PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen vs Kyle Korver

Richesly
09-19-2015, 04:29 PM
If both were just standing still in one of their hot spots, for 5 minutes, who would make more threes? I'm very curious because both are a couple of the best three point shooters in NBA history.

Miss Bella
09-24-2015, 12:25 PM
I believe Kyle Korver would come out victorious out of that challenge. The time it takes for Kyle to get off a shot is a bit quicker and for that reason I think he would be able to take more shots which would be crucial.

In my opinion Stephen Curry would be the player that no one would have a shot against because he barley even jumps on his shots and in five minutes that is a lot of time saved.

inclinerator
09-24-2015, 02:53 PM
korver would win, if you look at clips of ray allen shooting around he's not a deadeye in practice but he does it in games

Hit_Em
09-24-2015, 06:34 PM
white people are pathetic 1st they claim bird as the best off ball player in the history of the league now they are trying to claim kyle korver as the best stand still wide open in their hot spot shooter....Whats next steve nash = the most explosive athlete in league history if you only count all players 1st step

when it comes to athlecism blacks > whites GET OVER IT ALREADY.It has always been like that and it will always be like.Whites have genetic advantages over blacks too like....uhhhh....they are the majority in the country you live in

+ black people worship white athletes....o wait that doesnt happen http://i.imgur.com/lcfpG1M.png

nevermind i see why white rage is so strong on this forum carry on

Smoke117
09-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Kyle Korver. Ray was never a spot up shooter till he went to Miami. I don't know where people get that idea that he was. He's a better shooter off screens and off the dribble than he is just standing there waiting to receive the ball. Spotting up is for scrubs like Korver.

Rocketswin2013
09-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Korver. I don't know if I'd take anyone over him in that scenario.

FKAri
09-24-2015, 07:04 PM
white people are pathetic 1st they claim bird as the best off ball player in the history of the league now they are trying to claim kyle korver as the best stand still wide open in their hot spot shooter....Whats next steve nash = the most explosive athlete in league history if you only count all players 1st step

when it comes to athlecism blacks > whites GET OVER IT ALREADY.It has always been like that and it will always be like.Whites have genetic advantages over blacks too like....uhhhh....they are the majority in the country you live in

+ black people worship white athletes....o wait that doesnt happen http://i.imgur.com/lcfpG1M.png

nevermind i see why white rage is so strong on this forum carry on

da fuq?

Richesly
09-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Kyle Korver. Ray was never a spot up shooter till he went to Miami. I don't know where people get that idea that he was. He's a better shooter off screens and off the dribble than he is just standing there waiting to receive the ball. Spotting up is for scrubs like Korver.

Although I wouldn't necessary call Korver a scrub, Korver and Ray Allen got their shots off the same way pretty much.

Korver, like Allen, does not just stand there. He comes off screens, and if he doesn't get open off that, he'll dribble once for a rhythm jumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwbp2nNFhY

This is just an example of the variety of ways KK can shoot the ball defined in a one minute video went Korver went god mode and dropped 4 threes in 51 seconds.

You have the wrong impression of Korver.

You are probably a believer that Korver just stands in a corner and waits until his defender leaves him, calls for ball, and splashes. No. He runs around all set and is probably one of the best conditioned players in the league, just like Ray was. Obviously, Ray is a much better overall scorer due to the speed, handles, etc he had over Korver.

P.S

Korver = All Star. He isn't a scrub.

Smoke117
09-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Although I wouldn't necessary call Korver a scrub, Korver and Ray Allen got their shots off the same way pretty much.

Korver, like Allen, does not just stand there. He comes off screens, and if he doesn't get open off that, he'll dribble once for a rhythm jumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZwbp2nNFhY

This is just an example of the variety of ways KK can shoot the ball defined in a one minute video went Korver went god mode and dropped 4 threes in 51 seconds.

You have the wrong impression of Korver.

P.S

Korver = All Star. He isn't a scrub.

If Ray was held to the same standards Korver is, he'd have been an all star about 16 times. Korver is one of the worst all stars ever. Only in this era can you do be a shooter who averages 12ppg and be an all star.

Coach Eddie
09-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Korver.

Richesly
09-24-2015, 07:39 PM
If Ray was held to the same standards Korver is, he'd have been an all star about 16 times. Korver is one of the worst all stars ever. Only in this era can you do be a shooter who averages 12ppg and be an all star.

Stats aren't what makes Korver the all-star. Take Korver off the Hawks, replace him with someone else who scores 12 a game, lets say J.R Smith or Gerald Henderson. Do the Hawks have the same success?

Korver through the first two months was averaging 17 points a game on 55% from the 3 as well. It's the fact he is the Hawk's most reliable weapon, as well as being a great team defender.

Goro
09-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Steph > Ray > Korver

SHAQisGOAT
09-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Ray... Better stamina/endurance, has won a 3pt contest while Korver didn't, one of the clutchest ever, he's a better volume shooter than Kyle...

JimmyMcAdocious
09-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Shooting contest? The white guy.

Richesly
09-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Ray... Better stamina/endurance, has won a 3pt contest while Korver didn't, one of the clutchest ever, he's a better volume shooter than Kyle...

Gotta say, it's a toss up in the stamina department. Three point contest is nothing like the scenario in the original post, so I can't see how that factors.

Nor is how much somebody shoots in a game.