PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who went to the Pelicans...

sammichoffate
09-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Excluding Davis and Anderson kinda fell off like Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Gordon, etc. Were they that injured last season?

BasedTom
09-21-2015, 07:59 PM
I'd say anderson has had a downturn too

a few years back he was absolutely lethal, now he's just kinda another guy in the league

Fire Colangelo
09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Excluding Davis and Anderson kinda fell off like Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Gordon, etc. Were they that injured last season?

Tyreke sucked before he went to a the Pelicans. Holiday and Gordon can never stay healthy. Kinda hard to get into a rhythm with so many key players injured.

Not to mention Davis' never played a full season either.!

sammichoffate
09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
The New Orleans curse :(

Fire Colangelo
09-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Health is the biggest factor for the team...

With everyone healthy I could see the Pels going for 50+ wins this year and maybe going into the 2nd round.

Rocketswin2013
09-21-2015, 08:12 PM
I really have no faith in that roster. As great as Davis can be next season, I don't see them doing much outside of a 7/8 seed and a first round exit against one of the 5 powerhouses.

bobopenguin
09-21-2015, 08:50 PM
what happened to tyreke?
i am sure he wasnt terrible.. must be something holding him back..
he's no.2 option in this team, surely he must explode..

Demitri98
09-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Bold prediction:

Anthony Davis MVP (not the bold part)
and...
Pelicans are healthy all year and make a WCF run.

Bosnian Sajo
09-21-2015, 09:24 PM
On the contrary, Tyreke Evans did better last season than either of his 2 last seasons in Sactown. You're blinded by the fact that he peaked during his rookie season.

what happened to tyreke?

17ppg/7apg/5rpg, what's wrong with that?

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Bold prediction:

Anthony Davis MVP (not the bold part)
and...
Pelicans are healthy all year and make a WCF run.

I could post stats, but tbh, its not that out of reach. the coaching changes (erman I mean) itself should nab us 53 wins alone.

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I'd say anderson has had a downturn too

a few years back he was absolutely lethal, now he's just kinda another guy in the league

That was mostly based off of fitness due to injury. He said it himself, that he expected this next year to be his best year, and that he has never felt better.

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-22-2015, 12:06 AM
The New Orleans curse :(

right now, health wise, the only player that may have reacurring injuries is Jrue tbh.

ralph_i_el
09-22-2015, 12:13 AM
what happened to tyreke?
He is a bad shooter and he just basically forces his way to the basket. Doesn't work against good teams. He could be nice on a team with good (and healthy) shooters around him.
Seriously though, with a healthy Jrue and EG, he could be a great point forward running PnR's with AD.

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-22-2015, 12:22 AM
He is a bad shooter and he just basically forces his way to the basket. Doesn't work against good teams. He could be nice on a team with good (and healthy) shooters around him.
Seriously though, with a healthy Jrue and EG, he could be a great point forward running PnR's with AD.

Tyreke isnt good in the small forward role.

Generally, Tyreke was actually solid offensively. He is FAR from a good shooter, but he isnt so bad that people can leave him open. his passing ability is solid, though he isos WAY too much.

most metrics show that he was solid enough on offense. I expect him to take a big jump.

SwishSquared
09-22-2015, 12:56 AM
I think we also need to consider that Monty Williams, who is a GREAT guy, isn't a great coach. They were awesome in PPP in out-of-timeout plays (#1 in PPP actually), but overall I feel like their offense was bleh and the PnR ballhandlers would ignore Davis too often in fourth quarters. Tyreke and Jrue would sometimes shot jack for a couple minutes, freezing out AD.

Anderson has physically peaked and is likely declining after those horrid injuries. If his shot is falling, he really stretches out defenses. I thought towards the end of last season though his defense got to the point where it outweighed his floor spacing on O. I feel he may improve his D following more rehab/recovery from his ailments.

Jrue's stress fractures have really limited his availability. Nerlens Noel played more games this past year than Jrue has played combined since leaving Philly. I don't know if their medical staff isn't up to speed in preventative injury care or advanced biomechanics, but it's unfortunate. I liked Jrue's combo of defense and shooting, and his extended time out has messed with the Pellies' chance to grow.

Gordon was a flamethrower from downtown off C&S I thought, though his ballhandling and defense lag now for a starting-caliber wing guy imo. He's in a contract year with a cap about to explode... I think he's in for a good year, health prevailing. He had those knee issues for a couple years, but he's pretty valuable on offense.

Tyreke's at his best when he can overpower smaller defenders on offense- I think if he's the nominal SF it mitigates his impact. His decision-making isn't sharp enough for my taste to be the consistent primary perimeter attacker on a title squad, but he can absolutely take over for stretches with the right matchups. He's a good player, but I think he rates himself too highly with how much confidence he has in calling his own number in place of facilitating.

I've been a big critic of the moves to acquire Jrue & Tyreke instead of having a slower rebuild. I really like hiring Gentry as a coach, but mostly see them being a first round exit.

Long ramble but I haven't been on ISH much and decided to touch on everything lol

bdreason
09-22-2015, 02:06 AM
Everyone was actually playing really well at the end of the season playing Tyreke at PG, Gordon (healthy) at SG, and Jrue coming off the bench as a combo guard. I'm really interested to see what guard lineups Alvin Gentry is gonna throw out there. They also re-signed Norris Cole, who is a fantastic player off the bench. A Holiday + Cole back-court coming off the bench? Scary when combined with an Alvin Gentry style offense.

I expect the Pelicans to make the playoffs next season, barring some major injuries to key players .