PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: The Mavericks will finish with the worst record in the West

G-train
09-28-2015, 09:55 PM
This is my big prediction for 15/16.

I believe this will happen mostly due to injury and poor depth, combined with improvement of other teams.

- Deron is injury prone and pretty cooked anyway
- Wes out til at least Xmas, and won't be himself all year
- Dirk flagged to play 26 mpg
- Parson's has had hybrid microfracture surgery
- Other than Dirk, their big men are Charlie V, Zaza, McGee, Dalembert
- Other key bench guys are Harris, Barea, Felton, Evans...

This team is up poop creek without a paddle.

They will get to keep the top 7 protected pick owed to the Celtics at least.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Its possible..........Are there really any bad teams in the West besides the Blazers tho?
Mavs still easily make playoffs in the East

West is stacked.

SA, OKC, GS, LAC all title contenders. Then u got Memphis, Houston, Jazz, Suns, Pelicans and maybe Kings competing for playoff spots could all be 50 win teams. Wolves might finally have a .500 record since KG was in his prime. Nuggets are an underrated team when they were healthy at the end of last season they played good ball and could surprise alot of nikkas. All these teams would make playoffs in Least

Portland will suck obviously. Lakers its still a question but theyll probably not be good.

BigNBAfan
09-28-2015, 10:41 PM
Its possible..........Are there really any bad teams in the West besides the Blazers tho?

West is stacked.

SA, OKC, GS, LAC all title contenders. Then u got Memphis, Houston, Jazz, Suns, Pelicans and maybe Kings competing for playoff spots could all be 50 win teams. Wolves might finally have a .500 record since KG was in his prime. Nuggets are an underrated team when they were healthy at the end of last season they played good ball and could surprise alot of nikkas. All these teams would make playoffs in Least

Portland will suck obviously. Lakers its still a question but theyll probably not be good.
:biggums:

Legends66NBA7
09-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Think it will probably be Denver. Lack a lot of talent.

Lebronxrings
09-28-2015, 10:51 PM

West is stacked.

sounds like damage control when cp3 and kd fall short yet again.

Naero
09-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Not sure about that... Yes, Dirk isn't going to rejuvenate, and their roster turnover changed for the worse on the defensive end without now that Tyson Chandler ended his short-lived second stint with the team, but most of their offensive firepower—minus the cancerous, overrated Rajon Rondo, who plummeted the team's offense while he was around—is intact.

Plus, Rick Carlisle—a great coach—is still at the helm and can mitigate the defensive deficiencies of the squads with his teamwork-oriented zone-defense system, which doesn't need top-end personnel. While not even a Phil Jackson- and Gregg Popovich-co-coached team could thrust this team back into contention, great coaches of Carlisle's caliber can oftentimes make the difference between contending for a playoff berth or a top-five lottery vector.

There are more than a few talentless and ill-coached teams I can point to in the Western Conference—Timberwolves (Sam Mitchell is the acting head coach), Lakers, and the Trail Blazers.

Trail Blazers are currently my pick, if I'm to singularize any team. Terry Stotts is possibly one of the worst coaches—especially from the defensive dimension of the game—in the NBA, and now that LaMarcus Aldridge bolted away, most of the shot-taking onus falls on the inefficient Damian Lillard.

Dr. Ice
09-28-2015, 11:44 PM
zero chance they're worst than portland, and negative zero chance that they're worse than denver.

G-train
09-29-2015, 12:34 AM
zero chance they're worst than portland, and negative zero chance that they're worse than denver.

I actually think Portland and Denver will go poorly as well, but they do have some decent young talent that will ball.

As I explained, Dallas talent is all injured.
This is barring Dirk, who is slated to play 26 mpg.

Dallas could literally roll out Felton, Barea, Evans, Dirk and Zaza on openig night.

That is a worst first five than anyone in either conference.
And on top of that, they have little depth.

So I would say the coaching is almost irrelevant, they simply don't have the cattle.

Matthews injured.
Parsons injured.
Deron injured, should be back soon but will get injured. On top of that, Carlisle clashed with Rondo, do you think it will be better with Deron?
Dirk old.
The rest are all average to below average players.

At least Denver has some exciting talent.
Portland could be struggle town but they don't have the same injuries, they have young guys keen to produce.

feyki
09-29-2015, 07:59 AM
I hope so..

Wait us Skal.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Denver will be way better than Portland:lol :lol

R.I.P.
09-29-2015, 12:20 PM
I sure ****ing hope so. Top 3 pick is much better than giving a low-end lottery pick to Boston or getting a**-****ed in the 1st round.

senelcoolidge
09-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Mavs, lakers, and kings will compete for that dishonor.