The Doc

SG
David Thompson

PG
???

FatComputerNerd
09-14-2015, 12:59 PM
PG = Kyrie

Argument could also be made for Curry but I think Kyrie takes the edge in the finesse category.

kshutts1
09-14-2015, 01:21 PM
How is it titled the Clyde Finesse Team and Clyde is not even on it?

And I have not seen much video of Kareem, but is he really more "finesse" than Hakeem?
Haywood over McHale?

Are you talking style or finesse?

Pointguard
09-14-2015, 02:16 PM
How is it titled the Clyde Finesse Team and Clyde is not even on it?

And I have not seen much video of Kareem, but is he really more "finesse" than Hakeem?
Haywood over McHale?

Are you talking style or finesse?
Ha, I meant to put Clyde there. What do you see finesse as? I could be wrong.

I have Kareem above Hakeem.

Hakeem is staccato compared to Kareem. Finesse I have as fluid and refined delicacy. Where you are thinking art and flow moreso than anything else. I think of Drexler and Doc as the embodiment of it. Mchale and Ice Man had hitches in their movement in comparison to these guys.

Thanks Fat ComputerNerd. Kyrie is a great example.

kshutts1
09-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Ha, I meant to put Clyde there. What do you see finesse as? I could be wrong.

I have Kareem above Hakeem.

Hakeem is staccato compared to Kareem. Finesse I have as fluid and refined delicacy. Where you are thinking art and flow moreso than anything else. I think of Drexler and Doc as the embodiment of it. Mchale and Ice Man had hitches in their movement in comparison to these guys.

Thanks Fat ComputerNerd. Kyrie is a great example.
When I hear the word "Finesse" I think of a "touch" game, as it were. Smart, precise, fluid. The opposite of power. Instead of going through, you go around.

Style is something I consider more flashy, show boat/off. Similar to finesse, but less need and effect, more because they want to or can.

Kareem's skyhook is the embodiment of finesse, IMO. But is that enough to put him above Hakeem, who was known for his moves? Maybe. Kareem is certainly not a bad pick. But I do think that McHale should be mentioned, even if there is a hitch, a lack of fluidity.

Mass Debator
09-14-2015, 02:39 PM
I like the Dream at center and Kyrie at point.

Wade and Dirk deserves a mention.

swagga
09-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Lebron's as soft as a 13yo girls panties, he is a HOF finesse player. How can you leave him out?

swagga
09-14-2015, 02:43 PM
seriously:
dirk
nash
gervin

Pointguard
09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
When I hear the word "Finesse" I think of a "touch" game, as it were. Smart, precise, fluid. The opposite of power. Instead of going through, you go around.

Style is something I consider more flashy, show boat/off. Similar to finesse, but less need and effect, more because they want to or can.

Kareem's skyhook is the embodiment of finesse, IMO. But is that enough to put him above Hakeem, who was known for his moves? Maybe. Kareem is certainly not a bad pick. But I do think that McHale should be mentioned, even if there is a hitch, a lack of fluidity.
Yeah we are similar on the smart, precise, fluid. I think you see it in that order whereas I see it in exactly the reverse. With smart having little to do with it in my meaning. McHale and Hakeem were really very crafty in figuring ways to "get around." So I see where we differ.

What I don't understand is why you don't mention smaller players being that they fit your description better? I had trouble trying to name smaller players. I left the PG out.

KNOW1EDGE
09-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Hakeem
Nowitzki
Pippen
Drexler
Curry

swagga
09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
imo hakeem/pippen have too many athletic plays to be elligible for this team.

pau
dirk
gervin
earl monroe
kyrie

Pointguard
09-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Finesse was a style at one point - in the cool era of the 60's. Look at Doc, Spencer Haywood, Connie Hawkins on video when you get a chance and then see movies like Superfly, Shaft and "the Mac." Finesse was Swag with a tone of fluid grace to it.

To quote the first rap record ever:

She Said, "I go by name of Lois Lane
And you could be my boyfriend, you surely can,
Just let me quit my boyfriend called Superman."
I said, "He's a fairy, I do suppose
Flyin' through the air in pantyhose
He may be very sexy, or even cute,
But he looks like a sucker in a blue and red suit,"
I said, "You need a man man who's got finesse
And his whole name across his chest
He may be able to fly all through the night,
But can he rock a party 'til the early light?
He can't satisfy you with his little worm,
But I can bust you out with my super sperm!"

Pointguard
09-14-2015, 03:10 PM
imo hakeem/pippen have too many athletic plays to be elligible for this team.

pau
dirk
gervin
earl monroe
kyrie
Solid list. Yes.

Hakeem
Nowitzki
Pippen
Drexler
Curry

Good list. Pippen, like Jordan, is one of those guys that could be on grit and grind list as well.

kshutts1
09-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah we are similar on the smart, precise, fluid. I think you see it in that order whereas I see it in exactly the reverse. With smart having little to do with it in my meaning. McHale and Hakeem were really very crafty in figuring ways to "get around." So I see where we differ.

What I don't understand is why you don't mention smaller players being that they fit your description better? I had trouble trying to name smaller players. I left the PG out.
A lot of smaller players have "finesse" attributes; that's essentially what got them to the NBA. More difficult to differentiate. Off the top of my head, and not saying these players the best ever, Manu and Maravich (more style, but still) are up there. AI. Magic had the size to overpower, but was predominantly finesse. Kobe. Just to name a few.

Muskarat
09-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Irving
Wade/Ginobili/(Maybe JR Smith lol)
Pierce
Pau
Haakeen