PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Steve Nash reaches agreement with Golden State

Fudge
09-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 23m23 minutes ago
ESPN sources say two-time MVP Steve Nash finalizing agreement with Golden State to join Warriors as part-time player development consultant

:biggums:

Achilleas
09-15-2015, 02:21 PM
wow nash will train curry
it's over :banana:

Dbrog
09-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Just what they need...a shooting coach :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
09-15-2015, 02:37 PM
nash destroys the integrity of any team he works for

he stunted the mavs

he gave the suns false hope

he raped the lakers for draft picks, money and their future

hes not a winner. he brings bad luck wherever he goes

he actually single handedly caused dwight to leave by causing kobes achilles injury ( nash missed a ton of games. kobe had to fill in at PG and play 40+mpg

FreezingTsmoove
09-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Would love to see Nash trying to guard Curry in practice

Dbrog
09-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Kenneth always good for a laugh :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-15-2015, 02:59 PM

he stunted the mavs

he actually single handedly caused dwight to leave by causing kobes achilles injury ( nash missed a ton of games. kobe had to fill in at PG and play 40+mpg
this. Nash has low ball IQ too especially defensively. I dont think its possible Steph gets any dumber on defense tho but not like itll matter. He isnt even the 7th most important part of their defense:oldlol: :oldlol:

clipps
09-15-2015, 03:02 PM

he stunted the mavs

Your God did that. Not Nash.

Mike Armstrong
09-15-2015, 05:18 PM

Yarp.

fiddy
09-15-2015, 05:20 PM
We gave Kobe draft picks as a part of his contract?

bdreason
09-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Game. Set. Match.

KnittingRyu
09-15-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't see how he improves them any. Anything he could teach a team they already do.

fiddy
09-15-2015, 05:25 PM
I don't see how he improves them any. Anything he could teach a team they already do.
Teach them how to cash out?

AnaheimLakers24
09-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Curry officially better than 0*/1 crybaby kd

fiddy
09-15-2015, 05:29 PM
Curry officially better than 0*/1 crybaby kd
And 0.5**/6 babydick james

warriorfan
09-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Nash doesn't know anything about basketball besides playing gimmick ball run and gun using sf and pfs as pfs and centers. If you want the mind behind the gimmick go to dantoni. Nash only benefited from playing with him. Plus I don't want scrubs who don't play defense and aren't winners influencing the locker room. We need more aMCs and dray gods, less beta male nashes

Doranku
09-15-2015, 06:05 PM

he stunted the mavs

:lol

I love Nash but he really f*cked the Lakers over. Still respect the man's game, but damn he did us dirty.

Spurs m8
09-15-2015, 06:19 PM
**** Nash sucks

4 Inches
09-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Silver trying to build this team into a likeable white team to counter Lebron's black team.
Silver knows how to exploit race relation even better than Stern. :applause:

Naero
09-15-2015, 06:49 PM
As a Lakers fan, I just lost all respect for Steve Nash.

I was willing to give him a pass for being mostly a non-contributor on the team; after all, his physiological inability to play was out of his hands, and he did every conceivable regimen to rehabilitate himself. I won't be as forgiving, however, for his refusal to do what's in his capacity to help out the Lakers.

Ever since he was announcedly ruled-out during the infancy of last season, he has spurned the Purple and Gold. He's remained remiss in the mentorship and assistant-coaching roles he was more than capable of doing for most of the season; and while he did start to make strides with Jordan Clarkson's menteeship last season, the Lakers have another new potentially all-star-caliber Point Guard mentee in D'Angello Russell that needs player-development attention as well.

The Lakers FO has been generous enough not to waive off his dead-weight contract in the past-two seasons (even after they foreknew he wouldn't be able to play last season), and the two-time MVP has made piss-poor efforts at reciprocating that loyalty.

catch24
09-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I have to agree with the sentiments above.

Not the biggest Nash fan, ATM. His "injuries" always kind of perplexed me, and at times, I often felt he milked it - but I was still willing to set that aside, and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dude got paid and is now essentially saying **** the Lakers...

Thunderfan86
09-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Drake looking pretty good in that Avy :cheers:

TheBigVeto
09-15-2015, 10:27 PM

he stunted the mavs

Nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe. Deal wit it dawg.

houston
09-15-2015, 11:23 PM

he stunted the mavs

yup this is true

theaussieguy
09-15-2015, 11:50 PM
wow at the Nash hate on these boards, he didn't do anything any other player in his position wouldn't do.

ZMonkey11
09-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Laughing all the way to the bank.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecwb2rG1w1rrr2r7o1_250.gif

shadow
09-16-2015, 01:10 AM

he stunted the mavs

Clarkson has credited Nash as helping him improve his game.

Uncle Drew
09-16-2015, 02:27 AM
this. Nash has low ball IQ too

:yaohappy:

FKAri
09-16-2015, 02:35 AM
lol @ these Nash haters. If the Lakers wanted him they probably could've had him. They probably didn't want him or didn't even bother to ask. That org is run like a zoo these days anyways.

Bankaii
09-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Nash doesn't know anything about basketball besides playing gimmick ball run and gun using sf and pfs as pfs and centers. If you want the mind behind the gimmick go to dantoni. Nash only benefited from playing with him. Plus I don't want scrubs who don't play defense and aren't winners influencing the locker room. We need more aMCs and dray gods, less beta male nashes
Literally everything you post is bullshit, it's embarrassing. If you don't know what you're talking about just shut up.
What is D'antoni's record with his great system without Nash? What has he accomplished as a coach at all?

And Steph is one of the worst defensive PGs in the league, let alone of a star. He has no influence on the game when his shot isn't falling.
Maybe Nash could teach him how to lead a team instead of having Iggy do it.

Inb4 uneducated response

Clifton
09-16-2015, 04:20 PM
He doesn't solve any needs, but this is part of GS's plan to bring as many great people as possible into their organization. You can never have too many.

24-Inch_Chrome
09-16-2015, 04:32 PM

Losing FMVP to a role player =/= alpha.

http://i.imgur.com/wVjmemb.jpg

I guess D'Antoni was the reason Nash ran the #1 all-time offense in Dallas. :rolleyes:

This garbage posting gimmick isn't even funny, what exactly do you get out of sitting at home all day and acting like a complete ****** on the internet?

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 04:33 PM

I guess D'Antoni was the reason Nash ran the #1 all-time offense in Dallas. :rolleyes:

This garbage posting gimmick isn't even funny, what exactly do you get out of sitting at home all day and acting like a complete ****** on the internet?

Real14. Dude is literally a fat @$$.

Fudge
09-16-2015, 04:33 PM

Got eem!

warriorfan
09-16-2015, 04:42 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Makes perfect sense that the Nash Stan would photoshop out the entire defensive splits. :roll:

Canada gonna Canada.

ShawkFactory
09-16-2015, 04:43 PM

Oh shit.

24-Inch_Chrome
09-16-2015, 04:54 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Makes perfect sense that the Nash Stan would photoshop out the entire defensive splits. :roll:

Canada gonna Canada.

The ******ry continues.

You said that Nash's offensive impact was nothing more than a product of D'Antoni's system, I posted evidence showing exactly how full of shit you are. I have never said that Nash was a good defender because he wasn't one but his offensive impact is unequaled.

I have evidence, you have speculation and bullshit (as usual). :confusedshrug:

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 04:57 PM
The ******ry continues.

You said that Nash's offensive impact was nothing more than a product of D'Antoni's system, I posted evidence showing exactly how full of shit you are. I have never said that Nash was a good defender because he wasn't one but his offensive impact is unequaled.

I have evidence, you have speculation and bullshit (as usual). :confusedshrug:

He's Real14 aka FreshPrince.

WorldWarriors
09-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Great pick up for the Warriors. I've always loved Nash's game. It can only help Steph get to the next level running the offense. He's good already but there are some holes that Nash can help plug.

I'm happy with this hire.

Naero
09-26-2015, 11:14 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-l-a-tried-to-hire-steve-nash-as-a-consultant/2015/09/26/

When he decidingly joined the Warriors while his mentorship was needed for the Lakers--wherein the young mentees, such as D'Angello Russell, could have availed from it--immediate inferences were that he spurned the Lakers, while others misbelieved that he wasn't even offered it by the Lakers brass. Now that the latter has been debunked, people can stop lending him the benefit of the doubt here in light of that report...

chips93
09-26-2015, 11:34 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-l-a-tried-to-hire-steve-nash-as-a-consultant/2015/09/26/

When he decidingly joined the Warriors while his mentorship was needed for the Lakers--wherein the young mentees, such as D'Angello Russell, could have availed from it--immediate inferences were that he spurned the Lakers, while others misbelieved that he wasn't even offered it by the Lakers brass. Now that the latter has been debunked, people can stop lending him the benefit of the doubt here in light of that report...

who gives a shit? he obviously has more loyalty to his longtime GM and the other ex-suns in the organisation, than he does to the lakers.

his time with the lakers was the worst period of his career, why would he have reason to go back there?

BTW, the point you make is very very straight forward, but you make it appear far more complicated with your writing style. i bet it turns a lot of people off.

ShaqTwizzle
09-26-2015, 11:54 PM
Seems like a pretty smart move.
This GS team is kind of like the upgraded or future version of those Nash led teams from the mid to late 00's.
Nash can probably offer help/tips for their offense and for Curry.
Just having a guy with his incredible shooting ability & skills to work or shoot around with Curry would probably be a good thing in order to possibly further his development.
Then again Nash might just be milking them for money but I doubt they are paying him much.

Lebronxrings
09-27-2015, 12:28 AM
He's Real14 aka FreshPrince.
:eek: lebron23 exposing these fakes. Time to leave the internet little boy warriorasteriskfan.

SCdac
09-27-2015, 11:20 AM
player-coach type of thing? seems fitting for him, I suppose

Fudge
09-27-2015, 12:08 PM
:eek: lebron23 exposing these fakes. Time to leave the internet little boy warriorasteriskfan.
:roll: