PDA

View Full Version : After watching this video theres no doubt that KD would beat anybody in a 1v1 game

PistonsFan#21
08-26-2015, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Wc71FrhXQ

Only one that actually might stand a chance is Anthony Davis

SAKOTXA
08-26-2015, 10:30 PM
Haren of all people played the best defense

sd3035
08-26-2015, 10:35 PM
I would take prime Durant over anyone who has ever existed 1 on 1

imdaman99
08-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Melo could beat him. He's historically owned him... it was only till OKC got damn good and Knicks became really bad that Durant started winning. Doesn't mean he is better than Durant, just means Durant can't stop him. 1 on 1 with 2 superstars, there's not much defense that can be played to stop the other guy. Hopefully Durant has toned up and gotten stronger though. Should be a great season from him.

DonDadda59
08-26-2015, 10:47 PM

Orlando Shaq crushes anyone who has ever lived in a 1 on 1.

And great to see PG and KD looking healthy. They were missed last season. :applause:

bobopenguin
08-26-2015, 10:50 PM

even shaq or mj?

AnaheimLakers24
08-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Kd weights less than my ********

PistonsFan#21
08-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Orlando Shaq crushes anyone who has ever lived in a 1 on 1.

And great to see PG and KD looking healthy. They were missed last season. :applause:

This video was actually uploaded on November of 2014 :ohwell:

DonDadda59
08-26-2015, 11:17 PM
This video was actually uploaded on November of 2014 :ohwell:

Well... shit. :(

Vaniiiia
08-26-2015, 11:26 PM
KD is the best perimeter player ever

Jordan isn't capable of anything Durant did in this video.

KD can STRETCH you out and pull up on your ass. Yes sir.

el gringos
08-27-2015, 12:32 AM
Melo could beat him. He's historically owned him... it was only till OKC got damn good and Knicks became really bad that Durant started winning. Doesn't mean he is better than Durant, just means Durant can't stop him. 1 on 1 with 2 superstars, there's not much defense that can be played to stop the other guy. Hopefully Durant has toned up and gotten stronger though. Should be a great season from him.
You were right until you explained it. 1 on 1 is completely different than matchups in a 5 on 5 game. Now that Kobe is done (and Kobe/Carmelo would have been close for 10 years- prob Carmelo) Carmelo would win a 1 on 1 tourney of all nba players

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-27-2015, 01:50 AM
This should have been known since 2011....
KD is a top 5 iso player ever

sportjames23
08-27-2015, 01:53 AM
KD is the best perimeter player ever

Jordan isn't capable of anything Durant did in this video.

KD can STRETCH you out and pull up on your ass. Yes sir.

I don't have to watch the video to know you're full of shit.

MJ was destroy KD. KD can't D up MJ, but MJ could D him up.

Bankaii
08-27-2015, 02:10 AM
I don't have to watch the video to know you're full of shit.

MJ was destroy KD. KD can't D up MJ, but MJ could D him up.
If you pulled MJ's dick out your mouth and wiped his *** from your eyes you wouldn't look so stupid.
KD is on par to be a better scorer than MJ. KD would score at will. He has the height and length advantage and his defense has improved tremendously.

Vaniiiia
08-27-2015, 02:21 AM
If you pulled MJ's dick out your mouth and wiped his *** from your eyes you wouldn't look so stupid.
KD is on par to be a better scorer than MJ. KD would score at will. He has the height and length advantage and his defense has improved tremendously.
Rat poison.

3ball
08-27-2015, 03:22 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-27-2015/pnYvNI.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-27-2015/zU1xdh.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-27-2015/ZQEqEe.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-27-2015/yolB66.gif
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-08-2015/cxLte6.gif

I'm glad you posted that shit - I was going to make a thread about that video... Those ****** are garbage... Very poor fundamentals.

In the ENTIRE video, these guys jab-stepped a total of TWO TIMES, both by Harden (at the 3:30 and 4:15 marks) - and they were super weak and lazy jab steps that had zero chance at working.. Not a real jab step.. Seriously, these guys don't know how to jab step.

However, even though the jab-step is a cornerstone of 1-on-1 play, it's not a surprise these guys don't have it - today's player doesn't operate from the pre-dribble stationary position (i.e. triple-threat/post) - you don't need to jab step when you use live dribbles and screen-roll all the time.

But jab-stepping still lays the foundation for any elite 1-on-1 repertoire and MJ had the goat jab step.. It would be cool to watch Jordan eviscerate these guys and watch them start to realize the greatness and stare in awe.. Intimidation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxZgr14TyyI&t=0m21s) would be inevitable.

Durant's jumpshot is sick, but as the video shows, he has no moves out of the triple-threat - he wasn't as bad as paul george, but he was pretty bad.. Everything was a step-back - that's not a move - that's a bailout shot.. So I give Durant props for hitting a bunch of bailout shots - but don't mistake what you saw for actual moves.

Btw, Harden with the cringeworthy midrange at the 3:30 mark.. :facepalm... He should stick to layups and three-pointers.. Looks like he agrees.

SyRyanYang
08-27-2015, 03:25 AM
Jordan still would've beat him no doubt but Durant is definitely up there

2swift4u
08-27-2015, 04:29 AM
Durant is a scary 1 on 1 match-up no doubt! However it's ridiculous how he changes his pivot foot at will or shuffles his feet in this video. i mean c'mon these guys are the best in the world but they just seem to ignore the rules :facepalm

90sgoat
08-27-2015, 07:11 AM
Durant is the real heir apparant to legend status after MJ. Lebron is Moses Malone, Durant is Bird/Magic/MJ type. Durant's skill is off the charts. First player since MJ to have that 'damn how he did that' wow factor.

Dragonyeuw
08-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Wow, you can actually see the 'WTF am I supposed to do?!' body language from George and Harden.

FKAri
08-27-2015, 08:03 AM
This should have been known since 2011....
KD is a top 5 iso player ever

You clearly don't remember how Shawn Marion locked KD up in the clutch in 2011.

kshutts1
08-27-2015, 08:07 AM

Only one that actually might stand a chance is Anthony Davis
Someone in the comments section mentioned that it was "cutthroat" and not "1 on 1". That makes sense, seeing as how the players are rotating, and the guy says "you're only allowed two dribbles".

Vaniiiia
08-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Wow, you can actually see the 'WTF am I supposed to do?!' body language from George and Harden.
Yeah...

George was the best perimeter defender in the world at the time.... and even he is baffled and unsure of himself.

Being that long, that tall, with that sweet of a jump shot just isn't fair...

Pretty sure George died after this video... haven't seen him in the league since

rip

Purch
08-27-2015, 08:29 AM
Yeah...

George was the best perimeter defender in the world at the time.... and even he is baffled and unsure of himself.

Pretty sure George died after this video... haven't seen him in the league since

rip
This was right before he broke his leg

Dragonyeuw
08-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Yeah...

rip

The video just shows you Durant has a better chance at defending your jumpshot than vice versa. Just too much length, accuracy and the quickness of the release. And he's quick enough to contest, so the best best is someone with the iso skills to beat him off the dribble. And George was up in his face on several of those shots. Hell, I think those are great shots if there was no defender, let alone one who's an all-NBA caliber contesting you.

Hit_Em
08-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Couldnt score on tony allen without hand checking but he is the greatest iso scorer of all time...man i hate ish sometimes :facepalm

Joyner82reload
08-27-2015, 09:48 AM
As already mentioned, yes Durant is impossible to beat 1 on 1 if you're playing by 1's and 2's. There is noone that can guard his shot, which he will almost never miss. Yet he can contest anyone's shot on the perimeter and will simply outscore post players(i.e. Shaq) by making 2's to his 1's. The same goes for Jordan, Jordan can't contest Durant's jumper :lol . He might drive by him for dunks when Durant presses on the perimeter, but it won't matter when 2 of Jordan's makes=1 of Durant's.

Joyner82reload
08-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Couldnt score on tony allen without hand checking but he is the greatest iso scorer of all time...man i hate ish sometimes :facepalm

He averaged 30/10/4 55 TS% vs Memphis last year including 35/9 on 68.7 TS% in the Final 2 games:roll:

SOD 21
08-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Kobe was asked a couple of years ago which player would give him the most difficulty in a one-on-one match up and this was was his reply:

Dragonyeuw
08-27-2015, 09:53 AM

Scoring in the flow of a game, expending energy as you would in an NBA competition, and the 1 on 1 game shown here isn't apples to apples. Replace Harden or George with Allen in this video, do you really think he's going to contest those jumpshots any better? George was about as up in his face as you can possibly get, and Durant was hitting em like he was the only person in the gym.

Hit_Em
08-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Scoring in the flow of a game, expending energy as you would in an NBA competition, and the 1 on 1 game shown here isn't apples to apples. Replace Harden or George with Allen in this video, do you really think he's going to contest those jumpshots any better? George was about as up in his face as you can possibly get, and Durant was hitting em like he was the only person in the gym.
Mid 2000's kobe > durant
michael jeffrey jordan > durant
(talking about scoring wise)

Marchesk
08-27-2015, 11:40 AM
As already mentioned, yes Durant is impossible to beat 1 on 1 if you're playing by 1's and 2's. There is noone that can guard his shot, which he will almost never miss. Yet he can contest anyone's shot on the perimeter and will simply outscore post players(i.e. Shaq) by making 2's to his 1's. The same goes for Jordan, Jordan can't contest Durant's jumper :lol . He might drive by him for dunks when Durant presses on the perimeter, but it won't matter when 2 of Jordan's makes=1 of Durant's.

What about prime KG?

Hit_Em
08-27-2015, 11:45 AM
I like lebron over durant in a 1 v 1 honestly

kennethgriffin
08-27-2015, 12:07 PM
theyre forced into taking fade away 3s... the video only shows the times they make shots...

these guys would ****ing lose 11-2 or some shit vs kobe or jordan

a great 1 on 1 player utilizes their footwork to either get a layup or back a guy and take an easy 10 foot fadeaway

Dragonyeuw
08-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Mid 2000's kobe > durant
michael jeffrey jordan > durant
(talking about scoring wise)

What does that have to do with my post?

inclinerator
08-27-2015, 01:10 PM
all it proves is it can go either way

Stu Jackson
08-27-2015, 03:32 PM
would be a good battle kd amazing shooter better range mj best first step from a big guard ever and wet out to 17 feet give me mj

Captvic
08-27-2015, 03:36 PM
watching videos like this really makes you see how good these players really are. Footwork is amazing..

ralph_i_el
08-27-2015, 03:44 PM
theyre forced into taking fade away 3s... the video only shows the times they make shots...

a great 1 on 1 player utilizes their footwork to either get a layup or back a guy and take an easy 10 foot fadeaway

They're doing a drill where they can only take 2 dribbles.

Dragonyeuw
08-27-2015, 04:51 PM

No perimeter player in the history or present of the NBA is going to beat Durant by that margin, especially in a situation where its limited dribbles. Shorter players will need to employ dribbling to create space for a good look, which is why Harden basically couldnt get off a decent shot for the most part, nor George who isnt that much shorter. Meanwhile Durant is going to shoot right over the top of both Kobe and MJ without the need to create space. His space is an extra 4-5 inches in height.

90sgoat
08-27-2015, 05:45 PM
watching videos like this really makes you see how good these players really are. Footwork is amazing..

This :cheers:

I don't know if there is any sport where the skill level between the elite and the average 'good' player is greater. It helps they're very tall too.

I've said it before, but Durant is a once in a lifetime talent. His career arch was on track for a championship in the right time if he hadn't gotten hurt. A horrible coach and a chucking teammate (though also great), but if Durant stays healthy I fail to see how he doesn't rack up championships once Lebron declines (even more) and Duncan retires.

The combination of height and all time great shooting skill is such an asset. If only he could develop somewhat more of a natural alpha dog quality. Truth be told, this should be the last season for the Durant-Westbrook experiment

swagga
08-27-2015, 05:52 PM
jumpers only kd is probably the best 1v1 player ever, up there with peak tmac and peak kobe.

But 1v1 isn't about jumpers, it's about getting to the rack consistently and keeping possession for as long as possible. Any big guy with decent handles (young shaq, young duncan, griffin, etc) and any big wing (lebron, melo, etc) would comfortably beat harden/durant/george in a 1v1 game. That's just how it goes. Anybody who consistently plays 1v1 knows this.

3ball
08-27-2015, 07:19 PM
durant can't beat jordan shooting all bailout shots.

especially not while having to guard jordan.

maybe if he had an elite post game to go with it.. not just an elite repertoire like Kobe, but elite effectiveness/efficiency as well, like Dantley.

Stu Jackson
08-27-2015, 07:20 PM
durant can't beat jordan shooting all bailout shots.

especially not while having to guard jordan.

maybe if he had an elite post game to go with it.. not just an elite repertoire like Kobe, but elite effectiveness/efficiency as well, like Dantley.
kd has a good turnaround

best scorer since the goat mj bar none maybe the second best ever

jzek
08-27-2015, 07:46 PM

I'd take Shaq.

Stu Jackson
08-27-2015, 08:34 PM
I'd take Shaq.
shaq is a great player

3ball
08-27-2015, 08:45 PM
kd has a good turnaround

a lot of guys have "good" turnarounds.. Bird and MJ had a goat turnaround - there's a massive gap there.

a "good" turnaround isn't enough to beat jordan.. and again, he can't beat mj on all bailout shots.

G-train
08-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Whoever is making contested long J's will win a game of one on one, regardless of the opponent.

G-train
08-27-2015, 11:34 PM
I'd take Shaq.

Agreed, if he is allowed to back down as much as he wants, and use his shoulders around the basket, he would be very difficult.
But if Durant started and was making those shots, then he is in trouble.

SamuraiSWISH
08-27-2015, 11:46 PM
And then we see in real games when he gets BODIED with just slight physicality by the likes of small guards like Chris Paul, and Tony Allen. Anyone can get hot and win in one on one. Especially pros. He is virtually unstoppable though given his size, handle, and wet jumper. But he's terrible when faced with physicality.

Marchesk
08-28-2015, 12:05 AM
So Durant would beat prime Barkley 1 on 1?

3ball
08-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Whoever is making contested long J's will win a game of one on one, regardless of the opponent.

^^^ this the exact opposite of the truth.. whoever is taking long, contested two's as their bread-and-butter will LOSE a game of 1-on-1.

the guy who can score in the paint more easily will have greater ability to score whenever they want or need.. the guy taking long, contested J's - he has to hit a long, contested J to score.

anyone that thinks you can win a game of 1-on-1 against a good offensive player by shooting all long, contested J's, doesn't know basketball and has never played themselves.

SwayDizzle
08-28-2015, 03:19 PM
KD is a great 1v1 player but he doesn't have MJ's and Kobe's arsenal of moves.

Dragonyeuw
08-28-2015, 04:23 PM
KD is a great 1v1 player but he doesn't have MJ's and Kobe's arsenal of moves.

No but he has a major height advantage, a wet jumpshot and can shoot up right over the top. His length would bother their jumpshots more tham vice versa, so they're going to have to create space off the dribble or beat him going to the rim. Not saying they couldnt, but those are the dynamics in play in these matchups.

Vaniiiia
08-28-2015, 04:28 PM
No but he has a major height advantage, a wet jumpshot and can shoot up right over the top. His length would bother their jumpshots more tham vice versa, so they're going to have to create space off the dribble or beat him going to the rim. Not saying they couldnt, but those are the dynamics in play in these matchups.
Yeah.

It's like saying LeBron doesn't have as many moves as Steve Nash.

KD doesn't need a "move" to shoot over someone. And we all know he's a much better shooter than MJ or Kobe...

They can have the moves while KD gets the buckets. I'm fine with that.

Stu Jackson
08-29-2015, 12:34 AM
a lot of guys have "good" turnarounds.. Bird and MJ had a goat turnaround - there's a massive gap there.

a "good" turnaround isn't enough to beat jordan.. and again, he can't beat mj on all bailout shots.
bird was great the great white hope

he had a good turnaround too

i think you are underrating kds turnaround jordans was better especially when he unretired but kds might be the best in the league

i think king had a great offensive game too and would do well in one on one

PistonsFan#21
08-29-2015, 11:13 AM
My thread was actually about current NBA players only. If we're talking all time Durant is still a top 5 1v1 player

Akhenaten
08-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Great point made by the poster who said they are only showing makes.

PistonsFan#21
08-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Great point made by the poster who said they are only showing makes.

nah if you actually watched the whole vid you would see that starting at the 2:55 min mark till the end was all uncut footage.