PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks are putting out an absolutely atrocious product this season

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 01:08 AM
Thanks again Cuban for screwing things up with your complete lack of knowledge of basketball.

I think this is the season where I'll no longer be watching or following my Mavericks.

ralph_i_el
09-22-2015, 01:31 AM
How is the Deandre Jordan fiasco Cuban's fault?

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 01:33 AM
How is the Deandre Jordan fiasco Cuban's fault?

Getting rid of the best Center in team history twice now for a moderate at best upgrade. He gets a bit of a pass for that but the shit like the Rondo trade and letting go on Monta (best player on team) are unforgivable.

Fudge
09-22-2015, 01:38 AM
Zaza Pachulia
Dirk Nowitzki
Chandler Parsons
Wesley Matthews
Deron Williams

WCF, at the least.

No excuses, whitey.

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Zaza Pachulia
Dirk Nowitzki
Chandler Parsons
Wesley Matthews
Deron Williams

WCF, at the least.

No excuses, whitey.

The corpse of Dirk, corpse of Deron Williams, solid Parsons, and the ghost of Wes Matthews achilles tendon.

Akrazotile
09-22-2015, 02:06 AM
The corpse of Dirk, corpse of Deron Williams, solid Parsons, and the ghost of Wes Matthews achilles tendon.

They definitely won't be atrocious. Too much IQ, too many veterans, too good of a coach.

Are they title contenders? Not without a miracle. Will they finish in the bottom 5? Not even close.

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 02:16 AM
They definitely won't be atrocious. Too much IQ, too many veterans, too good of a coach.

Are they title contenders? Not without a miracle. Will they finish in the bottom 5? Not even close.

A lot of people don't realise how much Dirk has declined. He's a serious defensive liability now and he doesn't attack the basket or post up anymore. He should come off the bench. Deron Williams doesn't like basketball and Matthews will probably be a shell of his former self.

I can't see any way this squad makes the postseason.

Lebron23
09-22-2015, 02:26 AM
At least they have the chance to win the NBA Draft Lottery next season. Skal Labissiere, and Ben Simmons are future NBA All Stars.

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 02:29 AM
At least they have the chance to win the NBA Draft Lottery next season. Skal Labissiere, and Ben Simmons are future NBA All Stars.

Are they legit prospects?

warriorfan
09-22-2015, 03:01 AM
Getting rid of the best Center in team history twice now for a moderate at best upgrade. He gets a bit of a pass for that but the shit like the Rondo trade and letting go on Monta (best player on team) are unforgivable.

Giving up Tyson was absurd. Giving up Brenden Wright for Rondo was absurd. Letting go of Monta was pretty damn bad as well. Cuban got his chip but he has been doing his best to piss everything away lately.

imnew09
09-22-2015, 03:05 AM
"fans" since 2011.

We Lakers fans are there through up and down

BlackWhiteGreen
09-22-2015, 03:23 AM
They should tank. Could give up a good pick if they don't (protected 1-7)

BlakFrankWhite
09-22-2015, 03:48 AM
They're at a stage where they aren't dog shit lottery bound team...nor are they anywhere close to being a playoff contender.

Will prolly finish 10th

Spurs m8
09-22-2015, 03:52 AM
You'd deadset take this every day of the week over Portlands upcoming product.

Get a grip, champ

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 04:47 AM
"fans" since 2011.

We Lakers fans are there through up and down

lol been a fan since the dog days in the early 90s where 30 wins was considered a huge success.

It's hard seeing a team dismantled by a megalomaniac's lunacy.

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 04:48 AM
Giving up Tyson was absurd. Giving up Brenden Wright for Rondo was absurd. Letting go of Monta was pretty damn bad as well. Cuban got his chip but he has been doing his best to piss everything away lately.

Yes letting go of Monta was absolutely unforgivable. The dude was sacrificing his body, played his ass off on both ends, and you SCREW him by bringing in Rondo and then getting ESPNs Tim Macmahon to portay Monta in a bad light when he was being nothing but an absolute pro, and do nothing to protect him.

Completely unforgivable. He was the only guy with a pair of balls on that team the past two seasons.

StephHamann
09-22-2015, 04:50 AM
They're at a stage where they aren't dog shit lottery bound team...nor are they anywhere close to being a playoff contender.

Will prolly finish 10th

40 win team

masonanddixon
09-22-2015, 04:55 AM
40 win team

The West is actually not good this season so it's possible

Spurs
Thunder
Grizzlies
Rockets
Warriors
Clippers

are all clearly better. If Dallas can swing a decent trade a 7/8 seed is a possibility.

Spurs m8
09-22-2015, 05:18 AM
The West is actually not good this season

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

warriorfan
09-22-2015, 05:24 AM
Yes letting go of Monta was absolutely unforgivable. The dude was sacrificing his body, played his ass off on both ends, and you SCREW him by bringing in Rondo and then getting ESPNs Tim Macmahon to portay Monta in a bad light when he was being nothing but an absolute pro, and do nothing to protect him.

Completely unforgivable. He was the only guy with a pair of balls on that team the past two seasons.

Monta is a G, not one player in the league gets more undeserved disrespect than him. To be honest I think he gets scapegoated for the reason flawed teams lose. He's a really good player and would tear it up next to an athletic PG who could cover 2 guards for him like John Wall. Worst case scenario he could be a beastly sixth man carving up opponents benches like Crawford but better.

bizil
09-22-2015, 06:11 AM
Dallas is at the point where they aren't gonna be contenders of a while. They had an outstanding run as a top force in the West. And got a ring out of it. But its time for them to build through the draft. If Dirk was willing to bounce for another shot at a ring, I think he could be in McAdoo Laker mode. And be the missing piece to a title team.

midatlantic09
09-22-2015, 07:31 AM
I have no idea why they signed Matthews to such a large contract. They could've gotten someone who can do the same stuff he does for a fraction of the cost.

Spurs m8
09-22-2015, 07:33 AM
How often do you reckon money comes into heated locker room discussions and shit?

BuffaloBill
09-22-2015, 07:39 AM
The West is actually not good this season so it's possible.

*sips coffee

brain drain
09-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Mavs are about to enter their second period of darkness.
They had a great run in the 80s, then the atrocious 90s, then the Dirk era which is about to end.

The problem is that they haven't been good at drafting and developing players in a long while, so it might take a while for them to get back into the spotlight.

ronnymac
09-22-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm so happy we did not match that outrages contract Parsons got. 14 million while Ariza and Corey Brewer both combined make 14 million:roll: .

ronnymac
09-22-2015, 09:38 AM
I have no idea why they signed Matthews to such a large contract. They could've gotten someone who can do the same stuff he does for a fraction of the cost.
They thought they had Jordan in the bag.Deandre screwed the Mavs in the worst possible way.

feyki
09-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Zaza Pachulia
Dirk Nowitzki
Chandler Parsons
Wesley Matthews
Deron Williams

WCF, at the least.

No excuses, whitey.

Ahaha west what? :D

I'm mavs fan since 2006 and I'm waiting for Skal Labissiere .

StephHamann
09-22-2015, 09:46 AM
They thought they had Jordan in the bag.Deandre screwed the Mavs in the worst possible way.

Parsons Matthews Jordan would be a solid core. With competent role players those 3 would make the playoffs for 4-5 years easily.

Now they are screwed and have basically zero chance for a top pick, zero chance for top free agents and zero chance to contend.

The Mavs will be irrelevant for 3-4 years now.

Gileraracer
09-22-2015, 10:21 AM
The West is actually not good this season.

LeBron read this, now is looking for a WCF Team that wants him.

Derka
09-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Looking for a 8 or 9 finish for Dallas this season.

Lebron23
09-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Looking for a 8 or 9 finish for Dallas this season.

In the Current West. I don't think so. Dirk is 37 yrs.old. He's been declining in the last 2-3 years. And the Mavericks losses some of their key players from last season.

Derka
09-22-2015, 02:44 PM
In the Current West. I don't think so. Dirk is 37 yrs.old. He's been declining in the last 2-3 years. And the Mavericks losses some of their key players from last season.
My bad, I'm talking finishing 8th/9th from the bottom league-wide. Wasn't clear about that.

Celtics get a 1-7 protected pick from them in the next draft.

theaussieguy
09-22-2015, 02:52 PM
lmao and if only they kept Rondo theyd probably be a top 3 seed at least.

chips93
09-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Are they legit prospects?

it looks like a relatively weak draft, definitely worse than the last two

Dbrog
09-22-2015, 05:04 PM

Getting rid of Chandler after their chip was just the worst decision. I honestly can't wrap my head around it. Letting go of Monta is a big deal too. However, Rondo trade was money in theory. They gave away almost nothing for him which would have been great if he wasn't such a shitty person. On paper it was robbery though. Jordan thing is in no way Cuban's fault and honestly Cuban has been in the mix for all the free agents in recent history. It's impressive. Best owner in the game. Can't control everything though...