https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk

The ultimate defender

Turned the Bulls into champion caliber

GIF REACTION
09-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Man imagine if Lebron got to play with a guy like Pip

Straight_Ballin
09-22-2015, 09:03 AM
It's amazing how great of a defender you can become when you play defense on the GOAT MJ at MJ's house before practice and then during practice Mon-Fri.

Had Pippen been playing with Bron his defense would not have been as good because:

1. Bron isn't GOAT
2. Bron would never have made Pippen come to his house everyday to practice before actual practice.
3. Bron doesn't make anyone better, he turns them into spot up shooters.

Harison
09-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Russell, Dream, KG >> Pip, I would say arguably were better as well Rodman, DRob, prime Wilt and Kareem, Thurmond, Jordan, etc.

Pippen has an argument for GOAT as a perimeter defender, just not at overall D.

GIF REACTION
09-22-2015, 09:04 AM
That made no sense

Straight_Ballin
09-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Russell, Dream, KG >> Pip, I would say arguably were better as well Rodman, DRob, prime Wilt and Kareem, Thurmond, Jordan, etc.

Agreed. Simply put, he mainly covered Jordan on the perimeter in practice so that is the component of defense he became the best at. Had he been covering Kareem and practicing with Kareem all his life, he would be a great post defender.

Sarcastic
09-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Well why couldn't he do it with Houston and Portland?

Bigsmoke
09-22-2015, 10:26 AM
What about Bill Russell and Hakeem Olajuwon

aj1987
09-22-2015, 10:39 AM
:roll:

Russell
Mourning
Ben
Hakeem
Rodman
Moncrief
Dwight (before his back issues)
etc..

riseagainst
09-22-2015, 10:40 AM
greatest defender of all time?

:lol
:roll:

20Four
09-22-2015, 12:15 PM
That made no sense
Just stop....whats your point of making all these threads? Do you get paid for this? WTF

Rocketswin2013
09-22-2015, 12:25 PM

Do you believe Jordan was as good defensively as the others you mentioned?

20Four
09-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Man imagine if Lebron got to play with a guy like Pip
So you're telling me leBRONZE needs even more help to win?? WTF I thought he was the best player? :roll: :roll: :roll:

GIF REACTION
09-22-2015, 12:38 PM
So you're telling me leBRONZE needs even more help to win?? WTF I thought he was the best player? :roll: :roll: :roll:
You're looking small bro

narrow clavicles

try working side delts more

riseagainst
09-22-2015, 12:39 PM
You're looking small bro

narrow clavicles

20Four
09-22-2015, 12:39 PM
You're looking small bro

narrow clavicles

:roll: :roll: :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-22-2015, 12:41 PM
OP saw one highlight video of Pippen, and guy was convinced.

I got a Kwame Brown Mixtape to show you...

GIF REACTION
09-22-2015, 12:43 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Seriously bro

You look extremely narrow

Try some side raises

kennethgriffin
09-22-2015, 12:54 PM
pippen is a top 5 all time defender at the very least

and kobe schooled him nearly every time they were matched up

just sayin

aj1987
09-22-2015, 03:09 PM
pippen is a top 5 all time defender at the very least

and kobe schooled him nearly every time they were matched up

just sayin
The first time Kobe EVER had a good game against Pip was when he was 34.

Just saying.

DaOldLion
09-22-2015, 07:09 PM
perimeter maybe

Smoke117
09-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Agreed. Simply put, he mainly covered Jordan on the perimeter in practice so that is the component of defense he became the best at. Had he been covering Kareem and practicing with Kareem all his life, he would be a great post defender.

Except the most dominant aspect of Pips defense was his help/team defense and ability to guard 3 or 4 guys on any given defensive possession. His one on one defensive was very good, but that isn't what makes him a legendary defender...it's his help/team defense. His extremely high basketball IQ also helped as he was always the one directing other players on the team where to be. It's said by former teammates that he used to call out the opposing teams plays before they even knew what they were going to run because he could read them so well. That did not come from the fact that "he mainly covered Jordan on the perimeter in practice".

DaOldLion
09-22-2015, 07:21 PM
The first time Kobe EVER had a good game against Pip was when he was 34.

Just saying.

so dropping 20/4/4 while winning isn't a good game..??

sdot_thadon
09-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Except the most dominant aspect of Pips defense was his help/team defense and ability to guard 3 or 4 guys on any given defensive possession. His one on one defensive was very good, but that isn't what makes him a legendary defender...it's his help/team defense. His extremely high basketball IQ also helped as he was always the one directing other players on the team where to be. It's said by former teammates that he used to call out the opposing teams plays before they even knew what they were going to run because he could read them so well. That did not come from the fact that "he mainly covered Jordan on the perimeter in practice".
:applause: :applause: I guess no other bulls ever got to cover mj in practice to get the magic touch?

aj1987
09-22-2015, 07:30 PM
so dropping 20/4/4 while winning isn't a good game..??
For an All-Star and a player of his caliber, nope. His efficiency was 52% TS and he got out played by 2 teammates that game.

pauk
09-22-2015, 08:36 PM
His defensive impact is up there but i dont think better than for example Russell, Hakeem etc... as much as i love versatile D or perimeter D the super defensive bigs unfortunately have generally greater defensive impact due to parasoling the most vulnerable zone/easiest place to score & hence most important one (interior)... Pippen has a case only for the best allround defender of all time, i say "case" because Pistons Rodman (not so much Bulls Rodman) was just like Pippen, an SF in his athletic prime defending PG-SG-SF (and defended PF/C much more than Pippen), but even better i think.... you need to check that version of Rodman out...

Young X
09-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Duncan
Garnett
Russell
Robinson
Olajuwon
Wallace
Ewing
Mutombo
Mourning
Eaton
Howard

DaOldLion
09-22-2015, 09:06 PM
For an All-Star and a player of his caliber, nope. His efficiency was 52% TS and he got out played by 2 teammates that game.

he averaged 15/3/3 for the season, putting up 20/4/4 was a good game for him at the time, bringing up that he "got outplayed" by teammates is irrelevant, that doesn't make his performance not good.

DJ Leon Smith
09-23-2015, 03:41 AM
But someone else on this site said Scottie Pippen was basically Orlando Woolridge. I think that poster had a mild case of down syndrome though but still I'm not sure who to believe now.

Oh wait it was you who said that. Carry on.

KembaWalker
09-23-2015, 04:07 AM
But someone else on this site said Scottie Pippen was basically Orlando Woolridge. I think that poster had a mild case of down syndrome though but still I'm not sure who to believe now.

:roll: :roll:

warriorfan
09-23-2015, 05:31 AM

Aussie on Aussie slaying

20Four
09-23-2015, 08:21 AM

OP is a joke....down syndrome mutha fvck :roll:

dh144498
09-23-2015, 11:48 AM