PDA

View Full Version : Bran's 2011 finals is far worse than ANYTHING Kobe ever did in a finals...BY FAR.

stalkerforlife
09-17-2015, 11:19 PM
Why?

Bran was in his prime.

Kobe was way too young against Indiana and Detroit to compare him to a PRIME Bran 2011 debacle.

Kobe wins AGAIN.

And i'm not even counting Bran's EMBARRASSMENT against the Spurs as he was swept in the finals. That was also worse than ANYTHING Kobe ever did in the finals.

:lol

AnaheimLakers24
09-17-2015, 11:20 PM
As leader of the lebron family i accept this l for us all.

red1
09-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Why?

Bran was in his prime.

Kobe was way too young against Indiana and Detroit to compare him to a PRIME Bran 2011 debacle.

Kobe wins AGAIN.

And i'm not even counting Bran's EMBARRASSMENT against the Spurs as he was swept in the finals. That was also worse than ANYTHING Kobe ever did in the finals.

better than kobe and you know it. just give it up :cheers:

SouBeachTalents
09-17-2015, 11:21 PM
It's the worst Finals by any all time great in their prime

6 for 24
09-17-2015, 11:27 PM
Agreed. Everyone knows that a player's prime occurs at the age of 26. Which just happens to the age LeBRONZE (see what I did there?) was in 2011.

On the other hand, the self-proclaimed Mamba was effectively a rookie in 2004, being "only" 25 years of age. He would not hit his prime until the following season, when he led his team to an unthinkable 34 wins.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Vaniiiia
09-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Agreed. Everyone knows that a player's prime occurs at the age of 26. Which just happens to the age LeBRONZE (see what I did there?) was in 2011.

On the other hand, the self-proclaimed Mamba was effectively a rookie in 2004, being "only" 25 years of age. He would not hit his prime until the following season, when he led his team to an unthinkable 34 wins.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:roll: :roll: :roll:

So good.

Stick to begging for money in youtube videos OP... you're not good at this shit.

WayOfWade
09-17-2015, 11:34 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
:applause:

Naero
09-17-2015, 11:34 PM
At 25-years-old, Kobe was in his prime during the 2004 Finals debacle too; in fact, he was just one year removed from his best-all-around season in 2002-03. Why is Kobe getting the "pre-prime" pass when he was only two years younger than LeBron at their respective junctures again?

I'll still give Kobe's series a slight edge due to his defense on Rip Hamilton, while LeBron was outplayed by Jason Terry and Shawn Marion when he guarded them. However, anyone who thinks Kobe wasn't in his prime is overreaching in their attempts to absolve that also-disgraceful finals performance.

stalkerforlife
09-17-2015, 11:35 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Agreed.

AnaheimLakers24
09-17-2015, 11:36 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
That meltdown is real :roll:

Just2McFly
09-17-2015, 11:37 PM
It's the worst Finals by any all time great in their prime
It's really not but thanks for playing. It was bad but people acting like 18/8/8 is earth shatteringly horrific needs to stop.

stalkerforlife
09-17-2015, 11:37 PM

Got eeeeeeeeeeeem!

Smoke117
09-17-2015, 11:40 PM
What ever you did before to get banned for so long...please do it again. Thank you.

SouBeachTalents
09-17-2015, 11:40 PM
It's really not but thanks for playing. It was bad but people acting like 18/8/8 is earth shatteringly horrific needs to stop.

It's not just the stats (which by the way was the biggest drop off from regular season ppg to Finals ppg in NBA history) it's his total disengagement, subpar defense, and being a complete ghost in the 4th quarter. Dude scored 8 ****ing points in a 3 point loss in Game 4, a game that would have put the Heat up 3-1 and basically clinched the championship

Just2McFly
09-17-2015, 11:49 PM
It's not just the stats (which by the way was the biggest drop off from regular season ppg to Finals ppg in NBA history) it's his total disengagement, subpar defense, and being a complete ghost in the 4th quarter. Dude scored 8 ****ing points in a 3 point loss in Game 4, a game that would have put the Heat up 3-1 and basically clinched the championship
You could tell he was out of rhythm that series for sure, but people really overstate how bad it was. Like for all that crying you just did, people forget his play actually sealed one of the early games, I think game 2.

As a Lebron fan I take it as a compliment though, if you say that he was completely ghost and he's putting up Jason Kidd numbers in the finals, then I say the sky is the limit.

But if you were a true heat fan you would detest what Wade did in 2014 way more.

SouBeachTalents
09-17-2015, 11:51 PM
You could tell he was out of rhythm that series for sure, but people really overstate how bad it was. Like for all that crying you just did, people forget his play actually sealed one of the early games, I think game 2.

As a Lebron fan I take it as a compliment though, if you say that he was completely ghost and he's putting up Jason Kidd numbers in the finals, then I say the sky is the limit.

But if you were a true heat fan you would detest what Wade did in 2014 way more.

Wade was not in his prime in 2014. LeBron was literally in the middle of winning 4 MVP's in 5 seasons in 2011. Like I said, no other all time great in their prime had a worse Finals than 2011 LeBron

And you really dispute he wasn't a ghost in the 4th quarter that series?

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2icbfnm.jpg

Just2McFly
09-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Wade was not in his prime in 2014. LeBron was literally in the middle of winning 4 MVP's in 5 seasons in 2011. Like I said, no other all time great in their prime had a worse Finals than 2011 LeBron

And you really dispute he wasn't a ghost in the 4th quarter that series?

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2icbfnm.jpg

I'd defintely say Bird tbh but okay. It happens, he had a bad series, meh.

Smoke117
09-17-2015, 11:53 PM

Jason Kidd actually played fantastic defense though.

Just2McFly
09-17-2015, 11:54 PM
Jason Kidd actually played fantastic defense though.
Numbers fam....numbers.

Gileraracer
09-18-2015, 02:26 AM
There's no bigger Lebrun stan in this world than me but I finally accepted that Bean is better :(

Cocaine80s
09-18-2015, 02:37 AM
Stalker you mad your son has a bigger dick than you?

Im pretty sure hes not even one yet

Bosnian Sajo
09-18-2015, 02:57 AM
I'd defintely say Bird tbh but okay. It happens, he had a bad series, meh.

What series? Not trying to check you, just interested.

Dragonyeuw
09-18-2015, 07:25 AM
Though TC is an admitted small-dicked beta bitch I'd actually have to agree with him here, at least in terms of relative to expectations. For one, Kobe got injured at some point in the series but even then, what he did in game 4 alone trumps anything Lebron did in the 2011 finals.

ShawkFactory
09-18-2015, 09:05 AM
The meltdown is killing every Kobe stan in a 100 mile radius.

sportjames23
09-18-2015, 09:46 AM
http://sorenandersson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Meltdown-Confirmed-680x229.jpg

HurricaneKid
09-18-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm still puzzled by the 2011 Finals. But deferring to another all time great who has far better matchups isn't nearly as bad as choking away 3 games and losing in 7 like Magic did in 1984 or freezing out an all time great so you can chuck your way to 38% while he is shooting 63% like Kobe in 04.

Letting LeBron off the hook is unnecessary. He had a really bad Finals. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Kobestans want you to believe.

Wade's Rings
09-18-2015, 10:49 AM

No Wade sealed Game 1. He had 5pts 2rbd 2ast 1blk in the last 5 minutes and the Heat went from up 5 to 12 with the Game sealed by then.

Dragonyeuw
09-18-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm still puzzled by the 2011 Finals. But deferring to another all time great who has far better matchups isn't nearly as bad as choking away 3 games and losing in 7 like Magic did in 1984 or freezing out an all time great so you can chuck your way to 38% while he is shooting 63% like Kobe in 04.

Letting LeBron off the hook is unnecessary. He had a really bad Finals. But it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Kobestans want you to believe.

It was bad relative to expectations established during the playoffs, and where Lebron was at this point in his career. I don't look at 2007 the same way I look at 2011, because in that scenario I feel Lebron overachieved and got the Cavs further than they had any right to be, before his inexperience finally came through against the Spurs. But against Dallas, he had established such a high level the first 3 rounds, that his performance in the finals was just jarring. And not to discredit Dallas, but I think the Bulls were a more potent defensive squad just the previous round. Lebron just seemed to shrink from the moment.

24-Inch_Chrome
09-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Worse? Yes. By far? No. 2004 was brutal.

Bankaii
09-18-2015, 11:19 AM
No Wade sealed Game 1. He had 5pts 2rbd 2ast 1blk in the last 5 minutes and the Heat went from up 5 to 12 with the Game sealed by then.
Giving Wade all the credit for that game:roll:
I guess you forgot the 2 big 3s Lebron hit in the end of the 3rd to give them the lead AND help them retain it into the 4th.

Bankaii
09-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Kobetards never cease to amaze me. Did you start watching in 2009?
Kobe was only a year younger coming off arguably the 2nd best year of his career.
Bron quit like a bitch and choked but Kobe literally shot his team out of contention Trying to be "alpha". That's so much worse.

Hey Yo
09-18-2015, 11:33 AM
It was bad relative to expectations established during the playoffs, and where Lebron was at this point in his career. I don't look at 2007 the same way I look at 2011, because in that scenario I feel Lebron overachieved and got the Cavs further than they had any right to be, before his inexperience finally came through against the Spurs. But against Dallas, he had established such a high level the first 3 rounds, that his performance in the finals was just jarring. And not to discredit Dallas, but I think the Bulls were a more potent defensive squad just the previous round. Lebron just seemed to shrink from the moment.
Looked like a performance where it was agreed upon that James would take a backseat to Wade before the Finals even started....especially when compared to LeBron's performances in Miami's next 3 Finals.

Wade's Rings
09-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Looked like a performance where it was agreed upon that James would take a backseat to Wade before the Finals even started....especially when compared to LeBron's performances in Miami's next 3 Finals.

If Lebron lead the Heat through the 1st 3 Rounds why would he give the team up to his 2nd option knowing he can't lead them? Clearly, if he wanted to win he would've stayed the man but unfortunately Bron was content with another Finals loss.

tmacattack33
09-18-2015, 12:26 PM
LOL. Kobe was 26 in 2004 against Detroit.

Also, Lebron passing the torch to Wade and Bosh against the Mavericks was not a good decision...but it didn't directly end the Heat's possessions and give Dallas the ball.

On the other hand, Kobe missing shots directly ended LA possessions and gave Detroit the ball.

SouBeachTalents
09-18-2015, 12:26 PM

And here comes this fakkit to derail one of the dozen other threads he has with this asinine bullshit

HighFlyer23
09-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Kobe single handedly lost in 2004 in the greatest upset ever

And lost by 40 to the Celtics in 2008

Trollsmasher
09-18-2015, 12:52 PM
at least LeBron gave his teammates a chance with him playing like a 3rd option - if Wade managed to show he can still be a 1st option and Bosh shot better than 50% TS, the Heat would've won

Kobe made sure the Lakers had absolutely no chance to win at all:roll:

SouBeachTalents
09-18-2015, 12:53 PM
at least LeBron gave his teammates a chance with him playing like a 3rd option - if Wade managed to show he can still be a 1st option and Bosh shot better than 50% TS, the Heat would've won

Or if LeBron managed to score more than 2 points in the 4th quarter, or 8 in Game 4, the Heat would've won too

Hey Yo
09-18-2015, 12:55 PM
If Lebron lead the Heat through the 1st 3 Rounds why would he give the team up to his 2nd option knowing he can't lead them? Clearly, if he wanted to win he would've stayed the man but unfortunately Bron was content with another Finals loss.
Apparently Wade had no problem with it the first 3 rounds. Yet felt the need to change what was working before the Finals started for the sake of him being first option and better chance at a FMVP.

Riley and Wade had the say in 2011. Then after the failure, they decided publicly to turn the team over to LeBron.

Hey Yo
09-18-2015, 01:01 PM
And here comes this fakkit to derail one of the dozen other threads he has with this asinine bullshit
Who you calling fakkit, you dicknose bozo!

If it's such bullshit, then why didn't James perform that poorly in the next 3 Heat Finals after he was handed the team?

GrapeApe
09-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Apparently Wade had no problem with it the first 3 rounds. Yet felt the need to change what was working before the Finals started for the sake of him being first option and better chance at a FMVP.

Riley and Wade had the say in 2011. Then after the failure, they decided publicly to turn the team over to LeBron.

I have literally never heard this nonsense anywhere but here. It's an absurd excuse and completely disingenuous. Wade was the best player in the Boston series yet it didn't stop Lebron from playing at a high level. They had been taking turns so to speak all season. It never stopped them from playing well together.

As for your last sentence, Lebron is 4 years younger than Wade and Wade began battling injuries in 2012. Lebron becoming the first option had nothing to do with the 2011 finals. Wade was at the tail end of his prime and Lebron was about to hit his peak. It wasn't some sort of shocking revelation that Wade was taking a step back and acquiescing to a player who was at the pinnacle of his career. The garbage that Lebron stans spew is getting out of control.

Smoke117
09-18-2015, 03:50 PM

...right. Wade averaged 27ppg on .546%, but he was an incapable first option....:facepalm You morons want to act like Wade stole the series away or something from lebron. Wade averaged 18 shots a game in that finals...the same amount of shots he'd averaged the entire season. Keep the blame on it who it deserves to be on...Lebron...who was a little timid bitch the entire series.

Wade's Rings
09-18-2015, 03:55 PM

LeBron had no problem being the 2nd Option even though he knew Wade couldn't lead them. If he really wanted it he would've Been the 1st Option no matter what, sadly he is content with losing finals and didn't take the team to the promised land :(

Hey Yo
09-18-2015, 04:00 PM
I have literally never heard this nonsense anywhere but here. It's an absurd excuse and completely disingenuous. Wade was the best player in the Boston series yet it didn't stop Lebron from playing at a high level. They had been taking turns so to speak all season. It never stopped them from playing well together.

As for your last sentence, Lebron is 4 years younger than Wade and Wade began battling injuries in 2012. Lebron becoming the first option had nothing to do with the 2011 finals. Wade was at the tail end of his prime and Lebron was about to hit his peak. It wasn't some sort of shocking revelation that Wade was taking a step back and acquiescing to a player who was at the pinnacle of his career. The garbage that Lebron stans spew is getting out of control.
Which is a good reason as to why Wade wanted the chance for one last hurrah before turning the team over. LeBron complied and Wade came up short even though having a very good Finals.

Smoke117
09-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Which is a good reason as to why Wade wanted the chance for one last hurrah before turning the team over. LeBron complied and Wade came up short even though having a very good Finals.

Yawn. Your posts have become very tiresome the last couple of months.

GrapeApe
09-18-2015, 04:10 PM

And as expected, you completely ignore the the fact that Wade outplayed Lebron in the Boston series, yet Lebron still played extremely well and the Heat won 4-1. Had Lebron played anything like he did in that series, the Heat probably sweep the finals. Lebron was more than capable of playing at a high level while Wade was the superior performer. Lebron didn't "comply" with anything. He just had a bad series, especially for his standards. It's really that simple.

ArbitraryWater
09-18-2015, 04:11 PM
Wade's 2011 finals > LeBron's 2013 finals

so, obviously, just saying "Wade couldn't get it done as first option" makes no sense.

Odinn
09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
I can understand why Kobe-stans act like 2004 is a never-existed year.

JT123
09-18-2015, 04:55 PM
I guess you forgot the 2 big 3s Lebron hit in the end of the 3rd to give them the lead AND help them retain it into the 4th.
Pay no attention to Wade's Rings. Dude is a straight up troll who's only purpose is to diminish Lebron's accomplishments. He probably doesn't even like Wade. :sleeping

Quickening
09-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Kobe age 26 in 04 finals.

22.6 points per game

2.8 rebounds per game

4.4 assists per game

38.05 field goal percentage

46.2 minutes per game

That is worse than Lebrons 11 finals... :biggums:

Fire Colangelo
09-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Can't believe people are trying to spin 2011 on Wade now :oldlol: :oldlol:

Blame Wade for 2014 all you want but 2011? really? :roll: :roll: Jesus.

GrapeApe
09-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Can't believe people are trying to spin 2011 on Wade now :oldlol: :oldlol:

Blame Wade for 2014 all you want but 2011? really? :roll: :roll: Jesus.

It's ridiculous, and every angle they've tried to spin had been thoroughly debunked.

The thing is, and I've said this several times, I don't absolve Wade of all blame. I'm a Heat fan and I couldn't care less about who was the better player, who would've won FMVP, etc. The Heat lost and that's the bottom line. However, there's no denying that Lebron inexplicably shrunk in that series. It is what it is and there's no other way to spin it. Lebron would probably be the first to say that his performance cost his team a title. He bounced back with two great playoff runs and the Heat won back to back titles.

3ball
09-18-2015, 07:10 PM
The last player that played in 5 straight NBA Finals was Bill Russell and that streak started when there were 9 teams in the NBA.

Lebron is 2/6 in the Finals - he beat the best Western Conference team only twice, so if he was in the Western Conference, he would've made only 2 Finals in his entire career..

That's why merely MAKING the Finals is not an accomplishment that all-time greats ever gets credit for - everyone knows that the Finals loser would never have made the Finals in the other conference.

This idea that merely making the Finals is an accomplishment that compares to winning the Finals is a new idea purported by new fans only... 15 years from now, those same new fans will understand how dumb they are when the new fans 15 years from now start saying that making the conference finals is equal to making the Finals.. :rolleyes:

No player has ever led both teams in Asst and Rebounds before LeBron did it this year.

If Lebron shot 51% on his repeated clearouts in the Finals instead of 39.8%, Cleveland could've easily won the series with Lebron averaging less rebounds and assists.

That's why I always laugh when people use the argument "Lebron leads his team in pts, rebs, assists...".. They fail to realize that MJ's 8-point and 6-point scoring advantage in the Finals and playoffs respectively (plus greater clutch), are worth much more than a couple extra defensive rebounds..

So who cares whether Lebron leads his team in pts, rebs, and assists - MJ leads his team in pts and assists, and he's SO far ahead of Lebron scoring-wise and clutch, it obviously more than offsets his 2-defensive rebound deficit.. It's pretty intuitive and basic common knowledge that 6-8 more ppg is worth more than a couple defensive rebounds, particularly for the #1 option.

The last team to make the Finals without two All NBA players was... well that never happened.

Horseshit - in 1991, Pippen wasn't all-nba or even an all-star.

1991 was one of only 3 times that anyone WON a ring with only 1 all-star on the team.. Plenty of guys have just MADE the Finals with only 1 all-star.. :rolleyes:

You guys are really delusional - just making up stuff - any lie is fine for you guys if it makes Lebron look better.. :rolleyes:

Wade's Rings
09-19-2015, 01:36 AM

I didn't give Wade all the credit for that Game. He said Bron "sealed the game" and I showed how Wade took over late in the 4th and blew the Game open for the Heat.

Dudes in her making arguments for themselves and can't read :oldlol:

pauk
09-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Nah, not far worse than 2004 & 2000 Finals... by far...

Magic 32
09-19-2015, 05:21 AM
Nah, not far worse than 2004 & 2000 Finals... by far...

Jordan flops. NOW!

Go back to "work".

Smoke117
09-19-2015, 06:28 AM
Jordan flops. NOW!

Go back to "work".

Oh so you made an appearance...8000 post and not one of them pertains to any worthy basketball discussion. That might be a feat in itself...give yourself a hand (right across your mouth...casino style), bro?

HighFlyer23
09-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Kobe 2000 Finals

15.6/4.6/4.2 36.7%FG 20.0% 3PT

34-24 Footwork
09-19-2015, 08:36 AM
2000 NBA WCF:

Kobe- 33ppg/7ast/7reb

Timmy- 23pts/12reb/4ast

Kobe-Win
Tmmy-Lose

:lol :lol :lol

34-24 Footwork
09-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Kobe 2000 Finals

15.6/4.6/4.2 36.7%FG 20.0% 3PT

Why wasn't Timmy in the finals that year??

Kobe hanging 45pts/10reb in game 1 hurt his anus :banana:

SouBeachTalents
09-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Why wasn't Timmy in the finals that year??

Kobe hanging 45pts/10reb in game 1 hurt his anus :banana:

That was '01. The Lakers played the Blazers in the '00 WCF, and Duncan was injured and missed the playoffs in '00 all together