PDA

View Full Version : Curry or Durant

Nash
09-02-2015, 10:11 AM
So here is a fascinating one with ISH standards. Who is ranked higher?

Durant: 1 MVP
Curry: 1 MVP, 1 ring.

I know who I'd rank higher, but we all know how much ISH loves the rings so..

Vaniiiia
09-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Durant and it's not remotely close.

keep-itreal
09-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Durant is a 6'10 version of Curry

Gotterdammerung
09-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Curry's 2015 Golden State Warriors is easily superior to any version of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but Kevin Durant's 2013-14 MVP season was more dominant than Curry's MVP season.

Curry is a great shooter, quite possibly the best ever, but Durant is a transcendent player like LBJ. He has the same range as Curry, but with a 6' 11" frame, which makes him harder to defend. The dribbling, the quickness, the size, all makes him a tougher matchup physically than Curry. His length allows him to get a shot off over any defender.

Moreover, Durant draws fouls at a higher rate, even better than Harden, and has the athleticism to drive and finish. Durant is one of the finest offensive machines in league history. :cheers:

Achilleas
09-02-2015, 11:01 AM
curry of course

Vaniiiia
09-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Curry's 2015 Golden State Warriors is easily superior to any version of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but Kevin Durant's 2013-14 MVP season was more dominant than Curry's MVP season.

Curry is a great shooter, quite possibly the best ever, but Durant is a transcendent player like LBJ. He has the same range as Curry, but with a 6' 11" frame, which makes him harder to defend. The dribbling, the quickness, the size, all makes him a tougher matchup physically than Curry. His length allows him to get a shot off over any defender.

Moreover, Durant draws fouls at a higher rate, even better than Harden, and has the athleticism to drive and finish. Durant is one of the finest offensive machines in league history. :cheers:
And those are just the physical advantages.

Not even factoring in that Kevin is a far better leader and competitor. Curry's emotional pain tolerance is much lower than Kevin's... and anyone who understands body language can tell you that.

Kevin brings the rest of his teammates up while Curry (when faced with adversity) DOES NOT.

Natureland
09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
At the moment, I think the answer is Durant.

Curry vs. Durant (we don't know what will happen in the future with the two) in terms of peak I believe is very close even if you account for their situations (Warriors were a ridiculously deep team who finally had their potential correctly realized offensively and Curry spearheaded that while Durant had to boost his stats due to Westbrook being out and yet still maintained incredible efficiency).

However when comparing their other years I think Durant begins to gain a clear advantage. I don't think Curry has any years as good as 2012, 2013 and even if you want to play hypothetical 2015 Durant (if he was fully healthy). 2014 Curry is close and I'd probably take him over 2010 & 2011 Durant but where Durant took his game after that separates him from any other year from Curry except 2015.

I believe however Curry's in a great situation to keep building on what he did last year and depending on what we see from Durant might shift the debate. Durant obviously affects a defense in ways few in the league can handle but Curry's warping ability might be even a notch higher in my opinion.

Really it comes down to KD's health. If Durant returns and is himself again, I think he stays ahead of Curry. If he doesn't, then Curry can definitely close the gap.

ekosky
09-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Not even a comparison. :oldlol:

Durant is an all-time great PLAYER, Curry is just an all-time great shooter. Big difference.

Legends66NBA7
09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Not even a comparison. :oldlol:

Durant is an all-time great PLAYER, Curry is just an all-time great shooter. Big difference.

Durant is better, but both will go down as all-time great players.

sd3035
09-02-2015, 01:09 PM
probably Durant due to his height and better defense

chips93
09-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Not even factoring in that Kevin is a far better leader and competitor. Curry's emotional pain tolerance is much lower than Kevin's... and anyone who understands body language can tell you that.

get up off the computer man, you're gonna be late for freshman psychology class :facepalm

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 02:22 PM
AMC 1/1

BMd 0/1

deal with it

bdreason
09-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Not even close.

dazzer87
09-02-2015, 03:52 PM
FT35 over Curry? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SugarHill
09-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Curry is overrated if you're seriously comparing him to Durant as a player or career

DMV2
09-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Durant's MVP was mostly based off his numbers/performance. One of the more memorable MVP seasons in recent years, highlighted by that January game stretch were he was nicknamed the Slim Reaper.

Curry's MVP was 50/50 off his numbers, team's 67 wins, and a bit of that 3-point record. Great season and deserving MVP but not a classic MVP season like Durant's MVP season.

kennethgriffin
09-02-2015, 04:26 PM
durants still ranked higher slightly but only because of tenure

once steph curry gets 7-8 allstar games and 5-6 all nba 1st teams under his belt he'l pass durant all time

its unfair for a guy with only 3 elite seasons under his belt to get a real ranking all time. regardless of their accomplishments

if durant never wins anything. its pretty much automatic that steph curry passes him eventually

curry also gets saved from iggys finals mvp due to winning season mvp during the title year.. even though iggy was a deserving finals mvp. no problem with it. the nba is about matchups

24-Inch_Chrome
09-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Durant by a mile.

kennethgriffin
09-02-2015, 04:36 PM
think of it this way. by the time theyre both retired. if neither guy wins anything else.. but they just stack allstar games/ all nba teams... their careers will resemble:

charles barkley for durant

all time great scoring power forward/mvp/ 0 for 1 in nba finals/ not alpha

oscar robertson for steph curry ( minus the rebounds )

all time great scoring point guard/mvp/title without fmvp/ 1 for 1 in nba finals

barkleys around top 20, oscars around top 12-13

durant will end up top 20-21.. right after the karl malones/charles barkleys of the world

curry will end up top 16-17.. right after the julius ervings/bob pettits of the world

SugarHill
09-02-2015, 04:42 PM
I'd still put Durant over him because he's quite clearly the better player. Couldn't care less GSW won a championship. It wasn't like Curry carried them. It's all about circumstances and you could argue their entire run featured injured teams which played a big part

ralph_i_el
09-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Durant.
Both are great though. Durant has all-time great scoring potential

NumberSix
09-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Well, the both have an MVP. Curry has a ring, but it's a sidekick ring. Durant has the scoring titles, if anybody cares about that.

JohnMax
09-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Curry = Tom Brady

Durant = Peyton Manning

24-Inch_Chrome
09-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Curry = Tom Brady

Durant = Peyton Manning

Not even close. Curry can be Eli.

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 05:08 PM

Nash is a poor man's Tony Romo

SugarHill
09-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Curry like Russ Wilson

24-Inch_Chrome
09-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Nash is a poor man's Tony Romo

http://i.imgur.com/36G14Bk.gif

Curry like Russ Wilson

Also a good comparison. :applause:

Bay Area Baller
09-02-2015, 05:20 PM
eez not gona matta wen Durrant signs width teh Bay Area W's :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Curry like Russ Wilson

racist

in the closet wilson isn't the most skilled player in the NFL winning MVPs

houston
09-02-2015, 05:32 PM
durant of course

ekosky
09-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Curry is a poor man's Durant, that's lightskin, much shorter and less talented.

Let's put it that way.

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 07:21 PM
the way people try marginalize and belittle the accomplishment of leading your team to a championship is absolutely pathetic

"we know ISH loves rings".. yeah no fuccing shit you moron, that's the whole point of the game..

TiagoSimoes
09-02-2015, 07:29 PM
the way people try marginalize and belittle the accomplishment of leading your team to a championship is absolutely pathetic

"we know ISH loves rings".. yeah no fuccing shit you moron, that's the whole point of the game..

But then again, championships arent won by 1 players. And durant without the injuries in OKC in the past few seasons could have possibly have won on. Many things are a factor in winning, and GSW had their fair share of luck last season(competition with injuries, no injuries on their side), even thought they had an amazing season.

Like many said before, durant is quite clearly the better individual player, unlike curry, he has top 20/15 potential. May i remind you all that durant is younger than curry(5/6 months), and in his third season he was 2nd in mvp voting with 21 y/o.

Durant's mvp was based on a monster season where he carried OKC on his back for a big part of the season. Curry despite his great season, wasnt the nba's best individual player(harden,LBJ,davis IMO were better), and won his mvp and title, not only because of his play, but largely because of the team backing him up.

Curry is amazing, but lets not overrate him, he is barely a top 5 player in today's nba

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Curry is amazing, but lets not overrate him, he is barely a top 5 player in today's nba

see this type of stuff is just a fuccing joke

he literally draws more defensive attention that anybody in the current NBA, just won MVP while leading his team to a championship while breaking the 3pt record in the post season and you want to say he's barely even top 5 in the league..

the guy just completely massacres great defensive teams and kill their morality by hitting crazy contested jumpers that are well defended on a regular basis

Durant had healthy championship contending teams in 10, 11, 12, and 2014, while playing with a player better than anybody Curry has ever had beside him..

KD arguably doesn't draw as much attention on offense, i've never seen a player get defended like Curry does, they trap and double team this guy like 40ft away from the basket..

Does KD get open looks for Ibaka and WB by just simply standing past the three point line like Curry does for Greene and Iggy.. nope..

Curry is severely underrated, maybe people don't want to believe that a small little light skinned dude who doesn't dunk can dominate like he does, but he does dominate..

Kerr must love coaching the guy, you can basically put him anywhere on the court, with or without the ball, and he's going to dramatically open up the floor for every teammate he has..

the best offense in the league is built around Curry, the most efficient offense in the league is built around Curry, the 67 win team that has some of the best offense of all time... is yup.. built around Curry

yall need to wake up and give this guy his deserved props..

Clifton
09-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Durant is a 6'10 version of Curry
This is a really good comment.

I think we can pretty much end the conversation there. It almost sounds like a fantasy: "Take Stephen Curry. OK, now make him 8 inches taller." It's like saying, "Take Jason Kidd, give him Steve Nash's jumpshot," or "Take Shaq, give him Wilt's stamina and make him shoot free throws like Yao Ming," or "Take Bill Walton and give him Karl Malone's health and longevity."

Durant will be a top-15 player ever when he retires.

Steph Curry will be a legend in his own right, but Durant is in the Jerry West, Dr. J conversation - or will be, a decade from now.

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 07:57 PM

he literally draws more defensive attention that anybody in the current NBA, just won MVP while leading his team to a championship while breaking the 3pt record in the post season and you want to say he's barely even top 5 in the league..

the guy just completely massacres great defensive teams and kill their morality by hitting crazy contested jumpers that are well defended on a regular basis

Durant had healthy championship contending teams in 10, 11, 12, and 2014, while playing with a player better than anybody Curry has ever had beside him..

KD arguably doesn't draw as much attention on offense, i've never seen a player get defended like Curry does, they trap and double team this guy like 40ft away from the basket..

Does KD get open looks for Ibaka and WB by just simply standing past the three point line like Curry does for Greene and Iggy.. nope..

Curry is severely underrated, maybe people don't want to believe that a small little light skinned dude who doesn't dunk can dominate like he does, but he does dominate..

Kerr must love coaching the guy, you can basically put him anywhere on the court, with or without the ball, and he's going to dramatically open up the floor for every teammate he has..

the best offense in the league is built around Curry, the most efficient offense in the league is built around Curry, the 67 win team that has some of the best offense of all time... is yup.. built around Curry

http://i.imgur.com/jnIRkOZ.gif

ekosky
09-02-2015, 08:09 PM
But then again, championships arent won by 1 players. And durant without the injuries in OKC in the past few seasons could have possibly have won on. Many things are a factor in winning, and GSW had their fair share of luck last season(competition with injuries, no injuries on their side), even thought they had an amazing season.

Like many said before, durant is quite clearly the better individual player, unlike curry, he has top 20/15 potential. May i remind you all that durant is younger than curry(5/6 months), and in his third season he was 2nd in mvp voting with 21 y/o.

Durant's mvp was based on a monster season where he carried OKC on his back for a big part of the season. Curry despite his great season, wasnt the nba's best individual player(harden,LBJ,davis IMO were better), and won his mvp and title, not only because of his play, but largely because of the team backing him up.

100% correct.

All of the top 5 lists that i've seen, even AFTER GSW won the title, he was hovering around the 4-7 range, usually just outside the top 5.

I'd easily take LeBron, Durant, Davis, Harden, Westbrook, and CP3 over him. Any day of the week.

Legends66NBA7
09-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Durant had healthy championship contending teams in 10, 11, 12, and 2014

The 2010 Thunder were a championship contending team ?

zoom17
09-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Durant better player on a worse team last year. Curry best player on the best team.

TiagoSimoes
09-02-2015, 09:16 PM
100% correct.

All of the top 5 lists that i've seen, even AFTER GSW won the title, he was hovering around the 4-7 range, usually just outside the top 5.

I'd easily take LeBron, Durant, Davis, Harden, Westbrook, and CP3 over him. Any day of the week.

Curry is my 4th after KD,LBJ and AD(no order), but in my opinion its pretty arguable

KG215
09-02-2015, 09:23 PM
The 2011 Thunder weren't really a legit contender either. Or at least not a team anyone should discredit Durant for not leading to a championship. They were already crazy young by "championship contender" standards in 2012 and were obviously even younger in 2011.

It's already been pointed out in this thread, but I also wonder how many people were aware that Durant is actually younger than Curry.

Vaniiiia
09-02-2015, 09:28 PM

Damn man, I hate to see you like this.

I always knew you were sorta delusional about the game, but I never really payed attention until now. this is just an absolute disaster from top to bottom.

Do you actually think Curry is a better player? :lol You implied as much.

I honestly thought you were smarter than this.

red1
09-02-2015, 09:28 PM
troll thread. if you take curry over durant you don't know basketball. only a slight exaggeration

Legends66NBA7
09-02-2015, 09:30 PM
The 2011 Thunder weren't really a legit contender either. Or at least not a team anyone should discredit Durant for not leading to a championship. They were already crazy young by "championship contender" standards in 2012 and were obviously even younger in 2011.

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't hold 11 or 12 against Durant and the Thunder.

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 09:41 PM

the 2010 Thunder gave the eventual champs everything they could handle and then some..

2011 they made the WCF and lost to the eventual champs..

I don't hold 2010 or 2011 against Durant for not winning a championship but to act like he hasn't played with tons of talent and on some really good teams is ridiculous, we can't keep using WB injury in 2013 and act like that happened every year..

2012 though.. well I can confidently say that Curry had more influence on the outcome of every game in the finals than Durant did in his finals.. Curry demanded attention every second he was on the court even when he wasn't shooting well he still demanded the defenses attention.. and when he was off he kept shooting to keep the defense honest.. he never just backed down and played passive like KD did during some stretches of the 2012 finals..

there were times during the 2012 finals that I forgot KD was on the court, he put up some great numbers but his impact was a lot less than what his stat line would suggest..

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Let me know when Durant leads an offense as good as GSW with Klay Thompson as his best teammate. :oldlol:

He had opportunity to play with 3 of the top 5 offensive players in the league (Westbrook, Harden, Himself) and couldn't do what AMC has done.

Meanwhile AMC lights it up with a historically great offense with his second and third options being Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. AMC doesn't need to piggy back off GOATbrook for his results.

Why has Durant been not part of a top ranked defensive team?

PG Westbrook = elite defender
SG Sefalosha = elite defender
SF Durant = supposedly elite defender but bad in reality
PF Ibalka = elite defender
C Perkins = above average defender.

If Durant is half as good as a defender as he is supposed to be than OKC should of had number 1 ranked defenses... But it doesn't pan out that way.

Durant has had stacked teams his entire career and has never managed to do anything meaningful with it. He leads mediocre offenses and defenses while being surrounded with talent and has nothing to show for it except for some pretty stats. When you guys wake up and smell the coffee you will realize that Kevin Durant is Carmelo Anthony part II.

ekosky
09-02-2015, 09:48 PM
What. A. Meltdown.

Wow.

bizil
09-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Curry is EPIC, but u gotta go KD. He's likely the best shooter AND ball handler we have ever seen from a guy that tall. He can play SG, SF, and PF as well. Plus he's evolved into a great rebounding SF and a very good passing SF.

This is a case where versatility is a tiebreaker. Because at 6'3, Curry blends shooting, handles, and passing better than anybody. U could argue Nash and Mark Price, but Curry is a more dominant scorer. KD on the other hand redefined the SF position. Better player or peak wise (even though KD hasn't really peaked yet), the only SF's I would take over him are Bird and Bron.

Lebron23
09-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Give me Kevin Durant. Markmadsen became a Curry stan because Kobe is washed up. I know you are going to disregard LeBron, and Durant's championship if they beat several injured team in the playoffs and finals.

I hate your double standard. And you are Mr. KNow it all.

Vaniiiia
09-02-2015, 09:52 PM
What. A. Meltdown.

Wow.
I don't think they realize how unconvincing and dumb they sound. Certain lack of awareness from those two.

No credible bball mind will agree with them. It's crazy how some people get it but others dont have a clue.

Lebron23
09-02-2015, 09:53 PM
2012 Heat and 2012 OKC thunder would beat the 2015 Warriors. Cavs were able to win 2 games with a past his peak LeBron, and a bunch of role players.

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 09:55 PM
2012 Heat and 2012 OKC thunder would beat the 2015 Warriors. Cavs were able to win 2 games with a past his peak LeBron, and a bunch of role players.

Woulda coulda shoulda, excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink, some are more stretched out than others however. (i.e. LeBron23).

AnaheimLakers24
09-02-2015, 09:57 PM
1/1 > 0/1

Lebron23
09-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Woulda coulda shoulda, excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink, some are more stretched out than others however. (i.e. LeBron23).

Go F*ck yourself. You F*cking fraud, and post with your real account D1ckface.

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Go F*ck yourself. You F*cking fraud, and post with your real account D1ckface.

meltdown

Lebron23
09-02-2015, 10:02 PM
meltdown

You are real14. same posting style, and both rides Kobe.

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Give me Kevin Durant. Markmadsen became a Curry stan because Kobe is washed up. I know you are going to disregard LeBron, and Durant's championship if they beat several injured team in the playoffs and finals.

I hate your double standard. And you are Mr. KNow it all.

define shook :oldlol: :oldlol:

I'm not disregarding Durant at all, I like KD, he's a great player.. but to act like this is a landslide in the favor of KD is absurd..

the only double standard here is that bran stans such as yourself want to discredit Curry for playing a team with major injuries, aka having his biggest competition eliminated due to injury..

yet at the same time you'll never see bran stans such as yourself saying shit like "we really should take into consideration that Rose was hurt in 2012 and WB was hurt in 2013" when talking about brans championships..

here we are again ISH, it's almost like we are back in pre lebron championship time where "rings" is a dirty word around here..

SugarHill
09-02-2015, 10:30 PM
define shook :oldlol: :oldlol:

I'm not disregarding Durant at all, I like KD, he's a great player.. but to act like this is a landslide in the favor of KD is absurd..
Is Curry arguably better than Kobe?

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Is Curry arguably better than Kobe?

at this point in time of course he is

SugarHill
09-02-2015, 10:41 PM
at this point in time of course he is
http://img.pandawhale.com/97033-key-and-peele-laughing-gif-I-s-gGR5.gif

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 10:42 PM
if you think that comparing Curry vs KD's career to this point is anywhere in the same ball park as comparing Curry vs Kobe's entire career then I really don't know what to tell you

that is really really dumb

SugarHill
09-02-2015, 10:45 PM
if you think that comparing Curry vs KD's career to this point is anywhere in the same ball park as comparing Curry vs Kobe's entire career then I really don't know what to tell you

that is really really dumb
fvck a career really. We talking players. Your whole post was about Curry as a player right now. I mean, when you were talking about Curry doing all that, it was about his form in 2015 and how he dictated the offense and had a gravity, etc. Were you not implying that he was a more valuable or at least arguably more valuable than a Kevin Durant? So what about Kobe?

bizil
09-02-2015, 10:52 PM
One thing that's in KD's favor is the fact that he's going to have 2-3 inches on the SF's he faces most nights. If u put a PF on him, THAT'S REALLY TROUBLE!! So as great as Steph is, he isn't a matchup nightmare in terms OF SIZE AND SKILL like KD. Bron at 6'8 and 250-260 is also a matchup problem too size wise at the SF.

Anytime u can overwhelm with size AND skill at your position, its really hard to top. It's a HUGE REASON why Bird and Magic were so dominant in their heyday at the SF and PG respectively.

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 11:07 PM
fvck a career really. We talking players. Your whole post was about Curry as a player right now. I mean, when you were talking about Curry doing all that, it was about his form in 2015 and how he dictated the offense and had a gravity, etc. Were you not implying that he was a more valuable or at least arguably more valuable than a Kevin Durant? So what about Kobe?

look i had this really long answer typed out explaining everything, but I'll just keep this simple for you..

if we are years down the line and Curry continues to have the impact he had last year, if he keeps adjusting year after year as defenses continue to try and find new ways to stop him while also continuing to open up the entire floor for his teammates and putting up numbers like he did in this post season (28/5/6) while winning championships in consecutive years then his impact will have been proven to be a consistent all time great level.. at that point of course he would be argued as being impactfull as Kobe, Bird and other all time greats who have done the same thing

TheMarkMadsen
09-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Kobe and others have proven that they can win multiple championships with their style while maintaining that type of consistency for around a decade..

If 10 years from now Curry has led multiple teams to championships, continues putting up big numbers and proves he has the impact to win multiple championships then he's going down as an all time great player regardless of what I think..

If KD proves that he can win a championship, then they next hurdle will be to do it again, and again, because that's what the GOATs do when they are on teams capable of winning a championship..

KD plays with a player who most people on ISH would say is better than the current MVP, it's not like he won't be playing on a team that doesn't have enough talent to win... we shall see what happens.. I'd be surprised if he ends up ringless, but then again I was surprised/dissapointed by how he played in the 2012 finals..

Curry chucking to find his rhythm in the second half of game 3 after like 6 quarters of awful shooting ended up being fuccing huge for the warriors.. they never looked back after Curry got his confidence back.. to me that was huge.. most players wouldn't have kept shooting in that situation.. and although it might have hurt them for that game, it set them up for success in the others.. and that is something a lot of players wouldn't do if they their shot was off in a big game..

ekosky
09-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Kevin Durant is better
We already know that, Marky.

warriorfan
09-02-2015, 11:49 PM

You are talking players. Talking about the same player who has accomplished less with a better cast? Curry won a chip with a team built around him and lead a top ranked offense and defense with his second and third best players being Birdfed Thompson and DrayDOG. Give Curry a top 10 player like Westbrook and he will give you a dynasty.

jstern
09-03-2015, 12:00 AM
It would have been interesting to see how current ISH poster would rank them, if KD and SC both played in the 80s and they have never seen them play. I assume SC would be the winner.

Bankaii
09-03-2015, 02:52 AM
You are talking players. Talking about the same player who has accomplished less with a better cast? Curry won a chip with a team built around him and lead a top ranked offense and defense with his second and third best players being Birdfed Thompson and DrayDOG. Give Curry a top 10 player like Westbrook and he will give you a dynasty.
0/11 FMVP votes. Literally not one person voting thought he was the most impactful player on his own team, let alone the court.
Curry didn't accomplish jack shit until Klay and Draymon upped their games, as well as Kerr coming in to add structure to the offense. Add in Iggy to lead the team and playing against all injured competition and you have the most stacked team in the league.

And lol at leading defense. Curry is the biggest liability of GSW starting lineup.
He arguably isn't even top 5 in the league.

Kobe_6/8
09-03-2015, 03:02 AM
Durant. He has potential to make the top 10 GOAT list.

BuffaloBill
09-03-2015, 03:06 AM
Durant's MVP was mostly based off his numbers/performance. One of the more memorable MVP seasons in recent years, highlighted by that January game stretch were he was nicknamed the Slim Reaper.

Curry's MVP was 50/50 off his numbers, team's 67 wins, and a bit of that 3-point record. Great season and deserving MVP but not a classic MVP season like Durant's MVP season.

You know you had a good month when you get a new nickname

warriorfan
09-03-2015, 03:28 AM
0/11 FMVP votes. Literally not one person voting thought he was the most impactful player on his own team, let alone the court.
Curry didn't accomplish jack shit until Klay and Draymon upped their games, as well as Kerr coming in to add structure to the offense. Add in Iggy to lead the team and playing against all injured competition and you have the most stacked team in the league.

And lol at leading defense. Curry is the biggest liability of GSW starting lineup.
He arguably isn't even top 5 in the league.

Congrats for knowing so little about basketball you have to resort to ESPN and bleacher report to tell you what happened. Anyone who knows basketball knows that Steph Curry was the most valuable player during the finals. You stans can keep following your ESPN garbage though.

raprap
09-03-2015, 03:39 AM
Kobe stans choosing Curry to support their ring argument. OP did he's job well. :applause:

kennethgriffin
09-03-2015, 04:12 AM
Kobe stans choosing Curry to support their ring argument. OP did he's job well. :applause:

actually i chose durant

i said when currys career catches up to durant in terms of tenure itel be hard to argue durant over steph

which is true

which is better?

10 allstar games
8 all nba teams
1 mvp
1 championship as leading scorer

or

14 allstar games
12 all nba teams
1 mvp
1 finals loss

Bankaii
09-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Congrats for knowing so little about basketball you have to resort to ESPN and bleacher report to tell you what happened. Anyone who knows basketball knows that Steph Curry was the most valuable player during the finals. You stans can keep following your ESPN garbage though.
Nah we all saw Curry choke and get locked up multiple games by a bench player.
The funny thing is that if he had one FMVP you wouldn't be calling it crap.
He was the best player on his team and closer but Iggy was the most consistent and valuable player.
Defense is a part of basketball, dumbass. Curry let an injured Kyrie put up 23/7/6 on good effecincy and a bench player go off 20(Klay did gaurd him some too). Meanwhile Iggy played DPOY defense on the best player on the planet.
Deal with it.

Inferno
09-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Durant's clearly the better player, but Curry's doing more than fine with GS

Vaniiiia
09-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Durant's clearly the better player, but Curry's doing more than fine with GS
Finally a reasonable response from a Curry fan.

:applause:

ekosky
09-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Finally a reasonable response from a Curry fan.

Inferno's the man.

Love the little guy.

Come to think of it, his opinion matters more than any other bandwagoning Curry stan/Warrior fan in this thread.

warriorfan
09-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Nah we all saw Curry choke and get locked up multiple games by a bench player.
The funny thing is that if he had one FMVP you wouldn't be calling it crap.
He was the best player on his team and closer but Iggy was the most consistent and valuable player.
Defense is a part of basketball, dumbass. Curry let an injured Kyrie put up 23/7/6 on good effecincy and a bench player go off 20(Klay did gaurd him some too). Meanwhile Iggy played DPOY defense on the best player on the planet.
Deal with it.

meltdown

Rocketswin2013
09-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Curry's had one elite year, Durant has had at least 3. But '15 Curry, even with the very favorable circumstances could approach most Durant seasons, if not match them, in terms of impact and ability. I don't even like Curry but I'm not about to act like he didn't regular season peak as high as Magic Johnson(A guy with beyond favorable circumstances since day one), and topped it off with a really good, mostly consistent, deep postseason run.

Bankaii
09-03-2015, 03:54 PM
I just got my shit pushed in. Let me say a generic lane comeback to compensate for my bitchass. 0/11.

eeeeeebro
09-03-2015, 10:59 PM
curry