View Full Version : anthony Bennett is beasting in FIBA

bobopenguin
08-26-2015, 01:48 AM
http://s14.postimg.org/ynjlnhijj/image.jpg

hey, this guy actually showing up!!
almost a 15/10 guy!!
no excuse for wolves now!

Ricky/Zach/Wiggins/Bennett/Towns.
new OKC! i am actually excited for wolves now!!

bballbball
08-26-2015, 01:53 AM
I hate playing with this motherfuker in NBA2K myCareer. Never finishes point blank lay ups when I hit him with nice dimes and plays shit D. Every opposing PF goes off.

senelcoolidge
08-26-2015, 08:39 AM
This just shows where he's headed...Europe and out of the NBA.

bobopenguin
08-26-2015, 12:56 PM
This just shows where he's headed...Europe and out of the NBA.

or he can just go to Toronto raptors...

FireDavidKahn
08-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Take him please...We couldn't even trade him to Boston with both of our second rounds picks for the 28th pick:lol

Just wait until he plays NBA competition and he will go back to sucking.:facepalm

RidonKs
08-26-2015, 01:25 PM
i really hope bennett winds up on the raptors. though if he plays well and the other guys stick around in minny, i have no doubt his preference will be to ride it out there. exciting times for that squad.

lavine at sg is a definite improvement... he'll probably see way more time there this year after putting up some of the worst advanced stats in the league at point guard.

bennett won't start at all this season. maybe next season. though as a tweener you can make a case he's much more useful being brought off the bench depending on matchups. minny is really deep now that i look at it... it will be interesting, the pressure of fighting for minutes might eat anthony alive again :eek:

hopefully kg isn't too hard on the poor kid

i like him playing next to pek who can find him from the post and dieng who can grab boards and defend.

Twiens
08-26-2015, 02:21 PM
He's gonna be a stud but he needs to be in the right situation. Let him be a scoring 4 next to a defensive center and he'll be a 15/8 type at the very least.

GoRapz
08-26-2015, 02:24 PM
He's gonna be a stud but he needs to be in the right situation. Let him be a scoring 4 next to a defensive center and he'll be a 15/8 type at the very least.

Lets be real dude. Bennett is complete trash

IncarceratedBob
08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
He's still regarded within NBA circles as a lottery ticket type player. He has all the potential in the world, even more than Anthony Davis according to several scouts around the league. The issue with Tony Bennett is he went through a life changing tragedy weeks before the NBA draft and he's never been able to get his mentality in check. Poor kid but he's working with a Juliard-trained menalist/psychiatrist now and I think this is gonna be a breakout year for him.

ZMonkey11
08-26-2015, 03:00 PM
I hate playing with this motherfuker in NBA2K myCareer. Never finishes point blank lay ups when I hit him with nice dimes and plays shit D. Every opposing PF goes off.

I think that is just big play in general man.

I am Atlanta with Al Horford and Paul Milisap. They can't guard the broadside of a barn. And they finish a pick and roll layup with minimal pressure around 40% of the time. I've been trying to get Milisap traded.

RidonKs
08-26-2015, 03:05 PM
He's still regarded within NBA circles as a lottery ticket type player. He has all the potential in the world, even more than Anthony Davis according to several scouts around the league. The issue with Tony Bennett is he went through a life changing tragedy weeks before the NBA draft and he's never been able to get his mentality in check. Poor kid but he's working with a Juliard-trained menalist/psychiatrist now and I think this is gonna be a breakout year for him.
:biggums:
if they haven't been fired...

bdreason
08-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Any kind of success is good for confidence. Let's be honest though, Anthony Bennett's ceiling is Paul Millsap.

BurningHammer
08-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Any kind of success is good for confidence. Let's be honest though, Anthony Bennett's ceiling is Paul Millsap.
Milsap is pretty good, isn't he? Of course he won't be a big-time superstar outside Canada but nobody should expect him to be because he is the 1st pick, in a very weak draft pool.

Hey Yo
08-26-2015, 05:03 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/ynjlnhijj/image.jpg

hey, this guy actually showing up!!
almost a 15/10 guy!!
no excuse for wolves now!

Ricky/Zach/Wiggins/Bennett/Towns.
new OKC! i am actually excited for wolves now!!
Proves that Wiggins was holding him back.

Legends66NBA7
08-26-2015, 08:30 PM

Because he's from Brampton ?

No thanks.

RidonKs
08-26-2015, 08:51 PM
yeah more or less. it'll be a success for him to reach millsap's rebounding numbers, let alone the shotmaking and ballhandling. but he could also put together a career more like rodney rogers, spot up guy with a big body, decent around the paint.

Euroleague
08-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Lets be real dude. Bennett is complete trash

Bennett isn't trash. I like him as a player. He's very skilled and versatile. Evidently he's just lazy or something.

There is no reason for him not to be able to produce. He has plenty of skills.

The only reason why he isn't must be laziness. Nothing to do with him being a bad player though.

gyu
08-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Hopefully FIBA and the pan am games help boost his confidence and that translates to production in the NBA.

el gringos
08-27-2015, 04:39 AM
Bennett isn't trash. I like him as a player. He's very skilled and versatile. Evidently he's just lazy or something.

There is no reason for him not to be able to produce. He has plenty of skills.

The only reason why he isn't must be laziness. Nothing to do with him being a bad player though.
As a minor league fan you pro don't understand how difficult it is for the 6-6- 6-7 type power forwards in the nba. Totally different game than you're used to.

There is still a chance though. Not as a Barkley though but maybe as a Larry Johnson

ImKobe
08-27-2015, 05:17 AM
Always thought he was a skilled player, I'm not surprised he's beasting in FIBA...

I just think he needs to work on his body to compete like this in the NBA

FKAri
08-27-2015, 06:34 AM

This shits gold

JtotheIzzo
08-27-2015, 07:06 AM
I think he is mentally weak, and I think he is working on getting over that.

Jay Triano specifically put him in the Pan Am Games (to feature him) even though most of Canada's NBAers skipped that tourney. Bennett was a leader and his confidence is brewing.

Canada is owning the glass in all these games and Bennett is a big reason why.

A lot of these guys aren't ready at 19 to take on big responsibility and they read the constant negativity and it is crushing.

He WILL come around and this summer will be the turning point.

He looks too damn good to be this damn bad.

CarlosBoozer
08-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Very versatile player, hope he has a big year this upcoming season. I feel this chubby nigguh will prove people wrong.

Levity
08-27-2015, 01:18 PM
certainly a good buy-low time if teams see potential in him. werent they giving him away for a 2nd rd pick last season?

senelcoolidge
08-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Playing against weak, NBA-inferior competition should be a confidence booster until he faces NBA quality players again.

Euroleague
08-27-2015, 01:57 PM
As a minor league fan you pro don't understand how difficult it is for the 6-6- 6-7 type power forwards in the nba. Totally different game than you're used to.

There is still a chance though. Not as a Barkley though but maybe as a Larry Johnson

You are a complete moron. Power forwards in the NBA are smaller than they are in Euroleague in general.

And in general NBA plays much more small ball than is played in Euroleague.

There are very, very, very few power forwards that size, if any at all in Euroleague.

In fact, I can think of only one guy that plays there just some time in a small ball team that is in that size.

NBA is much more small ball oriented than Euroleague is.

NBA is basically becoming a carbon copy of the Italian League.

Your post PROVES you are a freaking idiot and a worthless troll, that posts SOLELY on agenda.

Fallen Angel
08-27-2015, 02:00 PM
certainly a good buy-low time if teams see potential in him. werent they giving him away for a 2nd rd pick last season?
Have you seen his contract

tomtucker
08-27-2015, 02:07 PM

do tell

Rooster
08-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Minor league players like those in Euroleague are mostly soft and unathletic and unfit bums. You don't need to have the NBA athleticism to play the 4 or 5 over there. The last legs of Shelden Williams was posting double double over there like its nothing.:confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
08-27-2015, 03:07 PM
I think he is mentally weak, and I think he is working on getting over that.

Jay Triano specifically put him in the Pan Am Games (to feature him) even though most of Canada's NBAers skipped that tourney. Bennett was a leader and his confidence is brewing.

Canada is owning the glass in all these games and Bennett is a big reason why.

A lot of these guys aren't ready at 19 to take on big responsibility and they read the constant negativity and it is crushing.

He WILL come around and this summer will be the turning point.

He looks too damn good to be this damn bad.
Bolded was always the thing that I thought was holding him back. He's one of those guys that just can't seem to be able to put a bad play or missed shot or turnover behind them. At least in Cleveland, he always looked like he was playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

There's so much ebb and flow to an NBA game, let alone an entire season. You're going to have a bad possession, a bad game... hell, even a bad couple weeks. Even the best players in the league go through slumps. The difference is that they don't allow it to shake their confidence.

AB has the physical tools and the skill to be a good player. Playing on the NBA level, however, takes those things plus confidence. That is the thing Bennett seems to struggle most with. He thinks too damn much.

Euroleague
08-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Minor league players like those in Euroleague are mostly soft and unathletic and unfit bums. You don't need to have the NBA athleticism to play the 4 or 5 over there. The last legs of Shelden Williams was posting double double over there like its nothing.:confusedshrug:

Shelden Williams was cut by every single team he played on in Europe, and he played in horrible teams, many of them in bad leagues and completely insignificant in Europe - like top 300 level teams.

You can stop trolling anytime.

Stu Jackson
08-27-2015, 03:52 PM
the european game is a good watch at the highest levels

the nba is more talented but it is a very good product and a different game. a lot of players who are stars here in the U.S. would not be as big stars there because they cant shoot or play the type of game european sides and coaches reward with minutes and shots