PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Branson, MO?

UK2K
09-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Girlfriend and I are looking for a weekend getaway. I would go back to Charleston, but that's too far. I can get to Branson in six hours, but never been and don't know if its worth it. Got a hookup inside Westgate Resorts who can get me rooms for 1/3 of the price, so thats the best bet. Its either Branson or Gatlinburg (only two properties within easy driving distance) , and I've been to Gatlinburg a lot.

Other than a random country song or the ending for 'She's Out of My League', I don't know anything about it. Google makes it look like a hick town.

Anyone actually been? I hear the theaters are nice.

KevinNYC
09-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Girlfriend and I are looking for a weekend getaway. I would go back to Charleston, but that's too far. I can get to Branson in six hours, but never been and don't know if its worth it. Got a hookup inside Westgate Resorts who can get me rooms for 1/3 of the price, so thats the best bet. Its either Branson or Gatlinburg (only two properties within easy driving distance) , and I've been to Gatlinburg a lot.

Other than a random country song or the ending for 'She's Out of My League', I don't know anything about it. Google makes it look like a hick town.

Anyone actually been? I hear the theaters are nice.

Make you sure you don't make the wrong turn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bt4Ly9_9Qg

NumberSix
09-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Is your girlfriend a white?

UK2K
09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Branson can be a lot of fun for dating. You have the theme parks(Silver Dollar City), you have giant mazes, you have some of the best go-karting and mini-golfing around...

I'd give it a shot.

Nice, just didn't know how much there really was to do. Google doesn't have any cool pictures. At least Gatlinburg looks cool. I'm assuming they are the same type of deal.

Is your girlfriend a white?
Yeah, she's pretty white.

nightprowler10
09-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Make you sure you don't make the wrong turn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bt4Ly9_9Qg
:oldlol: beat me to it.

KevinNYC
09-29-2015, 08:09 PM
:oldlol: beat me to it.
This ain't ova.

hihellohi765
09-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Well I've lived about 40 minutes away from Branson for over 15 years. So personally, I don't understand why someone would come here unless they had a family or were older. But it depends on your interest. There are shows everywhere. Some really good, but most are just okay in my opinion and the price isn't cheap. And as was mentioned earlier, there tons of Mini golf/Arcades and things like that too. But the traffic on the main route is terrible most of the year. And Silver Dollar City has a couple good coasters if youre into that. Not a place I have any desire to go to again, but if you've never been it's probably a good way to spend a day. Let me know if you have any other questions man.

Clifton
09-30-2015, 04:04 PM
I went about 10 years ago with my family. It was kind of fun. Squeaky-clean, Bible Belt entertainment. No edge whatsoever, but the better shows are quite good. It's the kind of place Brian Regan would end up if he were less popular.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Well I've lived about 40 minutes away from Branson for over 15 years. So personally, I don't understand why someone would come here unless they had a family or were older. But it depends on your interest. There are shows everywhere. Some really good, but most are just okay in my opinion and the price isn't cheap. And as was mentioned earlier, there tons of Mini golf/Arcades and things like that too. But the traffic on the main route is terrible most of the year. And Silver Dollar City has a couple good coasters if youre into that. Not a place I have any desire to go to again, but if you've never been it's probably a good way to spend a day. Let me know if you have any other questions man.

See post #4 in this thread for your answer.