PDA

View Full Version : MJ and Dream vs Kobe and Duncan

sportjames23
09-11-2015, 12:46 AM
If you built similar teams around both duos, which would win in a 7 game series? Say both sides had supporting casts similar to the big 3 Heat team, minus Bron, Wade and Bosh, of course.

SouBeachTalents
09-11-2015, 12:46 AM
MJ & Dream

Akrazotile
09-11-2015, 12:49 AM
I feel bad for Tim in this scenario :(

Angel Face
09-11-2015, 01:02 AM
MJ & Dream :eek:

Sweep

Smoke117
09-11-2015, 01:15 AM
:biggums: Jordan is better than Kobe offensively and Hakeem is better than DUncan offensively...

They are both a tier ahead or more defensively...

Are you kiddies really making this kind of thread these days?

Wow.

kennethgriffin
09-11-2015, 01:20 AM
the problem with picking jordan is he wants to be the man and average 32-33 regardless of whom hes playing with

he wont let hakeem do what he does. atleast not as often as it would take to be as good as they possibly could be

kobe on the other hand dials it back when he has a good teammate cause he knows how fragile other stars can be

and the great thing about duncan is he's comfortable in any role period

kobe and duncan are more likely to co-exist and compliment each other than a hakeem/jordan combo

not just because of the ability to co-exist. but also due to the way both play offense.

hakeem and jordan both wanna be on the low block nearly every single time up the floor...

while kobe likes to start high and run a screen and roll or attack face up/shoot threes

and duncan is perfect for the screen and roll shot/lob inside. can draw a defender

while hakeem is another purely low post isolation guy who wants his spot and 3 point shooters to be ready

jordan would be a horrible 3 point kick out 2nd option when hakeems working down low. kobe would be great

( and those who argue percentages know what i'm talking about. jordan wide open shooting 1/6th the amount still shoots lower than kobe who jacks them up over 2 guys 4 feet behind the line whenever he damn well pleases )

another key advantage = kobe and duncan have played together 15 times or so ( ASG's )

jordan and hakeem have never been team mates before. not even in exibitions

but lastly

kobe+duncan = 10 rings

jordan+hakeem = 8 rings

gotta go with kobe/duncan

rmt
09-11-2015, 01:28 AM
the problem with picking jordan is he wants to be the man and average 32-33 regardless of whom hes playing with

he wont let hakeem do what he does. atleast not as often as it would take to be as good as they possibly could be

kobe on the other hand dials it back when he has a good teammate cause he knows how fragile other stars can be

and the great thing about duncan is he's comfortable in any role period

kobe and duncan are more likely to co-exist and compliment each other than a hakeem/jordan combo

not just because of the ability to co-exist. but also due to the way both play offense.

hakeem and jordan both wanna be on the low block nearly every single time up the floor...

while kobe likes to start high and run a screen and roll or attack face up/shoot threes

and duncan is perfect for the screen and roll shot/lob inside. can draw a defender

while hakeem is another purely low post isolation guy who wants his spot and 3 point shooters to be ready

jordan would be a horrible 3 point kick out 2nd option when hakeems working down low. kobe would be great

( and those who argue percentages know what i'm talking about. jordan wide open shooting 1/6th the amount still shoots lower than kobe who jacks them up over 2 guys 4 feet behind the line whenever he damn well pleases )

another key advantage = kobe and duncan have played together 15 times or so ( ASG's )

jordan and hakeem have never been team mates before. not even in exibitions

but lastly

kobe+duncan = 10 rings

jordan+hakeem = 8 rings

gotta go with kobe/duncan

You're delusional if you think that Kobe doesn't want to be the man and get his points. The MJ duo wins just on having MJ over Kobe. Kobe would be testing even Duncan's even keel personality.

kennethgriffin
09-11-2015, 01:30 AM
basically jordan and hakeem would have to take turns each time up the floor and have the other guy stand on the opposite site

kobe and duncan could actually work on the same side of the floor and work off each other/get the best shot/ draw each others man

in a nutshell.. its that simple.

anyone with a brain or whos watched bulls games will tell you jordan was the post player in the triangle

kennethgriffin
09-11-2015, 01:35 AM
You're delusional if you think that Kobe doesn't want to be the man and get his points. The MJ duo wins just on having MJ over Kobe. Kobe would be testing even Duncan's even keel personality.

kobe wants to be the man. but he doesnt mind if he has to take a back seat for the betterment of the team

that and kobe can get his in a 2nd option role better than anyone. no other championship combo ever had a guy score like kobe as the 2nd option

not that kobe would be 2nd option to duncan. but it shows hes more trustworthy in a scientific experiment like this one

there was an interview with phil jackson where he said "jordan was concerned with leading the league in scoring every year. so i told him he can lower his average to 29-30 and still lead the league. but we'l actually have a chance to win at the same time"

jordans a moron... hes one of the greatest ever. but he really did care about scoring titles more than nba titles. hes insane

hes lucky he had a defensive minded team with such great complimentary role players and sidekicks like pippen who were even better defenders/playmakers than even he was

its obvious kobe is the more suited guy for a paring with another goat legendary alpha

jordan would never feel comfortable with the idea

sportjames23
09-11-2015, 01:40 AM
kobe wants to be the man. but he doesnt mind if he has to take a back seat for the betterment of the team

that and kobe can get his in a 2nd option role better than anyone. no other championship combo ever had a guy score like kobe as the 2nd option

not that kobe would be 2nd option to duncan. but it shows hes more trustworthy in a scientific experiment like this one

there was an interview with phil jackson where he said "jordan was concerned with leading the league in scoring every year. so i told him he can lower his average to 29-30 and still lead the league. but we'l actually have a chance to win at the same time"

jordans a moron... hes one of the greatest ever. but he really did care about scoring titles more than nba titles. hes insane

hes lucky he had a defensive minded team with such great complimentary role players and sidekicks like pippen who were even better defenders/playmakers than even he was

its obvious kobe is the more suited guy for a paring with another goat legendary alpha

jordan would never feel comfortable with the idea

Are you really this ****ing stupid?

kennethgriffin
09-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Are you really this ****ing stupid?

sad thing is... as crazy as it sounds. and as unbelievable as it may seem. i actually genuinely believe jordan cared more about being the best scorer than the best winner

no doubt in my mind he checked the ppg leaderboard on a daily basis more often than the season standings

he was still a top 1-3 player ever and arguable goat.

but hes a selfish piece of sh*t

:lol

ImKobe
09-11-2015, 02:15 AM
It would go 7 games, can't pick a winner.

tpols
09-11-2015, 02:32 AM
Duncan wouldn't fall for hakeem's bs footwork and mj would have to battle a guard with a GOAT level iso skillset unlike the reggies, starks, and clydes he was fortunate enough to face off against during the bulk of his career.

Not to mention Duncan being much better at smaller things offensively than hakeem such as setting screens, quick decision high post passing, shooting on a dime from wherever etc. to allow his counterpart Kobe and teammates to play better/get more opportunities as well as allow for better team offensive flow.

toxicxr6
09-11-2015, 02:38 AM
kobe is EASILY the weakest link in this scenario!!!

even a superior Duncan couldn't carry his selfish chucking ass against that team. there would be no double teaming.. Kobe would do what he has done his entire career, take dumb contested mid range shots.... and miss most of them. Jordan would destroy kobe at both ends of the floor...

kobe loses this one for Duncan

toxicxr6
09-11-2015, 02:40 AM
sad thing is... as crazy as it sounds. and as unbelievable as it may seem. i actually genuinely believe jordan cared more about being the best scorer than the best winner

no doubt in my mind he checked the ppg leaderboard on a daily basis more often than the season standings

he was still a top 1-3 player ever and arguable goat.

but hes a selfish piece of sh*t

:lol

firstly Jordan is the goat its not arguable..

secondly if anyone is more selfish than Jordan it is without a doubt kobe....

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-11-2015, 02:43 AM
Both duos would be successful, but I like MJ and Dream in this scenario. In my opinion, the two would play more consistent and "winning" basketball.

Ultimately it comes down to the guards' playmaking. Mike is a more willing passer than Kobe, and would get Hakeem more involved than Kobe would Duncan.

I do like the comparison someone made earlier about TD being Pau on roids. Hah. Truer words have never been spoken. Kobe and Timmay would have killed the league as a tandem.

kennethgriffin
09-11-2015, 02:54 AM
firstly Jordan is the goat its not arguable..

secondly if anyone is more selfish than Jordan it is without a doubt kobe....

this is why jordan fans are F*ggots to me

no matter how good jordan is. his fans will always bring him down

people talk so much shit about kobe fans. but atleast we have an objective opinion

kobes top 5-6 IMO. but its just my opinion and i can give a case for kobe to be ranked as highly as top 4

but i admit that its just my opinion

depending on what is valued most. a case for goat can be made for multiple guys

but most commonly BILL RUSSELL, KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR... and MJ

bill was the best player on atleast 6-7 celtics championship teams... if there was a finals mvp award back then. russell would be run away goat.

5 mvps
6-7 fmvps
11 rings

thats over jordan period case closed. but since theres no award people give it to jordan

as for kareem. he dominated basketball throughout his life. he was the greatest college player aswell. while jordan was a sidekick to james worthy

kareem won during wilts era, dr j's era, birds era... and even won during a year jordan was mvp...

kareem beat teams that raped michael...

kareem won finals mvps at an earlier age and won finals mvps at a later age

kareem was robbed for a finals mvp in 1980.

and going based on this... he damn well deserves atleast "A F*CKING ARGUMENT"

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/e2/60/39e26090a36c58f6c8b3a539297e5bb4.jpg

Akrazotile
09-11-2015, 02:58 AM
Kenneth melting

sportjames23
09-11-2015, 03:12 AM

people talk so much shit about kobe fans. but atleast we have an objective opinion

kobes top 5-6 IMO. but its just my opinion and i can give a case for kobe to be ranked as highly as top 4

bill was the best player on atleast 6-7 celtics championship teams... if there was a finals mvp award back then. russell would be run away goat.

5 mvps
6-7 fmvps
11 rings

thats over jordan period case closed. but since theres no award people give it to jordan

as for kareem. he dominated basketball throughout his life. he was the greatest college player aswell. while jordan was a sidekick to james worthy

kareem won during wilts era, dr j's era, birds era... and even won during a year jordan was mvp...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/e2/60/39e26090a36c58f6c8b3a539297e5bb4.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1351177788_nuclear_meltdown.jpg

rmt
09-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Duncan wouldn't fall for hakeem's bs footwork and mj would have to battle a guard with a GOAT level iso skillset unlike the reggies, starks, and clydes he was fortunate enough to face off against during the bulk of his career.

Not to mention Duncan being much better at smaller things offensively than hakeem such as setting screens, quick decision high post passing, shooting on a dime from wherever etc. to allow his counterpart Kobe and teammates to play better/get more opportunities as well as allow for better team offensive flow.

You Kobe stans never cease to amaze me with your spin. When it comes to a one on one comparison of Duncan vs Hakeem, you would NEVER admit the above bolded and would rave about how Hakeem > Duncan. But introduce Kobe into the equation, and all of a sudden, Duncan's does all these little things better than Hakeem. What a double standard.

dubeta
09-11-2015, 05:19 AM
Lmao what good is Duncan if he's just gonna be Kobe's spot up shooter? :lol

Harison
09-11-2015, 05:28 AM
:biggums: Jordan is better than Kobe offensively and Hakeem is better than DUncan offensively...

They are both a tier ahead or more defensively...

Are you kiddies really making this kind of thread these days?

Wow.
Pretty much, trolls these days cant even do it right :facepalm

DoctorP
09-11-2015, 06:07 AM
I never bet against that maniac Jordan.

HOoopCityJones
09-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Lmao what good is Duncan if he's just gonna be Kobe's spot up shooter? :lol

I think you have Kobe confused with that other guy who lives rent free up your ass. 2/6 is it?

Dragonyeuw
09-11-2015, 08:10 AM
You Kobe stans never cease to amaze me with your spin. When it comes to a one on one comparison of Duncan vs Hakeem, you would NEVER admit the above bolded and would rave about how Hakeem > Duncan. But introduce Kobe into the equation, and all of a sudden, Duncan's does all these little things better than Hakeem. What a double standard.

That, and the argument that MJ would have to battle a GOAT tier iso scoring set, as if the reverse isnt applicable. In this setting, MJ and Kobe probably cancel each other out, or any advantage would be fairly negligible to the outcome.

scandisk_
09-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Forget MJ and Dream

Imagine Kobe and TD with a serviceable PG and bigmen.

LEAGUE MASSACRE. If there was anyone that would blend well with Mamba's playstyle and personality it has to be TD (Basically Shaq-lite minus the ego and laziness)

toxicxr6
09-11-2015, 10:05 AM

5 mvps
6-7 fmvps
11 rings

Sorry Kenneth your garbage opinion is worth nothing here.. Kobe isn't top 5... He has maybe 8 at absolute best.... ISH vote had total consensus in that. It's official and the argument is dead so gtfo over it.. Only your circle jerking Kobe stans think otherwise.. Kobe never will be top 5.. Dude has only ONE mvp that's it... No one belongs on the top 5 with only one mvp.. What a fking joke you are.. Absolute trash

riseagainst
09-11-2015, 10:19 AM
how bout MJ and Duncan vs Kobe and Hakeem, seems more balanced this way.

Harison
09-12-2015, 02:50 AM
To make it very close, it should be something like:

MJ + (two tier lower big man) vs Kobe and Duncan.

Because if we pair up Jordan with one tier lower bigs like Garnett, Malone or even DRob, they would still win over Kobe/TD more often than not.

Iam
09-12-2015, 03:51 AM

5 mvps
6-7 fmvps
11 rings

This is the only statement that matters, the one that comes straight from the NBA not some dude on a forum but straight from the league-

"By acclamation, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time." Although, a summary of his basketball career and influence on the game inevitably fails to do it justice, as a phenomenal athlete with a unique combination of fundamental soundness, grace, speed, power, artistry, improvisational ability and an unquenchable competitive desire, Jordan single-handedly redefined the NBA superstar.

- http://www.nba.com/history/players/jordan_bio.html

/thread

p.s. your kareem comparison does not list seasons played, scoring titles, finals mvps, playoff averages etc. but please carry on. :pimp:

bizil
09-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Are we serious!! MJ and Dream for sure!! The only way to get to the Dream is having brutes like Wilt or Shaq. Or a guy like peak Kareem who is 7'2 and can dominate facing up or posting. Duncan at best could only play Dream to a draw. Wilt, Shaq, or Kareem have MORE OF A CHANCE to outplay the Dream to get the edge. MJ has the edge on ANY PERIMETER PLAYER PERIOD!! Can't argue perimeter guys over MJ. At least among the big men, u have more room for argument...