PDA

View Full Version : if your favorite player retired or suddenly died. who would you root for instead?

kennethgriffin
09-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Me =
(Team fan)
50% Lakers
50% Raptors

100% Andrew Wiggins (player fan)

I would probably wish more success upon wiggins than either of my fav teams

Wade's Rings
09-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Nobody

Fallen Angel
09-11-2015, 03:35 PM
I'd kill myself

Dr Hawk
09-11-2015, 03:35 PM
I can't choose who to root for. That must come naturally

Mr. Jabbar
09-11-2015, 03:36 PM
if LeKING died :( i would root for kobe to see what a clutch shot feels like

Akrazotile
09-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Fav player is Kobe, but once he moves on I'll prob start rooting for someone that's efficient, high IQ, good leader, plays defense, and doesnt snitch on teammates.

Muskarat
09-11-2015, 03:41 PM
After Kobe my favorite players are all role players and I'm not a huge fan of any of the league's current stars.
I can and will definitely root for Westbrook, probably Damian Lillard, and maybe Anthony Davis

Bay Area Baller
09-11-2015, 03:50 PM
As Monta Ellis so eloquently put it "I'ma Warriors", I'm always gonna be a Warriors".

gl in a Pacers jersey Monta :facepalm

riseagainst
09-11-2015, 03:55 PM

:lol
:roll:

gcvbcat
09-11-2015, 07:47 PM
if either tim or kobe died, I would root for the other one.

off topic, this mother****er jensen twin needs to shut up & stop sucking federer's ****. I am already pissed that serena lost. I am going to be mad if fed wins.

**** it.

Spurs m8
09-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Anyone that changes teams over a player is a ****ing girls dick, piece of shit, basketball disgrace.

Just quit the nba and **** off...guaranteed loser.

Naero
09-11-2015, 10:33 PM
As my favorite player is Kobe, which has been the case since 2006 while I was segueing into my NBA viewership, I've already acknowledged he's on the end-career cusp ever since the fateful achilles-tendon rupture in 2013; because of that, I've already brooded over his retirement as imminent and have already started to mull over the next centerpoint of my fanhood.

While localism dictates that my Milwaukee Bucks will be my favorite team, and the franchise is assuredly going under the right direction under Jason Kidd's coaching status, there are superstars that I have loved to see succeed on their own teams

stalkerforlife
09-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Fav player is Kobe, but once he moves on I'll prob start rooting for someone that's efficient, high IQ, good leader, plays defense, and doesnt snitch on teammates.

So if not Bran, who?

Lebronxrings
09-11-2015, 11:56 PM
kobe is my fav. If he died i would probably root for the next chucker/team killer/ sidekick. Maybe wade...

SamuraiSWISH
09-12-2015, 12:10 AM
It happened to me. I still rooted for the same team.

bobopenguin
09-12-2015, 12:14 AM
damn brah, u are messed up.

Bankaii
09-12-2015, 12:27 AM
You better find another backup or you'll never know how it feels.

MoBe1Kanobi
09-12-2015, 04:58 AM
As my favorite player is Kobe, which has been the case since 2006 while I was segueing into my NBA viewership, I've already acknowledged he's on the end-career cusp ever since the fateful achilles-tendon rupture in 2013; because of that, I've already brooded over his retirement as imminent and have already started to mull over the next centerpoint of my fanhood.

While localism dictates that my Milwaukee Bucks will be my favorite team, and the franchise is assuredly going under the right direction under Jason Kidd's coaching status, there are superstars that I have loved to see succeed on their own teams—including the Lakers legend that enticed me into watching the NBA to begin with. If they ever face my Bucks, my localistic bias for the team will supersede my fanhood of the superstar; but while their own teams are far from the first one that'll pose a threat to the Bucks, I like to see their team succeed en route to championship hardware because I know they'll earn more recognition for it.

Kevin Durant has already been my second-favorite player for a while, and he 's already gradually transitioned into becoming my favorite player while Kobe's career continues to wane away. My appreciation of his talent has never truly been sullied, because unlike LeBron, he's been widely accepted as the second-best player in the league (despite having eclipsed LeBron in 2014, IMO) and he thus hasn't been as subjected to the obtuse hype that LeBron has received.

:biggums: :biggums:

Niqqas writing epitaphs and shiiit tf

What is wrong wit u niqqa

MoBe1Kanobi
09-12-2015, 05:03 AM
"While localism dictates.."

:facepalm :facepalm

Foreal bro idk why tf ur post really got me tight :roll:

Like i lowkey hate ur formal faqqit ass 4 that

NZStreetBaller
09-12-2015, 07:54 AM
My favourite after kobe will be whoever plays the best on the night for the lakers.

AintNoSunshine
09-12-2015, 08:41 AM
If Kobe die today, I'd root for the King

ZMonkey11
09-12-2015, 10:47 AM
If Andre Drummond retired from thr NBA tomorrow, Stanley Johnson, KCP, Reggie Jackson.

Nrxt in line. Always be ready. Detroit vs Everybody!!!

AirFederer
09-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Wilt

stalkerforlife
09-12-2015, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Naero]As my favorite player is Kobe, which has been the case since 2006 while I was segueing into my NBA viewership, I've already acknowledged he's on the end-career cusp ever since the fateful achilles-tendon rupture in 2013; because of that, I've already brooded over his retirement as imminent and have already started to mull over the next centerpoint of my fanhood.

While localism dictates that my Milwaukee Bucks will be my favorite team, and the franchise is assuredly going under the right direction under Jason Kidd's coaching status, there are superstars that I have loved to see succeed on their own teams

Megabox!
09-12-2015, 11:27 AM
:lol
:roll:
:kobe:

imdaman99
09-12-2015, 11:30 AM
If Westbrook retires, I'm all in on the Porzingis train :rockon:

I'm already on it though :pimp:

ShawkFactory
09-12-2015, 12:44 PM
I became a team fan over a player fan when I was like 16.

red1
09-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Raps fan first and foremost of course. Other than the hometown team, bron and wade are the easy favorites. Glad I got to see these legends play and win together.

Now that guys like carter, nash, tmac and pierce are old/done the next favs would be wiggins and westbrook. Anthony davis is a beast too.