PDA

View Full Version : Smoking marijuana can lower a mans sperm count by a third.

nathanjizzle
08-28-2015, 10:33 PM
Study shows smoking marijuana more than once a week will lower a persons sperm count by a third. Also,study shows that listening to feminine music like the weeknd can cause lost sperm count as well.

http://www.livescience.com/52015-marijuana-lowers-sperm-counts.html?cmpid=514645

Smoking marijuana more than once a week may lower men's sperm counts by about a third, according to a new study.

Researchers found that the men in the study who smoked marijuana more than once a week had sperm counts that were 29 percent lower, on average, than those who did not smoke marijuana, or used the drug less frequently.

The researchers thought that amount of reduction in sperm count "was quite a lot," said study author Tina Kold Jensen, of the University of Copenhagen in Denmark.

GIF REACTION
08-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Good stuff nathan!

Lensanity
08-28-2015, 11:34 PM
If I go 3 days without ejaculating and I jack off it will shoot towards my face, so i don't think it's a big deal if true.

KnittingRyu
08-28-2015, 11:59 PM
If I go 3 days without ejaculating and I jack off it will shoot towards my face, so i don't think it's a big deal if true.

If I have to wait days to ***, that is a huge downfall to weed.

Patrick Chewing
08-29-2015, 12:00 AM
That's alright. As long as I got my diabeetus in check, it's all good. I like all my toes.

PistonsFan#21
08-29-2015, 03:52 AM
:biggums:

You shoot your load toward your face when you jack off? The **** is wrong with you?!?!?

Just some things you do under the influence of weed.
say no to drugs kids

Coach Eddie
08-29-2015, 05:45 AM
Good. I don't want to have any bastards while intoxicated.

kurple
08-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Good, I ain't got time for no babymamas

ISHGoat
08-29-2015, 10:42 AM

semen != sperm

Lensanity
08-29-2015, 10:42 AM

You shoot your load toward your face when you jack off? The **** is wrong with you?!?!?
When laying on my back, usually in bed.

2-3 days without cumming and it usually shoots towards my face. I'm doing fine in the sperm department.

Lensanity
08-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Also, I reported OP to Jeff for using a racist word in the thread title

Lensanity
08-29-2015, 10:54 AM
This study does not take into account that correlation does not equal causation. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for the sperm count differential was diet. Since Cannabis is still an illegal drug, idiots are far more likely to use it than smart people who care about their bodies unless they do the research and find out that it is safe.

Those idiots probably eat Doritos and soda all day while the non smokers eat balanced diets. They don't smoke weed because they care about their bodies and think weed is bad (it isnt).

Diet makes a big impact on sperm count.

~primetime~
08-29-2015, 12:10 PM

:oldlol:

He gives himself a facial.

sundizz
08-30-2015, 11:26 AM
This study does not take into account that correlation does not equal causation. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason for the sperm count differential was diet. Since Cannabis is still an illegal drug, idiots are far more likely to use it than smart people who care about their bodies unless they do the research and find out that it is safe.

Those idiots probably eat Doritos and soda all day while the non smokers eat balanced diets. They don't smoke weed because they care about their bodies and think weed is bad (it isnt).

Have you seen the average American? If they did this study with statistically similar populations (e.g. diet, obesity, genetics, sampling method) with 1+ times of use of smoking per week then your statement is false. Tough to say without knowing more about how this study happened.

In general though the American public already has reduced their manliness (genetically aka sperm counts, testosterone) by a lot due to all the sitting and poor diet. If this exacerbates the problem then it's a non-issue. People are either healthy (10%) or pretty unhealthy (90%) in this country. Not a large middle ground here oddly.

RidonKs
08-30-2015, 11:44 AM
this can't be true

nathanjizzle
08-30-2015, 11:54 AM

decent argument. but the correlation and causation argument means any statistic can be invalid. and if what you are saying is true, perhaps people that are mindful of diet and vitality, do not smoke weed, than that exactly proves the point of the thread, that weed isnt healthy.

DeuceWallaces
08-30-2015, 12:59 PM

They believe it's a direct link with how THC is handled in the testes.

You're fukt.

Lensanity
08-30-2015, 01:11 PM
decent argument. but the correlation and causation argument means any statistic can be invalid. and if what you are saying is true, perhaps people that are mindful of diet and vitality, do not smoke weed, than that exactly proves the point of the thread, that weed isnt healthy.
Wow

Are you actually that dumb? Are you 14 years old? They think it is bad because their parents, teachers, and the government say so. Most people that smoke weed think that all that stuff is true but they don't care. Then there's the group I'm in, people who are educated on Cannabis is and use it because of how harmless it is.

A very very very small percentage of the population is what I would consider well educated on Cannabis. Like maybe less than 1%. We need public education. That's why I preach on this forum.

Lensanity
08-30-2015, 01:13 PM
They believe it's a direct link with how THC is handled in the testes.

You're fukt.
I honestly don't care and probably prefer it. The last thing this world needs is a drug that doubles your sperm count. This is good.

navy
08-30-2015, 01:18 PM
this can't be true
Why?

THC is a drug. It will affect your body in multiple ways. I doubt it's a causation though.

Is 30% lower sperm count something to fear if it is a direct link? Probably not.

DeuceWallaces
08-30-2015, 01:26 PM
I honestly don't care and probably prefer it. The last thing this world needs is a drug that doubles your sperm count. This is good.

I think you're right, the last thing this world needs is a little shit-stain Lensanity child.

GIF REACTION
08-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Nathan is my friend and he owned this thread!

Lensanity
08-30-2015, 01:28 PM
I think you're right, the last thing this world needs is a little shit-stain Lensanity child.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=170&dateline=1385588814

dunksby
08-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Study shows smoking marijuana more than once a week will lower a persons sperm count by a third. Also,study shows that listening to feminine music like the weeknd can cause lost sperm count as well.

http://www.livescience.com/52015-marijuana-lowers-sperm-counts.html?cmpid=514645
Lensanity aims for the mouth, so he don't care.