PDA

View Full Version : Would boxing fans be opposed to boxers being allowed

Godzuki
09-22-2015, 09:50 PM
to push the opponent off, and there being no ref breaking?

and if you're against it, why? what skill does hugging represent? why is that a important/needed rule? :confusedshrug:

tmacattack33
09-23-2015, 10:26 AM
I only recently got into boxing a little bit, but clinch fighting is boring to me since I can't even see what the f is going on for the most part.

So just for the entertainment factor for me, the viewer, its good that the ref breaks it up.

PistonsFan#21
09-23-2015, 11:14 AM
I only recently got into boxing a little bit, but clinch fighting is boring to me since I can't even see what the f is going on for the most part.

So just for the entertainment factor for me, the viewer, its good that the ref breaks it up.

Watch the Ali vs George Foreman ''rumble in the jungle'' fight. Ali clinched, hugged and pushed Foreman's head down until he was totally exhausted WAYY more than Mayweather did in any of his fights. But everybody still gave him major props for winning what was considered the biggest fight of his career

I bet Godzuki doesnt even know about this fight because hes just a casual fan that only knows 3-4 names in the boxing world without having to google them

Godzuki
09-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Watch the Ali vs George Foreman ''rumble in the jungle'' fight. Ali clinched, hugged and pushed Foreman's head down until he was totally exhausted WAYY more than Mayweather did in any of his fights. But everybody still gave him major props for winning what was considered the biggest fight of his career

I bet Godzuki doesnt even know about this fight because hes just a casual fan that only knows 3-4 names in the boxing world without having to google them

i swear y'all are such over analyzing, overrating, pretentious fgts here :oldlol:

all they fukkin do when hugging is tap them for points, and to pretend its some goat art to win fights is so laffably dumb that it could only come from a floyd stan who over exaggerates EVERYTHING to greatness :facepalm

and i'm not even saying they can't get in on the other fighter and try to hug them then go for a upper cut or some shit. i'm saying the other fighter SHOULD be able to push them off, which IS fighting. thats what people do, its normal and a natural defense to someone trying to hug the fukk out of u because they need to stall or are vulnerable....but for some reason boxing doesn't allow it :rolleyes:

GTFO calling it some great skill :roll: :roll: :roll:

'clinch fighting' exists in MMA, not boxing. its pushing their head down and throwing up knee's. lol @ tiring someone out by hugging them all fight in boxing. only floyd stans can say this kinda shit :lol

SCREWstonRockets
09-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Not sure I fully understand the question but I'll try to answer. If there was no ref breaking, there would be more holding/hugging. You also shouldn't be allowed to push because that can be used as a cheap tactic to get away from an opponent thats pressuring you.

I'm not a fan of holding in boxing. I can only understand it if somebody is getting rocked and trying to hang on. I don't even like in the MMA when they hug and go to the ground for submissions. None of that is entertaining to me.

I don't care to see more defense than offense. There needs to be a nice balance.