigger than the game. I'm sure he had question marks on his attitude and willingness to adjust to the team game.

And averaging 18/8 would indeed put him in the John Wall category, which is just insane to expect from a fringe NBA player. I'm sure he could average those numbers in the D-league or summer league.

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 02:23 PM
What does him assaulting a girl have to do with anything? He wasn't charged for any crime.
The Heat cut him because of it.

The Clippers signed him after the Heat let him go. Then the Nuggets signed him the following season. And guess what? He went straight back to the D-league. He had plenty of chances to make it in the NBA.

He was only signed by the Clippers after they encountered a lot of injuries at PG.

Whos spot was he gonna take in Denver? Anthony Carter was solid, Chucky Atkins was too. And he sure wasn't taking Allen Iversons spot. Again no one is saying hes great, but he wasn't as bad as Laker fans make him out to be.

Dude had talent, but pulled an Anthony Randolph and thought he was bigger than the game. I'm sure he had question marks on his attitude and willingness to adjust to the team game.
I agree.

And averaging 18/8 would indeed put him in the John Wall category, which is just insane to expect from a fringe NBA player. I'm sure he could average those numbers in the D-league or summer league.[/QUOTE]

Kobe_6/8
08-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Question No. 3: If you replaced every MVP candidate with a decent player at their position for the entire season, what would be the effect on their teams' records?

Answer: If you replaced Kobe with a decent 2-guard (someone like Jamal Crawford) for the entire 2005-06 Lakers season, they would have won between 15 and 20 games. I can say that in complete confidence. Terrible team. When Smush Parker and Kwame Brown are your third- and fourth-best players, you shouldn't even be allowed to watch the playoffs on TV. Throw Kobe in the mix and they're headed for 45 wins. So he's been worth 25 victories for them. Minimum.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060414

The 2006 Lakers would have been historically bad without Kobe.

Rooster
08-23-2015, 06:24 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I watched most of the Lakers games during those Smush era and this scrub was a de facto starting guard because we thought we need better defense than what Chucky Atkins provided who could barely guard a lick. Smush made good impression in the beginning but as soon as teams started to pay attention to him, he was ridiculously bad. I remember Jackson had to call timeout twice when for losing his man on defense twice, Phil was yelling like crazy and Kobe was trying to instruct him then did the same the following possession and Phil just sat his ass out after that.
I dunno how he averaged 10 ppg but Smush love to gamble on defense and he's probably getting 2-4 points for his quick hands and I know he could least hit a quarter of his 3s so easily 6-7 points from that. And getting 18 ppg on an NBA team :facepalm :oldlol: Maybe if he is playing for the Sixers or a tanking team. As far as his defense, he was bad. This scrub was lucky to get an NBA gig.

ihatetimthomas
08-23-2015, 06:26 PM
I can tell a lot of people here didn't actually watch his time with the Lakers and only look at his stats.

He was wildly inconsistent. He was very frustrating to watch because he showed flashes of having real game. One game he would have 20 points and the next 2 he wouldn't crack double digits. He also was not a true point guard and couldn't run a offense. He had low ball IQ.

He was a athletic player who happened to play on a team with no point guard. He was basically their default point guard. I feel he was lucky to be in that situation because he got opportunity due to lack of available pgs.

People saying he could've been more than what he was without Kobe never watched him play throughout a season. What he did in his years w lakers was as good as he was ever going to be. He was able to get off the shots he got because he was playing with Kobe. Lol at anyone thinking he could avg 18 ppg. He would have never been consistent enough. There was no upside with him. I think he made the best of the situation he was given and did a ok job considering he was never brought in to be the starting pg, but he was just not a very good player.

RidonKs
08-23-2015, 06:28 PM
I can tell a lot of people here didn't actually watch his time with the Lakers and only look at his stats.
not really, board is pretty united on this front. just two d0uchey fanatics trying to justify their own agenda as 98% of ppl in this thread tell them they're dumb

Yao Ming's Foot
08-23-2015, 06:44 PM
If Smush was any good why did he only play 26 games after leaving the Lakers at the age of 26? Why didn't your team sign him? :confusedshrug:

Rocketswin2013
08-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Watching Kobe's 81 on hardwood classics just now and when Parker broke away for a dunk, a Lakers PA guy said he "found a home" in LA and was, "one of the best on-ball defenders in the league".

Thought this was worth posting.

Edit: BTW the Lakers around Kobe fcking sucked and saying anything else is revisionism. But saying Parker was one of the worst players in the league is, too.

4 Inches
08-23-2015, 08:16 PM
2006 was a grest time in LA
It goes 2k7 fans everywhere
When I take it to the rack like I just dont care

jjayfive
08-23-2015, 08:36 PM
He was below average. Went to a few laker games back in the day, the opponent left him open on the 3 and he couldn't make a shot to save his life. The crowd then to proceed to boo him off the court. This happened quit often.

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 10:24 PM
He was below average. Went to a few laker games back in the day, the opponent left him open on the 3 and he couldn't make a shot to save his life. The crowd then to proceed to boo him off the court. This happened quit often.
He shot 36% from three both season with LA on 4 attempts per night.

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 10:33 PM
If Smush was any good why did he only play 26 games after leaving the Lakers at the age of 26? Why didn't your team sign him? :confusedshrug:
We went through this already.

And why does what he did after the Lakers matter? He was serviceable with them. He was a solid defender, with decent 3 pt range. He gambled a lot.

The 2006 Lakers had a mediocre roster and a mediocre record.

Center position: solid
Power Forward: very good
Small Forward: below average
Shooting Guard: great
Point Guard: slightly below avg

Rooster
08-23-2015, 10:50 PM

And why does what he did after the Lakers matter? He was serviceable with them. He was a solid defender, with decent 3 pt range. He gambled a lot.

When did you get the notion that Smush was a solid defender:confusedshrug:

Did you even watch how often he get lost out there because of lack of awareness and lack of effort.:oldlol:

Luke Walton was decent though. Above average

Odom was good but so inconsistent. He was subject of trade rumors until Lakers got better.

Kwame was good defensively on man to man but he was terrible as a help defender so never as rim protector. Useless on offense.

TheMarkMadsen
08-23-2015, 10:52 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
08-23-2015, 10:54 PM

Did you even watch how often he get lost out there because of lack of awareness and lack of effort.:oldlol:

he's so shook that 3ball downplays pippen that he's in here trying to convince people that Smush as actually good and the only reason he didn't catch on with another NBA team was for some charge that he was never convicted of..

Beasley is under rape investigations and got an NBA gig... this dude is fuccing delusional :oldlol: :oldlol:

bballnoob1192
08-23-2015, 10:55 PM
he is playing basketball in mongolia for 2000 dollars a month. yes he is that bad

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 10:58 PM

Luke Walton was decent though. Above average

Odom was good but so inconsistent. He was subject of trade rumors until Lakers got better.

Kwame was good defensively on man to man but he was terrible as a help defender so never as rim protector. Useless on offense.
What you described was a mediocre team. Thats what they were. You Lakers fans act like they won 60 games that year.

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 11:03 PM
he's so shook that 3ball downplays pippen that he's in here trying to convince people that Smush as actually good and the only reason he didn't catch on with another NBA team was for some charge that he was never convicted of..

Beasley is under rape investigations and got an NBA gig... this dude is fuccing delusional :oldlol: :oldlol:
Michael Beasley was the number two pick in the draft. Parker wasn't even drafted if I remember correctly.

And yes. I take exception to this constant degrading of the teammates of great players. And thats what you guys are doing.

I already gave you stats on the Lakers bigs that year. Hell Chris Mihm finished 4th in the allstar balloting.

TheMarkMadsen
08-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Michael Beasley was the number two pick in the draft. Parker wasn't even drafted if I remember correctly.

And yes. I take exception to this constant degrading of the teammates of great players. And thats what you guys are doing.

I already gave you stats on the Lakers bigs that year. Hell Chris Mihm finished 4th in the allstar balloting.

who fuccing cares he only played 59 games for the Lakers in 06, didn't play in the playoffs and was out of the NBA until 08..

you are seriously delusional if you think Kwame and Smush were good nba players.. they were the definition of scrubs

RidonKs
08-23-2015, 11:24 PM

:lol u made up a different name for every player

here's my rating system

Center position: https://upload.wikimedia.org/math/3/1/0/3107f946cb1246750168a6f01e873401.png
Power Forward: 5 on richter scale
Small Forward: saprano
Shooting Guard: :basketball
Point Guard: 12/107

i think that team would win a lot of fishsticks even without its star center

Kobe_6/8
08-23-2015, 11:46 PM
6. Revenge of the young point guards
You can pencil the following 25-and-under players as starters or solid rotation guys at the very least: Chris Paul; Shaun Livingston; Rajon Rondo and Bassy Telfair; T.J. Ford and Jose Calderon; Ray Felton; Deron Williams; Jarrett Jack; Tony Parker (you forget, he's only 24); Mo Williams and Leandro Barbosa (two hybrid guards, but whatever); Devin Harris; Jameer Nelson; Kirk Hinrich; Vassilis Spanoulis; Luke Ridnour; Marcus Williams (yes, the Laptop Guy); and possibly, Jordan Farmar (let's throw him in here because he'll be stealing Smush Parker's job before Christmas). That's a whopping 19 young point guards who look exceedingly competent -- at worst -- heading into the upcoming season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/part1/061101

97 bulls
08-23-2015, 11:59 PM
who fuccing cares he only played 59 games for the Lakers in 06, didn't play in the playoffs and was out of the NBA until 08..

you are seriously delusional if you think Kwame and Smush were good nba players.. they were the definition of scrubs
Again. We aren't arguing their careers. We're arguing 2006. I never said they were good players. I said they werent as bad as Laker fans try to make them be.

I understand he only played 59 games. All teams go through injuries. You think the 2006 Lakers were the only team to miss a key player? Some teams wish they could've got 59 games out of their key players.

SamuraiSWISH
08-24-2015, 12:05 AM
His story was the polar opposite of John Starks. Yes, he was that bad.

TheMarkMadsen
08-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Again. We aren't arguing their careers. We're arguing 2006. I never said they were good players. I said they werent as bad as Laker fans try to make them be.

I understand he only played 59 games. All teams go through injuries. You think the 2006 Lakers were the only team to miss a key player? Some teams wish they could've got 59 games out of their key players.

if you realize that he only played 59 games then why do you keep bringing him up?? He literally has no significance to 2006 as he wasn't even around for the playoffs

Smush was seriously garbage, he had no business being in the NBA as a starter, which was proven by the fact that in his prime years he wasn't even in the NBA

imdaman99
08-24-2015, 01:09 AM
Kobe's prime wasted with Smush while Lebron's prime was with prime Wade :roll:

KellhitEmup15
08-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Smush was garbage, Kwame was Garbage. It was kobe and lamar pretty much.

20Four
08-24-2015, 01:52 AM
Kobe's prime wasted with Smush while Lebron's prime was with prime Wade :roll:
http://i.imgur.com/r2YbrKM.gif

MoBe1Kanobi
08-24-2015, 04:41 AM
YO WTF HAPPENED TO ALL MY EDUCATIONAL ASS POSTS IN THIS THREAD WTF BRO

:wtf: :coleman: :biggums:

MoBe1Kanobi
08-24-2015, 04:43 AM

like srsly

All u need to know plebs

MoBe1Kanobi
08-24-2015, 04:45 AM
I mean whats not to love about smushy p

Random ass line down his head shaved in

His name is smush

Charming af

Never did anything dirty to anyone and always played with a positive attitude despite playing with a guy who wanted to pick on him solely for the reason of having his own personal legacy stories about beefing with a scrub PG ala steve kerr and jordan even tho they had no chemistry issues on the court ever and also playing for a slightly racist coach in phil jackson who looks at smush, his name, his style of speech, his haircut, and his lanky game and automatically classifies him in a different category than old more familiar lightskin mr proper english talentless derek fisher

Its uncomfortable but it is the truth
:bowdown: :bowdown:

riseagainst
08-24-2015, 03:06 PM
:lol

MoBe1Kanobi
08-25-2015, 05:44 AM
Ain't shit funny smushy p is Kobe's greatest point guard

MaxFly
08-25-2015, 04:35 PM

In 05-06, Steve Nash averaged 22/9.6 on 51% shooting against the Lakers, comparable to is reg season numbers... though he averaged 3 more points in the playoffs against them than he did in the regular season. What kind of rusty, loose clamps was Parker using on Nash?

RidonKs
08-25-2015, 05:18 PM
In 05-06, Steve Nash averaged 22/9.6 on 51% shooting against the Lakers, comparable to is reg season numbers... though he averaged 3 more points in the playoffs against them than he did in the regular season. What kind of rusty, loose clamps was Parker using on Nash?
its make believe

i was in laker threads during those years and there was always a crowd of fans who despised derek fisher and thought he made dumb plays and played no defense. konex was always at the head of those iirc

then the lakers won 2/3 finals with fisher playing 30+ minutes and those angry cries quickly died down...

97 bulls
08-25-2015, 05:33 PM
The fact is Smush Parkers stats with LA as arguably their fourth best player, is on par with your typical player in that role.

You guys making it seem as if he had no business being in the league at that time is revisionist history. 11/4 on 45% is not bad. If he didn't deserve ti be there, he wouldn't have been there.

Im sick of reading these threads were tye 2006 Lakers and 09 Heat take all this gut from agenda driven fans of Bryant and Wade. Were their teammates great? No. Championship caliber? No. Mediocre? Yes. Thus the mediocre record. If those teams won 58 games then we'd be on to something.

Smoke117
08-25-2015, 05:55 PM
its make believe

i was in laker threads during those years and there was always a crowd of fans who despised derek fisher and thought he made dumb plays and played no defense. konex was always at the head of those iirc

then the lakers won 2/3 finals with fisher playing 30+ minutes and those angry cries quickly died down...

They won 2/3 finals DESPITE Derek Fisher playing 30+ minutes. He was always garbage.

RidonKs
08-25-2015, 06:04 PM
They won 2/3 finals DESPITE Derek Fisher playing 30+ minutes. He was always garbage.

replace him with smush and they don't leave the second round

TheMarkMadsen
08-25-2015, 06:13 PM
when you get 10+ pages out of a Smush Parker thread with a couple idiots trying to act like he was good, and making excuses for why he couldn't get a job in the NBA during the prime of his career.. you know that the Kobe hate is strong as fucc..

97 bulls
08-25-2015, 07:13 PM
when you get 10+ pages out of a Smush Parker thread with a couple idiots trying to act like he was good, and making excuses for why he couldn't get a job in the NBA during the prime of his career.. you know that the Kobe hate is strong as fucc..

Lol. What does Kobe have to do with it???? He's great regardless. Why put his teammates down?

Thorn
08-25-2015, 08:03 PM
its make believe

konex curse strikes again :roll:

qrich
08-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Smush was solid during his twenty game stint in a Clippers uniform, but the dude simply wasn't starter material and it is unfair to expect starter production from a guy who was simply a journeyman. Not due to a lack of talent, nor a lack of skill, but due to a lack of basketball awareness.

The hate he got from the Kobe stans was idiotic, it'd be equivalent to Clipper fans throwing Rick Brunson under the bus when he started at the point for us, nearly for a whole year. Both were forced into positions they weren't comfortable in, nor meant for. Though Brunson got by due to his IQ and not his talent.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-25-2015, 11:38 PM

were u even fcuking born when Smush played for the lakers? pathetic b!tch

TheMarkMadsen
08-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Lol. What does Kobe have to do with it???? He's great regardless. Why put his teammates down?

if it looks like a scrub, walks like a scrub, plays like a scrub, it's a scrub. Regardless of who's teammate he is..

you act like people are in here saying a good player like Odom or something wasn't shit and was a scrub.. Smush never found another job in the NBA, where's he playing these days..?? He bounced around from the HEAT, to the Clippers to the Nuggets and never got another gig in the NBA, has bounced around over seas.. the team he plays for doesn't even have a wikapedia page lmao.. Hell Marbury is winning rings in china..

GimmeThat
08-26-2015, 09:01 AM
He couldn't really play the point guard position, and if he played as a back up point guard, he wasn't someone who you could count on knocking down multiple 3's a game. and that's with multiple attempts.

He was athletic, but the Lakers also drafted Farmar, who by all means, appeared and showcased having stronger work ethics than Smush.

If I had to compliment him, I would say that another player who had limited ability but also got more credit than they deserved would probably be Eric Snow.

Had he even just developed dribbling skills to not turn the ball over, there probably would have still been plenty of coaches who would take him off the bench for 10-15 min just to run some plays that would maintain the game score difference.

keep in mind, the clock is at 24 seconds at the NBA level compared to the 30 seconds at college level. (not sure why I felt inclined to include this information here)

20Four
08-26-2015, 12:37 PM
OP is banned again...please let it be a PERM ban....

97 bulls
08-26-2015, 06:47 PM
if it looks like a scrub, walks like a scrub, plays like a scrub, it's a scrub. Regardless of who's teammate he is..

you act like people are in here saying a good player like Odom or something wasn't shit and was a scrub.. Smush never found another job in the NBA, where's he playing these days..?? He bounced around from the HEAT, to the Clippers to the Nuggets and never got another gig in the NBA, has bounced around over seas.. the team he plays for doesn't even have a wikapedia page lmao.. Hell Marbury is winning rings in china..
What does what he did after his two year stint with the Lakers matter? I aldeady told you he was cut for assaulting someone. The Clippers only signed him because they needed a PG due to injuries. After their guards returned, they didnt need him. Not because he was a scrub. Damn. You guys expect a lot from a fourth or fifth best player on a 45 win team.

Laker fans are always disparaging Kobe Bryants teammates. Odom, Gasol, even Shaq. Its just dumb. Again, was he great or even good? No. But was he serviceable? Yes. Compare his stats to other guys who are the fourth best player on the team. On a mid 40 win team at that. He wasn't as bad as you're making him seem.

sd3035
08-26-2015, 07:01 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3285367/silva-fryklund-ko-o.gif

Rooster
08-26-2015, 07:10 PM
What does what he did after his two year stint with the Lakers matter? I aldeady told you he was cut for assaulting someone. The Clippers only signed him because they needed a PG due to injuries. After their guards returned, they didnt need him. Not because he was a scrub. Damn. You guys expect a lot from a fourth or fifth best player on a 45 win team.

Laker fans are always disparaging Kobe Bryants teammates. Odom, Gasol, even Shaq. Its just dumb. Again, was he great or even good? No. But was he serviceable? Yes. Compare his stats to other guys who are the fourth best player on the team. On a mid 40 win team at that. He wasn't as bad as you're making him seem.

You have a point but not everything is about stat . Case in point, Chucky Atkins put up a career best stat when he played one year for the Lakers but for those who watched and followed the Lakers on that season, he was giving up double of that. Watching him live, every teammate of his have their eyes on his man which makes it difficult to play team defense. It was different with Smush, they knew he could handle his man but the frustrating part was he's not putting up enough effort or just that lack of awareness. And both of these guys were locker room cancer, Chucky with his know it all attitude and Smush with his pouting.

Fish has that decent stats too but he was as atrocious in defense and can't make a layup. However he has that locker room presence that even Kobe can respect and that's what made him valuable . Us Lakers fans are just spoiled because we have history of great players throughout so our expectations are a little higher. Our criticism with Smush was fair but for those who criticized Shaq, it is agenda driven. Funny thing is most of those players who played with Kobe have their best season.:confusedshrug:

Droid101
08-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Why argue? Smush was complete garbage, proven by his play before and after the Lakers. The Lakers were so bad that year, that they HAD to give the dude minutes. That's the only reason he put up any kind of statistics.

Levity
08-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Why argue?

I'm curious as to why, as well. 97 vehemently denies that Smush was terribad, but doesnt give reason as to why he disagrees. just stats drop like some ESPN clone.

houston
08-26-2015, 07:35 PM

yup truth indeed

Lebronxrings
08-26-2015, 07:38 PM

sure, but then you have idiots like you who act like smush was complete trash and kobe played with scrubs while acting like inferior guys like chalmers were great. Kobe wank is strong as fucc..

Dr Seuss
08-26-2015, 07:40 PM
sure, but then you have idiots like you who act like smush was complete trash and kobe played with scrubs while acting like inferior guys like chalmers were great. Kobe wank is strong as fucc..

Chalmers is better than Smush ever was. and thats a non-issue anyhow, because James joined a team which already had chalmers, so he could play with Wade and Bosh.

97 bulls
08-26-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm curious as to why, as well. 97 vehemently denies that Smush was terribad, but doesnt give reason as to why he disagrees. just stats drop like some ESPN clone.
Truthfully. Its not about Smush Parker. Its about this ridiculous notion of putting great players teammates down. This particular thread is about Parker.

I also don't believe this would be as big of an issue had Kobe not had this beef with him.

As far as my proof. Its there. Ill ask again (for the third time) what does your typical mid 40 win team get out of their fourth best scorer/player?????? I feel he was a good defender when engaged but he gambled a lot. 11 points and 4 asts on 45% shooting is not bad. And he made 36% of his threes. As far as if he should've been playing basketball, my response.would be, this is the NBA. If he wasnt good enough, he wouldn't have got one game in preseason much less two full seasons as an undrafted journeyman. On the Lakers even more. Truth be told, a large portion of the players that play in the NBA end up having a career just like Parker. Even more undrafted players.

Now here the rebuttal. He sucked with the Lakers, because Miami cut him. He doesn't play today (hes 34), Kobe doesn't like him.

20Four
08-27-2015, 02:16 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm no wonder you flip burgers....

GimmeThat
08-27-2015, 02:28 AM
Chalmers is better than Smush ever was. and thats a non-issue anyhow, because James joined a team which already had chalmers, so he could play with Wade and Bosh.

with Chalmers attempt, you might blame it on his technique with the lack of elite athleticism at the NBA level. Speaking of mid range instead of the 3 pointers of course. unless his team is okay and set with him taking those pick and roll attempts as he goes further away from the pick, since him actually going for the drive just isn't a great possibility even if that is the textbook X's and O's play.

GimmeThat
08-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Truthfully. Its not about Smush Parker. Its about this ridiculous notion of putting great players teammates down. This particular thread is about Parker.

I also don't believe this would be as big of an issue had Kobe not had this beef with him.

As far as my proof. Its there. Ill ask again (for the third time) what does your typical mid 40 win team get out of their fourth best scorer/player?????? I feel he was a good defender when engaged but he gambled a lot. 11 points and 4 asts on 45% shooting is not bad. And he made 36% of his threes. As far as if he should've been playing basketball, my response.would be, this is the NBA. If he wasnt good enough, he wouldn't have got one game in preseason much less two full seasons as an undrafted journeyman. On the Lakers even more. Truth be told, a large portion of the players that play in the NBA end up having a career just like Parker. Even more undrafted players.

Now here the rebuttal. He sucked with the Lakers, because Miami cut him. He doesn't play today (hes 34), Kobe doesn't like him.

okay, you are right. They only acquired Smush Parker because Kobe had demanded Slava Medvendenko with him wherever he went to on his next team.

VH1 makes characters that can be taken to go. The slight difference between pinned and post.