PDA

View Full Version : Clippers are stacked this year. No excuses for them at all

Cocaine80s
09-28-2015, 01:34 AM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/11856769_1492752607686171_701039710_n.jpg

Plus Cp3, Blake, DJ, Crawford, Redick :biggums: :biggums:

inclinerator
09-28-2015, 01:49 AM
cp3 will lead them to the finals, idk if he will have enough to defeat lerbron tho

Naero
09-28-2015, 02:18 AM
Many have reputed the Clippers as underachievers due to their inability to advance past the second round; I'm not one of them.

Considering the fact that they've accomplished it with only one wholly two-way superstar, one-way All-Stars in DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin, an overrated supporting cast, and no dependable X-factor, I'd say the Clippers have made respectable outings. It is easy for their fans to be insatiable without more after years of first- and second-round exits; but considering the historically ultra-stacked Western Conference, I'd opine that making the Western Conference—even for a third-seeded team—is closer to overachieving than it is to a predictive standard.

Yes, it was disgraceful that they squandered a 3-1 lead against the Rockets, but you also need to totalize that perspective and contextualize the fact that they overachieved to even land there. The Rockets have been (so far) slow to make defensive adjustments in a series with Kevin McHale at the helm, and the Clippers would've have been the first team to let them climb back out of a 1-3 deficit had it not been for Damian Lillard's landmark series-winning three-pointer last season.

Now that they actually have a respectable bench—and hopefully a veteran mediator in Chuck Hayes to keep the locker-room drama with Lance Stephenson in check—there are indeed no excuses for them not to make a deep playoff run—which I would define as the conference finals at least.

FreezingTsmoove
09-28-2015, 02:23 AM
3 olympians on the same team and they might not even make the WCF

LoneyROY7
09-28-2015, 02:29 AM
No excuses needed. We got this.

Gileraracer
09-28-2015, 02:30 AM
cp3 will lead them to the finals, idk if he will have enough to defeat lerbron tho

LeBron would defeat himself.

Next finals mvp: Dahntay Jones :lol

G-train
09-28-2015, 02:39 AM
There was no excuses last season and they had a mental break down.

They had a team 3-1, with arguably 2 top 10 NBA players, basically the DPOY, and solid support in Redick, Crawford, Barnes.

G-train
09-28-2015, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=Naero]Many have reputed the Clippers as underachievers due to their inability to advance past the second round; I'm not one of them.

Considering the fact that they've accomplished it with only one wholly two-way superstar, one-way All-Stars in DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin, an overrated supporting cast, and no dependable X-factor, I'd say the Clippers have made respectable outings. It is easy for their fans to be insatiable without more after years of first- and second-round exits; but considering the historically ultra-stacked Western Conference, I'd opine that making the Western Conference

dhsilv
09-28-2015, 03:27 AM
There was no excuses last season and they had a mental break down.

They had a team 3-1, with arguably 2 top 10 NBA players, basically the DPOY, and solid support in Redick, Crawford, Barnes.

Last year was a total meltdown and a huge knock on chris paul for his claim of greatest point guard of all time. That said perhaps that spurs series took a lot more out of them than we realized?

BTW I also 100% believe doc is the most overrated coach ever. I honestly think he's awful as a coach, but for some reason he's been placed in the upper half of coaches...

Young X
09-28-2015, 03:57 AM
How did the Clippers underachieve last season when everybody and their mother had them losing in the 1st round to the Spurs? Nobody thought they would get past the Spurs. They were the 3rd seed won 56 games and lost to the 2nd seed who won 56 games without homecourt...was the way they ended their season disappointing? Yes, it was extremely disappointing but it wasn't some huge underachievement like people are saying. They went under the radar for the entire season, nobody had them in the WCF going into the playoffs.

bdreason
09-28-2015, 04:15 AM
There were no excuses last year. I'm still trying to figure out how they choked so hard to the Rockets.

Spurs m8
09-28-2015, 04:48 AM
So you don't think they underachieved, yet losing in 2nd round last season was a disgrace?

Bloke was too busy trying to sound smart tbh

Clifton
09-28-2015, 09:58 AM
I hear what others are saying about not blaming the Clippers, they've mostly done well in the post season, etc. etc. You have a point.

But they really need to break through. This is ridiculous. No excuse for losing to the Rockets last year. That was really bad, and it's starting to become a trend. Even if they shouldn't, they're going to start to think of themselves as losers if they fail to make the Finals again.

And the West is still stacked. Will have to deal with OKC as well. But no team out West is clearly better than the Clippers; they're very close together up at the top: San Antonio, Golden State, Clippers; also maybe Rockets and OKC. Any of these 5 teams could make it out of the West and it wouldn't be a surprise. But the Clippers need to do this. Maybe if they honestly lose in the conference Finals because the Warriors or Spurs simply out-play and out-shoot them, fine. But they have to go out strong.

Dr Hawk
09-28-2015, 11:09 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Pretenders_album.jpg

senelcoolidge
09-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Top 3 team in the West. This should be their year. They have a bench which they didn't have last year. Plus they need to be healthy, they had health problems during the season. Their team is deep enough that they can rest guys without too much drop in production. Blake should continue to show his ever improving game. Knuckleheads like Smith and Lance should be more stable being around a tight nit group like the Clippers.

Bankaii
09-28-2015, 12:12 PM
LeBron would defeat himself.

Next finals mvp: Dahntay Jones :lol
He isn't even on the Clippers roster. He plays for the Nets now dumbass.
You're a bigger failure than your dad's pull out game.

CeltsGarlic
09-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Nice unis!

Bosnian Sajo
09-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Still weird to think Paul Pierce is playing for an LA team, defies all logic :lol

Surprised Josh Smith left the rockets after they made a nice run last season, Clips are gonna be awesome though. Still upset they gave up a 3-1 lead, do you guys realize how epic of a series GSW vs LA would of been in the conf finals? What a let down.

What's up with big baby, doe? Hope he's on the roster, dude is a team player and brings great energy.

artificial
09-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Just to see more clearly how stacked they are, below what I assume is the projected lineup:

PG: CP3, Crawford, Rivers, Prigioni
SG: Reddick, Stephenson
SF: Pierce, Wesley Johnson
PF: Griffin, JSmoove
C: DJ, Aldrich

*Starters bolded

Actually, I agree that's a very good roster. I wouldn't give them the nod to win it all though. I personally have the Warriors, Thunder and probably the Spurs over them in the West. Unless CP3 is miraculously playing like the MVP runner up he once was (won't happen) or Griffin somehow steps up and plays like an MVP (I'm a fan, but I'd say unlikely).

The other thing that I'd be worried about is big men depth. Aldrich and inconsistent Smith the only backups? Where's big baby? Griffin and DJ better stay healthy all year...

*Edit: damn, I just realized they let go Ekpe Udoh and Spencer Hawes too, both better than Aldrich imo. Could've sacrificed one of those guards (Prigioni?) for another big (Udoh?).

Heavincent
09-28-2015, 02:02 PM
CP3 doesn't have enough help.

L8krH8tr
09-28-2015, 06:59 PM
im on the bandwagon