PDA

View Full Version : who is the GOAT playoff performer? finals performer?

riseagainst
09-22-2015, 04:49 PM
I hear through the grapevine nowadays that Lebron is. Is this true?

GIF REACTION
09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
It's true

You can tell because he has a huge package

Wade's Rings
09-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Already been threads on this.

KirbyPls
09-22-2015, 04:54 PM
It's Kobe. You can't trust any stats, eye test all the way. Thus, Kobe.

Hey Yo
09-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Here....I'll do it before the OP does.

:roll: :roll: :lol :oldlol: :roll:

:roll: :applause: :oldlol: :roll: :roll:

Bankaii
09-22-2015, 05:23 PM
The sad part is that most Kobetards on here actually sound like that.

On topic tho it's AI, even MJ frails in comparison to that braided beastly man. No comparison.

Young X
09-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Even Bron and Kobe fans/stans know it's Jordan. You see these f*ggots constantly trying to discredit Jordan but they know deep down who the real GOAT is.

When it comes to the all the legendary shit he's done in the playoffs/finals, neither Kobe or Lebron come close to f*cking with Jordan and they know that.

Bay Area Baller
09-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Dirk Nowitski won a ring in 2011 with supporting cast of Jason Terry and Jason Kidd. Dirk's fade away jumper was super efficient and highly effective. They took control of the series from Miami with Jason Kidd's General like capabilities on the floor. He would set plays kick it out to Terry if needed and run pick and rolls with Dirk. All this was too much for Miami and they decided the series in game 6 winning while Dirk won the FMVP.

does that answer your question?

feyki
09-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Dirk Nowitski won a ring in 2011 with supporting cast of Jason Terry and Jason Kidd. Dirk's fade away jumper was super efficient and highly effective. They took control of the series from Miami with Jason Kidd's General like capabilities on the floor. He would set plays kick it out to Terry if needed and run pick and rolls with Dirk. All this was too much for Miami and they decided the series in game 6 winning while Dirk won the FMVP.

does that answer your question?
Dirk has 5 times 30+ eff playoff years

Duncan 3 times

Lebron 2 times

Garnett 2 times

Kobe 0 times

DaOldLion
09-22-2015, 06:39 PM
how did this become a Kobe hate thread? the insecurity is real

Bay Area Baller
09-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Dirk has 5 times 30+ eff playoff years

Duncan 3 times

Lebron 2 times

Garnett 2 times

Kobe 0 times

Word?! Its almost like Dirk is the GOat playoff performance in recent years. He elevates his team, gets players involved. And doesn't jump ship just cuz there isn't the exact talent around him that is ideal. Some how Dirk just transcends opponents in the playoffs bc he wills his team and his scoring to accomplish the goal of winning. :rockon: :rockon:

OldSchoolBBall
09-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Dirk's 2011 run is definitely up there for best playoff runs I've ever seen. Dude was unstoppable in fourth quarters that postseason and seemed to make every big shot.

As for GOAT playoff/Finals performer, it's Jordan for both.

feyki
09-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Word?! Its almost like Dirk is the GOat playoff performance in recent years. He elevates his team, gets players involved. And doesn't jump ship just cuz there isn't the exact talent around him that is ideal. Some how Dirk just transcends opponents in the playoffs bc he wills his team and his scoring to accomplish the goal of winning. :rockon: :rockon:

Best playoff performer of between 2000-2011 . And 11 regular season total win shares 152.45 , per year 12.7 win shares. Dirk is everytime get underrating in mvp votes and people minds .

Legends66NBA7
09-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Michael Jordan and Bill Russell.

kennethgriffin
09-22-2015, 07:01 PM
bill russell

duh

probably averaged 17/25/5/5/5 while winning 11 out of 12 titles as the leagues best defensive player and rebounder

Marv_Albert
09-22-2015, 07:04 PM
bill russell

duh

probably averaged 17/25/5/5/5 while winning 11 out of 12 titles as the leagues best defensive player and rebounder

Against no real competiton though way harder these days

Lebrons numbers Versus that warriors team nobody will ever do better than that effort

Hey Yo
09-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Best playoff performer of between 2000-2011 . And 11 regular season total win shares 152.45 , per year 12.7 win shares. Dirk is everytime get underrating in mvp votes and people minds .
Unfortunately, some will still remember Dirk more for his / Dallas choke job against the 8th seeded GSW, rather than his 2011 run.

Soundwave
09-22-2015, 10:31 PM
Jordan. Easily.

FKAri
09-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Jordan for his consistency. Bill Russell didn't have to play nearly as many games in his playoff runs.

dhsilv
09-22-2015, 10:44 PM
As for single season bests that will be missed (MJ and Lebron won't be missed).

Wade 06 (the refs the refs.....it happened nothing I can do)
Dirk 11
Duncan 03
Shaq 00
Hakeem 94
Magic 87
Bird 86
Moses 83

And now it's getting too far back. But those are a few that might get missed as far as all time great ones. Clearly everyone remembers the MJ and lebron ones so again I didn't just forget them.

DatAsh
09-22-2015, 10:46 PM
bill russell

duh

Chamberlain was the league's best rebounder, especially in the playoffs.

T_L_P
09-22-2015, 10:49 PM

Random set of years, but he's still not - and I think Dirk is the second greatest PF ever from a Playoff performance perspective.

Gileraracer
09-23-2015, 02:15 AM
LeBrun, 2/6 with 27%. Do I need to say anything else?

feyki
09-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Random set of years, but he's still not - and I think Dirk is the second greatest PF ever from a Playoff performance perspective.

Shaq 99-05 , Duncan 99-07 , Kobe 01-04 n 08-10 , Garnett 99-04 , Kidd 02-04 , Nash 05-07 but Dirk 00-11 . We must be look total of 12 years. Dirk is the best of total 12 playoff years.

I think Elgin,Duncan,Pettit better playoff performer than Dirk. Maybe Pettit not.

StephHamann
09-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Mods?

Psileas
09-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Against no real competiton though way harder these days

Lebrons numbers Versus that warriors team nobody will ever do better than that effort

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

r0drig0lac
09-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Michael Jordan and Bill Russell.
this

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Bill Russell has an argument, but to be perfectly honest, the idea that his teams were some unbeatable force in the playoffs are exaggerated. sure, they won 11 out of 13 titles (with 1 being when Russell was injured)
but realistically, they went to 7 game 7s against teams that had 44 wins on average.

Overall, in my opinion, its Jordan, handily.
both as a playoff performer and as a finals performer.

But in terms of 1 season, probably Lebron in 09.

Duncan in 03, Dirk in 11, Jordan in his peak, Kareem in 77, Wilt in 67 (for the first 2 series at least), Shaq at his peak, etc all deserve a shout

but

I dont think people understand how good Lebron was in 09. according to almost every respectably advanced metric, he was a defender on par with even some defensive achor big men in nba history.
As a pure playoff run, lets look at the facts.

According to box plus metrics, he was far ahead of anyone in nba history.

Over the first 2 series, he averaged 33-10-7 on 53% from the field and 36% from the 3 point line.

Against Orlando, which was probably better than any defense some other legendary single season playoffs, such as MJ, faced, he averaged 39-8-8 on 49%, and his "low" shooting percentage was mostly because he was dreadful from 3 point range.

over the first 2 series, the Cavs were actually on pace to be historically dominant. they won by an average of over 15 points a game, which Im sure would have been the highest in nba history if sustained (I think 10 does the trick actually).

remember, this is not a very good supporting cast, at all. People like to go on about supporting casts in certain years such as Kareems, Wilts, etc, and base it off things like shooting percentage, but people tend to ignore how a team functions without their star player, and if the star player is actually taking shots away from said players, lowering their actual FG%.
IIRC, they went 1-14 when lebron was injured over a 3 year span, where they really didnt make any real major roster changes. obviously, they werent actually a 1-14 team, but them being a 10-20 win team wouldnt be suprising. at all.
(lets just pause and realize that he brought that team to a 66 win record)

Well, they were actually playing like their record over the first few games of the playoffs, and then they met teh Dwight lead Magic.

Now, this was a matchup nightmare.
in the regular season, they went 1-2 against the magic, winning by 4, and losing by 11 and 29.
Ill make it simple. the "matchup nightmare" is much worse than this, tbh.
The cavs werent exactly rim walls during the regular season
"Oh, but they had Varejao!"
well, here's the thing. Varejao was important in the playoffs.
He was playing 31 minutes a game before meeting the magic, which I think is his career high, in the playoffs at least.

in 4 of the 6 games, he was put into foul trouble. in 3 of these games, he fouled out.

Put it this way, for the whole playoffs, in terms of ppg, Dwight wasnt a monster. he averaged something like 18ppg, aside from his series against cleveland.

against cleveland? 26ppg on 65%,
and he averaged 71% from the line. on 12 attempts a game

Really, everything that could have gone wrong for Cleveland, did.

Rishard Lewis averaged about his playoff average against cleveland. but he shot around 42% against everyone else. he shot 49% against cleveland.

Really, no one in nba history could have gotten that cavs team to challange the orlando squad, let alone the lakers.
Lebron almost did.

and him losing doesen't take anything away from that. to be honest, if they were a little bit luckier, they would have had a chance.

in terms of how unlucky he was in certain games...

Game 1, they lost by 1. his incredible game was balanced out by Dwights impressive game.
Worth noting, in the last half minute, lebron, down by 2, made a 3 point play, fouling dwight out in the process. made the free throw
Game 2, won by 1, Lebron had a game winner.
Game 3 lost by 10
Game 4 lost by 2.
Despite scoring 10 points in overtime, and his most of his misses coming from deep (1 being a halfcourt bomb)
Dwight scored 10 points (scoring only 17 in the whole game)
dwight was 7-9 from the line btw
(he was also 10/19 in the last 5 minutes of the game when the lead was 5+-, for what its worth)
game 5, won by 10 (37 point Triple Double)
game 6, lost by 13. Lebron had a bad game. wouldnt really have won otherwise.

And consider that, this supporting cast wouldnt win more than 15 games on their own, and Lebron took them to being competitive with a 59 win team, that had every matchup advantage possible. Hell, Dwight even has better hair than Lebron.

and obviously, being Insidehoops, he was blamed because of the 1 bad game. (which tbh was still not even an actual bad game tbh)

and BTW, I dont like Lebron
I was openly rooting for the Warriors throughout the playoffs.
And yes, I am a bigger Kobe fan than all of you combined. And I concede that peak for peak, Lebron is far ahead of Kobe, and he will finish higher All time objectively.

HighFlyer23
09-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Jordan