09-28-2015, 06:45 PM
GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP)

outbreak
09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Melo just wants to stick around long enough to ride kristaps coat tails

poido123
09-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Melo has no desire to reach high and set a goal :facepalm

It's speaks volumes in taking the money and not going to Chicago. When you're super rich like that, money shouldn't be the deciding factor when deciding your future.

sd3035
09-28-2015, 07:11 PM
nobody else does either

red1
09-28-2015, 07:40 PM

It's speaks volumes in taking the money and not going to Chicago. When you're super rich like that, money shouldn't be the deciding factor when deciding your future.
why? so he could watch the team get ass****ed by cleveland every year? I would take the money

kennethgriffin
09-28-2015, 07:43 PM
at some point we have to give the guy a break.... i mean ... he plays for the knicks

Akrazotile
09-28-2015, 07:47 PM

The thing is, Melo isnt an elite player, and hes still in his earnings prime right now. Going to Chicago and getting less touches, less spotlight, less money, and no guarantee of actually even getting past Lebron, just isnt what appealed to him. I cant hold it against him for bein practical. Hes not a top tier player with some all-time legacy on the line. Why uproot himself and get paid less just to win 20 more regular season games and get booted in the conference finals a bunch of times?

Like I guarantee you Steve Nash wouldnt trade in his time as an MVP candidate, first option, max player to go be a role player for a championship team. Sure, at the end of his career that has appeal, but not at 31.

Ultimately this is a career for these guys, not a hobby. I respect the passion of those who do sacrifice financially to be part of a winner, but everyones situation is different.

dubeta
09-28-2015, 08:45 PM
why? so he could watch the team get ass****ed by cleveland every year? I would take the money

Damn, ether :oldlol: :roll:

poido123
09-28-2015, 09:18 PM

Why would he be watching? He's a player, he'd be playing.

Take this L

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-28-2015, 09:36 PM
At this time? I thought those were his views for a decade now:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Coach Eddie
09-29-2015, 12:24 AM
He needs to start making expectations. It is the only way to get the Knicks out of their slump.

Rocketswin2013
09-29-2015, 12:32 AM
Melo just wants to stick around long enough to ride kristaps coat tails
This.

k0kakw0rld
09-29-2015, 10:41 AM
at some point we have to give the guy a break.... i mean ... he plays for the knicks
Could've been in the finals with Bulls last year but chose money over Trophies.

GoatBoy
09-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Let's not kid ourselves... A Bulls team with Melo at SF is beating Cleveland in 6

ISHGoat
09-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Could've been in the finals with Bulls last year but chose money over Trophies.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The only way the Bulls make the finals anytime in the near future is if Lebron dies or takes his talents to the Western Conference. In fact, Lebron's team is the only team making the finals in the East for the next five years. Book it.

Hey Yo
09-29-2015, 11:04 AM
Would have been hard for Melo to be in the Finals last year with Chicago (or any other team) after having season ending knee surgery in Feb.

SwishSquared
09-29-2015, 11:31 AM

It's speaks volumes in taking the money and not going to Chicago. When you're super rich like that, money shouldn't be the deciding factor when deciding your future.It was a $50M difference. You take that money in almost any situation and figure out how to win later.

If Phil Jackson would have done a S&T, then it would have closer to a $30M difference in guaranteed money and an opt-out after 3 seasons (when cap will be like $108M). Phil imo is more to blame for Melo staying a Knick, especially after PJax threw some shade his way in the media and then allowed Melo to basically dictate the terms of a 5-year deal. Knicks likely could have netted rights to Mirotic, both those 2014 first rounders, and properly tanked this past season to have a great shot at #1 pick.

dunksby
09-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Not everyone can win it all, and not everybody gets paid like him.

Duderonomy
09-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Knicks should ship him to Atlanta, Chicago, or Boston. :confusedshrug:

Kobe_6/8
09-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Typical Cuckmelo.

SwayDizzle
09-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Melo needs to play with someone like Kobe. Someone with a winning mentality that will whoop his ass into shape. Melo is very similar to Shaq in this regard.