PDA

View Full Version : Curry first player to win the title as RegSeason MVP and not win FinalsMVP

StephHamann
09-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Dude breaking records left and right :applause:

plowking
09-25-2015, 09:43 AM
Who cares? He should have won.

Iggy winning was a joke.

ralph_i_el
09-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Curry got penalized for not putting up massive numbers....but he was getting constantly doubled and trapped....which is why Iggy was able to put up good numbers.

It's dumb. The Warriors offense doesn't go anywhere without Curry, especially with how Klay played.

Achilleas
09-25-2015, 10:16 AM
he will win both of them this year :rockon:

stalkerforlife
09-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Curry was the FMVP.

But Iggy was close. He shat on Bran.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 10:24 AM

Iggy winning was a joke.
No it wasn't. FMVP is the most consistent and impactful player, not the best player on the team.

When Currys shot wasn't falling he was basically invisible. Although Iggy didn't have as many points he was still consistent and had his defense. If an average defender of Currys level guards Bron he averages a 40 point triple double and the Cavs win.

Dellavedova went off on him for goodness sake.

Akrazotile
09-25-2015, 10:48 AM
No it wasn't. FMVP is the most consistent and impactful player, not the best player on the team.

When Currys shot wasn't falling he was basically invisible. Although Iggy didn't have as many points he was still consistent and had his defense. If an average defender of Currys level guards Bron he averages a 40 point triple double and the Cavs win.

This.

The obsession with comparing stars by their accolades leads to a lot of undeserved accolades, just bc people feel theyll be wasted if given to a player with no historical significance. This is why Kobe was gifted FMVP, All-Defense, and even his one MVP. Hes supposed to be "the Jordan comparison" so the media just auto gives him the same awards Jordan got. Similarly in football, they basically just auto-give Superbowl MVP to the quarterback unless hes downright terrible, just bc the media is dumb, lazy, and idealizes quarterback as some position of heightened glory.

If youre gonna have a FMVP (and I dont even think they should, its a dumb award), then give it to the guy who had the best series. Not the guy whose reputation will benefit most from adding a particular award to his trophy case. I'm glad they didnt do that this time.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 11:02 AM
This.

The obsession with comparing stars by their accolades leads to a lot of undeserved accolades, just bc people feel theyll be wasted if given to a player with no historical significance. This is why Kobe was gifted FMVP, All-Defense, and even his one MVP. Hes supposed to be "the Jordan comparison" so the media just auto gives him the same awards Jordan got. Similarly in football, they basically just auto-give Superbowl MVP to the quarterback unless hes downright terrible, just bc the media is dumb, lazy, and idealizes quarterback as some position of heightened glory.

If youre gonna have a FMVP (and I dont even think they should, its a dumb award), then give it to the guy who had the best series. Not the guy whose reputation will benefit most from adding a particular award to his trophy case. I'm glad they didnt do that this time.
I was with you until you mentioned Kobe. Come on man even as a Bron stan you know Kobe's 2 FMVPs are deserved.

Besides Lebron will most likely pass him career wise undoubtedly next year, don't be so insecure bud.:cheers:

houston
09-25-2015, 11:09 AM
couple players already did this

curry should won the award though cause he was the team most impactful player

Akrazotile
09-25-2015, 11:10 AM
I was with you until you mentioned Kobe. Come on man even as a Bron stan you know Kobe's 2 FMVPs are deserved.

Besides Lebron will most likely pass him career wise undoubtedly next year, don't be so insecure bud.:cheers:

6/24? :confusedshrug:

Spaulding
09-25-2015, 11:16 AM
couple players already did this

curry should won the award though cause he was the team most impactful player

Did you even watch the finals? Curry was not the most impactful at all. FMVP is for Finals. Not regular season.

HurricaneKid
09-25-2015, 11:17 AM

The Cavs were doubling Curry 35 ft from the basket. They did so by LEAVING Iggy all alone. When you are the weak link the opposition pulls defenders from you CANNOT be the MVP.

Curry avg 26ppg on .585 TS% and the entire offense benefitted from his range as they essentially played 4 on 3. His inertia alone was far more valuable than any of Iggy's offensive contributions. But I guess Iggy did hold LeBron to 36/13/9 so... thats something.

3ball
09-25-2015, 11:22 AM

Iggy winning was a joke.
This..

What EXACTLY did Iggy win the Finals MVP for?

Holding Lebron to 40% shooting?.... Bullshit... Lebron shot the same against the Bulls and Hawks, and he shot 41.7% the entire playoffs.

So what EXACTLY did Iggy win the FMVP for?... I know... The media is dumb as **** about basketball and they thought Iggy WAS having an impact on Lebron's FG%.... They didn't realize that the reason Lebron shot poorly the entire playoffs is because he's bad at the additional midrange and 1-on-1 required of high volume shooting - he's simply not capable of good efficiency at high shot volume..

27 shot attempts per game (Lebron's average in 2015 Playoffs) cannot be achieved on all 3-and-D - good midrange and 1-on-1 efficiency is needed to shoot well at this volume.. Accordingly, Lebron's career 36% midrange efficiency and poor 1-on-1 efficiency precludes him from ever shooting well at very high volumes - this is a statistical fact..

But again, the media is dumb as **** about basketball, so they didn't realize this, and thought it was all Iggy - it's nauseating how dumb the media is about basketball.. Curry's a good dude, so i'm sure he took it in stride, but it had to hurt a LITTLE bit... Curry did throw shots at Lebron in the media by referencing stats that don't mean anything.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 11:25 AM
The Cavs were doubling Curry 35 ft from the basket. They did so by LEAVING Iggy all alone. When you are the weak link the opposition pulls defenders from you CANNOT be the MVP.

Curry avg 26ppg on .585 TS% and the entire offense benefitted from his range as they essentially played 4 on 3. His inertia alone was far more valuable than any of Iggy's offensive contributions. But I guess Iggy did hold LeBron to 36/13/9 so... thats something.
TS is dumb, Curry shot 44% for the series, and for a guy that is completely dependent on his efficiency that's nothing special.

They doubled Curry because he's their best player, ball handler and playmaker which all makes since. But there were plenty of stretches where he got played straight up and Delly owned him. He completely disappeared in a couple games where his shot wasn't falling, both offensively and defensively. Golden States offense is so team oriented that they were able to move the ball and score without Curry being the main ball handler all the time.

And again, never said Iggy stopped Lebron, he got shat on. But if a defender or Currys level guarded Lebron he would have had the GOAT finals and led the Cavs to the win.

Iggys D>Currys O.

TripleA
09-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Those two games where he got his shit pushed in was the reason why he didn't win finals mvp. Those games are the reason why the cavs had a opportunity to win. Watch the games boys. No box score watching. It was like harden vs the Warriors.

Rocketswin2013
09-25-2015, 11:26 AM
Curry wasn't the most impactful player in that series. No one should be bothered.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 11:27 AM
This..

Holding Lebron to 40% shooting?.... Bullshit... Lebron shot the same against the Bulls and Hawks, and he shot 41.7% the entire playoffs.

So what EXACTLY did Iggy win the FMVP for?... I know... The media is dumb as **** about basketball and they thought Iggy WAS having an impact on Lebron's FG%.... They didn't realize that the reason Lebron shot poorly the entire playoffs is because he's bad at the additional midrange and 1-on-1 required of high volume shooting - he's simply not capable of good efficiency at high shot volume..

27 shot attempts per game (Lebron's average in 2015 Playoffs) cannot be achieved on all 3-and-D - good midrange and 1-on-1 efficiency is needed to shoot well at this volume.. Accordingly, Lebron's career 36% midrange efficiency and poor 1-on-1 efficiency precludes him from ever shooting well at very high volumes - this is a statistical fact..

But again, the media is dumb as **** about basketball, so they didn't realize this, and thought it was all Iggy - it's nauseating how dumb the media is about basketball.. Curry's a good dude, so i'm sure he took it in stride, but it had to hurt a LITTLE bit... Curry did throw shots at Lebron in the media by referencing stats that don't mean anything.
Have you ever made a non-agenda driven post?
Lebron>MJ

StephHamann
09-25-2015, 11:29 AM
Lebron>MJ

https://media.giphy.com/media/cuhFeODDrIYIU/giphy.gif

SOD 21
09-25-2015, 11:30 AM
The fact that was given by the original poster in this thread is not correct.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar earned the regular season MVP in 1980 and Magic Johnson won the finals MVP that same season.

There maybe others as well, but I know that for a fact off the top of my head.

Legends66NBA7
OP is wrong.

1980 - Kareem (but there's more than argument that he should have won; and really, thought Curry would have taken it too.)

Also, there have been plenty of players who won regular season MVP and didn't even win the title. Anybody with their head on straight is taking the title over a Finals MVP.

ralph_i_el

"basically invisible" my ass. He drew insane attention from the defense. It wasn't Dellavedova shutting Curry down ("Shutting down" averaging 26 a game), it was Dellavedova+Doubles/traps getting him out of his comfort zone.....and it didn't work.

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 11:32 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cuhFeODDrIYIU/giphy.gif

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384222

Come on, 2/6 and 6/6. But Lebron is still way better than MJ.

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 11:33 AM
"basically invisible" my ass. He drew insane attention from the defense. It was Dellavedova shutting Curry down ("Shutting down" averaging 26 a game), it was Dellavedova+Doubles/traps getting him out of his comfort zone.....and it didn't work.

Curry only had one bad game, to be honest. After Game 2, he was decent to great.

StephHamann
09-25-2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384222

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/cb/cb4d231d1fef5736a24763507d0f157af23a98a8fdce53cdc6 26e89b96722395.jpg

ralph_i_el
09-25-2015, 11:35 AM
TS is dumb, Curry shot 44% for the series, and for a guy that is completely dependent on his efficiency that's nothing special.

They doubled Curry because he's their best player, ball handler and playmaker which all makes since. But there were plenty of stretches where he got played straight up and Delly owned him. He completely disappeared in a couple games where his shot wasn't falling, both offensively and defensively. Golden States offense is so team oriented that they were able to move the ball and score without Curry being the main ball handler all the time.

And again, never said Iggy stopped Lebron, he got shat on. But if a defender or Currys level guarded Lebron he would have had the GOAT finals and led the Cavs to the win.

Iggys D>Currys O.

Half his shots in the series were 3's, which means he shot ~50% on 2's. He was very efficient, especially considering that efficiency drops off during the playoffs, he was being doubled hard, and the Cavs did their best to keep him out of transition.

Their team-oriented ball movement only worked because of Curry's pull/gravity on offense. He takes up so much attention that it made it easy for the rest of his squad. Drawing a double team that far from the basket is INSANELY valuable.

Why even talk about Curry guarding LeBron? He's a point guard.

Everything in your post is retarded, but what should I expect from you :confusedshrug:

HurricaneKid
09-25-2015, 11:35 AM

Iggys D>Currys O.

He made almost twice as many 3s as anyone has ever made in the postseason last year. If you shoot 3s at that volume and shoot 44% you are one of the most efficient players ever. Your failure to understand that he shot 11 3s a game and that has a significant impact on FG% and that it makes him MORE efficient means you likely need to retake some middle school math.

They doubled Curry because it was better to force GSW into 4 on 3s with Dray possessing the ball than let the MVP pick them apart. Its the entire reason GSW were the best offense in the league. Its almost impossible to double 3 pt shooters without leaving a ton of space under the arc.

You can't give a guy an MVP because he held a player to be the first ever player to lead a Finals in Pts, Rebs, and Asst. Especially when he only shot 2% lower than he did in his toughest series in the East.

3ball
09-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Have you ever made a non-agenda driven post?
Lebron>MJ
I never mentioned MJ... Again, why did Iggy win the FMVP?... What was the reason specifically?

We know that Iggy didn't hold Lebron to 40% shooting, since Lebron shot that against Chicago and Atlanta too, and shot 41.7% the entire playoffs.

So why did Iggy win FMVP?

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 11:39 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/cb/cb4d231d1fef5736a24763507d0f157af23a98a8fdce53cdc6 26e89b96722395.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sHt5q.jpg

GimmeThat
09-25-2015, 12:02 PM
well, no one could do his job during the regular season
and during the finals, his job ended up not being the most important one of all

Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving didn't play

"I can do calculus better than anyone else here"
"well, but we need the best Algebra person here"

If the 2015 nba finals actually did draw the highest rating in recent years

I wonder how many of them were actually fans prior to this season, or know/understand/follow basketball beforehand

Or how many simply just watched it, because of the media frenzy internationally from Lebron returning to the Cavs

the 2003 World Series of Poker also received the highest rating due to the innovation from broadcasting. That year, an amateur player named Chris Moneymaker won over Sammy 'Sam' Farha

"You want to watch the Denver Broncos in the Superbowl with Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders out? As of fan of neither team playing in the Superbowl.?"

Blue&Orange
09-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Dude breaking records left and right :applause:
You can thank Lebron for forcing his coach to constantly double team and trapped Steph, even after it wasn't working, even after the series was over.

I got another one for you,

First time a starter goes 28\10 on 60% on a game on the finals and only plays 9 minutes the next game.

It's hilarious how Lebron tried his hard to win that FMVP even making his coach take out players that weren't helping his stats and ended up losing for a bonafide role player.

I can't think of a bigger loser than Lebron.

Akrazotile
09-25-2015, 12:21 PM
You can thank Lebron for forcing his coach to constantly double team and trapped Steph, even after it wasn't working, even after the series was over.

First time a starter goes 28\10 on 60% on a game on the finals and only plays 9 minutes the next game.

It's hilarious how Lebron tried his hard to win that FMVP even making his coach take out players that weren't helping his stats and ended up losing for a bonafide role player.

That moment when a mirror provides all the answers...

Fudge
09-25-2015, 12:31 PM
:roll:

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Half his shots in the series were 3's, which means he shot ~50% on 2's. He was very efficient, especially considering that efficiency drops off during the playoffs, he was being doubled hard, and the Cavs did their best to keep him out of transition.

Their team-oriented ball movement only worked because of Curry's pull/gravity on offense. He takes up so much attention that it made it easy for the rest of his squad. Drawing a double team that far from the basket is INSANELY valuable.

Why even talk about Curry guarding LeBron? He's a point guard.

Everything in your post is retarded, but what should I expect from you :confusedshrug:
You seriously getting this mad over a post? You don't know me dumbass, so your expectations of me mean shit.

Game 2: 5/23, 2/15 from 3, 5 assists/6 turnovers. His team only loses by 2.
Game 3: 6 TO, Delly at worst was even with him
The other games he performed well but outside of Game 5 Iggy was just as good. And he's nowhere near as efficient as you're making him out to be.

And lol at GSW offense only working because of Curry. It's a team offense dumbass that requires heavy ball movement. Curry is the focal point but everyone has to be on point for it to be effective.

Care to explain why Curry had the most turnovers yet not the most assists.

To you and that other guy Iggys defense on Lebron won them the series. Your dumbass called my post retarded but your reading comprehension is horrendous. I never said Curry would guard Lebron, I said if an average/mediocre defender(as Curry is one himself) replaced Iggy and Lebron he would have played much better and led the Cavs to the W.

If you really think Currys nonexistent defense and above average offense was more impactful than Iggys momentum, defense, playmaking, and consistent offense then you're not worth it.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Curry got penalized for not putting up massive numbers....but he was getting constantly doubled and trapped....which is why Iggy was able to put up good numbers.

It's dumb. The Warriors offense doesn't go anywhere without Curry, especially with how Klay played.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/638686509642727425/mVKV1vbc.jpg
The warriors had a 105 ORTG for the series. Their offense didnt win them the series it was their defense (99DRTG). And Steph had nothing to do with their defensive dominance. They had the postseason defense since the 04 Pistons for a reason

a post from realgm
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1392266&start=20

With Curry without Iguodala: 99.0 ORtg, 107.1 DRtg (-8.1)
With Iguodala without Curry: 102.0 ORtg, 81.6 DRtg (+20.4)

With Curry, Draymond without Iguodala: 96.9 ORtg, 106.2 DRtg (-9.3)
With Iguodala without Curry, Draymond: 110.0 ORtg, 70.0 DRtg (+40.0)

With Curry, Thompson without Iguodala: 98.9 ORtg, 108.4 DRtg (-9.5)
With Iguodala without Curry, Thompson: 115.0 ORtg, 95.0 DRtg (+20.0)

With Curry, Bogut without Iguodala: 96.5 ORtg, 115.1 DRtg (-18.6)
With Iguodala without Curry, Bogut: 100.0 ORtg, 78.4 DRtg (+21.6)

http://s3-static-ak.buzzfed.com/static/2015-09/15/3/campaign_images/webdr14/theres-a-full-version-of-the-why-you-always-lying-2-22597-1442303106-0_big.jpg

Iggy was EASILY FMVP. He was the best defender in the series and the 2nd best offensive player on the Warriors. Steph was the best offensive player but crap on defense. Delly torched him in 2 games outplayed him in 2/5 games he started. Kyrie outplayed him on both ends in game 1. Iggy was the best player in more games than Steph and had a bigger impact

http://static.vibe.com/files/2015/09/15141246/Why-You-Always-Lying-Full-Video-640x422.png

SouBeachTalents
09-25-2015, 01:25 PM

Watch the Knicks opening night, you'll see 12 of them

SouBeachTalents
09-25-2015, 01:27 PM
And people can have issue with Curry not winning FMVP this year, but Kareem not winning in '80 was straight robbery

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 01:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/638686509642727425/mVKV1vbc.jpg
The warriors had a 105 ORTG for the series. Their offense didnt win them the series it was their defense (99DRTG). And Steph had nothing to do with their defensive dominance. They had the postseason defense since the 04 Pistons for a reason

a post from realgm
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1392266&start=20

http://s3-static-ak.buzzfed.com/static/2015-09/15/3/campaign_images/webdr14/theres-a-full-version-of-the-why-you-always-lying-2-22597-1442303106-0_big.jpg

Iggy was EASILY FMVP. He was the best defender in the series and the 2nd best offensive player on the Warriors. Steph was the best offensive player but crap on defense. Delly torched him in 2 games outplayed him in 2/5 games he started. Kyrie outplayed him on both ends in game 1. Iggy was the best player in more games than Steph and had a bigger impact

http://static.vibe.com/files/2015/09/15141246/Why-You-Always-Lying-Full-Video-640x422.png

Copy pasting ortg's from realgm?

Yeah, you don't know basketball.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Notice there hasn't been one person who thinks Iguodala deserved the MVP who is not a bran Stan or not hamataro.

Therefor anyone who knows two shits about basketball know Steph Curry was the best player in the finals and most deserving of the FMVP.

Carry on.

HurricaneKid
09-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Copy pasting ortg's from realgm?

Yeah, you don't know basketball.

Thats not the problem. The problem is including data sets so small they are worthless then cherrypicking through them to show whatever it is you want them to show.

But its still a better argument than Bukakaii...

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2015, 01:38 PM

:roll: :roll:

https://i.imgur.com/sHt5q.jpg

thats not the same actually.. wrong usage of this meme

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Thats not the problem. The problem is including data sets so small they are worthless then cherrypicking through them to show whatever it is you want them to show.

But its still a better argument than Bukakaii...

Yes, that's what I was alluding too. I explained the other day on the Hakeem vs Duncan thread how extrapolating ortg's from minuscule sample sizes is completely inaccurate and meaningless.

Bukakaii is Budaddii who has been having an epic melt down ever since Steph Curry surpassed KD. Just ignore him.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 01:44 PM
:roll: :roll:

Yes, more insightful basketball knowledge from ISH's top ball mind, ArbetatraryWater.

Young X
09-25-2015, 01:53 PM
There was nothing wrong with Igoudala winning FMVP. He's one of if not the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league and he held Lebron to 33% shooting when matched up with him. His unexpected offense was just a bonus.

Curry was guarded well by Cleveland and played very much below his standards offensively (almost 5 TO's per game and only 6 dimes, 105 ORtg). Then on the other side of the court he obviously didn't have anywhere near the impact that Iggy did. Lebron was on the losing team and played poorly in the closing game.

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Yes, more insightful basketball knowledge from ISH's top ball mind, ArbetatraryWater.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11123/111233238/4740907-michael_scott_ewww.gif

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 02:07 PM
There was nothing wrong with Igoudala winning FMVP. He's one of if not the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league and he held Lebron to 33% shooting when matched up with him. His unexpected offense was just a bonus.

Curry was guarded well by Cleveland and played very much below his standards offensively (almost 5 TO's per game and only 6 dimes, 105 ORtg). Then on the other side of the court he obviously didn't have anywhere near the impact that Iggy did. Lebron was on the losing team and played poorly in the closing game.

Your problem here is that instead of watching the real game you are watching it through a stat sheet.

If you watched the game you would notice that Curry was receiving double team traps well beyond the 3 point line. Curry was able to still consistently pass out of these double teams to find a wide open Draymond Green or Andre Iguodala on the perimeter. Both of these guys shot poorly from the perimeter and hurt Currys assists. Iguodala and Dray lost confidence in their outside shot and started trying to make plays instead. These hockey assists from Steoh Curry do not show up in the box score but it doesn't change the fact that Curry was constantly defeating the "Anti-Curry" gameplan.

bukowski81
09-25-2015, 02:07 PM
This.

A lebron stan complaining how the media inflates a player sounds so dumb...

Vancouver-Grizz
09-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Curry kinda screwed himself with his crazy performances in the first 3 rounds. Everything looked so damn easy so even when he was doing good in the finals, it looked like he was struggling.

Should of been the FMVP over Iggy. Say what you want about Iggy's defense but you can stick Green on LeBron and he would be shooting that crappy percentage anyways. LeBron was shooting way too much to be efficient in FG%. Curry's offensive threat always pressured the Cavs defense which is one of the most important threat from him.

Lets not also forget Iggy was shooting FTs worse then D.Jordan/Shaq.... OUCH!!!!!

Sometimes the media voting is outta whack because they are looking for a story...

Legends66NBA7
09-25-2015, 02:16 PM

Not a big deal.

3ball
09-25-2015, 02:18 PM

The reason these stats don't work is because how many minutes per game did the Warriors have Iggy on the floor, and not Curry?.... Or any of the other weird combinations listed above?.. It couldn't be more than a few minutes per game..

If those stats are meaningful, then why have Curry on the floor at all?... Why not sit Curry on the bench the entire series since the stats show the Warriors' ORtg/DRtg differential was much higher with Iggy?

Obviously, those numbers mean nothing... The Warriors need Curry on the floor to be competitive - otoh, they can be competitive WITHOUT Iggy... :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 02:25 PM
The reason these stats don't work is because how many minutes per game did the Warriors have Iggy on the floor, and not Curry?.... Or any of the other weird combinations listed above?.. It couldn't be more than a few minutes per game..

If those stats are meaningful, then why have Curry on the floor at all?... Why not sit Curry on the bench the entire series since the stats show the Warriors' ORtg/DRtg differential was much higher with Iggy?

Obviously, those numbers mean nothing... The Warriors need Curry on the floor to be competitive - otoh, they can be competitive WITHOUT Iggy... :confusedshrug:

Yes it's being either stupid or dishonest or both when you don't list the playtime of the lineups.

If Iguodala has a 2 min stretch without Curry in the line up. You can't take that 2 minutes and multiply it by 24 and say that it would of happened over a 48 min stretch. That is just absurd and it really exposes stat nerds not only for lack of basketball knowledge but lack of common sense.

HurricaneKid
09-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Yes it's being either stupid or dishonest or both when you don't list the playtime of the lineups.

If Iguodala has a 2 min stretch without Curry in the line up. You can't take that 2 minutes and multiply it by 24 and say that it would of happened over a 48 min stretch. That is just absurd and it really exposes stat nerds not only for lack of basketball knowledge but lack of common sense.

When 3Ball, Warriorfan and I can all agree on something its time for everyone else to get on board. I don't think its ever happened on another basketball topic.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Your problem here is that instead of watching the real game you are watching it through a stat sheet.

If you watched the game you would notice that Curry was receiving double team traps well beyond the 3 point line. Curry was able to still consistently pass out of these double teams to find a wide open Draymond Green or Andre Iguodala on the perimeter. Both of these guys shot poorly from the perimeter and hurt Currys assists. Iguodala and Dray lost confidence in their outside shot and started trying to make plays instead. These hockey assists from Steoh Curry do not show up in the box score but it doesn't change the fact that Curry was constantly defeating the "Anti-Curry" gameplan.
No you're just making shit up. Iggy shot better from 3 and 2 for the series. And even though Steph was the main playmaker he had more turnovers and less assists than Iggy.

And you're retarded. People looking at the stat sheet would choose Curry. The only knock on Iggy is his low PPG and FT%.

Anyone that watched the series knows that GSW defense won it. Iggy was the leading defender. Idk if you're a fake Warriors fan or just stupid.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 02:57 PM
When 3Ball, Warriorfan and I can all agree on something its time for everyone else to get on board. I don't think its ever happened on another basketball topic.

:oldlol:

3ball
09-25-2015, 02:58 PM

This..

Curry played 43 mpg in the Finals... You can't take the 5 minutes he was on the bench, when the Cavs had their B team in there, and say that's how the rest of the game would've gone without Curry.. (Btw, those are generally the only times the star player goes to the bench - at the end of quarters when both teams are resting their best player and have their B teams out there).

If the ORtg/DRtg differential of Curry's 5 minute bench time was actually meaningful, then it would be correct to sit Curry on the bench the entire series... So obviously, those numbers mean nothing... The Warriors need Curry on the floor as the foundation of their offense to be competitive and contenders - otoh, they can be competitive and still contenders WITHOUT Iggy.

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-25-2015, 03:06 PM
This..

Curry played 43 mpg in the Finals... You can't take the 5 minutes he was on the bench, when the Cavs had their B team in there, and say that's how the rest of the game would've gone without Curry.. (Btw, those are generally the only times the star player goes to the bench - at the end of quarters when both teams are resting their best player and have their B teams out there).

If the ORtg/DRtg differential of Curry's 5 minute bench time was actually meaningful, then it would be correct to sit Curry on the bench the entire series... So obviously, those numbers mean nothing... The Warriors need Curry on the floor to be competitive - otoh, they can be competitive WITHOUT Iggy.

The argument about the ORtg/DRtg differentials is so dumb, like, I don't know what else to say.. Without Curry as the foundation of the Warriors' offense, the Warriors aren't COMPETITIVE - they don't win anywhere near 67 games and aren't contenders for a ring... Otoh, they still win 60+ and are contenders without bench player Iggy.

Net rating makes sense for a full season standpoint though.
that being said, net ratings in this type of situation are beyond stupid.

I mean, Look at people Like Davis for example. -26 offensively?

Curry is underrated as hell in this forum. its ridiculous. tbh, even warriorfan underrates him, if thats even possible.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 03:11 PM
This..

Curry played 43 mpg in the Finals... You can't take the 5 minutes he was on the bench,[b] when the Cavs had their B team in there[/, and say that's how the rest of the game would've gone without Curry.. (Btw, those are generally the only times the star player goes to the bench - at the end of quarters when both teams are resting their best player and have their B teams out there).

If the ORtg/DRtg differential of Curry's 5 minute bench time was actually meaningful, then it would be correct to sit Curry on the bench the entire series... So obviously, those numbers mean nothing... The Warriors need Curry on the floor to be competitive - otoh, they can be competitive WITHOUT Iggy.

The argument about the ORtg/DRtg differentials is so dumb, like, I don't know what else to say.. Without Curry as the foundation of the Warriors' offense, the Warriors aren't COMPETITIVE... They can still be competitive without Iggy.

Well said. I left out what was said in blue and it is very critical as well. That sample of no Curry with Iguodala is facing the B team. These guys are trying to say that a few minutes vs the B team is the same thing that would happen throughout the entire game vs the starting line up. That logic is embarrassing...

Look guys, this shit has been officially debunked. We don't ever want to see these cherry picked ortg's ever again. Leave that shit over for the stat nerds at reamgm. Over here we know real ball.

3ball
09-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Net rating makes sense for a full season standpoint though.

Not if the times Curry goes to the bench, the other team has their B team in there...

And that's what happens GENERALLY... When a star player goes to the bench, there's a much higher likelihood that the other team has their B team in there.

Of course, Curry only plays 32 mpg in RS... But still, the times he's on the bench, there's a higher likelihood that more bench players are on the floor for the opposing team - this inflates Curry's team's performance when he's on the bench - not that it matters - didn't Curry lead the league in RAPM?

And in the Finals, Curry played 43 mpg, so CLEARLY, the times he was on the bench was when the Cavs B team was in there - that's just good, standard coaching strategy.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Not if the times Curry goes to the bench, the other team has their B team in there...

And that's what happens GENERALLY... When a star player goes to the bench, there's a much higher likelihood that the other team has their B team in there.

Of course, Curry only plays 32 mpg in RS... But still, the times he's on the bench, there's a higher likelihood that more bench players are on the floor for the opposing team - this inflates Curry's team's performance when he's on the bench - not that it matters - didn't Curry lead the league in RAPM?

And in the Finals, Curry played 43 mpg, so CLEARLY, the times he was on the bench was when the Cavs B team was in there - that's just good, standard coaching strategy.

I don't know how this is going over their heads.

Unibrow we are going to make it very simple for you.

Results against the B team will not be the same as the results when going against starters.

Get it?

3ball
09-25-2015, 03:24 PM
I don't know how this is going over their heads.

Results against the B team will not be the same as the results when going against starters.

Get it?
It's hilarious the logic these guys use...

And the funny thing is that when we actually DO have a larger sample size - the regular season when Curry only played 32 mpg (so there's way more time when he's on the bench), Curry led the league in RAPM!!!!.... He had the BIGGEST impact of any player when we have a material sample size.

But in the Finals, when his minutes are upped to 43 mpg so he only has 5 minutes on the bench during the times when the opponent's B team is on the floor, Curry-haters want to use this time (the 5 minutes where the Warriors played against the B team) to gauge Curry's on-off impact?.. The logic couldn't be dumber.

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-25-2015, 03:59 PM

uhh dude, his on-off rating was spectacular.

I think Lebron had a higher PI RAPM.

But the thing about RAPM is that it accounts for lineups before hand (in terms of PI rapm, which is obviously the better one).

when it comes to extreme changes in player ability or coaching strategy, I like looking at NPI RAPM for certain players.

Sure enough, players like Curry, Davis, Asik, etc, are much better represented.

people try to attack curry by saying thing slike "oh, he doesent create like CP3"

the thing is, Curry creates opportunites for his team in a different way. his off-ball movement, his 3 point threat, etc, creates shots for his teammates the way that a perfect pick and roll from Nash does. the stats support this.

3ball
09-25-2015, 04:03 PM

Get it?

/thread

Curry was robbed... Iggy was gifted an award he didn't truly deserve.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 04:07 PM
The experts have spoken. Case closed.

HurricaneKid
09-25-2015, 04:16 PM
uhh dude, his on-off rating was spectacular.

I think Lebron had a higher PI RAPM.

But the thing about RAPM is that it accounts for lineups before hand (in terms of PI rapm, which is obviously the better one).

when it comes to extreme changes in player ability or coaching strategy, I like looking at NPI RAPM for certain players.

Sure enough, players like Curry, Davis, Asik, etc, are much better represented.

people try to attack curry by saying thing slike "oh, he doesent create like CP3"

the thing is, Curry creates opportunites for his team in a different way. his off-ball movement, his 3 point threat, etc, creates shots for his teammates the way that a perfect pick and roll from Nash does. the stats support this.

Curry is a complete anomoly. He is Kyle Korver (who has enormous impact on the geometry of the defense) but with handle too. I believe Draymond Green is a great defender but almost all of his offensive production comes when teams blitz the Curry/Green PnR and Dray is left with a 4 on 3. I'm confident I could have done damage in those situations. His shooting ability (seriously, just watch that NYK game on Youtube) forces defenses to abandon the areas of the floor they almost never do to contest 30 footers.

Shooting is still completely underrated. Its not just that the TS% is out of this world, its how much space they free up for others.

I really think the NBA is going to have to widen the court and move back the 3 pt line in the coming years. Its just too much of an advantage.

Naero
09-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Iggy had a great series, but his Finals MVP awardeeship is more a product of the media-touted phenomenons than it actually is over outperforming teammate Stephen Curry. Ever since the series-swinging Game 4

Young X
09-25-2015, 04:34 PM

If you watched the game you would notice that Curry was receiving double team traps well beyond the 3 point line. Curry was able to still consistently pass out of these double teams to find a wide open Draymond Green or Andre Iguodala on the perimeter. Both of these guys shot poorly from the perimeter and hurt Currys assists. Iguodala and Dray lost confidence in their outside shot and started trying to make plays instead. These hockey assists from Steoh Curry do not show up in the box score but it doesn't change the fact that Curry was constantly defeating the "Anti-Curry" gameplan.Not once in this post did you mention defense. I don't know why everybody ignores the defensive end of the court...that's the reason the Warriors won and Iggy was a far bigger reason for their success on that end than Curry. I'm not arguing that Curry didn't have more impact offensively than Igoudala, all I said was that he had a below average series which he did.

The attention Curry drew defnintely opened things up for him but you have to give Iggy credit for stepping up and giving them unexpected offense WHILE playing excellent defense on Lebron (Bron only shot 33% against him). There's no doubt he had a better 2 way impact. Nothing wrong with him winning FMVP unless you're a casual fan who thinks the highest scorer should always win it.

Vaniiiia
09-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Curry had one great sequence late in game 3 that boosted his raw numbers... in garbage time with no pressure and in a game they lost

Other than that, he was a complete non-factor. Iggy was hitting huge shots while keeping the Golden State morale high, making sure not to let Cleveland run with any sort of momentum.

And his defense, playmaking, leadership all trumps anything Curry was doing at the top of the key with a blank stare on his face like someone just robbed his car in the 711 parking lot. Curry was emasculated in the finals by a perennial third stringer from Australia..

That being said, Golden State won as a TEAM and there was no 1 guy that stuck out as most important. Which is why LeBron almost won on the losing team. :oldlol:

Golden State did it all year long with a precise team effort.. with no true superstar leader. I applaud them for winning a different way as opposed to the LeBron or Durant way of individual dominance. :applause:

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Not once in this post did you mention defense. I don't know why everybody ignores the defensive end of the court...that's the reason the Warriors won and Iggy was a far bigger reason for their success on that end than Curry. I'm not arguing that Curry didn't have more impact offensively than Igoudala, all I said was that he had a below average series which he did.

The attention Curry drew defnintely opened things up for him but you have to give Iggy credit for stepping up and giving them unexpected offense WHILE playing excellent defense on Lebron (Bron only shot 33% against him). There's no doubt he had a better 2 way impact. Nothing wrong with him winning FMVP unless you're a casual fan who thinks the highest scorer should always win it.
Thank you, this guy gets it.
Golden State's offense was average for the Finals overall. Their defense is what gave them the edge and helped them get better looks on offense.
When you take this into account and acknowledge that Iggy's defensive role and impact usurps Curry's so greatly it's completely logical that he won FMVP.

kamil
09-25-2015, 06:52 PM
The 2/6 record was even more impressive.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 06:53 PM
/thread

As always you're taking your cherry picked stats and mixing them in with hypotheticals and your personal opinion and claiming it as fact. Iggy deserves the FMVP. You and that other moron that knows nothing are the only 2 refuting it. You obviously have an agenda and as I said the other guy is a moron.
0/11 get over it.

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-25-2015, 06:53 PM
/thread

Jesus christ
IM SUPPORTING CURRY YOU ****ING BELLENDS

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 06:59 PM
/thread

Guys, I'm sorry but the case has already been closed. All of these points have been previously addressed in this thread. Rereading the thread will answer all other questions. Thank you.

-The Experts

sd3035
09-25-2015, 07:01 PM
This..

I think it's time for the NBA and media to stop ingratiating themselves with Lebald. It doesn't mean a guy played out of his mind if he looked good against Lebron, he's simply just a bad one on one player

DavisIsMyUniBro
09-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Guys, I'm sorry but the case has already been closed. All of these points have been previously addressed in this thread. Rereading the thread will answer all other questions. Thank you.

-The Experts

Im supporting curry you ****ing dumbass

3ball
09-25-2015, 07:24 PM
As always you're taking your cherry picked stats

I never cherry-pick stats - for example, when I showed that Lebron's teammates have lower (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385841) APG and assist % alongside Lebron, I showed the stats for ALL the years, and the difference was huge.

When I showed that Lebron's teams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385446) have very low assist frequency, I showed the assist frequency for ALL his teams... Nothing was cherry-picked - Lebron simply craters the assist capacity of his teams... period.

Iggy deserves the FMVP.

Except not one person has explained WHY iggy deserved the fmvp.

WHY did he deserve it fmvp?

Hey Yo
09-25-2015, 07:30 PM

Maybe ask these guys??

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/chrm1whusaagd-g.jpg

Curry ZERO votes

Naero
09-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Maybe ask these guys??

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/chrm1whusaagd-g.jpg

Curry ZERO votes

Yeah, let's ask the panel of "experts" who voted for Iggy mainly on the rationale for his defensive work on LeBron, while also deeming LeBron's performance as transcendent enough for him to anomalously have been voted for Finals MVP despite being on the losing team.

Does anyone else see the self-contradictory flaws with this voting panel and still find their opinions collectively credible? I'll leave it at that.

3ball
09-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Yeah, let's ask the panel of "experts" who voted for Iggy mainly on the rationale for his defensive work on LeBron, while also deeming LeBron's performance as transcendent enough for him to anomalously have been voted for Finals MVP despite being on the losing team.

Does anyone else see the self-contradictory flaws with this voting panel and still find their opinions collectively credible? I'll leave it at that.

Interesting - Iggy gets MVP because he did such a great job on Lebron, but Lebron gets half the votes too because he played so great...

I get it... Makes total sense... Those guys know what the **** they're talking about.. :facepalm .... Someone should apologize to Curry.

Hey Yo
09-25-2015, 08:00 PM

It was for his scoring also.

First 3 games Bogut started, he played approx. 70mins and scored 10pts. Then was benched for games 4,5,6 (played less than 3mins in game 4, no points)

Iggy inserted into the starting line-up for games 4,5,6. He played approx. 115mins. scored 61 points on 46FGA.

Games 1,2,3 coming off the bench he played approx. 105min, scored 25pts on 25FGA.

Him being inserted into the starting line-up while getting more involved on offense (on top of his defense) is what clearly propelled GS over the top. They looked like a different team with Bogut getting benched in favor of Iggy.

Hey Yo
09-25-2015, 08:02 PM
There's your answer, 3nut

3ball
09-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Iggy being inserted into the starting line-up while getting more involved on offense (on top of his defense) is what clearly propelled GS over the top.

Just because a player helped a team get over a hump, that doesn't mean he was MORE VALUABLE than Curry..

Mosgov got Cleveland over the hump during the RS... Does that make Mosgov more valuable than Lebron?

Curry is still by far the most valuable player on that team and he should've been respected as such.. But oh no, the media had to kiss Lebron's ass, because they know nothing about the game.

Hey Yo
09-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Just because a player helped a team get over a hump, that doesn't mean he was MORE VALUABLE than Curry..

Mosgov got Cleveland over the hump during the RS... Does that make Mosgov more valuable than Lebron?

Curry is still by far the most valuable player on that team and he should've been respected as such.. But oh no, the media had to kiss Lebron's ass, because they know nothing about the game.
GS 1-2 the first 3 games w/o Iggy in the starting line-up

GS 3-0 the next 3 games and wins the title WITH Iggy in the starting line.

My explanation in my previous post are the irrefutable FACTS as to why he won

/thread

https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/98e06e0441b90352403c6941328f8515/2207%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20shane_mcmahon%20stone_cold _steve_austin%20stunner%20wwf.gif

knicksman
09-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Do people here realize how hard it is to take over a game when it matters? Even the supposed megastar couldnt do it thats why he has to stack the deck in his favor. And that what wins games. Curry is capable while bran cant thus 2/6 and 1/1

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 08:34 PM
GS 1-2 the first 3 games w/o Iggy in the starting line-up

GS 3-0 the next 3 games and wins the title WITH Iggy in the starting line.

My explanation in my previous post are the irrefutable FACTS as to why he won

/thread

https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/98e06e0441b90352403c6941328f8515/2207%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20shane_mcmahon%20stone_cold _steve_austin%20stunner%20wwf.gif

You are making the same mistake as the clueless voters from Bleacher Report.

It wasn't the addition of Iguodala that changed the series, it was the subtraction of Bogut.

Iguodala didn't do anything that wasn't done to LeBron all playoffs already.

It was Steph Curry's masterful dissection of double teams which won the series for Golden State.

knicksman
09-25-2015, 08:37 PM
So people here still takes these statnerds opinion seriously. Even after their supposed to be goat became 2/6. Lol

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 08:47 PM
I never cherry-pick stats - for example, when I showed that Lebron's teammates have lower (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385841) APG and assist % alongside Lebron, I showed the stats for ALL the years, and the difference was huge.

When I showed that Lebron's teams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385446) have very low assist frequency, I showed the assist frequency for ALL his teams... Nothing was cherry-picked - Lebron simply craters the assist capacity of his teams... period.

You cherry pick stats that fit your agenda and dismiss those that don't.

I've already explained it. The Warriors defense won the series, not their offense.
Iggy is the leader of their defense while Curry is the weakest link on defense. The Warriors play better team defense when Curry is sitting.

And even offensively, Curry was nothing special. You keep mentioning how Curry was doubled and de all the plays, but he had more turnovers and less assists than Iggy. And the team did completely fine even when Curry sat. Iggy was far more consistent and effecient as well.

And your "B squad" excuse is completely fabricated and bullshit.
Iggy was more impactful.

0/11.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 09:18 PM
You cherry pick stats that fit your agenda and dismiss those that don't.

I've already explained it. The Warriors defense won the series, not their offense.
Iggy is the leader of their defense while Curry is the weakest link on defense. The Warriors play better team defense when Curry is sitting.

And even offensively, Curry was nothing special. You keep mentioning how Curry was doubled and de all the plays, but he had more turnovers and less assists than Iggy. And the team did completely fine even when Curry sat. Iggy was far more consistent and effecient as well.

And your "B squad" excuse is completely fabricated and bullshit.
Iggy was more impactful.

0/11.

You didn't watch the series and you don't know ball. You are just having a meltdown at this point.

You keep bringing over turnovers and assists when you fail to realize that Iguodala's assists came spoon fed from Curry's double teams. Every time Iguodala received the ball there was not a defender within 10 feet of him because of the half court trap of Curry.

The fact that you can't see that all of Iguodala's production was a direct result of Curry shows how little you understand about basketball.

90sgoat
09-25-2015, 09:24 PM

Curry didn't play well in one of the worst finals I've ever seen, but he did close games in the 4th and without Curry they don't stand a chance. The real dud was max player Klay Thompson who put up a OKC Harden performance.

But yeah, they basically gave the MVP to Iggy so save Lebron's reputation. It had to be that Lebron was guarded by this great MVP player and not that he just couldn't get it done. Anything to keep the narrative alive.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 09:27 PM
You didn't watch the series and you don't know ball. You are just having a meltdown at this point.

You keep bringing over turnovers and assists when you fail to realize that Iguodala's assists came spoon fed from Curry's double teams. Every time Iguodala received the ball there was not a defender within 10 feet of him because of the half court trap of Curry.

The fact that you can't see that all of Iguodala's production was a direct result of Curry shows how little you understand about basketball.
Meltdown. 0/11. Iggy's impact>Curry's

AnaheimLakers24
09-25-2015, 09:34 PM

:applause:

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Meltdown. 0/11. Iggy's impact>Curry's

You have a lot of learning to do my friend. You should really start bookmarking 3ball and I's threads. Keep your reading up and eventually you will start to "get it".

Blue&Orange
09-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Apparently mirrors don't work with you.

Remember when i said i owned you soul, because i owned you so many times and so badly, basically in every single interaction between us.

It's adorable to see you follow me like a lost puppy desperately trying to get a win.

ShaqTwizzle
09-25-2015, 09:44 PM
Does it really matter if he won the FMVP or not?
Are we going to ignore how great his playoff run was because of that?

Prior to the Finals he averaged 29.2 / 6.4-apg on 62%TS
That is just awesome.

Even in the Finals he wasn't bad outside of G2.

G1 : 26 / 8ast on 60%TS
-----
G3-G6 : 28 / 6.3-apg on 65%TS

So yeah he was pretty awesome outside of that horrid G2.
Lebron might have had the better h2h series but Curry clearly had the better playoff run on the whole and the best playoff run of 2015.

How many players even in an All-Time sense could have replaced Curry let alone put up those kind of numbers you see above?
Not many...

dhsilv
09-25-2015, 09:51 PM

You know, I was going to post about how gravity matters and how Curry had enough of is where it matters, but to be honest. I'm not sure it was actually true in that series. I still get pissed off over Parker getting the finals mvp from a historical stand point because well duncan was drawing an absurd amount of attention just touching the ball. Curry however, I have to say I might need to rewatch but the defense wasn't slacking on him, at all, but I didn't see him sifting the defense like he has done in the regular season.

That said I saw Tyron Lue D up Iverson for a series...players have magical playoffs in basketball and that's what we watch. I see no reason to take anything from curry as long as it doesn't happen over and over again. For now he was the best regular season guy and delly just had a magical 2 games.

Bankaii
09-25-2015, 10:15 PM
You know, I was going to post about how gravity matters and how Curry had enough of is where it matters, but to be honest. I'm not sure it was actually true in that series. I still get pissed off over Parker getting the finals mvp from a historical stand point because well duncan was drawing an absurd amount of attention just touching the ball. Curry however, I have to say I might need to rewatch but the defense wasn't slacking on him, at all, but I didn't see him sifting the defense like he has done in the regular season.

That said I saw Tyron Lue D up Iverson for a series...players have magical playoffs in basketball and that's what we watch. I see no reason to take anything from curry as long as it doesn't happen over and over again. For now he was the best regular season guy and delly just had a magical 2 games.
That's the thing, I'm not dissing Curry at all. He's one of my top 5 favorite players in the league. My problem is with the idiots trying the change the history of a series that happened a few months ago.

As I said, Curry was the focal point on offense but because of their system GSW isn't dependent on one guy which is why the team played and moved the ball well even with him getting doubled.

My main point is the fact that Golden State won because of their defense. Iggy is their best defender, Curry is one of their worst defenders in the rotation. By this logic, it's asinine to say Iggy's impact wasn't at least equal to Curry's.

If Delly dropped 20 on him imagine what healthy Kyrie would do:biggums:

ShaqTwizzle
09-25-2015, 10:31 PM
but because of their system GSW isn't dependent on one guy which is why the team played and moved the ball well even with him getting doubled.

I think you might be understating how important Curry was for that teams offense.
When he got cold during that series (G2 & G3) GStates entire offense looked pretty bad and failed to even reach 100pts.

Keep in mind guys like Klay & Green major offensive contributors for GS outside of Curry really struggled in that series.

Klay : 15.8ppg on 51%TS
Green : 13ppg on 50%TS

My main point is the fact that Golden State won because of their defense.

Or maybe Cleveland got their two wins because of THEIR defense (or because of Delladova).
They held GS below 100pts in both of their wins.
GS scored over 100 in all 4 of their wins.

warriorfan
09-25-2015, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Naero]Iggy had a great series, but his Finals MVP awardeeship is more a product of the media-touted phenomenons than it actually is over outperforming teammate Stephen Curry. Ever since the series-swinging Game 4

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-25-2015, 10:33 PM
Curry should have been FMVP.

Anybody that seriously thinks Iguodala was FMVP, the guy holding LeBron to basically the same numbers he had all postseason, is on some bullsh*t. :oldlol: Steph averaged ~ 26/6/5 and in all but one game, went ham in those second halves. Watch the series again. Dude was hitting clutch 3's and momentum, back-breaking daggers.

Not sure which game it was exactly (definitely in Cleveland), but starting the 4th quarter, in a 2 point game, Curry catches fire in a matter of seconds, and the game turns into a blowout.

Impact? You're looking at it. Dude was the best player in that series, in my opinion.

WorldWarriors
09-25-2015, 11:07 PM
Curry probably should have won but a case can be made for Iggy. I would have been happy either way tbh. Warriors won. That's all I really care about.

tpols
09-25-2015, 11:24 PM
My main point is the fact that Golden State won because of their defense. Iggy is their best defender, Curry is one of their worst defenders in the rotation. By this logic, it's asinine to say Iggy's impact wasn't at least equal to Curry's.

your logic is fking retarded..

Iggy was maybe ~20-25% of their defense in that series by stopping Lebron... he sucked shooting all playoffs long anyway

Curry was 40+% of warriors offense with klay shitting himself and draymond completely choking. If not for him attracting the defensive gameplan he did, warriors would have had literally nothing on offense.

Bankaii
09-26-2015, 01:31 AM

Iggy was maybe ~20-25% of their defense in that series by stopping Lebron... he sucked shooting all playoffs long anyway

Curry was 40+% of warriors offense with klay shitting himself and draymond completely choking. If not for him attracting the defensive gameplan he did, warriors would have had literally nothing on offense.
Calls my logic retarded..,
Says Curry represents 40% of a teams offense.
Ok buddy, you're right.

Bankaii
09-26-2015, 01:34 AM

I was gonna just leave a troll response because your post lacked intelligence but this stuck out.

You're talking out of your ass. Although the sample size is small GSW offense got no worse with Curry sitting. Their defense got better tho. Now stop posting bud.

3ball
09-26-2015, 01:37 AM
Although the sample size is small GSW offense got no worse with Curry sitting.

Only a fool thinks the Warriors offense is the same without Curry and only a fool would cite data from miniscule sample size to back that up

3ball
09-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Also, we've already debunked the stats showing the Warriors had better DRtg during the 5 minutes that Curry wasn't on the floor:

Curry went to the bench when the Cavs had their B team in there - this is a fact and it's standard coaching strategy and common sense... Obviously, the Warriors defense will be better against the Cavs' B team.

warriorfan
09-26-2015, 01:47 AM
You're talking out of your ass. Although the sample size is small GSW offense got no worse with Curry sitting. Their defense got better tho. Now stop posting bud.

3ball
09-26-2015, 01:59 AM

^^^ This.. If the stats from those 2 minutes were truly meaningful, then the correct strategy would be to bench Curry... That's a fact - if those numbers are valid, then Curry should be benched.

So obviously, there's something the math nerds are missing in their analysis and those numbers don't mean anything.. The reality is that the Warriors need Curry on the floor to be contenders - otoh, they're still contenders WITHOUT Iggy.

http://media.giphy.com/media/qaFduOMYKkmwE/giphy.gif

KevinNYC
09-26-2015, 02:01 AM
Curry first player to win the title as RegSeason MVP and not win FinalsMVP

Except for these 30 years

YEAR................FMVP.................MVP
2014-15 Andre Iguodala Stephen Curry
2013-14 Kawhi Leonard Kevin Durant
2010-11 Dirk Nowitzki Derrick Rose
2009-10 Kobe Bryant LeBron James
2008-09 Kobe Bryant LeBron James
2007-08 Paul Pierce Kobe Bryant
2006-07 Tony Parker Dirk Nowitzki
2005-06 Dwyane Wade Steve Nash
2004-05 Tim Duncan Steve Nash
2003-04 Chauncey Billups Kevin Garnett
2001-02 Shaquille O'Neal Tim Duncan
2000-01 Shaquille O'Neal Allen Iverson
1998-99 Tim Duncan Karl Malone
1997-98 Michael Jordan Michael Jordan
1996-97 Michael Jordan Karl Malone
1994-95 Hakeem Olajuwon David Robinson
1989-90 Isiah Thomas Magic Johnson
1988-89 Joe Dumars Magic Johnson
1987-88 James Worthy Michael Jordan
1984-85 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Larry Bird
1981-82 Magic Johnson Moses Malone
1980-81 Cedric Maxwell Julius Erving
1979-80 Magic Johnson Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
1978-79 Dennis Johnson Moses Malone
1977-78 Wes Unseld Bill Walton
1976-77 Bill Walton Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
1975-76 Jo Jo White Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
1974-75 Rick Barry Bob McAdoo
1973-74 John Havlicek Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
1972-73 Willis Reed Dave Cowens
1971-72 Wilt Chamberlain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
1968-69 Jerry West* Wes Unseld

Bankaii
09-26-2015, 02:10 AM
Also, we've already debunked the stats showing the Warriors had better DRtg during the 5 minutes that Curry wasn't on the floor:

Curry went to the bench when the Cavs had their B team in there - this is a fact and it's standard coaching strategy and common sense... Obviously, the Warriors defense will be better against the Cavs' B team.
This is the last time I respond to your bullshit post.

You didn't debunk shit. Until you post data/video showing that every time Curru sat the "B team" was out your talking out your ass.

The Cavs didn't have a B team, because it became their A team.

I don't need stats to prove Curry is one of the worst defenders in the Warriors rotation, anyone that watches the game knows this. It's quite obvious if the weakest link on defense sits, the defense will get better.

For once quit jerking to MJ gifs and actually go out and hoop. It helps to actually know how to play basketball before talking about it. Now stfu and go back to slurping that other dumbass that doesn't know basketball.

warriorfan
09-26-2015, 02:12 AM

This.. If the stats from those 2 minutes were truly meaningful, then the correct strategy would be to bench Curry... That's a fact - if those numbers are valid, then Curry should be benched.

So obviously, there's something the math nerds are missing in their analysis and those numbers don't mean anything.. The reality is that the Warriors need Curry on the floor to be contenders - otoh, they're still contenders WITHOUT Iggy.

Damn

Well said

houston
09-26-2015, 03:31 AM
People talk about Curry bad game 2 yet don't mention Iggy 7 point game 2 lolol

FKAri
09-26-2015, 03:31 AM

When agendas line up it really is something.

btw I also think Cury deserved FMVP but its not surprising when two bron haters agree on something.

StephHamann
09-26-2015, 05:56 AM

:facepalm

Inferno
09-26-2015, 06:52 AM
All I got from this was that the Warriors won the 2015 championship :applause: :lol

SamuraiSWISH
09-26-2015, 10:15 AM
Those two games where he got his shit pushed in was the reason why he didn't win finals mvp. Those games are the reason why the cavs had a opportunity to win. Watch the games boys. No box score watching. It was like harden vs the Warriors.

ralph_i_el
09-26-2015, 10:28 AM
That's the thing, I'm not dissing Curry at all. He's one of my top 5 favorite players in the league. My problem is with the idiots trying the change the history of a series that happened a few months ago.

As I said, Curry was the focal point on offense but because of their system GSW isn't dependent on one guy which is why the team played and moved the ball well even with him getting doubled.

If Delly dropped 20 on him imagine what healthy Kyrie would do:biggums:

You're missing the point. GS offense isn't dependent on one guy HOLDING the ball, but they are definitely dependent on one guy (Curry) drawing the defense everywhere he goes. When Derrick Rose is far off the ball, teams don't still sag his way, and defenders aren't really worries until he catches it. Curry gets clean looks for his teammates without even touching the ball, because of the threat of his shot.

I remember Iggy catching the ball at the three point line with no one near him on many occasions, and bring able to shoot a wide open J or attack a closeout. That doesn't happen without Curry.

Rocketswin2013
09-26-2015, 10:39 AM
One thing I've noticed that gets ignored is the fact that Thompson got the exact exact same doubles and traps a curry did.

People act like Curry was getting this unprecedented amount of attention. Thompson gave them the same floor spacing and gravity. He's just not as good of a shot creator so his stats took a bigger hit than Curry's.

chips93
09-26-2015, 10:57 AM
You're missing the point. GS offense isn't dependent on one guy HOLDING the ball, but they are definitely dependent on one guy (Curry) drawing the defense everywhere he goes. When Derrick Rose is far off the ball, teams don't still sag his way, and defenders aren't really worries until he catches it. Curry gets clean looks for his teammates without even touching the ball, because of the threat of his shot.

I remember Iggy catching the ball at the three point line with no one near him on many occasions, and bring able to shoot a wide open J or attack a closeout. That doesn't happen without Curry.

this

early in the series, the cavs forced the ball out of curry's hands, the guy guarding klay stuck to him like glue, and the cavs forced iggy, barnes, green, and bogut to make plays. and for stretches those guys didnt step up.

aside from that game 2 where he couldnt hit a shot, curry was making the smart play and passing out of the double teams. his teammates just werent capitalizing. then those guys started making shots, and playing better, curry started racking up assists.

then the cavs switched more, and doubled less, and curry proceeded to light them up.

curry played very well imo, it just so happens that the smart plays he was making were often hockey assists, and plays that didnt show up in the boxscore.

One thing I've noticed that gets ignored is the fact that Thompson got the exact exact same doubles and traps a curry did.

People act like Curry was getting this unprecedented amount of attention. Thompson gave them the same floor spacing and gravity. He's just not as good of a shot creator so his stats took a bigger hit than Curry's.

thompson doesnt handle the ball nearly as much as curry

theres no way he got as much attention as curry

there wasnt really any need to double klay, all the cavs had to do was just never rotate off of him. other guys were left open instead of klay. he didnt get many easy shots, he only got going when he was coming open off of screens, which wasnt very often.

BuffaloBill
09-26-2015, 11:18 AM

cringe

Wade's Rings
09-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Iggy deserved Finals MVP not Curry.

Why does everybody keep saying Curry got trapped and doubled the whole series? He was facing single coverage in Games 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

catch24
09-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Curry got snubbed IMO. Best player on the Warriors, and arguably in the series

Read the thread title again, man... lol

SamuraiSWISH
09-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Not once in this post did you mention defense. I don't know why everybody ignores the defensive end of the court...that's the reason the Warriors won and Iggy was a far bigger reason for their success on that end than Curry. I'm not arguing that Curry didn't have more impact offensively than Igoudala, all I said was that he had a below average series which he did.

And this ...

Rocketswin2013
09-26-2015, 01:40 PM
thompson doesnt handle the ball nearly as much as curry

theres no way he got as much attention as curry

there wasnt really any need to double klay, all the cavs had to do was just never rotate off of him. other guys were left open instead of klay. he didnt get many easy shots, he only got going when he was coming open off of screens, which wasnt very often.
So you're telling me, when Green or anyone else drove it towards the rim and had a wide open lane, they didn't leave Thompson and ceded an easy shot?

What is that called?

Bankaii
09-26-2015, 02:25 PM

You either don't watch GSW or are trying to change what happened, because that's completely false.

When Curry sat, although the the sample size is small, GSW offense ran just fine. It wasn't as smooth because Curry is the main guy but Iggy and Draymon were still playmakers within the system. If they were dependent on him, time he sat their offense would crater, that didn't happen, at all.

You're D Rose comparison is just dumb. Obviously people fear Curry on the perimeter more than him, that's quite obvious. All you're saying is Curry is being face guarded. Ray Allen, Kyle Korver, and Dirant have also had this happen because of their shooting ability. Are their offenses dependent on them too?

And people sag off of Iggy because they don't respect him. Why do they the same to Rondo, Rubio, Josh Smith, and even Lebron? Curry isn't on their team. It's the back off defense because they're more afraid of his slashing than his shot. Curry got him open shots, but don't act like that's the only reason he scored.

But why can't anyone refute my point on defensive impact? Accepting that it's true?

Bankaii
09-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Iggy deserved Finals MVP not Curry.

Why does everybody keep saying Curry got trapped and doubled the whole series? He was facing single coverage in Games 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
People trying the change the history of a series that happened literally months ago.

Curry saw single coverage by Shump, Delly, Tristan, and even Bron on most P&R switches. Idiots acting like he's peak Shaq drawing triple teams.:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
09-26-2015, 02:31 PM

Learn to read dumbass. The title CLEARLY states first player to win title as MVP to not win Finals MVP :facepalm

warriorfan
09-26-2015, 02:47 PM

And this ...

That last line was the icing on the cake :roll:

warriorfan
09-26-2015, 02:49 PM
People trying the change the history of a series that happened literally months ago.

Curry saw single coverage by Shump, Delly, Tristan, and even Bron on most P&R switches. Idiots acting like he's peak Shaq drawing triple teams.:oldlol:

When did Shaq create double teams from 30+ feet away from the hoop?

warriorfan
09-26-2015, 02:50 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Legends66NBA7
09-26-2015, 02:53 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

:coleman:

Wade's Rings
09-26-2015, 08:44 PM

So you can't disprove what anybody wrote :oldlol:

Fudge
09-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Zero votes.

warriorfan
09-26-2015, 09:04 PM

So you can't disprove what anybody wrote :oldlol:

What are you talking about? Curry saw traps on the majority of the possessions throughout the entire series. Anyone who watched the game and is not trolling knows this...

chips93
09-26-2015, 10:05 PM
So you're telling me, when Green or anyone else drove it towards the rim and had a wide open lane, they didn't leave Thompson and ceded an easy shot?

What is that called?

thompson's man would stick to him, but currys man would stick to him, but he drew the second defender as well, the guy guarding the pick and roll.

thompson was drawing one defender, while curry was drawing two.