PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 NBA Southeast Division preview

insidehoops
09-17-2015, 02:56 PM
2015-2016 NBA Southeast Division preview

Post your predicted order of finish for the Southeast division.

And, comment on each team. Strengths, weaknesses, anything.

LAST SEASON'S SOUTHEAST DIVISION FINISH, AND THEIR WIN TOTAL, WAS:

Hawks (60 wins):
Wizards (46 wins):
Heat (37 wins):
Hornets (33 wins):
Magic (25 wins):

TheMarkMadsen
09-17-2015, 02:59 PM
a division comprised of elite nba teams :applause: :applause:

Duderonomy
09-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Wizards 51-31 , Hawks 49-33, Heat 46-36, Hornets 34-48, Magic 30-52

Jameerthefear
09-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Heat: 55-27
Wiz: 50-32
Hawks: 51-30
Orlando: 41-41
Hornets: 27-55

chips93
09-18-2015, 08:42 AM
Hawks (49 wins) - they lost a key started in carroll, and tbh i think their season was a bit flukey. now that teams will take them seriously, and know what to prepare for i think they fall back to earth a bit. still a solid season though

Heat (47 wins) - One of the best starting 5s in the east, they just need everybody healthy. Im a fan of dragic, hes smart as are the heat coaching staff, they'll figure out a way to make him effective. They are relatively old, so injuries could be their downfall again.

Wizards (46 wins) - I dont undertand why they drafted oubre, wince they already have porter, oubre is gonna take a while to develop, and they needed youth in their frontcourt badley. Regardless they have one of the best backcourts in the nba, i think bradley is an all-star this year. The defense should be good again. Hopefully we see more small ball, like we saw in the playoffs.

Magic (36 wins) - Exciting young team. Oladipo is a star in the making. Better spacing with hezonja should make it easier on dipo and payton to create. Skiles is the perfect type of coach for this young team, Thibs would have been better though. They're still too young to get into the playoffs.

Hornets (32 wins) - I dont get what they're doing. Rebuilding or not? Batum is the greatest tease in the nba, all the skills and physical tools, just doesnt have the mentality to dominate. Jefferson is getting old and injuries have been an issue lately. I dont like kemba or MKG. Their offense is gonna be ugly. Kaminsky should be good from day one though

Jameerthefear
09-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Comments on each team:
Hawks: I think they overachieved last year especially with that perfect month. They also lost Carrol, though I feel like their bench will be strong. I'm probably underselling them, because I wouldn't be surprised if they are a better PLAYOFF team next year, but not a better regular season one.

Wiz: Another year for Beal, and I think he can become an allstar level player next year maybe. With that, I see them improving.

Hotlantadude81
09-18-2015, 11:02 AM
2015-2016 NBA Southeast Division preview

Post your predicted order of finish for the Southeast division.

And, comment on each team. Strengths, weaknesses, anything.

LAST SEASON'S SOUTHEAST DIVISION FINISH, AND THEIR WIN TOTAL, WAS:

Hawks (60 wins):
Wizards (46 wins):
Heat (37 wins):
Hornets (33 wins):
Magic (25 wins):

Hawks - I think the will be closer to 53 wins this year if they remain healthy. 60 wins again is just too much for a team that no elite talent. It's tough to say how much Hardaway Jr/Splitter can replace Carroll.

Wizards - 45 wins. I'm sorry... If they were going to make some real noise they would have done it last year. They've already the best out of their front line that they're going to get.

Miami Heat - 43 wins. I just don't see them doing much better... I know they have a really good team on paper, but does anyone expect Wade and Bosh to stay healthy? I think they have a better team on paper than they do on the court.

Charlotte Hornets - ehh... I don't think they will be as big of letdown as last year, but they might only get up to 41 wins.

Orlando - This is a very talented young team... But it's going to be one more year for them. 33 wins.

hawksdogsbraves
09-19-2015, 03:00 AM
Hawks - I think the will be closer to 53 wins this year if they remain healthy. 60 wins again is just too much for a team that no elite talent. It's tough to say how much Hardaway Jr/Splitter can replace Carroll.

Wizards - 45 wins. I'm sorry... If they were going to make some real noise they would have done it last year. They've already the best out of their front line that they're going to get.

Miami Heat - 43 wins. I just don't see them doing much better... I know they have a really good team on paper, but does anyone expect Wade and Bosh to stay healthy? I think they have a better team on paper than they do on the court.

Charlotte Hornets - ehh... I don't think they will be as big of letdown as last year, but they might only get up to 41 wins.

Orlando - This is a very talented young team... But it's going to be one more year for them. 33 wins.

I actually pretty much agree with this and I'm pretty stunned you picked the Hawks to win 53 tbh :cheers:

I think the Wiz are kind of in a holding pattern waiting to see if they can lure Durant home. Pierce was a huge part of that team, and though I think Porter is a good player and will take a step forward I don't see them quite getting to 50 wins.

Miami is all about health, and I don't have any faith that they'll have good luck in that regard. I also kind of think Spo is garbage.

The Magic I actually think will be better than 33 wins, I could easily see them taking a step forward and challenging for 40 and the 8 seed.

The Hornets are garbage, they sold out to 'win now' inexplicably but that roster is still full of holes and I have no faith in Clifford. Another playoff miss, Clifford is gone, and probably a rebuild situation awaits.

Hawks 53 wins
Wiz 46 wins
Miami 40 wins
Magic 40 wins
Hornets 34 wins

Hotlantadude81
09-20-2015, 02:48 PM
I actually pretty much agree with this and I'm pretty stunned you picked the Hawks to win 53 tbh :cheers:

I think the Wiz are kind of in a holding pattern waiting to see if they can lure Durant home. Pierce was a huge part of that team, and though I think Porter is a good player and will take a step forward I don't see them quite getting to 50 wins.

Miami is all about health, and I don't have any faith that they'll have good luck in that regard. I also kind of think Spo is garbage.

The Magic I actually think will be better than 33 wins, I could easily see them taking a step forward and challenging for 40 and the 8 seed.

The Hornets are garbage, they sold out to 'win now' inexplicably but that roster is still full of holes and I have no faith in Clifford. Another playoff miss, Clifford is gone, and probably a rebuild situation awaits.

Hawks 53 wins
Wiz 46 wins
Miami 40 wins
Magic 40 wins
Hornets 34 wins

You also have to consider that the Hawks are a target in this conference now. They're not sneaking up on everyone... But one big issue is that this team has a lot of players with skaky histories when it comes to injuries.

Richesly
09-20-2015, 03:45 PM
You also have to consider that the Hawks are a target in this conference now. They're not sneaking up on everyone... But one big issue is that this team has a lot of players with skaky histories when it comes to injuries.

After January, you said you finally believed. After the season overall, you said people finally realized how to stop the Hawks and we wouldn't touch the ECF.

After ECF, you complained about us getting swept(let's be real, game 1, 2, 3 were the worse officiatin shit ever).

Just take what you can get.