PDA

View Full Version : Best Basketball Bodies

ralph_i_el
09-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Completely forget about skill and talent. I want you to tell me who has the best body for the sport at each position. Grade players on:

Height
Length
Agility
Quickness
Strength
Speed
Hand size
Durability
Leaping ability

PG: John Wall
SG: Andrew Wiggins
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Andre Drummond

Second team

PG: Westbrook
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF: Durant (or Kawhi)
PF: LeBrizzle
C: Hassan Whiteside

aj1987
09-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Completely forget about skill and talent. I want you to tell me who has the best body for the sport at each position. Grade players on:

Height
Length
Agility
Quickness
Strength
Speed
Hand size
Durability

Second team

Replace Wall with WB and Davis with LeBron.

WB beats Wall at almost everything. Davis only has height and length on LeBron. Probably hand size as well.

Add leaping ability.

ralph_i_el
09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Replace Wall with WB and Davis with LeBron.

WB beats Wall at almost everything. Davis only has height and length on LeBron. Probably hand size as well.

Add leaping ability.

Wall is taller, longer, and faster than WB. WB is stronger and more explosive. It's pretty much a draw IMO.

LeBron 5 years ago would have been above Davis imo.

RidonKs
09-04-2015, 11:21 AM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/EarlBoykins.jpg

Ca$H
09-04-2015, 11:49 AM
http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/EarlBoykins.jpg

LOL. Looks like Boykins could give Yao a BJ while standing up.

AintNoSunshine
09-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Lebron has arguably the best basketball body in the history of the sport, and yet you put him on the second team among today's players only....

robby712
09-04-2015, 12:16 PM
If we are talking physical prime:

PG: Wade (He is a bit short for a SG, but has the perfect abilities for a PG. Agility, Speed, Strength, Quickness, Size)
SG: Jordan
SF: James:
PF:Malone
C: D Robinson or young Shaq

ISHGoat
09-04-2015, 12:18 PM
PG: Irving
SG: Kobe
SF: ??
PF: Bosh
C: Mozgov

ralph_i_el
09-04-2015, 12:26 PM
If we are talking physical prime:

PG: Wade (He is a bit short for a SG, but has the perfect abilities for a PG. Agility, Speed, Strength, Quickness, Size)
SG: Jordan
SF: James:
PF:Malone
C: D Robinson or young Shaq

I'm talking about right now though.
Wade probably makes my second team all-time because of his crazy length.

James makes first team all time, but right now AD gets the easiest buckets in the league due to his length, leaping, and coordination. James is one of the most freakish athletes of all time, but he is noticeably slower today than he was a few years ago. AD probably covers more ground (quickness+length) than any player in the last decade. Last person with his length to be able to move as he does was pre-injury Dwight.

robby712
09-04-2015, 01:02 PM
if we are talking right now:
PG: Wall : Quicker and more agile that Westbrook
SF: James
PF: Davis
C: DeAndre Jordan

At the SG there is a gap. Kobe is too old, Wade is still strong and has that balance of his but he is slower and his jumping has decreased dramatically.
I don't like Butler's speed , quickness and balance...Maybe Bradley Beal actually.

Vaniiiia
09-04-2015, 01:05 PM
if we are talking right now:
PG: Wall : Quicker and more agile that Westbrook
SF: James
PF: Davis
C: DeAndre Jordan

At the SG there is a gap. Kobe is too old, Wade is still strong and has that balance of his but he is slower and his jumping has decreased dramatically.
I don't like Butler's speed , quickness and balance...Maybe Bradley Beal actually.
Derozan for SG.

kshutts1
09-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Current players, current rules?

Westbrook
Giannis
Durant
Davis
Cousins

I'm not sure that current Lebron beats out current Durant for the SF spot. Pretty much the only thing he has on him right now is strength, but that's not at a premium in today's league. Lebron is undoubtedly the better athlete of the two, though, even now.

Fallen Angel
09-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Harden is a physical specimen. Perfect height, strong as hell, agile as hell, and has a nice one step vertical.

JohnMax
09-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Blake Griffin with Dwight Howard's length is the GOAT body

RidonKs
09-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Blake Griffin with Dwight Howard's length is the GOAT body
thats as much the GOAT body as neptanus or plupitor are the GOAT planets

warriorfan
09-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Harden is a physical specimen. Perfect height, strong as hell, agile as hell, and has a nice one step vertical.

:biggums:

swagga
09-04-2015, 02:59 PM

Height
Length
Agility
Quickness
Strength
Speed
Hand size
Durability
Leaping ability

SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Second team

:roll:

here are some wings with superior bodies: lebron, dr j., durant, wilkins, peak larry johnson, worthy, p. george, etc.

Jailblazers7
09-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Completely ignoring skill:

PG - Westbrook
SG - Iggy
SF - Lebron
PF - Karl Anthony-Towns
C - DeAndre Jordan

AnaheimLakers24
09-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Wall sucks.

AirFederer
09-04-2015, 03:59 PM
This is the answer you`re looking for...

https://d13beo3f7vpmvd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Screen-shot-2011-04-29-at-3.11.53-PM-e1304104162781.png

Have you heard about the time he lifted 600 pounds of paper? Or that he was a world class HOF volley ball player? That he once dunked and broke a bone in Johnny Red Kerr's toe? No? That he slept with 20 000 women and had a 50" vertical and 550 pounds bench press @50? How about he cleared 6-6 in high jump, 23" in the long jump and has on of the fastest 40 meters ever recorded, while barefoot in a suit. He curled more weight with one hand than Arnold using two. He dislocated Gus Johnson's shoulder while blocking his shot. Led the league in assist, never mind scoring. Wilt, a man for all ages.

Two rangz.

ralph_i_el
09-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Wall sucks.
Rent

Free

Marchesk
09-04-2015, 04:08 PM
thats as much the GOAT body as neptanus or plupitor are the GOAT planets

Plutipor isn't a planet. :facepalm

:crazysam:

WayOfWade
09-04-2015, 04:56 PM
http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dwyane-wade-gabrielle-union-bikini-beach-malibu-4__oPt.jpg

swagga
09-04-2015, 04:57 PM

https://d13beo3f7vpmvd.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Screen-shot-2011-04-29-at-3.11.53-PM-e1304104162781.png

Have you heard about the time he lifted 600 pounds of paper? Or that he was a world class HOF volley ball player? That he once dunked and broke a bone in Johnny Red Kerr's toe? No? That he slept with 20 000 women and had a 50" vertical and 550 pounds bench press @50? How about he cleared 6-6 in high jump, 23" in the long jump and has on of the fastest 40 meters ever recorded, while barefoot in a suit. He curled more weight with one hand than Arnold using two. He dislocated Gus Johnson's shoulder while blocking his shot. Led the league in assist, never mind scoring. Wilt, a man for all ages.

Two rangz.

this belongs to the gay thread, as does wilt tbh.

Clifton
09-05-2015, 09:36 PM

Second team

PG: Derrick Rose if not for the injuries. Otherwise Westbrook.
*Wall is overrated in this respect. Prime Rose is the most talented PG-sized NBA athlete ever. He was like a video game. So is Westbrook. Wall is not. He's very fast in the open court but that's not as powerful as the overall quickness and body control of Rose.

SG: Wade.

SF: Lebron.
*Wiggins is an overrated athlete. Great athlete nevertheless, but people act like he has Lebron-level talent, when he has Wall-level talent, which is on the second tier.
**This is an aside, because he's not a tier-1 athlete, but James Harden is very underrated as an athlete. His combination of strength and quickness is ridiculous. In real-time NBA play, he has an advantage against almost everyone. His lack of length and vertical power take him out of this category though.

PF: Blake Griffin is flat out the most physically talented PF ever. And in spite of his questionable mentality, will retire a top-5 or 7 PF ever? It's unreal.

C: I don't know. Can we count Anthony Davis as a center? He's obviously a PF not a C, but the C position doesn't really exist any more so...
Edit: I guess actually this would have to be either DJ or Dwight Howard (who I always forget about). I would like a guy with better hands though. Hands do count, they're part of the body after all.

T_L_P
09-05-2015, 09:55 PM

Two rangz.

midatlantic09
09-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Corey Maggette
Ben Wallace
Russell Westbrook
Dwight Howard
Lebron
Andre Iguodala
Karl Malone
Blake Griffin
Kawhi Leonard

midatlantic09
09-05-2015, 11:58 PM
http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dwyane-wade-gabrielle-union-bikini-beach-malibu-4__oPt.jpg

I think it's hilarious how he was named one of the 50 most beautiful people...dude's nowhere close:lol

buddha
09-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
DeAndre Jordan

theaussieguy
09-06-2015, 02:07 AM
PG: Derrick Rose if not for the injuries. Otherwise Westbrook.
*Wall is overrated in this respect. Prime Rose is the most talented PG-sized NBA athlete ever. He was like a video game. So is Westbrook. Wall is not. He's very fast in the open court but that's not as powerful as the overall quickness and body control of Rose.

SG: Wade.

SF: Lebron.
*Wiggins is an overrated athlete. Great athlete nevertheless, but people act like he has Lebron-level talent, when he has Wall-level talent, which is on the second tier.
**This is an aside, because he's not a tier-1 athlete, but James Harden is very underrated as an athlete. His combination of strength and quickness is ridiculous. In real-time NBA play, he has an advantage against almost everyone. His lack of length and vertical power take him out of this category though.

PF: Blake Griffin is flat out the most physically talented PF ever. And in spite of his questionable mentality, will retire a top-5 or 7 PF ever? It's unreal.

C: I don't know. Can we count Anthony Davis as a center? He's obviously a PF not a C, but the C position doesn't really exist any more so...
Edit: I guess actually this would have to be either DJ or Dwight Howard (who I always forget about). I would like a guy with better hands though. Hands do count, they're part of the body after all.

Agreed 100%. Some people just don't get it and some even have the audacity to claim Westbrook is on his peak level. Peak Rose is without a doubt the most 'freakish' thing I have seen in terms of athletic ability, speed, vertical, agility. He had it all.

Collie
09-06-2015, 05:02 AM
Karl Malone man. Karl Malone's body was an inspiration to me for a long time. He was really yoked. I had posters of his body on my walls for inspiration and motivation. He looked even better shirtless than he did in a uniform.

SyRyanYang
09-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Westbrook
Wiggins
KD
Davis
Gobert

AintNoSunshine
09-06-2015, 06:53 AM
Karl Malone man. Karl Malone's body was an inspiration to me for a long time. He was really yoked. I had posters of his body on my walls for inspiration and motivation. He looked even better shirtless than he did in a uniform.
:lol Did you deliberately make this post sound like this? I honestly cant tell.

Bosnian Sajo
09-06-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm far from a Lebron fan, but that dude has the best bball body in the history of the sport. How you gonna stop a freight train when it's going full speed down the paint?? You gonna take a charge, nigqa???

ralph_i_el
09-06-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm far from a Lebron fan, but that dude has the best bball body in the history of the sport. How you gonna stop a freight train when it's going full speed down the paint?? You gonna take a charge, nigqa???

true, but right now he plays mostly the 4, where he gives up height and length.

robby712
09-06-2015, 01:19 PM
true, but right now he plays mostly the 4, where he gives up height and length.
No, he doesn't. He was playing mostly the 4 when he was in Miami, the last 2 seasons. He has a guy called Kevin Love on his team who plays PF.

PAOK
09-06-2015, 02:07 PM
http://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11990496_10153634019239752_7390834827197643947_n.p ng?oh=e1b8c702bd1e67a1b46e34f79953b69d&oe=5666A5E1

nba jersey CHECK
bangin body CHECK

CeltsGarlic
09-06-2015, 02:27 PM
LOL. Looks like Boykins could give Yao a BJ while standing up.

Clifton
09-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Karl Malone man. Karl Malone's body was an inspiration to me for a long time.
I'm tempted to give it to him because of his longevity. to be that good for that long is a rare feat.

Like Duncan though, his coach's system had a lot to do with it. It's easier to be an all-star for 20 years when most of what you're doing is fastbreak layups and pick and pops. Rather than if you have a Rose or Wade-type scoring and creating burden.

I can't see the argument that Malone's body is on the level of Griffin's. Griffin's body control and touch and hops are nuts. He picks up and finishes like Vince Carter except he's got PF size. Dribbles like a SG too.

ralph_i_el
09-06-2015, 02:54 PM
No, he doesn't. He was playing mostly the 4 when he was in Miami, the last 2 seasons. He has a guy called Kevin Love on his team who plays PF.

He spent half the season without a real center. Kevin Love didn't play the 4, he played the floor spacer. LeBron still had the most post-touches and elbow-touches.

BBall Ref says that Love spend 62% of his time on the court as the nominal 5

PacerRaptor
09-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Paul George

CakeorDeath
09-07-2015, 11:07 AM
The guy with the 9'9" standing reach.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/38/files/2013/05/Gobert.jpg

AirFederer
09-07-2015, 11:14 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/qoxws.gif

FreezingTsmoove