PDA

View Full Version : For the 80's/90's kids... kind of old news, but there's only 3 ninja turtles now

Dr Seuss
08-27-2015, 01:41 PM
A friend recently told me that back in march, the ninja turtles comic book traveled a path we've yet to see... they ended up killing one of the beloved turtles, the brains of their group, Donatello.

Sure, heroes die is comic books from time to time, but killing a MAJOR character, when you only have 4 relevant ones has to be quite the shocker. And to top it off, it was Beebop and Rocksteady who supplied the crushing blow. WTF?!?!

Just wanted to share this punch in the gut to our childhood for all those who care.

Patrick Chewing
08-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Heh, the two turtles I thought would die sooner would be Raphael and Michaelangelo. Raphael was borderline suicidal and Mikey was reckless and careless.

hateraid
08-27-2015, 01:55 PM
RIP The Shredder. AKA Uncle Phil

warriorfan
08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
A friend recently told me that back in march, the ninja turtles comic book traveled a path we've yet to see... they ended up killing one of the beloved turtles, the brains of their group, Donatello.

Sure, heroes die is comic books from time to time, but killing a MAJOR character, when you only have 4 relevant ones has to be quite the shocker. And to top it off, it was Beebop and Rocksteady who supplied the crushing blow. WTF?!?!

Just wanted to share this punch in the gut to our childhood for all those who care.

glass half full im pretty sure almost everyone liked donatello the least

Shade8780
08-27-2015, 01:59 PM
who cares

senelcoolidge
08-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Heh, the two turtles I thought would die sooner would be Raphael and Michaelangelo. Raphael was borderline suicidal and Mikey was reckless and careless.

Yeah, why Don? I guess to make it a tear jerker. I liked all of the Turtles, but Leo always came off as the most bland of the Turtles. Why not Splinter if they are going for that angle?

Dr Seuss
08-27-2015, 02:01 PM
who cares

just nostalgic purposes. youll understand after puberty

Shade8780
08-27-2015, 02:01 PM
ninja turtles are wack