PDA

View Full Version : Porzingis has put on real pounds

Knicksfever2010
09-08-2015, 12:46 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/09/08/porizingis-cant-wait-to-show-off-bulky-body-at-knicks-camp/

outbreak
09-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Might take time but he'll be a great pick up.

I make fun of the knicks here but as I kid I liked the franchise I just hate some of their recent decisions and think Melo is a dud.

Hope porzingis takes over this team and becomes a beast, if he can get his game to translate to the NBA he'll be real fun to watch. If he had been American and black he'd have been in talks as the number one pick.

FreezingTsmoove
09-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Thats why I got so angry when Ny "fans" booed this kid

If the only problem you have in your game is your weight age and inexperience than there is no problem at all. Same problems or weaknesses they gave Porzingis is exactly the same things they said about Anthony Davis

Just read the article. This guy is really working hard to make it in the NBA.

Gaining 10 lbs from draft to now shows me how hard this guy is willing to work

LoneyROY7
09-08-2015, 12:57 AM
And it's ALL dick.

G-train
09-08-2015, 01:28 AM
This guy has the mindset and skills, hopefully it comes together for a great career.

AnaheimLakers24
09-08-2015, 01:33 AM
Hopefully it becomes his team.

KnittingRyu
09-08-2015, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE]

Akrazotile
09-08-2015, 01:37 AM
And it's ALL dick.

zero to six, REAL quick

ZMonkey11
09-08-2015, 02:08 AM
Dumbass doesn't know that your core and lower body is more important for this.

Yes...the NBA dumbass who has NBA trainers surrounding him, giving him meal plans, and letting him focus on his upper body. This kid must be doing everything wrong.

Gileraracer
09-08-2015, 03:10 AM
Next bird confirmed :banana:

imdaman99
09-08-2015, 07:08 AM
I won't deny it, I got excited http://shredguitars.com/images/smilies/boner.gif

outbreak
09-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Yes...the NBA dumbass who has NBA trainers surrounding him, giving him meal plans, and letting him focus on his upper body. This kid must be doing everything wrong.

:applause:

but maybe this random nobody on ISH of all places knows more than these NBA trainers being paid to do this for a living.

90sgoat
09-08-2015, 08:59 AM
NBA steroid testing is a joke.

Puts on 5 kg in a month lol, practically impossible with that kind of skinny body type and without gaining a ton of fat.

NBA has to be among the most doped sports.

keep-itreal
09-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Is he the next Dirk Nowitzki?

dannywpt
09-08-2015, 09:11 AM

Puts on 5 kg in a month lol, practically impossible with that kind of skinny body type and without gaining a ton of fat.

Unfortunately this is true. It's impossible in a month, and god damn impressive in 3-4 months. Around 6 months to a year's time is more normal if he eats a lot of food and hits the weights hard.

FKAri
09-08-2015, 09:34 AM

There is no steroid testing in the offseason (even during the season you can use if you have designer level stuff but almost no one uses during the season).

GH testing is non-existent in the NBA and everyone abuses that.

Stuff like EPO is also not tested and probably also widespread in the league.

JohnnySic
09-08-2015, 09:40 AM
A age 19/20, its not unfeasible that he can gain weight naturally even without lifting. Especially at his height and how thin he is, he can fill out a lot just by eating well.

Taking ped's at that age is beyond stupid (lots of guys do, but, they're stupid.)

Jailblazers7
09-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Not surprised he is seeing quick results now that he has access to world class training. I doubt he ever did serious weight training before being drafted.

chocolatethunder
09-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Dumbass doesn't know that your core and lower body is more important for this.
Better hurry up and phone the Knicks and tell them what they need to do. BTW, I'm sure he's doing core but what should he say, "I've been doing tons of core work and I've gained 5 Kilos in my abs and lower back"?

Akrazotile
09-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Not surprised he is seeing quick results now that he has access to world class training. I doubt he ever did serious weight training before being drafted.

This. I know from experience that when you start working out hard (and not even that hard in my case) from basically scratch, your weight shoots up pretty quick in the first month. I was getting leaner in body fat but to my surprise every time I stepped on the scale I was getting heavier. I gained 10 pounds in about six weeks. And I wasnt even doing much weights. This was from swimming, shooting hoops solo (so lots of repetitive jump shooting), stomach crunches etc. And my weight was just zooming up from my body suddenly solidifying all these different muscles.

Marv_Albert
09-08-2015, 04:16 PM
WTF do these guys do in order to gain so much mass and weight like this? i'm 6'6 and weigh around 90 KG (200lbs) lean and long and in my offseason i hit the weights hard and ate heaps but only gained about 2kg and that was in about 9 months!!! I felt stronger but didnt look real bigger. I didn't slack at the gym either went hard on supersets and pushed the weight up

AirFederer
09-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Meanwhile Melo has put on 25 pounds in the same time frame, but he will not be commended?

Racism.

Jailblazers7
09-08-2015, 04:35 PM
WTF do these guys do in order to gain so much mass and weight like this? i'm 6'6 and weigh around 90 KG (200lbs) lean and long and in my offseason i hit the weights hard and ate heaps but only gained about 2kg and that was in about 9 months!!! I felt stronger but didnt look real bigger. I didn't slack at the gym either went hard on supersets and pushed the weight up

You lift hard and eat well but they are lifting twice per day with professional trainers and eating meals designed by extremely well-paid nutritionists. Also, I'm sure they are taking whatever the best supplements are and receiving awesome post-workout treatment to speed recovery and allow them to workout more.

ralph_i_el
09-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Meanwhile Melo has put on 25 pounds in the same time frame, but he will not be commended?

Racism.
:applause:

Marv_Albert
09-08-2015, 04:57 PM
You lift hard and eat well but they are lifting twice per day with professional trainers and eating meals designed by extremely well-paid nutritionists. Also, I'm sure they are taking whatever the best supplements are and receiving awesome post-workout treatment to speed recovery and allow them to workout more.

I'd like to see into the future all these pro athletes we have today with all the training they do and the supplements they take how they will be health wise when they are older and retired? be interesting to see.. health concerns body broken down

Jailblazers7
09-08-2015, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see into the future all these pro athletes we have today with all the training they do and the supplements they take how they will be health wise when they are older and retired? be interesting to see.. health concerns body broken down

I bet it is balanced out pretty well by all of the advancements in injury treatment and the efforts these guys go through to maintain their bodies. I'm sure a lot will still have foot/ankle/knee problems but that just comes with being a pro athlete for the most part.

FKAri
09-08-2015, 05:05 PM

Drugs. See my earlier post.

robert de niro
09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
already learning from melo, always putting on real pounds in the offseason

bluechox2
09-08-2015, 05:28 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vAjZcuhvfB4/hqdefault.jpg

outbreak
09-08-2015, 06:08 PM

Difference between doing something as an amature with a job and doing something as a professional with millions to spend on staff/chef/diet plans/work out plans/supplements. Possibly they use some shady stuff (the nba drug policy is a joke) but they also probably exaggerate and twist numbers, weight can fluctuate by 1-2 in a couple of days just based on when you weigh yourself.

dannywpt
09-08-2015, 07:05 PM

Are you me? Same height, weight, gym training, gain and everything.

90sgoat
09-08-2015, 07:10 PM

It's well known that bodybuilders suffer more tears of ligaments in their body because as their muscle grows due to anabolics, their ligaments do not. You push your muscles beyond natural levels, but the ligaments, the stuff connecting bones with bone, can't be 'juiced'.

I have long wondered if all these ligament injuries are because players are too explosive for their body makeup. They play more explosive than their ligaments can handle.

Here's a study done on retired NFL players, saying that athletes who used steroids have MORE injuries:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/nfl-players-who-use-steroids-have-m-2009-02-20/
[QUOTE]
[B]Players who took the drugs suffered more disc herniations and injuries to their knees, elbows, necks, spines, feet, toes and ankles than those who didn