09-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Team is:

Lebron
Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin
Jason Collins

6th man: Keith Van Horn

Does he even make the playoffs? Does he make the finals?

I think the won't make the playoffs, there is only one shooter on that team in Kerry Kittles and he isn't even a good shooter.

ShawkFactory
09-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Yes to both

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 06:33 PM
How many Finals MVP does Kidd have? Zero.

How many MVP Does Kidd have?? Zero

LeBron is a better version of Jason Kidd.

22 yrs.old LeBron > Prime Kidd

LeBron led a much weaker finals team twice in the NBA Finals.

aj1987
09-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Team is:

Lebron
Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin
Jason Collins

I think the won't make the playoffs, there is only one shooter on that team in Kerry Kittles and he isn't even a good shooter.
That's because you're an idiot.

That team with LeBron might actually win a game against the Lakers.

Wade's Rings
09-16-2015, 06:49 PM

:biggums:

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 06:56 PM
That's because you're an idiot.

That team with LeBron might actually win a game against the Lakers.

Lebron with that Nets team is more talented than the 2015 Cavaliers. Kettles, Martin, and Van Horn were putting up good numbers without this bald headed wife beater.

Van Horn averaged 21/9, 20/9. 19/9 before he played with Kidd. Keith is one of the most underrated players in this forum.

KembaWalker
09-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Finals yes

Doesn't win tho

90sgoat
09-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Lebron with that Nets team is more talented than the 2015 Cavaliers. Kettles, Martin, and Van Horn were putting up good numbers without this bald headed wife beater.

Van Horn averaged 21/9, 20/9. 19/9 before he played with Kidd. Keith is one of the most underrated players in this forum.

Lol.

Those guys all put up good numbers because of Kidd, check their stats without him, they plummet.

That Nets team was one of the worst supporting casts in the history of the league to make the finals.

Lets compare:

Ilgauskas > Collins
Boozer > Kenyon Martin (check their careers)
Moe Green > Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson = Larry Hughes

SouBeachTalents
09-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Lol.

Those guys all put up good numbers because of Kidd, check their stats without him, they plummet.

That Nets team was one of the worst supporting casts in the history of the league to make the finals.

Lets compare:

Ilgauskas > Collins
Boozer > Kenyon Martin (check their careers)
Moe Green > Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson = Larry Hughes

You literally don't know what you're talking about. Boozer was only LeBron's teammate his rookie year. And who the **** is Moe Green, that dude from the Godfather?

Anyway, to say that team with LeBron misses the playoffs in the East is the kind of shit that should be ban worthy. I know you're retarded, but even you don't believe that

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:18 PM

kidd was robbed mvp in 02

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 07:21 PM
kidd was robbed mvp in 02

I don't think so. Timmy D is a deserving MVP.

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 07:22 PM
You literally don't know what you're talking about. Boozer was only LeBron's teammate his rookie year. And who the **** is Moe Green, that dude from the Godfather?

Anyway, to say that team with LeBron misses the playoffs in the East is the kind of shit that should be ban worthy. I know you're retarded, but even you don't believe that

/End Thread

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:22 PM
I don't think so. Timmy D is a deserving MVP.

the only reason kidd didn't win is because of the domestic trouble he got in at the beginning of the season and they didn't want their MVP to be a guy who had just recently been in trouble for beating his wife

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 07:26 PM
the only reason kidd didn't win is because of the domestic trouble he got in at the beginning of the season and they didn't want their MVP to be a guy who had just recently been in trouble for beating his wife

Duncan put up much better numbers than Kidd.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2002.html

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Duncan put up much better numbers than Kidd.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2002.html

basketball isn't played on paper

thats probably the closest MVP race ever in terms of votes

aj1987
09-16-2015, 07:28 PM
What in the actual ****? :biggums: :biggums:

Nets won 52 and the Spurs won 58. Timmy averaged 26/13/4/3/1 on 58% TS and Kidd averaged 15/7/10/2 on 48% TS. Timmy basically averaged 11 more points and 6 more rebounds than on 10% better efficiency than Kidd while averaging only 6 fewer assists. Not to mention Timmy was a MUCH better defender.

This is going in the dumbest things ever said thread.

90sgoat
09-16-2015, 07:29 PM

:biggums:

Why u mad tho?

90sgoat
09-16-2015, 07:30 PM

Nets won 52 and the Spurs won 58. Timmy averaged 26/13/4/3/1 on 58% TS and Kidd averaged 15/7/10/2 on 48% TS. Timmy basically averaged 11 more points and 6 more rebounds than on 10% better efficiency than Kidd while averaging only 6 fewer assists. Not to mention Timmy was a MUCH better defender.

This friends is what we call a boxscore fan.

aj1987
09-16-2015, 07:32 PM
This friends is what we call a boxscore fan.
How would you know defense from boxscores? Please tell me.

Stop being a retarded **** and actually watch the games. Timmy in '02 >>>>>>>> Kidd and the Spurs in '02 >>>>>>> the Nets.

warriorfan
09-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Alpha Male Curry would win the championship on the 2001 Nets. Lebron... I don't think so.

ErhnamDjinn

the reason Kmart,kittles and van horn thrived was because of Kidd, Lebron is to ball dominant. And needs actual Alpha1 and 2 guys as help. I wont deny talent wise LBJ is better then kidd and its not even close, but I dont think LBJ can carry the Nets the way Kidd did.

Rocketswin2013
Kidd was great, but watching the '02 Finals, his game impact just wasn't that high. He was having his usual Kidd-like games in the Finals and couldn't even approach Kobe's level.

With that said, he turned a pitiful offense into an average one. LeBron in his prime turned similar offenses into elite ones. No comparison.

Wade's Rings
09-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Alpha Male Curry would win the championship on the 2001 Nets. Lebron... I don't think so.

Who's going to lead him in the Finals?

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:38 PM

way to expose yourself

of course you wouldn't know that the 2002 nba mvp race was one of the closest of all time

ESPN ranked the 2002 nba mvp race as of of the most controversial MVP's of all time across all sports

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/MVPcontroversy.html

Lebron23
09-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Who's going to lead him in the Finals?

Kenyon Martin is going to win the NBA Finals MVP.

Hey Yo
09-16-2015, 07:40 PM
the reason Kmart,kittles and van horn thrived was because of Kidd, Lebron is to ball dominant. And needs actual Alpha1 and 2 guys as help. I wont deny talent wise LBJ is better then kidd and its not even close, but I dont think LBJ can carry the Nets the way Kidd did.
2007 proved LeBron didn't...... considering neither Nets nor Cavs won the title in 01 or 07

aj1987
09-16-2015, 07:40 PM
way to expose yourself

of course you wouldn't know that the 2002 nba mvp race was one of the closest of all time

ESPN ranked the 2002 nba mvp race as of of the most controversial MVP's of all time across all sports

Saying Kidd was robbed in '02 is probably one of the dumbest things ever said. If Kidd won in '02, it would've been an '01 Iverson type MVP. Dude legit robbed Shaq.

They also ranked Wade's '06 Finals as the GOAT Finals performance. Shaq and MJ have a couple which are better.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Saying Kidd was robbed in '02 is probably one of the dumbest things ever said. If Kidd won in '02, it would've been an '01 Iverson type MVP. Dude legit robbed Shaq.

it was actually one of the closest MVP races of all time.. 12 point differential in first place votes..

you are straight up exposing yourself as somebody who definitely didn't watch basketball back then

:roll: :roll:

aj1987
09-16-2015, 07:46 PM
it was actually one of the closest MVP races of all time.. 12 point differential in first place votes..

you are straight up exposing yourself as somebody who definitely didn't watch basketball back then

:roll: :roll:
You said ROBBED. Kidd wasn't robbed. It was a close race and the guy who DESERVED it won.

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:46 PM
this guy is straight up exposing himself, you must have began watching ball pretty recently

Jason Kidd did get in trouble for beating his wife during the 2001-2002 season, which may have factored into the MVP award decision despite the fact that Kidd was one of the most dynamic players of all time and turned the Nets around from a losing team to a playoff contender. The Big Fundamental in Tim Duncan was a solid player that year, like he is every year, but Kidd had a special-sauce type of season. Had he maintained a cleaner image off the court he most likely would have walked away with the MVP prize.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/top-6-nba-mvp-snubs-of-all-time/ss-AAayR0W#image=6

Perhaps it was because voters felt that they snubbed Tim Duncan for MVP in 1999, or it was because Jason Kidd's arrest for spousal abuse in 2001 just biased them against him, but many believed that Tim Duncan did not deserve the MVP award in 2002.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/573923-the-eight-most-controversial-nba-mvp-wins-of-all-time/page/3

Duncan averaged 25.5 points and 12.7 rebounds for the Spurs while Kidd engineered an amazing turnaround for the Nets after coming over from Phoenix: from 26 wins to 52 and a trip to the NBA Finals. He was attempting to become the first point guard since Magic Johnson in 1990 to be named MVP, but Duncan's scoring won out over Kidd's playmaking. Kidd had averaged 14.7 points, 9.9 assists and 7.3 rebounds, but shot just 39.1 percent (no MVP had shot that poorly since Bob Cousy in 1957).

[QUOTE]Beyond the assists (9.9 per game, second in the league at the All-Star break), rebounds (7.1) and scoring (14.3), these are the numbers that explain why Kidd received 20 votes: Last season the Nets finished 26-56; thanks to Kidd's leadership New Jersey was an Eastern Conference-best 32-15 through Sunday. The last time the Nets were this much fun to watch, the team played with a red-white-and-blue ball. Kidd's abysmal 37.7% shooting prompted some to vote for Shaq (who was second with seven), but when you can dominate on both ends of the court without taking a shot

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:49 PM
it was literally the 4th closest MVP race in 25 years

claiming Kidd was robbed isn't "one of the dumbest things ever said" as you claimed

you're just an idiot who wasn't watching basketball back then and who looked at the box score and got all riled up

again way to expose yourself

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:49 PM
this guy is straight up exposing himself, you must have began watching ball pretty recently

Jason Kidd did get in trouble for beating his wife during the 2001-2002 season, which may have factored into the MVP award decision despite the fact that Kidd was one of the most dynamic players of all time and turned the Nets around from a losing team to a playoff contender. The Big Fundamental in Tim Duncan was a solid player that year, like he is every year, but Kidd had a special-sauce type of season. Had he maintained a cleaner image off the court he most likely would have walked away with the MVP prize.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/top-6-nba-mvp-snubs-of-all-time/ss-AAayR0W#image=6

Perhaps it was because voters felt that they snubbed Tim Duncan for MVP in 1999, or it was because Jason Kidd's arrest for spousal abuse in 2001 just biased them against him, but many believed that Tim Duncan did not deserve the MVP award in 2002.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/573923-the-eight-most-controversial-nba-mvp-wins-of-all-time/page/3

Duncan averaged 25.5 points and 12.7 rebounds for the Spurs while Kidd engineered an amazing turnaround for the Nets after coming over from Phoenix: from 26 wins to 52 and a trip to the NBA Finals. He was attempting to become the first point guard since Magic Johnson in 1990 to be named MVP, but Duncan's scoring won out over Kidd's playmaking. Kidd had averaged 14.7 points, 9.9 assists and 7.3 rebounds, but shot just 39.1 percent (no MVP had shot that poorly since Bob Cousy in 1957).

[QUOTE]Beyond the assists (9.9 per game, second in the league at the All-Star break), rebounds (7.1) and scoring (14.3), these are the numbers that explain why Kidd received 20 votes: Last season the Nets finished 26-56; thanks to Kidd's leadership New Jersey was an Eastern Conference-best 32-15 through Sunday. The last time the Nets were this much fun to watch, the team played with a red-white-and-blue ball. Kidd's abysmal 37.7% shooting prompted some to vote for Shaq (who was second with seven), but when you can dominate on both ends of the court without taking a shot

Vaniiiia
09-16-2015, 07:50 PM
This moron said they wouldn't make the playoffs. Jesus ****ing christ...:facepalm

90sgoat
09-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Kidd is one of the most underrated players if you only look at numbers. He would lead the league by a wide margin in hockey assists and he played great defense. That 2011 Dallas team doesn't win without Kidd making the clutch defensive plays. Underrated throughout his entire career, what he did with that lousy Nets team was one of the greatest performances of all time.

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Kidd is one of the most underrated players if you only look at numbers. He would lead the league by a wide margin in hockey assists and he played great defense. That 2011 Dallas team doesn't win without Kidd making the clutch defensive plays. Underrated throughout his entire career, what he did with that lousy Nets team was one of the greatest performances of all time.

from 26 wins to the finals by adding nothing but basically Kidd

90sgoat
09-16-2015, 07:58 PM
from 26 wins to the finals by adding nothing but basically Kidd

This. If that isn't top 10 GOAT impact then what is?

aj1987
09-16-2015, 08:02 PM
it was literally the 4th closest MVP race in 25 years

claiming Kidd was robbed isn't "one of the dumbest things ever said" as you claimed

you're just an idiot who wasn't watching basketball back then and who looked at the box score and got all riled up

again way to expose yourself
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

58 win team vs 52 win team
26/13/4/3 on 58% TS vs 15/7/10/2 on 48% TS
ATG level defender vs ELITE defender

Tell me again how Kidd was robbed. There's a difference between losing and being robbed.

I know that you're a Kobe turd who wants to belittle Duncan's accomplishments, so GTFOH. No one was robbed. The one who deserved it more won.

MastaKilla
09-16-2015, 08:14 PM

Tell me again how Kidd was robbed. There's a difference between losing and being robbed.

I know that you're a Kobe turd who wants to belittle Duncan's accomplishments, so GTFOH. No one was robbed. The one who deserved it more won.

i've already told you

and stop just looking at box scores

the game isn't played on paper

and wtf does this have to do with "belittling Duncan" becuase I think (as do many other) that Kidd deserved MVP over Duncan that's belittling him?

lmao you got exposed..

SI & ESPN both have it ranked as one of the most controversial MVP's of all time, not too big of a stretch to say that Kidd was robbed.. he took a 26 win team to the finals that year for ffs and completely turned that franchise around..

aj1987
09-16-2015, 08:16 PM
i've already told you

and stop just looking at box scores

the game isn't played on paper

and wtf does this have to do with "belittling Duncan" becuase I think (as do many other) that Kidd deserved MVP over Duncan that's belittling him?

lmao you got exposed..

SI & ESPN both have it ranked as one of the most controversial MVP's of all time, not too big of a stretch to say that Kidd was robbed.. he took a 26 win team to the finals that year for ffs and completely turned that franchise around..
Once again, how am I looking at boxscores, when I'm saying that Timmy was a SIGNIFICANTLY better defender than Kidd? Not only that, look at the team wins and the conferences that they played in. Not watching games is your your only argument? Seriously?

Again, Kidd wasn't robbed.

Smoke117
09-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Team is:

Lebron
Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin
Jason Collins

...uh...you realize Lebron is better and has a bigger impact on the game than Jason Kidd right? Or realize Jason kidd couldn't shoot worth a shit for most of his career? Are you one of the new trolls here? Because you are either trolling or truly massively ****ing stupid if you don't think Lebron replacing Kidd in the pathetic 2001 east wouldn't make the playoffs. That 2001 season is possible the worst the east had ever been, but the Nets aren't going to make the playoffs replacing Kidd with the guy who's the best player in the league right now? Right. I'm a big Jason Kidd fan too...but that's just delusional.

To4
09-16-2015, 08:22 PM
They would still make the Finals but will still lose

tpols
09-16-2015, 08:30 PM

cmon man, you cant measure kids worth by just stats, much less his own individual scoring efficiency if you knew anything about him

aj1987
09-16-2015, 08:34 PM
cmon man, you cant measure kidd by stats, much less his own individual scoring efficiency if you knew anything about him
Not just stats. I brought up basically EVERY facet of basketball. Kidd was an ATG level passer, but Timmy was a significantly better defender, rebounder, and scorer. Scoring is what really separates them though. Timmy was getting you 26 a night on 10% better efficiency WHILE playing better defense than Kidd.

I mean, how else are we supposed to compare them? I'm not allowed to bring up stats, team wins, or even defense. :confusedshrug:

Smoke117
09-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Not just stats. I brought up basically EVERY facet of basketball. Kidd was an ATG level passer, but Timmy was a significantly better defender, rebounder, and scorer. Scoring is what really separates them though. Timmy was getting you 26 a night on 10% better efficiency WHILE playing better defense than Kidd.

I mean, how else are we supposed to compare them? I'm not allowed to bring up stats, team wins, or even defense. :confusedshrug:

To be fair...Jason Kidd to me is the greatest defensive player ever at the PG position ever...his impact was huge defensively for that position because of his size and outstanding help/team defense. The Suns were second in defense in 2001...14 in 2002 when they swapped Kidd for Marbury. The Nets were 23rd in 2001...1st in 2002. Obviously Kidd isn't the only factor, but he was the best and most impactful defensive player and the one who set the tone as a POINT GUARD on the number 1 defensive team in the league...that's impressive no matter how you spin it.

aj1987
09-16-2015, 08:51 PM
To be fair...Jason Kidd to me is the greatest defensive player ever at the PG position ever...his impact was huge defensively for that position because of his outstanding size and help/team defense. The Suns were second in defense in 2001...14 in 2002 when they swapped Kidd for Marbury. The Nets were 23rd in 2001...1st in 2002. Obviously Kidd isn't the only factor, but he was the best and most impactful defensive player and the one who set the tone as a POINT GUARD on the number 1 defensive team in the league...that's impressive no matter how you spin it.
Never said otherwise. If I had to pick a player who has had more defensive impact amongst those two, I'd pick Timmy though. The Spurs have been outside the top 5 defensively only 3 times in Timmy's career, IIRC, and he anchored the league's best defense 5 times.

JellyBean
09-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Team is:

Lebron
Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin
Jason Collins

Yes they make the playoffs. Not sure about making it to the Finals. Remember, the Nets struggled with the Pacers (with a young Ron-Ron aka Metta) Jermaine O'Neal, the Miller Boys (Reggie and Brad) and had to go into an extra period... twice, in the Game 5 in order to get the win. People forget that Keith Van Horn could shoot. So you have LeBron, Kenyon Martin, and Keith Van Horn as your Big 3. It is possible they make the Finals but I really don't see it happening.

Straight_Ballin
09-16-2015, 09:21 PM

Lol at Boozer his only teammate. Are you forgetting about Z and Mcinnis who averaged as much as boozer did?

G0ATbe
09-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Gets 1st seed out East, loses in the 1st round then leaves to join Kobe/Shaq next season.

Clifton
09-16-2015, 11:44 PM
Good question.

I don't think it's clear the team is better. Those Nets struck a delicate balance: a minimum of talent, all brought together by Kidd's unique ability to stitch oddities together into a respectable team.

Lebron does this too in his own way, and has made the Finals with comparable talent, but it would look different than it did with Kidd, and considering how much trouble they had in a weak East, I wouldn't say it's a guarantee they make it through with anything different than what they had.

Chemistry was huge for them, and as great as Lebron is as a passer, there might have been some frustration with many of those Nets players not having clear roles and strengths. What was Keith Van Horn? Richard Jefferson? They weren't knock-down 3pt-shooters, and nor were they Dwyane Wade. Lebron prefers role players with clear roles and strengths. Look at the current Cavs. You know JR will hoist threes and you know Shump will guard the best player and you know Kyrie can run the offense and score when Lebron's resting. TT and Kenyon Martin have similar roles on offense, and Lebron could make up for Kmart's rebounding, but besides that it doesn't look to me like an ideal Lebron supporting cast.

34-24 Footwork
09-16-2015, 11:49 PM
They would make playoffs and get swept immediately. Espn commentators and Lebron stans would blame Kenyon Martin and Collins for not thriving in their role of spot up jump shooters.

MiseryCityTexas
09-17-2015, 03:38 AM
Team still wouldn't win shit.

90sgoat
09-17-2015, 07:22 AM
Good question.

I don't think it's clear the team is better. Those Nets struck a delicate balance: a minimum of talent, all brought together by Kidd's unique ability to stitch oddities together into a respectable team.

Lebron does this too in his own way, and has made the Finals with comparable talent, but it would look different than it did with Kidd, and considering how much trouble they had in a weak East, I wouldn't say it's a guarantee they make it through with anything different than what they had.

Chemistry was huge for them, and as great as Lebron is as a passer, there might have been some frustration with many of those Nets players not having clear roles and strengths. What was Keith Van Horn? Richard Jefferson? They weren't knock-down 3pt-shooters, and nor were they Dwyane Wade. Lebron prefers role players with clear roles and strengths. Look at the current Cavs. You know JR will hoist threes and you know Shump will guard the best player and you know Kyrie can run the offense and score when Lebron's resting. TT and Kenyon Martin have similar roles on offense, and Lebron could make up for Kmart's rebounding, but besides that it doesn't look to me like an ideal Lebron supporting cast.

Great post mate, the bolded is what the Lebron fans don't understand. These Nets guys were a weird bunch. Individually none of them were really well defined players. Kenyon Martin was a typical headcase athlete, who was atrociously bad at finishing outside 2 feet. Richard Jefferson certainly wasn't a knockdown shooter not at all, he had some skills in the open floor sure, Keith Van Horn was actually a skilled player, 'great white hope', but he was just too damn soft and this time it wasn't racism, he really was too soft for the 4 position and too slow for the 3. Jason Collins was horrendously bad and slow footed.

What would Lebron do with such a group?

He would run with Jefferson for sure, but how would he set up Kenyon? Lebron isn't and has never been the kind of guy to set up his guys just below the basket. That's the biggest knock on his passing, most his assists are away from the basket to shooters.

I think Van Horn would probably be a starter with Lebron, perhaps even at center, but that would be straight murder on defense.

gasolina
09-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Not sure how to answer here. In that era Lebron would have to play the 3, so the only logical to replace KVH with someone to play point. The closest one I can think after 5 minutes of research was 2001 Chauncey Billups. Both were drafted the same time and kinda underwhelmed where KVH put up numbers but was soft and always injured. Billups wasn't big shot yet but he was starting to turn it around after having 3 teams give up on him.

So you roll with:
Chauncey
Kittles
Current Bron
Martin
Collins
6th man Jefferson

I think 2001 Billups will actually work well with LeBron although Kittles, Martin, and Jefferson are terrible fits. Remeber the Nets were only a 50 win team in the East, and the Kidd was responsible for majority of the offense with rebounding and pushing the ball for easy baskets. Current Lebron don't do that off rebounds.

They'll have to rely on set plays and maybe posting up Lebron with defensive handchecking. Everyone else aside from Billups could not create his own shot. I vaguely remember a year where K-Mart had a post game but it just kinda fizzled out.

Defensively they'll be a monster and I can just imagine what bad things they would do against the Celtics and the Pacers. Could they have beaten the Lakers? Doubt it, this is prime Shaq we're talking about here.

***Just my two cents on the Kidd/Duncan debate. I remember it was controversial and maybe its just me but Kidd losing that MVP probably tipped the scale for Nash getting those two MVPs a few years after. It was almost the same thing with Nash were he took over a team and they immediately became better. Both guys even replaced the same player in Marbury.

Poor Marbury

90sgoat
09-17-2015, 10:33 AM
^ Lol you can't just replace KVH with Billups, doesn't work that way. Lebron clearly plays point with Kittles and Jefferson SG/SF, works out fine coverage wise too, Lebron covers SF, Jefferson SG and Kittles PG.

Or you can use Lucious Harris off the bench.

OnFire
09-17-2015, 11:14 AM
way to expose yourself

He is exposing that he has his own opinion with facts to back it up. You are puppeting what one other person wrote on of all places espn. Kings of bs trolling articles.

But maybe Dave Shoenfield knows what he is talking about but he is a blogger with opinion article nothing more.

wang4three
09-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Team is:

Lebron
Kerry Kittles
Richard Jefferson
Kenyon Martin
Jason Collins

At the time, Todd Macculloch is the starter. Only one shooter? Keith Van Horn was a stretch 4. Kerry was a reliable shooter for the most part besides being streaky. Lucious Harris was also a decent shooter off the bench.

I really don't think you know this team at all.

90sgoat
09-17-2015, 02:47 PM
At the time, Todd Macculloch is the starter. Only one shooter? Keith Van Horn was a stretch 4. Kerry was a reliable shooter for the most part besides being streaky. Lucious Harris was also a decent shooter off the bench.

I really don't think you know this team at all.

Lol you don't know shit, Collins was the starter and played the most minutes.

GimmeThat
09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
besides the fact I think Jason Collins would beat big Z up and down the court on a foot race.

and that means Lebron's half court bull dozing plays would have to be taken off.

with Byron Scott as their head coach still.

yea, they make the finals. they really do have enough players to make the shots from the 13-18,19 shot clock time frame.

now the question is does Lebron take those 3 point shots his coach asks him to, instead of looking for another play?

how many Centers could Kerry Kittles connect with though? I'd say that Ideally someone who plays vertically and would out sprint Kenyon Martin due to only having to run from the Center court to the opposing Center court instead of the Foward positions. In which, then knowing the players that entered the league after the 2001 season. I might be missing someone who ended up playing the Power Forward position.

Lebron23
09-17-2015, 05:54 PM

He's a New Jersey Nets fan, and actually watched the Nets live in the NBA Finals.

houston
09-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Team still wouldn't win shit.

yup this true

kamil
09-17-2015, 06:25 PM

Isn't your idol also balding? And aren't you balding yourself too?

Lebron23
09-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Isn't your idol also balding? And aren't you balding yourself too?

I just shave my head because my favorite player is Paul Lee of Rain or Shine.

DoctorP
09-17-2015, 06:30 PM
2/10

kamil
09-17-2015, 06:33 PM

So you think the bald insult is ok when it benefits your own argument even if your idol including yourself is bald?

Interesting logic. Will you laugh at someone with cancer when you get it too?

HurricaneKid
09-17-2015, 06:36 PM
People complain about how bad the east is now but it was FAAAAAaaar worse back then. Think about this: the Nets beat the Pierce/Walker/R Rogers Celtics in the ECF. Yes, Rodney Rogers was the 3rd leading scorer for the other team in the ECF.

So yes, any LeBron team is going to the Finals in that era.

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2015, 06:41 PM

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/GIFs/kYXeaZi_zpsggsisp4a.gif (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/MaleRuler/media/GIFs/kYXeaZi_zpsggsisp4a.gif.html)

aj1987
09-17-2015, 06:52 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Why?

That's just idiotic.

wang4three
09-18-2015, 02:52 PM

Wrong.

Todd started 61/62 games he played including all 4 games in the Finals whereas Jason started 9/77 games he played and none in the finals. He got more minutes? You mean the 1 more minute he got in the finals? The only reason he got equal amount of minutes was that Todd was in foul trouble the entire time.

Jason did a good job of defending Shaq (well, as well as you could do against a prime Shaq), but Todd was more suited cause we need more offense.

gasolina
09-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Jason did a good job of defending Shaq (well, as well as you could do against a prime Shaq), but Todd was more suited cause we need more offense.
Agreed. Another under-appreciated facet of the MDE's impact on the game. All teams needed a big guy to match up with Shaq. Made careers of big white stiffs everywhere.

Kinda like how the new rules created the 3&D player

wang4three
09-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Agreed. Another under-appreciated facet of the MDE's impact on the game. All teams needed a big guy to match up with Shaq. Made careers of big white stiffs everywhere.

Kinda like how the new rules created the 3&D player

Just look at Kenyon Martin's response in 2002 after the Nets found out they would be facing the Spurs instead of the Lakers. I remember Kenyon was laughing and said, "We just happy we're not facing Shaq." We traded T-Mac Canada and KVH for Mutombo just because we had to find an answer to Shaq.