PDA

View Full Version : "In this era we only get Karl Malone"

90sgoat
09-06-2015, 08:31 AM
- quote 90sgoat

In this weak era, the best we get is Karl Malone aka Lebron.

Karl Malone has career stats of:

25 ppg
10 rpg
3.6 apg
1.4 spg

Numerous All Star appearances, MVP, would have had 2 championships (like Lebron) had he not played in the same time as the GOAT MJ.

Like Lebron, Karl Malone had some glaring weaknesses, he had no back to basket game and couldn't be counted on to get THAT shot (he had Stockton for that), like Lebron had Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen for those shots.

In this weak era, the best we get is Karl Malone.

There is no MJ, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq in this era. We only get Lebron and that's a damn shame.

I imagine the NBA in the 80s and 90s if Karl Malone was the best player. I can understand why people today don't want to watch the NBA but watches NFL instead.

Lebron23
09-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Kevin Durant is the modern day Karl Malone unless he wins an NBA title someday.

lilteapot
09-06-2015, 08:51 AM
90sgoat
I airball my layups

Lebron23
09-06-2015, 08:53 AM
90sgoat
I airball my layups

Terrible gimmick account. And LeBron is a much better playoffs and finals performer than Karl.

jlip
09-06-2015, 09:07 AM
- quote 90sgoat

Like Lebron, Karl Malone had some glaring weaknesses, he had no back to basket game and couldn't be counted on to get THAT shot (he had Stockton for that), like Lebron had Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen for those shots.

So the player who has made THAT shot in the playoffs (buzzer beaters) more than anyone else over the past 20 years can't "get" THAT shot now?

90sgoat
09-06-2015, 09:22 AM
I honestly think I am being kind to Lebron by likening him to Karl Malone, I doubt if he would be more than Larry Johnson had he played at that Charlotte team in the 90s.

lilteapot
09-06-2015, 09:30 AM
I honestly think I am being kind to Lebron by likening him to Karl Malone, I doubt if he would be more than Larry Johnson had he played at that Charlotte team in the 90s.
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/246506.jpg

ralph_i_el
09-06-2015, 09:41 AM
ISH is dead. I quit.

SugarHill
09-06-2015, 10:16 AM
ISH is dead. I quit.
op just doing a bad 3ball

MP.Trey
09-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Stopped reading at "would have". Straw man arguments everywhere.

ralph_i_el
09-06-2015, 10:30 AM

I'm tired of trying to figure out who is an idiot, who is trolling, who is pretending to troll, who is pretending to be an idiot, who is an alt.....

This forum is shit. It's modded like shit. This ****ing massive ads mean I can't even use it on my phone.

SugarHill
09-06-2015, 10:35 AM
I'm tired of trying to figure out who is an idiot, who is trolling, who is pretending to troll, who is pretending to be an idiot, who is an alt.....

This forum is shit. It's modded like shit. This ****ing massive ads mean I can't even use it on my phone.
nah I get that. I mean that's what his posts read like. Off-season tho. Season of reaching

Megabox!
09-06-2015, 10:36 AM

One of the best posts this year. I always knew ISH was pretty shitty, but this is ridiculous

lilteapot
09-06-2015, 10:41 AM

This forum has mods?

ralph_i_el
09-06-2015, 10:46 AM
This forum has mods?
:confusedshrug: you see them every once in a while.

ZMonkey11
09-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Only a couple more months of this type of crap until less crappy conversations come up. Hold tight ISH. Hold tight.

lilteapot
09-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Only a couple more months of this type of crap until less crappy conversations come up. Hold tight ISH. Hold tight.

Are you even around during the regular season? These threads don't stop.

MP.Trey
09-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Are you even around during the regular season? These threads don't stop.
Easier to ignore in regular season. Right now, 9/10 threads are shit like this. Goes down to 7/10 or so in the regular season.

kennethgriffin
09-06-2015, 02:18 PM
there really is no comparison to lebron james throughout history because we've literally never seen a guy collude twice in his prime before

lebrons the innovator. hes the original

and its only from here on out can we look for the "next lebron"

ralph_i_el
09-06-2015, 03:00 PM
there really is no comparison to lebron james throughout history because we've literally never seen a guy collude twice in his prime before

I'm still waiting for the next Kennethgriffin :bowdown:
when will we ever see this combination of:
-no life
-latent homosexuality
-slavish devotion to a man you'll never meet
-complete lack of logic and reasoning

lilteapot
09-06-2015, 03:02 PM
-no life
-latent homosexuality
:roll:

Owned.

I feel sorry for his mother.

guy
09-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Lebron is clearly better then Malone, but it's not that crazy to say this. Had Jordan never existed, 1991 to 1998 probably looks a lot like 2008 to 2015 as far as the number of champions and the level of dominance from any team/player. The Lakers and Heat are basically the Rockets and Jazz from that era and Kobe and Lebron parallel to Hakeem and Karl i.e. leading their teams to back to back titles.

AnaheimLakers24
09-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Bron just isnt good enough to be a mj or kobe. Small personality imo

24-Inch_Chrome
09-06-2015, 05:07 PM
-no life
-latent homosexuality

:oldlol:

Vaniiiia
09-06-2015, 05:25 PM

the next big dick alpha to dominate the league and make big time decisions despite massive scrutiny cause he dont give a fukk and wants to swing his fat **** around in multiple cities, multiple rings, big ass dick....

We'll never see another LeBron... NEVER. GOAT.

90sgoat
09-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Lebron is clearly better then Malone, but it's not that crazy to say this. Had Jordan never existed, 1991 to 1998 probably looks a lot like 2008 to 2015 as far as the number of champions and the level of dominance from any team/player. The Lakers and Heat are basically the Rockets and Jazz from that era and Kobe and Lebron parallel to Hakeem and Karl i.e. leading their teams to back to back titles.

Finally man, these young kids don't know how good Karl Malone is. If MJ never played we would have Sir Charles with one championship and Karl Malone with two and two finals MVP. No way you don't rank Karl Malone in the top 10 or just outside then. Where Lebron ranks now.

These kids man, I am serious, but they were literally born yesterday.

lakers_forever
09-06-2015, 07:32 PM

God. No back to basket game? How old are you? Malone was a superb player. Before Duncan, pretty much everyone had him as goat PF before Duncan. He gets madly underrated here. Olajuwon deserves all the praise he gets. He should have be ranked ahead of Karl (Lebron too). But let's get one thing straight. First half of the 90's, most had Barkley as second behind MJ. Second half, almost everyone had Malone as second best behind Jordan. The dream had perfect peak playoff play timing...

BTW, Malone post moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2edAvSLD5U8

Wade's Rings
09-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Wade could've been the Jordan of this era, too bad he can't stay healthy.

20Four
09-06-2015, 07:52 PM
-no life
-latent homosexuality
http://i.imgur.com/k2PUJQU.gif

90sgoat
09-06-2015, 07:59 PM
I honestly don't know why people are so in love with Lebron's stats.

The guy is a subpar rebounder for his massive size. He gets a few assists so freaking what, who cares?

Lebron has never averaged 10 rpg a season.

Barkley averaged 13 rpg and gave up 2 inches on Lebron, what's more impressive? You can be sure if Barkley played today and he dominated the ball like Lebron he could easily get a couple extra assists. I mean 7-8 assists isn't stellar either. Lebron has never had a 10 apg season or a 10 rpg season, never had a DPOY season, no sustained scoring dominance.

I just don't see the big deal?

As 3Ball has shown so effectively Lebron dominates the ball as much as starting point guards. If you're the starting point guard and don't get 7-8 assists, then you SUCK.

Not impressed by his statpadding. Go grab 10 rpg next season big boy. You're 6'8'' and 250 lbs or more. Basically perfect size for a power forward, lets see what you got?

Kblaze8855
09-06-2015, 08:14 PM
you see them every once in a while.

Im here most of the time. ISH just doesnt give me much I care to respond to some days.

lilteapot
09-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Im here most of the time. ISH just doesnt give me much I care to respond to some days.

You could, you know, ban the trolls. But you realize this place would be dead if it weren't for the trolls so you let it slide. You're clever.

90sgoat
09-06-2015, 08:20 PM
How is it trolling?

I honestly don't think Lebron is significantly better than Barkley or Malone.

I think the rules come together to favor Lebron in particular. Had he played in the 90s, he would have a great difficulty getting 20 ppg on average with his lack of midrange. No midrange, no game in the 90s. Anyone who disagrees is just an ignorant.

iamgine
09-06-2015, 08:51 PM
How is it trolling?

I honestly don't think Lebron is significantly better than Barkley or Malone.

I think the rules come together to favor Lebron in particular. Had he played in the 90s, he would have a great difficulty getting 20 ppg on average with his lack of midrange. No midrange, no game in the 90s. Anyone who disagrees is just an ignorant.
We're being kind. It's better for you if it's trolling and not your honest opinion.

Sportal
09-06-2015, 11:03 PM

This sums up the feelings of practically every single legit poster that just wants to talk basketball.

Kblaze8855
09-06-2015, 11:30 PM
You could, you know, ban the trolls. But you realize this place would be dead if it weren't for the trolls so you let it slide. You're clever.

I suppose I could ban like 20 obvious ones for 3 days and see how it goes....but...eh.

If people are somehow interested in 3 versions of the same argument every single day...I dont know what I can do about it.

I ignore most of it. The worst of them have learned how to annoy people juuuuuuuust enough to not get banned.

Lebron23
09-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I suppose I could ban like 20 obvious ones for 3 days and see how it goes....but...eh.

If people are somehow interested in 3 versions of the same argument every single day...I dont know what I can do about it.

I ignore most of it. The worst of them have learned how to annoy people juuuuuuuust enough to not get banned.

Can you please ban them?? They have much stricter moderation in other basketball forums. We can still discuss good basketball topics without these douche bags.

MiseryCityTexas
09-07-2015, 01:56 AM
- quote 90sgoat

In this weak era, the best we get is Karl Malone aka Lebron.

Karl Malone has career stats of:

25 ppg
10 rpg
3.6 apg
1.4 spg

Numerous All Star appearances, MVP, would have had 2 championships (like Lebron) had he not played in the same time as the GOAT MJ.

In this weak era, the best we get is Karl Malone.

There is no MJ, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq in this era. We only get Lebron and that's a damn shame.

I imagine the NBA in the 80s and 90s if Karl Malone was the best player. I can understand why people today don't want to watch the NBA but watches NFL instead.

Stopped reading after the bolded smh.:facepalm

Clifton
09-07-2015, 05:31 AM
I would agree this era is weaker at the top than several others. MJ/Bird, Wilt/Russell/West, and the 90s with MJ and all the centers, 2000s with KG, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan.

However, next year will feature 3 or 4 future top-25 players, including Lebron a top 10 player, in their primes. (In my opinion.) They are Paul, Curry, Durant, and Lebron, in ascending order.

Then you also have Anthony Davis, who could end up there as well, and who could play that well this season (as he did last playoffs).

Harden is also likely a top 50 all time guy the way he is going. Melo too. Westbrook too. There are a ton of really really good players who will be remembered. Just fewer guys at the very top than we are used to. It is indeed a shame that Lebron is all alone at the top there.

Lebronxrings
09-07-2015, 10:56 AM
MJ today = poor mans derozan

dubeta
09-07-2015, 11:02 AM

:applause:

Hey bro! Glad to see the family in full strength :cheers:

20Four
09-07-2015, 11:05 AM
You today = Poor mans burger flipper

20Four
09-07-2015, 11:07 AM

What family? Were you a family reject or something that you have to make up a "lebron" family that he doesn't even know exists or that you exists? Thats fvcking sad...leBRONZE family keep takin the L's in life....all of you are uneducated burger flippers and part time toilet bowl cleaners....fvcking sad life yall live :banghead: :banghead:

aj1987
09-07-2015, 11:07 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

Just because OP is being a ****** doesn't mean that you have to be one as well.

sportjames23
09-07-2015, 11:38 AM

:oldlol:

sportjames23
09-07-2015, 11:41 AM

The Lebron Family:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/texas-chainsaw-massacre/images/f/fc/Chainsaw2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130626233200

mehyaM24
09-07-2015, 11:49 AM
in this era we already had 4 jordan's

durant, mcgrady, wade, kobe

all volume scorers who at their best were right there with jordan as pure scorers go

we haven't had a lebron. ever.

listen to the nba panelist on open court. lebron would be EVEN BETTER in the 90s - and that now, he's a bigger. faster. stronger. version of jordan - this is barkley verbatim.

sportjames23
09-07-2015, 11:51 AM

all volume scorers who at their best were right there with jordan as pure scorers go

listen to the nba panelist on open court. lebron would be EVEN BETTER in the 90s - and that now, he's a bigger. faster. stronger. version of jordan - this is barkley verbatim.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

guy
09-07-2015, 11:54 AM

Well by that logic, you should agree that Jordan would average 45-50 ppg today. Since that's what a lot of former players/coaches say right?

mehyaM24
09-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Well by that logic, you should agree that Jordan would average 45-50 ppg today. Since that's what a lot of former players/coaches say right?

barkley is jordan's best friend. or was before making those comments.

i don't see what he'd have to gain by saying those comments, tbh

dubeta
09-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Karl Malone + Pippen would win more than 6

sportjames23
09-07-2015, 12:02 PM

Funny how ya'll wanna quote Barkley when he says the shit you like. Most of the time, ya;ll say he doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

sportjames23
09-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Karl Malone + Pippen would win more than 6

They'd be lucky to win two.

90sgoat
09-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Lebron + Pippen.

Can you imagine? Kukoc gonna shoot a lot of 4 quarter shots that season.

dubeta
09-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Lebron + Pippen.

Can you imagine? Kukoc gonna shoot a lot of 4 quarter shots that season.

Well Pippen by himself can win 55+ wins as a first option (same team without Jordan)

LeBron takes scrubs to the finals by himself

So combine them both and they win FAR more than what MJ + Pippen did.

mehyaM24
09-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Funny how ya'll wanna quote Barkley when he says the shit you like. Most of the time, ya;ll say he doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

what do you mean by "y'all"? i don't think ive ever disparaged anything barkley has said. granted he says stupid shit all the time when clowning, but he was legit serious in that debate.

he's right too. lebron would be better in the 90s. could you imagine this guy being able to run with more tempo, work with more open space, handcheck and shoot 3's?

lebron would be a god in the 90s

AirFederer
09-07-2015, 01:28 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/qp3pc.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/qp3pc)

AirFederer
09-07-2015, 02:07 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/qp3pc.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/qp3pc)

https://i.imgflip.com/qp67v.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/qp67v)

JT123
09-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Well Pippen by himself can win 55+ wins as a first option (same team without Jordan)

LeBron takes scrubs to the finals by himself

So combine them both and they win FAR more than what MJ + Pippen did.
Jordan stans avoiding this post like the plague. :lol

dubeta
09-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Jordan stans avoiding this post like the plague. :lol

It's too easy :lol

Praying for our bans is their only option

Hey Yo
09-07-2015, 02:45 PM
that's because the OP is 3ball.

JT123
09-07-2015, 02:49 PM
It's too easy :lol

Praying for our bans is their only option
I'm sure they are furiously clicking on the report button as we speak. Posters who speak the truth aren't welcome around here.

AirFederer
09-07-2015, 02:50 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/qp8iy.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/qp8iy)

Wade's Rings
09-07-2015, 03:02 PM

Barkley also said if he had Pippen & Rodman he would've won...then a few years later i think he said Jordan made Pippen...

BasedTom
09-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Kevin Durant is the modern day Karl Malone unless he wins an NBA title someday.
Karl Melone Anthony

90sgoat
09-07-2015, 04:05 PM
It just struck me. This is the first time in 40 years that there isn't any top 5 player in the league.

00s - Shaq
90s - MJ
80s - Bird/Magic
70s - Kareem

Wow, what a weak era.

MiseryCityTexas
09-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Op's argument is null and void after he said that Karl had no back to the basket post up game, when in actuality, he scored most of his points in the post in the mid 90s with his back to the basket. Malone had the turnaround fadeaway jumper from the post, as well as a vicious post up pump fake layup, and he also had a nice post up, up and under layup move in the post.

guy
09-07-2015, 04:30 PM

Ummm, wasn't just Barkley. Larry Brown, Phil Jackson, Alonzo Mourning, Joe Dumars just to name a few have said something along those lines.

90sgoat
09-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Op's argument is null and void after he said that Karl had no back to the basket post up game, when in actuality, he scored most of his points in the post in the mid 90s with his back to the basket. Malone had the turnaround fadeaway jumper from the post, as well as a vicious post up pump fake layup, and he also had a nice post up, up and under layup move in the post.

No he didn't play back to basket most of the time. He was first and foremost a face up guy shooting mid range jumpers and driving. He played the post, but did not have an elite back to basket game like Hakeem, Shaq etc.