PDA

View Full Version : I respect Kobe

Akrazotile
09-24-2015, 02:14 AM
I want you guys to know that.

I dont necessarily always appreciate his approach to playing the game. I often disagree with it. But I admire his talent, and I respect his drive. I applaud his willingness to be who he is; A basketball lifer, and a cultured and intelligent, successful father, the son of Jelly Bean Bryant and nephew of Chubby Cox.

I appreciate all hes done to engender interest in the game and excitement throughout the league. He's played the hero and the villain role at various times and has kept his head held high throughout. Nuff respect.

I will continue to rip on him to counteract the overzealous stans, but for tonight, in this thread, I would like to offer a tip of the cap to all hes accomplished over nearly two decades of wearing the purple and gold.

Have a great season, Kobe. Here's hoping you put that missed shot record permanently out of reach :cheers:

Hit_Em
09-24-2015, 02:15 AM
Hi long time kobe fan here.I respect the fact that he beat a rape case and regularly cheats on his wife and she does nothing about it even though she is well aware of it + walked in on him while it was happening

I also respect the fact that he forgave his teammate for posting this http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Larry-Nancy-Jr-Kobe-Rapist.jpg

So proud of my favorite player!He is a peaceful and forgiving gawd

Gileraracer
09-24-2015, 02:16 AM
Almost sounds like a funeral speech :cry:

Akrazotile
09-24-2015, 02:17 AM
Almost sounds like a funeral speech :cry:

We still have months to go til he faces Lebron

Coach Eddie
09-24-2015, 02:53 AM
Hi long time kobe fan here.I respect the fact that he beat a rape case and regularly cheats on his wife and she does nothing about it even though she is well aware of it + walked in on him while it was happening

I also respect the fact that he forgave his teammate for posting this http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Larry-Nancy-Jr-Kobe-Rapist.jpg

:roll:

Akrazotile
09-24-2015, 03:39 AM

I get this and all, but my OP is actually being serious. I do appreciate Kobe Bean in the big picture.

You Cant Ban Me
09-24-2015, 03:55 AM
huge huge HUGE! kobetard here.Kobe may be a rapist but he also is the greatest 2nd option in the history of any sport + a 5 time NBA CHAMPION!He also had a brief window where he was the best player on the planet 2007/2008 LOOK IT UP LeFullHeadOfHair STANS!

AirFederer
09-24-2015, 04:13 AM
I have one question. If Kobe is so highly skilled, why can`t he be great when his athleticism is not longer elite? You would think he`d still find a way. But no.
Why is that? :confusedshrug:

KembaWalker
09-24-2015, 04:25 AM
I can't believe 'I'm a fan of certain player but *inset negative comment*' is still a thing, betas

You Cant Ban Me
09-24-2015, 04:28 AM
I can't believe 'I'm a fan of certain player but *inset negative comment*' is still a thing, betas

when i set a trend them fockers last for a long time huh? :roll:

Big Dick James > KoBald DEAL WITH IT!

Vaniiiia
09-24-2015, 04:40 AM
I don't.

:yaohappy:

KembaWalker
09-24-2015, 05:17 AM
when i set a trend them fockers last for a long time huh? :roll:

Big Dick James > KoBald DEAL WITH IT!

You started it? Why am I not surprised you're to blame for this beta ass trend

Damn now looks like I own you and everyone who's participated in it

My family keeps growing :applause:

Akrazotile
09-24-2015, 10:11 AM
I have one question. If Kobe is so highly skilled, why can`t he be great when his athleticism is not longer elite? You would think he`d still find a way. But no.

Because he doesnt play the right way.

If he did, his skills would make him much more effective at his advanced age.

stalkerforlife
09-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Meltdown.

dh144498
09-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Because he doesnt play the right way.

If he did, his skills would make him much more effective at his advanced age.

I agree man. Kobe and Lebron are just not that great of players.

GoatBoy
09-24-2015, 12:30 PM

Tearing your achilles at an older age like kobe did is a massively hard thing to come back from.

This season he will silence all you critics anyways, coming back in 2013 form.

Naero
09-24-2015, 06:40 PM

He's never been centrically athleticism-dependent on scoring; that trend was provenly true as he continued to maintain prolificity after dramatically losing a step after 2009 and continuing down the downslope. His lack of athleticism only really began to insurmountably hinder him post-achilles-tendon-rupture.

Regardless of how skilled a player is, success in the NBA is predicated on consistence; without having the physical fitness and sustainability to play in the long haul, it's a lost cause in that regard. Never mind that Kobe has already had nearly two decades of attrition on body; after his achilles-tendon

ImKobe
09-24-2015, 06:43 PM
He won 5 rings playing his way, I don't think you can question his approach to the game with him being great for such a long stretch..

Naero
09-24-2015, 06:57 PM
He won 5 rings playing his way, I don't think you can question his approach to the game with him being great for such a long stretch..

But one also has to entertain how much more playoff success