PDA

View Full Version : Biggest letdown team(s) of the 15-16 season ?

Legends66NBA7
09-16-2015, 10:35 AM
What are the teams that will disappoint you the most next season from projected expectations ?

For me, in the East it would be Milwaukee. Nice talent, but I dont like their spacing on offense and dont have the best interior defense. They should be great defensively on the perimeter, though. Out West, Memphis could be breaking down. Gasol peaked and overall the style Memphis plays just will further wear them down.

Any other suggestions ?

Gileraracer
09-16-2015, 10:54 AM
For me it's the LA Clippers in the West. Crazy talent like the years before but won't be able to take the next step (like the years before).

On the other hand its the Cavaliers. Several all stars colluded in the east to get to the finals with ease but one round vs the West will be too much again.

ArbitraryWater
09-16-2015, 10:59 AM
For me it's the LA Clippers in the West. Crazy talent like the years before but won't be able to take the next step (like the years before).

On the other hand its the Cavaliers. Several all stars colluded in the east to get to the finals with ease but one round vs the West will be too much again.

The West was never "too much"... GSW looked horrible against the Cavs. The betting odds have Cavs as a favorite because they too see that a healthy Cleveland team would have demolished GS.

HylianNightmare
09-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Clippers
Bulls
Pacers

Proctor
09-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Clippers
Rockets
Raptors

imdaman99
09-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Clips
Rockets
Bulls

WayOfWade
09-16-2015, 04:06 PM
I'd say the Heat, they were a pretty big letdown last year, and have the same potential to be a bigger letdown this year. Either they'll be really good, or they'll be the East version of the 2013 LA Lakers.
The Bulls won't ever be a letdown because I realistically have 0 faith in their title hopes after the past 5 seasons.
The Clippers though have a huge chance to be a massive letdown. Now there are no more excuses, they have an elite PG, an elite PF, an elite C, a good collection of shooters and a strong bench; still though, they are unproven, and last years playoffs don't really inspire much confidence

HoopologyPhD
09-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Spurs. They are considered near locks for championship but despite picking up the biggest free agent available, they are still depending on Duncan to keep delivering despite his Methuselah status.

AnaheimLakers24
09-16-2015, 04:23 PM
As a huge lebitch stan i dont have faith in him to lead MY CAVS to a ring

They will be my biggest letdown. Lebitch

Marv_Albert
09-16-2015, 04:33 PM
The Chicago Bulls once again

clipps
09-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Clippers of course. Best PF, best PG, top 5 Center in the league. Players returning(Rivers, Crawford, Redick, etc.) a long with some awesome additions and great shooters. If the Clippers don't win it all, it would be considered one of the biggest let down in NBA history.

Kobe_6/8
09-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Timberwolves
Wizards

Kobe_6/8
09-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Clippers of course. Best PF, best PG, top 5 Center in the league. Players returning(Rivers, Crawford, Redick, etc.) a long with some awesome additions and great shooters. If the Clippers don't win it all, it would be considered one of the biggest let down in NBA history.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2015/0206/nba_g_davis2_mb_600x600.jpg

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/21/23/64/4537622/5/628x471.jpg

http://www.basketball-wallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Russell-Westbrook-2013-Wallpaper.jpg

Dr. Ice
09-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Bulls and heat like always.

JT123
09-17-2015, 12:37 AM
The Heat. Everyone is expecting them to give the Cavs a scare, but I just don't see it. Wade and Bosh just aren't winners. At least not without a top 10 GOAT teammate next to them. :confusedshrug:

robby712
09-17-2015, 03:38 AM
Nobody said the Pelicans. I fell like after last year they are expected to make the playoffs again and improve based on their last year's performance. But the West is stacked. Utah and the Suns are right there,OKC will definitely make the playoffs this year if they are healthy. Even with AD they might miss the playoffs.

oti
09-17-2015, 03:57 AM
The Heat. Everyone is expecting them to give the Cavs a scare, but I just don't see it. Wade and Bosh just aren't winners. At least not without a top 10 GOAT teammate next to them. :confusedshrug:

say what ?:yaohappy:

that being said i do expect the Heat to not live up to their hype

clipps
09-17-2015, 11:31 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2015/0206/nba_g_davis2_mb_600x600.jpg

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/21/23/64/4537622/5/628x471.jpg

http://www.basketball-wallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Russell-Westbrook-2013-Wallpaper.jpg

Can you be any more dumb? Curry and Westbrook are undersized 2 guards that happen to play PG on their respective teams while Paul is the greatest traditional PG in our generation. Anthony Davis is one of the most talented players in the league but he's not a winner yet. Neither is Griffin, but Blake's won a few playoff series. AD? no. **** outta here, kid.

sd3035
09-17-2015, 01:07 PM

Wade won a ring with an old Shaq you moron

Dbrog
09-17-2015, 01:15 PM

Well, they aren't the best PF and PG but certainly top 3. It doesn't really matter though, your point stands. This SHOULD be looked at as one of the biggest letdowns ever. I mean, they are straight STACKED. Adding Smith and oldman Pierce for free is just ridiculous. Reminds me of when the Lakers would just add a buttload of amazing players with giving away almost nothing.

Heavincent
09-17-2015, 01:19 PM
The West was never "too much"... GSW looked horrible against the Cavs. The betting odds have Cavs as a favorite because they too see that a healthy Cleveland team would have demolished GS.

Enjoy your imaginary championship.

kshutts1
09-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Spurs. As someone else said, they lack depth, but it goes beyond "Methuselah". Manu, Duncan, West are all old and being asked to do a ton. Aldridge is nice, but he can't do it all himself. I just don't see the Spurs being legit title threats.

Pacers. If anyone considers them to be any better than second round fodder. I don't, but I have heard people say they'll be good. Can't wrap my head around that.

Title contenders:
Thunder
Warriors
Clips
Rockets
Cavs

Good teams that need help to contend:
Bulls
Heat
Pelicans
Spurs
Wizards

GrapeApe
09-17-2015, 01:51 PM

Shaq's play was nowhere near top 10 GOAT level in 2006. His all time ranking is irrelevant. That's like me saying Lebron isn't a winner without a top 3 GOAT SG and a future HOFer big man.

kamil
09-17-2015, 01:56 PM
Does the ISH admin have any plans to implement a system of automatically scaling down giant images posted by idiots? Throws the whole damn page of order...

sd3035
09-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Does the ISH admin have any plans to implement a system of automatically scaling down giant images posted by idiots? Throws the whole damn page of order...

He's a Chris Paul fan, he's suffered enough already

Lebron23
09-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers, OKC Thunder. Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, and Houston Rockets.

Smoke117
09-17-2015, 04:46 PM
I think it will be the Spurs. Having landed Aldridge anything less than a hard fought WCF battle is a let down and I don't think they will get past the 2nd round.

Spurs m8
09-17-2015, 06:04 PM
LMAO The Cavs.

What an over-rated piece of shit team.

Again they'll probably get through the easy East and face a far better West opponent if they even make it that far.
LeBron is such a weak ****.

GSW being shit in the Finals says more about them than it does CLE, GS had a piss easy play off run and are not as good as people make them out to be.
Watch them fall this season, especially Klay.

Duderonomy
09-17-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't know if you can count out the Spurs. The core of Kawhi, Green, Alridge, and Parker shouldn't be counted out. The Rockets on the other hand are pure pretenders. I'd like to see a Warriors/Thunders wcf but the clips and spurs have an outside shot. In the East I don't see Boston or Brooklyn going back to the postseason. The Pacers and Heat should make it barring injuries.

Spurs5Rings2014
09-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Dudes salty as hell we 'bout to get another chip.

:lol