SouBeachTalents
09-18-2015, 04:28 PM
The first Pippen indeed. Definitely comparable as playmakers/defenders

sportjames23
09-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Lebron had Wade.

2nd best SG of his era.

And he ended up 2/4.

And was lucky to get one of those 2 rings, thanks to Ray Allen.

He had everything in his favor and barely managed to break even.

And MJ is STILL GOAT.

DonDadda59
09-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Lebron got Antawn Jamison in the middle of 2010. Twan was a career 20/9 player and multiple time all star. He was averaging 21/9 that season before being moved to Cleveland.

Flash forward to the playoffs, Bron shits his pants and the rest is primetime television History.

https://thecryptojournalist.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/lebron-decision.jpg

:yaohappy:

GIF REACTION
09-18-2015, 04:40 PM
comparing 20 games to multiple whole seasons

topkek

Akrazotile
09-18-2015, 04:43 PM
OP on point as usual.

MJ was very underwhelming before Pippen and PJ came along.

Sarcastic
09-18-2015, 04:48 PM
The played together for one full season. Jordan's second year he broke his foot, and they played the Celtics in the first round.

Lebron had Ilgauskas and Carlos Boozer and missed the playoffs entirely.

DonDadda59
09-18-2015, 04:52 PM
comparing 20 games to multiple whole seasons

topkek

Bron could've had more games/seasons with a 20/10 stud had he not fled to Wade County in order to get outscored by Jason Terry in the finals and have Wade yell at him like a red-headed step child on National TV. :confusedshrug:

OP on point as usual.

MJ was very underwhelming before Pippen and PJ came along.

Pip was a bench scrub when Jordan won MVP, DPOY, the scoring title, the steals title, ASG MVP, the dunk contest, and most alpha person on Earth while becoming the first and still only player in league History to record at least 100 blocks and 200 steals in a season.

Phil Jackson's claim to fame before becoming the GOAT's witness was coaching the Albany Patroons. :roll:

FreezingTsmoove
09-18-2015, 04:58 PM
If Wade can make one more finals, win or lose hes arguably a top 10 player of all time

What does that say about Bron

Asukal
09-18-2015, 07:19 PM
AKA the first Pippen

Consistent 20PPG scorer

Yet he kept getting swept in the first round

Great thread OP, mind telling us how many seasons they played together? :rolleyes:

ProfessorMurder
09-19-2015, 01:35 AM
Woolridge was a cokehead.

sekachu
09-19-2015, 06:59 AM
AKA the first Pippen

Consistent 20PPG scorer

You are right

A rookie Jordan couldn't beat the 59 win buck in 85. Suck
A sophomore Jordan couldn't beat 67 win champion celtic in 86. I don't care if he missed 64 games that season. Suck.
Third years Jordan couldn't beat the 2 consecutive years advance to final celtic again. Suck.

btw, do you recognize the 80s celtic?

sportjames23
09-19-2015, 10:47 AM
You are right

A rookie Jordan couldn't beat the 59 win buck in 85. Suck
A sophomore Jordan couldn't beat 67 win champion celtic in 86. I don't care if he missed 64 games that season. Suck.
Third years Jordan couldn't beat the 2 consecutive years advance to final celtic again. Suck.

btw, do you recognize the 80s celtic?

OP was probably born in 2001, so no he wouldn't recognize one of the all time great teams.

senelcoolidge
09-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Woolridge never heard of defense. He didn't know the meaning of that word.

SHAQisGOAT
09-19-2015, 02:31 PM
:rolleyes: :facepalm

I like to watch Orlando play (RIP) but he couldn't even begin to mess with Pippen in terms of playmaking and defense...

Coach Eddie
09-20-2015, 06:15 AM
AKA the first Pippen

Consistent 20PPG scorer

So what you are saying is: Jordan won 6 championships with Woolridge as his sidekick. Jordan truly is the GOAT :bowdown:

JellyBean
09-20-2015, 10:11 AM
AKA the first Pippen

Consistent 20PPG scorer

:eek: :facepalm :banghead:

4 Inches
09-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Most of the Bulls were addicted to cocaine at that point. They weren't much help.

sd3035
09-20-2015, 10:43 AM
It's pretty obvious Jordan was carried by Orlando Wooldrige

3ball
09-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Woolridge was a consistent 20PPG scorer

The competition was far tougher back then, so even though Woolridge was a 20 ppg scorer, he was nowhere NEAR a top 24 player in the NBA at that time (all-star).. Woolridge wasn't even a top 50 player at the time.

Otoh, Zydrunas Illguaskas was a 2-time all-star in 2003 and 2005.. Even if you think Woolridge was better, Zydrunas was a better teammate relative to the competition - by virtue of being voted into the all-star game twice by the coaches, he proved his was a top 24 player, and therefore a FAR greater asset versus the competition than Woolridge, who wasn't even top 50 in his era (a much tougher era).

sd3035
09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
The competition was far tougher back then, so even though Woolridge was a 20 ppg scorer, he was nowhere NEAR a top 24 player in the NBA at that time (all-star).. Woolridge wasn't even a top 50 player at the time.

Otoh, Zydrunas Illguaskas was a 2-time all-star in 2003 and 2005.. Even if you think Woolridge was better, Zydrunas was a better teammate relative to the competition - by virtue of being voted into the all-star game twice by the coaches, he proved his was a top 24 player, and therefore a FAR greater asset versus the competition than Woolridge, who wasn't even top 50 in his era (a much tougher era).

So you're saying it was much easier to score in those days

Jordan would average about 25 ppg during the Lebron era

3ball
09-20-2015, 01:49 PM

When today's player catches the ball on the elbow, they see open space and wide open strongside because shooters on weakside draw defenders away from strongside (weakside spacing):

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-06-2015/uAh_p8.gif

Otoh, when previous era players caught the ball on the elbow, they saw bodies... No one was spacing the weakside so all 10 players were bunched up on strongside or in the paint - with the lane too crowded to penetrate, players were often forced to pull-up for midrange jumpers:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-17-2015/dzzsgE.gif

Today's wing player has shooters spacing the weakside to take defenders away from the strongside (as seen here (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11708948&postcount=64)), whereas players in previous eras didn't get weakside spacing, so all 10 players were bunched up on the strongside (as seen here (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11709109&postcount=79)).

3ball
09-20-2015, 02:00 PM

The previous post shows that MJ would average 40 in today's game..

The reality is that lebron missed the playoffs despite having a top 24 player on his team, while MJ's best teammate (Woolridge) wasn't even a top 50 player... MJ's era was obviously FAR tougher.

The superiority of MJ's eras shouldn't be a surprise - the mid-2000's NBA was the weakest era ever.. That's the only way to describe the NBA when it can't beat Euroleague - the NBA lost 7 times in Olympics and World Games with teams that included Lebron.. :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
09-20-2015, 02:15 PM

One of the dumbest posts ever posted at ISH. :facepalm

GIF REACTION
09-20-2015, 02:17 PM

warriorfan
09-20-2015, 02:25 PM

Beta, your trolling has really regressed. Pick it up man.

GIF REACTION
09-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Beta, your trolling has really regressed. Pick it up man.
How's your sister bro ;)

On the sly ;)

sd3035
09-20-2015, 02:32 PM

lol settle down I'm just playing around with 3ball, I wanted to see some more gifs and explanations

3ball
09-20-2015, 05:13 PM
lol settle down I'm just playing around with 3ball, I wanted to see some more gifs and explanations

I'm happy to humor your troll - today's 3-point shooting draws defenders to the perimeter and creates an open paint.. So if today's wing player is quick enough, he can expect to beat help defenders to the open paint, since help defenders are helping from the 3-point line (outside the paint ).. Even Austin Rivers can dominate in today's spaced-out game and open paint:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2015/iDsifM.gif

Otoh, previous eras didn't have 3-point shooting to draw defenders to the perimeter, so the paint was often too crowded for anyone to even CONSIDER penetrating - devastating rim-attackers like MJ were forced to pull up for a lot of midrange jumpers:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/6-23-2015/bZE6Lj.gif

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-20-2015/HnDIn5.gif

In today's game, 3-pointers aren't the only thing creating an open paint and easier penetration - the hand-check ban made perimeter defense hands-OFF, while the defensive 3 seconds rule keeps the paint clear even when defenders DON'T have to guard any 3-point shooters.. Here's an explanation of today's defensive 3 seconds rule:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11606624&postcount=406

Wade's Rings
09-20-2015, 05:21 PM
If Wade can make one more finals, win or lose hes arguably a top 10 player of all time

What does that say about Bron

:oldlol: How?

chocolatethunder
09-21-2015, 09:15 AM
AKA the first Pippen

Consistent 20PPG scorer

I don't come here much anymore and I didn't even bother reading the responses but I wanted to say something.

If you think that Woolridge was anything like Pip then you never saw either of them play. Woolridge was the original empty stats guy. He would score and was athletic and fun to watch but Pip was about ten times the player that Woolridge was. I am a Sixer fan and a Bulls hater but that's the truth. I actually liked Woolridge better than Pip but Pip was such a better player it's not even funny.

sdot_thadon
09-21-2015, 11:37 AM

Woolridge definitely wasn't scottie, that's ridiculous. Upon closer inspection though, you hit a snag in philosophy. Especially in trying to compare him to Illguaskas.

Let's see, woolridge was in the top 20 in the league that year for:
Ppg
FT
FTA
Ts%
Efg%
ORtg (best on team)
Winshares
Obpm

And top 10 in:
Offensive winshares
Fg%(best on team)

The eastern conference allstar sf that season were:
bird
king
dr.j

Illguaskas made it in 03 with:
Ben Wallace
Brad Miller

Was top 20 in:
Bpg
Offensive rebounds
FT
Fta

In 05 made the team with:
Shaq
Ben Wallace

Was top 10 in:
Bpg
Offensive rpg(1st)

Top 20 in:
Rpg
FT
Fta

So, my question is which was it?

Was Illguaskas a better teammate than Woolridge, meaning it was that easy to be a 20 ppg scorer and top 20 in so many statistical catagories in Mj's era?

Or

Was woolridge better than you're selling and maybe didn't make the allstar team due to being behind 3 alltime great sf on the depth chart that year. While Illguaskas played in one of the weakest bigmen eras and made it because he didn't have 3 alltime great centers ahead of him in the east?

97 bulls
09-21-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't come here much anymore and I didn't even bother reading the responses but I wanted to say something.

If you think that Woolridge was anything like Pip then you never saw either of them play. Woolridge was the original empty stats guy. He would score and was athletic and fun to watch but Pip was about ten times the player that Woolridge was. I am a Sixer fan and a Bulls hater but that's the truth. I actually liked Woolridge better than Pip but Pip was such a better player it's not even funny.
I don't want to speak for Gif but theres a certain narrative from the Jordanaires which say that Jordan could've won with any run of the mill SF. Basically Pippen was a product of Jordan, his impact on the game based on defense is overrated, and under any other situation, he would be a slighly above average player at best.

Thus Oralando Woolridge. An established above average SF before Jordan even arrived.

See the slippery slope.

3ball
09-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Was woolridge better than you're selling and maybe didn't make the allstar team due to being behind 3 alltime great sf on the depth chart that year. While Illguaskas played in one of the weakest bigmen eras and made it because he didn't have 3 alltime great centers ahead of him in the east?

Woolridge wasn't a top 12 player in his conference, or anywhere near, while Illgauskas was... twice..

Lebron's 2nd option ranked far better in relation to the competition than MJ's did.. End of story

MiseryCityTexas
09-21-2015, 06:54 PM
The first Pippen indeed. Definitely comparable as playmakers/defenders

Orlando was a crackhead though and Pippen wasn't. Orlando was nothing like Pippen smh. Pippen was a much better defender than Wooldridge. This thread is just an excuse to discredit Jordan as a player with bullshit facts that really aren't facts at all.

MiseryCityTexas
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Woolridge wasn't a top 12 player in his conference, or anywhere near, while Illgauskas was... twice..

Lebron's 2nd option ranked far better in relation to the competition than MJ's did.. End of story

Illgauskas woulda been an absolute beast if it weren't for his careeer threatening injury in his very early 20s. I remember Ill was damn near a double digit player before the injury.

sdot_thadon
09-21-2015, 07:43 PM

That's the rub though, being an allstar doesn't guarantee you top 12 in your conference. Every allstar team had to have 3 bigmen back then. It was by position. By position he was top 3 or 4 in his conference twice. That definitely doesn't mean he was top 12 though.

3ball
09-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Illgauskas woulda been an absolute beast if it weren't for his careeer threatening injury in his very early 20s. I remember Ill was damn near a double digit player before the injury.
Very true... It shows how good Zydrunas Illgauskas was that he was still a multiple time all-star (2003, 2005) despite having injuries that ended most guys' careers.

Mamba
09-21-2015, 09:26 PM
I'm getting too old for this forum

Coach Eddie
09-21-2015, 11:58 PM

Just below all of yours.

ClipperRevival
09-22-2015, 12:02 AM
:applause: Good to see ISH check this little boy talking about players he never saw.