PDA

View Full Version : People who protest

UK2K
09-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Do you not have a job? I get on the weekends, but... its a Tuesday.

Giaodollo
09-01-2015, 10:41 AM
The unemployment in US of A is at 5.5 % meaning about 16 million citizens in the United States of America are unemployed. That is not accounting the illegals and others. Thereafter you have students, people with part time work, night workers, people that doesn't work on a Tuesday but maybe Wednesday to Sunday and elderly.

See UK2K, not every man or women ahve the same schedule as you. Believe it or not. But even if it was only the unemplyed, 16 million would be able to fill the streets.

UK2K
09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
The unemployment in US of A is at 5.5 % meaning about 16 million citizens in the United States of America are unemployed. That is not accounting the illegals and others. Thereafter you have students, people with part time work, night workers, people that doesn't work on a Tuesday but maybe Wednesday to Sunday and elderly.

See UK2K, not every man or women ahve the same schedule as you. Believe it or not. But even if it was only the unemplyed, 16 million would be able to fill the streets.

So, yes, they dont have a job?

That's all I wanted to know. Trying to figure out how people stand around for days at a time.

Giaodollo
09-01-2015, 10:44 AM
So, yes, they dont have a job?

That's all I wanted to know. Trying to figure out how people stand around for days at a time.

Well I couldn't answer you that. Want me to go take a survey?

But I did give you a couple of plausible scenarios as to why people could go protest on a Tuesday.

UK2K
09-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Well I couldn't answer you that. Want me to go take a survey?

But I did give you a couple of plausible scenarios as to why people could go protest on a Tuesday.

No, I'm with you.

When you break it down like that, it makes sense.

I just saw several protests going on today, and wondered. Obviously night shift people aren't going to be there (sleep during the day, I did it for two years), or students (they have class, I've done that for three years), or the elderly, but unemployed people, I get.

Giaodollo
09-01-2015, 10:54 AM
No, I'm with you.

When you break it down like that, it makes sense.

I just saw several protests going on today, and wondered. [QUOTE]Obviously night shift people aren't going to be there (sleep during the day, I did it for two years) They still have a handful hours of freedom during the day just like dayshift workers have during the evening/night..

, or students (they have class, I've done that for three years)
When I studied architecture I had classes three times a week. I don't think any student is in a class for the whole day.

, or the elderly,Why wouldn't elderly people be able to protest?

Velocirap31
09-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Of course they don't have jobs. That's why they're out protesting and blaming others for their misfortune.

RidonKs
09-01-2015, 11:12 AM
the elderly constitute the most vocal political demographic practically anywhere

UK2K
09-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Of course they don't have jobs. That's why they're out protesting and blaming others for their misfortune.

Hired protesters with the Black Lives Matter movement have started a #CutTheCheck hashtag and held a sit-in at the offices for the successor group to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) in Missouri after the group allegedly stopped paying them.

FrontPage Magazine reports that Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE) has been paying protesters $5,000 a month to demonstrate in Ferguson. Last week, hired protesters who haven’t been paid held a sit-in at MORE’s offices and posted a demand letter online.

For some, protesting is a job.

NumberSix
09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
They do have jobs. They aren't "protesting" for free. How do you think the same "activists" are at all the "protests" in every city?

KevinNYC
09-01-2015, 12:35 PM
The unemployment in US of A is at 5.5 % meaning about 16 million citizens in the United States of America are unemployed.

That is not what 5.5% unemployment means. Your numbers are for 5.5 % of the total population.

The official unemployment is the U-3 number which is defined as U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (http://www.bls.gov/dolfaq/bls_ques23.htm) (official unemployment rate)

So it's not counting the total population. Everyone under 16 doesn't count. Everyone retired doesn't count. If you're in jail or active duty military, you don't count. The civilian labor force is currently 157,106,000 and U3 is 5.3% So that's about 8 million. However, if you add in the folks "marginally attached to the work force it's closer to your figure.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2015, 12:51 PM
I wonder the same thing about people who post right wing talking points all day on basketball message boards.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Lol, guess I wasn't far too far off; just last week:

http://i.imgur.com/0sEJpDo.png

UK2K
09-01-2015, 01:35 PM
Lol, guess I wasn't far too far off; just last week:

http://i.imgur.com/0sEJpDo.png
Im a friendly guy. What can I say?

Giaodollo
09-01-2015, 02:19 PM
That is not what 5.5% unemployment means. Your numbers are for 5.5 % of the total population.

The official unemployment is the U-3 number which is defined as U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (http://www.bls.gov/dolfaq/bls_ques23.htm) (official unemployment rate)

So it's not counting the total population. Everyone under 16 doesn't count. Everyone retired doesn't count. If you're in jail or active duty military, you don't count. The civilian labor force is currently 157,106,000 and U3 is 5.3% So that's about 8 million. However, if you add in the folks "marginally attached to the work force it's closer to your figure.
Yeah right forgot to think about that.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2015, 02:26 PM

I think you're just a guy with no life. At least the protesters are out doing something. You're trying to convert a bunch of 15 year old message board trolls into racist conservatives.

UK2K
09-01-2015, 02:54 PM
I think you're just a guy with no life. At least the protesters are out doing something. You're trying to convert a bunch of 15 year old message board trolls into racist conservatives.

Am I? :oldlol:

Are you ever going to answer my 'open borders' question? Or just keep following me around attacking me to make yourself feel better?

TheMan
09-01-2015, 02:57 PM
I wonder the same thing about people who post right wing talking points all day on basketball message boards.
:lol

KnittingRyu
09-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Do you not have a job? I get on the weekends, but... its a Tuesday.

Some jobs aren't M-F. Some could have Tuesdays off and still have a full time job.

DonDadda59
09-01-2015, 04:15 PM

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/58850207.jpg

longtime lurker
09-01-2015, 04:49 PM
They do have jobs. They aren't "protesting" for free. How do you think the same "activists" are at all the "protests" in every city?

Yeah paying protesters who would do such a thing:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/tea-party-protesters-opposed-to-florida-land-deal-were-mostly-actors-hired-by-big-sugar/

And OP is an idiot for not realizing that people don't work traditional 9-5's or have things called personal days. :confusedshrug: But that was never the intent of this thread was it.

UK2K
09-01-2015, 04:49 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/58850207.jpg

Real ballers can work AND be on the internet. One of the perks of making it in this world.

DonDadda59
09-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Real ballers can work AND be on the internet. One of the perks of making it in this world.

First ju get de money then ju get the power. Then ju post the 5th most times in a week on a message board.

UK2K
09-01-2015, 05:44 PM
First ju get de money then ju get the power. Then ju post the 5th most times in a week on a message board.
5th? I want 1st. Never settle for anything less than the best.

DeuceWallaces
09-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Tough break and back-fire for UK. Makes thread bitching about losers protesting with no job only to discover he's a top 5 loser with no job on basketball message board.

UK2K
09-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Tough break and back-fire for UK. Makes thread bitching about losers protesting with no job only to discover he's a top 5 loser with no job on basketball message board.
Yet you're always thinking of me ;)

TripleA
09-01-2015, 07:23 PM
The Protesters in Portland take this shit seriously.