PDA

View Full Version : Is Mexico the world's biggest failed country?

9erempiree
09-03-2015, 04:01 AM
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto in his state of the union last night, he admitted to that there is distrust and fear over the state of Mexico. Bad economy, corruption and the country's crime has led to anger. No surprise here.

http://news.yahoo.com/mexicos-president-acknowledges-distrust-fear-191837540.html

Pena Nieto began the annual speech by mentioning the disappearance of 43 students in 2014, and the escape of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

"The last year has been a difficult one for Mexico," he said. "Our country has been deeply wounded by a series of regrettable cases."

"Complaints about conflicts of interest and corruption ... have created anger and indignation in Mexican society," he said. One of the highest profile cases involved First Lady Angelica Rivera's purchase of a mansion from a government contractor. She later returned the house.

He also noted that the economy was a major source of concern. Prices for Mexico's oil exports are at low levels, and the Mexican peso has fallen about 30 percent against the U.S. dollar over the last year. Two million more Mexicans entered poverty from 2012 to 2014.

Crazy numbers...

Pena Nieto's own approval ratings have fallen as well, from 55 percent in August 2014 to about 35 percent one year later, according to a Buendia&Laredo poll published Tuesday. It had a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.

I think for a ethnic population that is so proud of their heritage and history should stand up to their very own government. Fleeing the country is the last thing to do against these corrupted Mexican government.

For those that don't know, this is their president.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1211895!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/mexico-president.jpg

He looks more like a light skinned Spaniard that only cares about himself than the brown vatos.

Bald Eagle looms.

BasedTom
09-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Haiti

Nick Young
09-03-2015, 04:08 AM
I would say Liberia.

9erempiree
09-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Mexico's southern border to prevent immigrants from going into their country.....
http://a12iggymom.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/mexicos-southern-border-fence.jpg
http://m.snopes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/guatemala-border-fence.jpg

This is why we need Mexico's help with the proposed wall. They know what they are doing.

DCL
09-03-2015, 05:53 AM
there are actually a ton of rich people in mexico city, the capital. it's a totally different world over there. modern developments, high tech buildings, and all that. the richest man in the world used to be carlos slim, a mexican.

9erempiree
09-03-2015, 06:59 AM
there are actually a ton of rich people in mexico city, the capital. it's a totally different world over there. modern developments, high tech buildings, and all that. the richest man in the world used to be carlos slim, a mexican.

Nobody said it was 3rd world even though it feels like one. At this rate, they will reach that status.

Not too long ago, Mexico was the richest nation on the continent.

aj1987
09-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Nobody said it was 3rd world even though it feels like one. At this rate, they will reach that status.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Mexico is not a 3rd world country?

DCL
09-03-2015, 09:17 AM

in terms of nominal GDP, mexico is the 15th biggest in the world, just 4 slots below canada.

but when you calculate GDP per capita, mexico is actually ahead of china, which is considered the #2 economy in the world.

the living standards of the average mexican outside of mexico city is obviously not too high compared to americans, but when your GDP is the 15th in the world and your GDP capita is above china's, your position is hardly anywhere near the worst in the world. have you seen countries in africa where people can't even afford something as basic as shoes?

UK2K
09-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Take the majority of countries in Africa and the ME, and you can pretty much make a 'worst of the planet' places to live.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-25-most-failed-states-on-earth-2013-6?op=1

DCL
09-03-2015, 09:29 AM
and when you talk about big, are you referring to the size of population?

indonesia, pakistan, bangladesh, and nigeria all have populations bigger than mexico, and if you thought the average mexican was poor, you should check out how those other folks live.

they make tijuana look like manhattan.

aj1987
09-03-2015, 09:36 AM

indonesia, pakistan, bangladesh, and nigeria all have populations bigger than mexico, and if you thought the average mexican was poor, you should check out how those other folks live.

India is the kinda the same. The big cities and even the towns are kinda nice, but once you go to the villages, you'll see how ~30% of the population actually lives.

Dbrog
09-03-2015, 09:50 AM
I love when Mexicans defend their country so hard and bash the US...WHILE THEY ARE LIVING IN THE US! It's like...why do you think your family came here? Sure there are some beautiful towns and it's really a great place if you have money and know certain areas to live. For the rest of them it's a shithole though. There's a reason cartels are so big there. They have a SHITTON of poor people and corruption. I mean shit, you can just straight pay police off there...or they could shoot you where you stand and nothing will be done about it. Many of their small towns basically pay taxes to the cartels. For instance I have a friend who's dad is still there and runs a bakery. It's not uncommon for the cartels to come by and "ask" for money. The people who consistently are killed. It's laughable to compare it to the US in terms of safety and politics.

Nick Young
09-03-2015, 11:02 AM

Mexico is definitely 3rd world. Every country has a tiny percentage or rich people, even really shit ones like Benin and Lesotho.

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2015, 11:08 AM
That's what they get for charging $.99 for a taco.

senelcoolidge
09-03-2015, 12:32 PM
If I were Mexican I would feel ashamed. I would be embarrassed. They need to fix their country. How can you take pride in freeloading from others.

BigNBAfan
09-03-2015, 06:41 PM
If I were Mexican I would feel ashamed. I would be embarrassed. They need to fix their country. How can you take pride in freeloading from others.

easy, be mexican. they have no shame

Nick Young
09-03-2015, 06:46 PM

Why are you talking about Tijuana fool? Mexico City has a higher population than any of the cities in those countries you listed.:facepalm

Nick Young
09-03-2015, 06:48 PM
They're ruining the good image of the eagle.
Fair point. They should switch to just the snake or a quetzecoatl or something. They aren't living up to the standard the bald eagle set for the world. Mexican eagle can't even beat a baby baldy.

http://www.bingoforpatriots.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bald-Eagle-9.jpg

ThePhantomCreep
09-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Not even close.

TripleA
09-03-2015, 11:22 PM
Why are you talking about Tijuana fool? Mexico City has a higher population than any of the cities in those countries you listed.:facepalm

Lagos, Nigeria has a populations of over 20 million.
Dhaka, Bangladesh has a population of 14 million.
Jakarta has over 9 million.
and the largest city in pakistan has a bigger population.

senelcoolidge
09-04-2015, 12:52 AM
http://8020.photos.jpgmag.com/388940_100195_b820ac1812_l.jpg
Mexican Eagle
vs.
http://fineartamerica.com/images/contestlogos/logo1-the-american-flag-and-the-american-bald-eagle.jpg

America the Glory

DCL
09-04-2015, 02:22 AM

are you talking out of your ass or just trolling?

go check again.

ThePhantomCreep
09-04-2015, 02:30 AM
You guys are aware that most of those "Merica" memes are mocking in tone, yes?

9erempiree
09-04-2015, 02:34 AM
You have to remember a lot of those failed countries don't have the luxury and the history of Mexico. Mexico was once a very prosperous nation and they are also the neighbors to the United States. How can you possibly let your government/country go down the toilet like that. There fall from grace is actually worse than 3rd world countries that never got to sustain what they've had.

It's like if Canada went down the shitter too. It's not going to happen as long as they just keep 'doing Canada'. All Mexico had to do was 'do Mexico' and they even failed at it.