PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace Gets Pissed, Takes Over

Jameerthefear
08-28-2015, 08:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BhuU4LBXRM

BigNBAfan
08-28-2015, 08:26 PM
One of the very few times his anger produced anything good. You had to of been what, 5 year old?

doinitbig06
08-29-2015, 05:00 AM
beautiful basketball.

I still believe this championship pistons team COULD be the Atlanta Hawks ceiling with their current core in place (Horford, Teague, Korver) with good coaching Al Horrors should be the focal point of the offense and SUDDENLY somehow mister Edy Tavares the new tallest man in the NBA btw Develops into a starting center eventually comparable to Rudy Gobert and let Teague and Schr

Smoke117
08-29-2015, 05:43 AM
Sheed could have been a 25ppg scorer for the majority career...if he wanted to be. His turn around in the post was a thing of beauty...and unstoppable because of his length. He was athletic and long as shit and had the skills to go with it...but he just didn't want to shoulder all that responsibilty...it's a shame too. Neither Duncan, Garnett, or Webber were actually great offensive players...the one PF who actually was just didn't want the hastle. He frankly just never wanted to shoulder the load, but he was a more talented and skillrf offensive player than all three in the early to mid 2000s. He was also at the very least a VERY GOOD DEFENSIVE PLAYER and more often than not great. The best post defender during this era for sure.

Coach Eddie
08-29-2015, 05:57 AM
Who did the Pistons give up for him? What a steal.

DCL
08-29-2015, 06:42 AM
doc was losing his shit talking about giving up medvedenko for rasheed wallace :lol

swagga
08-29-2015, 06:43 AM
between sheed and ben wallace nobody wanted to mess with the pistons. lol artest btw :lol

swagga
08-29-2015, 06:46 AM
doc was losing his shit talking about giving up medvedenko for rasheed wallace :lol

doc is one of the most overrated scrubs in the league. A classical uncle tom.

embersyc
08-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Who did the Pistons give up for him? What a steal.

Chucky Atkins
Zeljko Rebraca
Bob Sura

Also gave up Lindsey Hunter, but he got waived and came right back.

Also Pistons got Mike James in that trade, not just Sheed.

After that, the entire league refused to do more trades with Dumars.

Pointguard
08-29-2015, 11:46 AM
If they had drafted Mello or Wade that year, they were a five year dynasty and gotten at least three rings. Even Bosh, which would have nullified the trade for Sheed, but they might win it the next year.

DMV2
08-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Sheed postgame was so smooth and beautiful! :bowdown:

jayfan
08-29-2015, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=doinitbig06]beautiful basketball.

I still believe this championship pistons team COULD be the Atlanta Hawks ceiling with their current core in place (Horford, Teague, Korver) with good coaching Al Horrors should be the focal point of the offense and SUDDENLY somehow mister Edy Tavares the new tallest man in the NBA btw Develops into a starting center eventually comparable to Rudy Gobert and let Teague and Schr

JimmyMcAdocious
08-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Always thought his supposed attitude problems were a bit overblown. He just got a reputation and the refs officiated him and fans judged him by as such. I swear much of the stuff he did, 99% of the league does and they don't get T-ed up. Of course he would do it more frequently, but still... This is the guy who got thrown out for staring down a ref. Get the **** out.

Plus, you listen to how his former teammates spoke of him and they all loved him. I was just watching an old open court and I forgot if it was Webber or Smitty who said Sheed was the best teammate he's ever had. One said it, the other agreed in acknowledgement. And for context, Smitty played around those JailBlazers days and Webber and Sheed played together for one season on a team that didn't even make the playoffs.

bdreason
08-29-2015, 04:34 PM
The floor cam. What a terrible idea that was. :facepalm

Bimbo Coles
09-06-2015, 01:42 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-06-2015/_vGnBu.gif

kurple
09-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Chucky Atkins
Zeljko Rebraca
Bob Sura

Also gave up Lindsey Hunter, but he got waived and came right back.

Also Pistons got Mike James in that trade, not just Sheed.

After that, the entire league refused to do more trades with Dumars.
Iverson

Clifton
09-06-2015, 02:59 PM
I still believe this championship pistons team COULD be the Atlanta Hawks ceiling with their current core in place (Horford, Teague, Korver) with good coaching
The Hawks are special in their own right, but they don't have a leader like Chauncey and they don't have a defensive captain like Big Ben. The thing is... almost nobody does. These are guys in the Jerry West and Bill Russell conversation as far as leadership and intangible impact go (not as good but to have them both on the same team at the same time is powerful indeed).

These Pistons would hold teams under 70 for weeks at a time. Good teams, too. Every guy on that team would knock you to the floor and wrestle you for the ball every trip down. That's the kind of commitment you need for that level of greatness without a superstar on the roster.

I think it's safe to say the Hawks will never win a title without a lot of luck (in the form of injuries, not shots falling). It's not hard to make it out of the East - there's only one other good team - but almost any playoff team in the West, and several non-playoff teams, are their equals or better in a playoff context.

I love the Hawks though. I don't mind if they prove me wrong.