PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Derrick Rose already worrying about 2017 Free Agency

Rose'sACL
09-28-2015, 10:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFsJ5bxyxdk

I read this on reddit but i had to check the context. This is just weird. He keeps talking about financially securing the future of his child even though he has made 300 mil till now.

BigNBAfan
09-28-2015, 10:18 PM
he still sounds retarded, should of gone to school when he wasnt playing the last three years

Cocaine80s
09-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Cavs could use another backup pg. Mo is getting old

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-28-2015, 10:24 PM
#gang

buddha
09-28-2015, 10:26 PM
I make 16 mil a year, have a huge shoe deal but i'm worrying about my finances, its all about my family, they need food.

Lebronxrings
09-28-2015, 10:28 PM
who?

Oh right the guy on Jimmy Butlers team

Rose'sACL
09-28-2015, 10:34 PM
he still sounds retarded, should of gone to school when he wasnt playing the last three years
should have*

Pointguard
09-28-2015, 10:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFsJ5bxyxdk

I read this on reddit but i had to check the context. This is just weird. He keeps talking about financially securing the future of his child even though he has made 300 mil till now.

Somebody is coming after his money, now. He's just restating his priorities because it keeps him grounded.

Coach Eddie
09-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Isn't he retiring young?

juju151111
09-28-2015, 10:56 PM
What the actual **** is he talking like he broke?

FashionIssues
09-28-2015, 10:59 PM
why did he even just talk about that? :facepalm

Pushxx
09-28-2015, 11:10 PM
What was going through my head during that press conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WPlvZguZ4

outbreak
09-29-2015, 12:00 AM
he says the stupidest things.

Anyone else remember when he did that interview and said that PEDs were a huge issue and he sees people taking them all the time in locker rooms? Then he backtracked and said it was out of context lol.

And then when asked about being medically cleared but refusing to play he says he doesn't want to be 30 at his sons graduation with sore knees from playing basketball. :facepalm

Your making hundreds of millions of dollars to give 100% in the world's elite league. for that money you are expected to put your body on the line.

Doomsnite Danny
09-29-2015, 12:38 AM
real life scum, not that he is scum, but he is an extention of scumbags in his family and relatives. they don't care about his career. that's what a kid brainwashed to provide for family over basketball will show. geez noah and dunleave were left confused.

Rose'sACL
09-29-2015, 12:54 AM
real life scum, not that he is scum, but he is an extention of scumbags in his family and relatives. they don't care about his career. that's what a kid brainwashed to provide for family over basketball will show. geez noah and dunleave were left confused.
I think that he is just not too bright and his family might be putting stupid stuff in his head.

Lebron23
09-29-2015, 12:57 AM
He's not that smart. And he's with Adidas. That company is paying him even when he was injured.

outbreak
09-29-2015, 01:01 AM
I think that he is just not too bright and his family might be putting stupid stuff in his head.
Yeah he just needs someone to tell him to shut up and avoid tough questions. He's not paid to be smart or make intelligent statements but one of his people needs to look out for him if he has trouble keeping his mouth shut.

poido123
09-29-2015, 02:24 AM
Question is, is this the Bulls future PG?

Are we paying Rose if he's only 80% of what he was? What if he gets injured again?

I think one more serious injury and the Bulls should cut ways with him in 2017.

Rose is a hard one, he won't have that athleticism on his next contract. How long it lasts is anyone's guess.

Gileraracer
09-29-2015, 02:25 AM
Damn, thats some weird shit coming from his mouth. Maybe he's gambling too much?

poido123
09-29-2015, 02:30 AM
Damn, thats some weird shit coming from his mouth. Maybe he's gambling too much?

Perhaps the settlement/lawsuit cost him a fortune...

Who knows.

wally_world
09-29-2015, 02:50 AM

irony :oldlol:

Quickening
09-29-2015, 03:21 AM
He is like the perfect storm of social awkwardness and retardation...

T_L_P
09-29-2015, 03:39 AM
Rose is the dumbest person in basketball.

Didn't he get someone to do his SATs because he was scared of failing them (who fails their SATs?)

Didn't he miss a practice and need ten stitches because he cut himself slicing an apple?

The 'I don't want to be sore' stuff, and now this. :oldlol:

SpanishACB
09-29-2015, 08:13 AM

sounds like wife has total control

Pointguard
09-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Rose is the dumbest person in basketball.

Didn't he get someone to do his SATs because he was scared of failing them (who fails their SATs?)

Didn't he miss a practice and need ten stitches because he cut himself slicing an apple?

The 'I don't want to be sore' stuff, and now this. :oldlol:
Got to love it , he took that mike created his own subject, turned it into his goals and life, knowing full well his haters were going to go crosseyed over it.

It has to be frustrating to be a hater.

LikeABosh
09-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Dude is legit autistic.

dannywpt
09-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Yes, Derrick, worrying about getting as much money as you can in 2 years is exactly where your priorities should be at. You know, staying healthy and actually playing basketball and stuff, that doesn't matter. Keep worrying about the future of your kid who's obviously at risk of not being able to afford college.

Rose'sACL
09-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Perhaps the settlement/lawsuit cost him a fortune...

Who knows.
i forgot about that. did he settle out of court?

Real Men Wear Green
09-29-2015, 04:35 PM
He isn't wrong to be focused on earning all the money he can but he should be smart enough to anticipate backlash from a fan base that has watched their franchise player get mega millions for years without playing. Bulls fans are now going to start holding his money against him and if he cares about their support he's going to be disappointed.

Also any team that would give him the max forfeits the right to complain.

nathanjizzle
09-29-2015, 06:37 PM
he says retarded shit. its beyond defending at this point and every rose/bulls fan knows it.

poido123
09-29-2015, 09:07 PM
i forgot about that. did he settle out of court?

I've kind of played the ignorance is bliss thing with that.

I honestly want to pretend like that never happened. I just want him out there playing basketball again.

Now with another injury, it's just torture as a Bulls fan :(

JimmyMcAdocious
09-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Rose always struck me as someone who would be very successful if basketball wasn't in his life. Comes off as a real business man in his interviews. Impressive.

poido123
09-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Rose always struck me as someone who would be very successful if basketball wasn't in his life. Comes off as a real business man in his interviews. Impressive.

The sarcasm flows strong in you :pimp:

Noob Saibot
09-29-2015, 10:39 PM
I see the dude's brain is made of glass as well.

Coach Eddie
09-30-2015, 12:28 AM
He is broken. 2017 will be the next time he'll see action.

bdreason
09-30-2015, 03:07 AM
What's weird is that he seems to bring this stuff up without even being asked a direct question. Reminds me of the famous Latrell Sprewell quote, "I gotta feed my kids".

Bosnian Sajo
09-30-2015, 03:36 AM
At least he look fresh af, very nice haircut and beard on point too. And yall better stop hating on a man trying to get his from a multi billion dollar corporation which only gives like 10% back to the players, he has every right to try and make the most money possible, how tf can you hate on that?

AirFederer
09-30-2015, 04:17 AM
He could have this talk if he had delivered rings to the city.
When the situations that he has been out with multiple injuries and talks about soreness, while being paind in the hundreds of millions, he deserves the backfire of a nuclear bomb

PP34Deuce
09-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Rose is a very honest guy but you just don't say that out loud.

I believe, ultimately the bulls will trade him. He's not going to give a hometown discount. When the cap increases he will be 28-29 and wanting a 130 plus million dollar deal.

DoctorP
09-30-2015, 12:07 PM
And then he got popped in the face. The end.

Pointguard
09-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Rose is a very honest guy but you just don't say that out loud.

I believe, ultimately the bulls will trade him. He's not going to give a hometown discount. When the cap increases he will be 28-29 and wanting a 130 plus million dollar deal.
I think it will hurt him in negotiations no matter how well he plays now. But he definitely grabbed that mike and said it like, "this is for my haters."

T_L_P
09-30-2015, 01:12 PM
At least he look fresh af, very nice haircut and beard on point too. And yall better stop hating on a man trying to get his from a multi billion dollar corporation which only gives like 10% back to the players, he has every right to try and make the most money possible, how tf can you hate on that?

The dude's lucky he's in the league with guaranteed contracts....otherwise he might have to worry about his kid's future.

Also, he gets hate for it because a guy like Butler just shuts up and plays (at a level much higher than Rose is capable of)...meanwhile Derrick is talking about money that he hasn't earned at all.