PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially moved to San Diego, California

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 01:02 AM
:bowdown: Feels good, man.

I was staying out here the last 5-6 months with a couple of friends because he had some SoCal gigs lined up. Went back to my old place in NM last week and shipped out all the important stuff I need to CA, and sold/trashed everything I didn't need. Got my last package of stuff today and finally have everything moved in to my new apt with a friend and his roomate. SoCal is ****ing awesome, even though I'm in kind of inland in SD, and like 20 min drive from downtown. Just need to keep building on work clients now, which seems to be pretty easy in this area.

It is pretty hot here, but nothing I'm not used to. Mexican food and the girls are are FTW though

stalkerforlife
08-23-2015, 01:15 AM
What do you do for a living?

9erempiree
08-23-2015, 01:20 AM
New Laker fan. :lol

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 01:21 AM
What do you do for a living?
I teach private guitar/piano lessons and play gigs. I've been accumulating some private students while I was staying out here the last few months. Getting students/gigs is actually way easier out here than where i used to live :D

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 01:22 AM
New Clippers fan. :lol
FTFY

BTW, I don't see any Lakers jerseys out here in SD. Plenty of Chargers/Padres hats, but no Lakers stuff. I did see one dude at the gym wearing a Deandre Jordan jersey, and I also saw this one girl wearing a Dwight Howard Lakers shirt :lol

Smoke117
08-23-2015, 01:24 AM
Now move back. We don't want you here.

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 01:27 AM
Now move back. We don't want you here.
You're in SD? Gross. Then again, you're probably in some poverty area like El Cajon so I probably won't run into your bitch ass.

chosen_one6
08-23-2015, 02:05 AM
:bowdown: Feels good, man.

I was staying out here the last 5-6 months with a couple of friends because he had some SoCal gigs lined up. Went back to my old place in NM last week and shipped out all the important stuff I need to CA, and sold/trashed everything I didn't need. Got my last package of stuff today and finally have everything moved in to my new apt with a friend and his roomate. SoCal is ****ing awesome, even though I'm in kind of inland in SD, and like 20 min drive from downtown. Just need to keep building on work clients now, which seems to be pretty easy in this area.

It is pretty hot here, but nothing I'm not used to. Mexican food and the girls are are FTW though

Coingrats man! Welcome to the city. 20 minutes downtown and inland probably puts you in Eastlake, Santee, Mira Mesa, or Miramar I think right? I'm in North Park, much better scene than downtown in my opinion if you're trying to check out some bars.

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 02:33 AM
Coingrats man! Welcome to the city. 20 minutes downtown and inland probably puts you in Eastlake, Santee, Mira Mesa, or Miramar I think right? I'm in North Park, much better scene than downtown in my opinion if you're trying to check out some bars.
I'm in Scripps Poway, which is basically the same as Mira Mesa distance wise. North Park is cool. I was out there the other night.

bdreason
08-23-2015, 04:24 AM
San Diego is a cool place to meet people... because nobody you meet in San Diego, is from San Diego. Lots of cool bars/clubs in the Gaslamp Quarter, but I've personally always preferred the PB area.

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 04:39 AM
San Diego is a cool place to meet people... because nobody you meet in San Diego, is from San Diego. Lots of cool bars/clubs in the Gaslamp Quarter, but I've personally always preferred the PB area.
PB is good if you're into clubbing and stuff. Not really my scene. Lot of bro fights there lol. I find myself downtown mostly just because the bulk of the music scene is there. I dig OB/North Park/La Jolla. Still some areas I haven't hung out yet.

GIF REACTION
08-23-2015, 04:48 AM
Pack a sub machine gun bro. A lot of Mexican immigrant crime violence.

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 04:49 AM
Pack a sub machine gun bro. A lot of Mexican immigrant crime violence.
:roll: maybe if you go to TJ.

GIF REACTION
08-23-2015, 04:51 AM
Pack a machete at least.

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 06:47 AM
Pack a machete at least.
I'll take advice from a legend like you :rockon: I'll pick one up tomorrow

nathanjizzle
08-23-2015, 08:15 AM
Damn youre living the life.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Nice bro, hit up Tijuana one weekend and tell us how it is :rockon:

Also, San Diego isn't as ghetto as some of these posters are claiming lol.

chosen_one6
08-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm in Scripps Poway, which is basically the same as Mira Mesa distance wise. North Park is cool. I was out there the other night.

Haha I work out there. Scripps Poway Parkway is the exit I take every day. Small world.

stalkerforlife
08-23-2015, 12:25 PM
I teach private guitar/piano lessons and play gigs. I've been accumulating some private students while I was staying out here the last few months. Getting students/gigs is actually way easier out here than where i used to live :D

Rock on, bro. I wish I had a special skill. I've been too depressed most of my life to focus on a specific skill. I guess I was pretty good at waiting tables, but most people can do that.

Bless Mathews
08-23-2015, 01:20 PM
My homie visited his auntie in San Diego about 15 years ago and never came back.

He says it's heaven on earth.

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Haha I work out there. Scripps Poway Parkway is the exit I take every day. Small world.
You ever tried Chile Peppers? It's a taco shop out in Scripps and their California burritos are the shit and their hot sauce is the shit. Try it out sometime. Off the same exit you work

J Shuttlesworth
08-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Rock on, bro. I wish I had a special skill. I've been too depressed most of my life to focus on a specific skill. I guess I was pretty good at waiting tables, but most people can do that.
How old are you?

Smoke117
08-24-2015, 06:40 AM
You're in SD? Gross. Then again, you're probably in some poverty area like El Cajon so I probably won't run into your bitch ass.

That mouth is adorable...moronic..but adorable. Don't try to be witty if you can't. Stick to playing your guitar, bro. (or posting endlessly on a basketball forum...oh wait you already do that....)

Also I meant get the **** out of southern california...like i would live in san diego...the crystal meth capital of the world...lol. Stick to clowns like stalkeroflife, kiddo. I'm way out of your league.

Smoke117
08-24-2015, 07:43 AM
You ever tried Chile Peppers? It's a taco shop out in Scripps and their California burritos are the shit and their hot sauce is the shit. Try it out sometime. Off the same exit you work

****ing clown acting like he knows something about mexican food because he's been in southern california for 6 months...come off it, bro. You're a ****ing tourist.

Coach Eddie
08-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Lucky. I want to live in a warmer place.

Thorpesaurous
08-24-2015, 04:34 PM

My buddy is in a local band out there that's staring to get some local radio play called Blue Halas. The music scene really is pretty hopping out there. It is gorgeous, although not enough variation in the weather for my taste. He's in the PB area.

Have fun man.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-24-2015, 04:52 PM
San Diego is definitely an underrated city by most people outside of CA. We think of SF/Bay Area and LA but I've heard from so many Californians that SD is actually a really chill city to live in.

JohnnySic
08-24-2015, 05:05 PM
If I were to move to California I'd go to San Francisco or LA. San Diego is very nice but small-townish. I'm a big city boy. I wear big boy pants. San Diego seems like a nice place to relax and catch up on your sleep.

zoom17
08-24-2015, 05:10 PM
If I were to move to California I'd go to San Francisco or LA. San Diego is very nice but small-townish. I'm a big city boy. I wear big boy pants. San Diego seems like a nice place to relax and catch up on your sleep.

San Diego is the eight biggest city in the US and second biggest in California. Not small-towinsh at all.