PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers gets compared to MJ

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 09:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13774500&ex_cid=espnFB

You'd think they'd compare Radjas to Lebron. I mean, Lebron is supposed to be the best in the game, right? :oldlol:

dubeta
09-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Rodgers was better at his sport, than MJ was at bball

ShawkFactory
09-30-2015, 09:48 AM
He could be the best ever.

DoctorP
09-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Meh. Brady > Rodgers

ClipperRevival
09-30-2015, 10:11 AM
His TD/INT ratio is off the charts at over 4/1. Most all time greats have a TD/INT ratio hovering around 2/1. At his peak, you can argue he was the best QB ever.

tmacattack33
09-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Aaron Rodgers is playing amazing ball and yes I would agree with the MJ comparisons.

Only thing that is left is another Super Bowl or two, which he'll get in my opinion.

MJ was ridiculously skilled and would be a superstar on skill alone...throw in his athleticism and he is basically the consensus GOAT.

Same with Rodgers...even if he was slow as sh*t his pure passing skill would make him a superstar. Now throw in the fact that he is more mobile than most QB's and can pass the ball at different angles while moving and it looks like he can become consensus GOAT with a ring or two more.

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 10:20 AM
His TD/INT ratio is off the charts at over 4/1. Most all time greats have a TD/INT ratio hovering around 2/1. At his peak, you can argue he was the best QB ever.

http://utmbs8iu6w2vs3oz2ez0dj16.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/peyton.jpg

JimmyMcAdocious
09-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Of course a Wilt stan would think Peyton is the GOAT.

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Of course a Wilt stan would think Peyton is the GOAT.

I didn't say he was. I just posted on pic of a player Rodgers has a long ways to go to eclipse. I could have done the same with a Brady, Marino, Favre, Montana or Young pic.

People are such prisoners of the moment. How in the hell can you guys say the Rodgers is better than those guys at this point?

How is he even better than Brees?

ClipperRevival
09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
http://utmbs8iu6w2vs3oz2ez0dj16.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/peyton.jpg

Manning's TD/INT ratio is 2.25/1 (535/237).

Rodger's is next level at 4.14/1 (236/57).

Brady is 2nd best ever at 2.80/1 (401/143).

Rodgers is also the highest rated passer all time by almost 10 points over 2nd place at 106.8 (2nd place Tony Romo at 97.6). The game has never seen a guy as efficient as Rodgers.

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Manning's TD/INT ratio is 2.25/1 (535/237).

Rodger's is next level at 4.14/1 (236/57).

Brady is best ever at 2.80/1 (401/143).

Rodgers is also the highest rated passer all time by almost 10 points over 2nd place at 106.8 (2nd place Tony Romo at 97.6). The game has never seen a guy as efficient as Rodgers.

Brady and Manning have played an entire career and Rodgers hasn't, so it's ridiculous to say he's better at this point. Also, the game has been changing to favor passing more and more. That's why guys in this era have been putting up ridiculous numbers compared to previous ones.

And LOL at quoting a stat in which Romo is the second best ever.

ShawkFactory
09-30-2015, 10:39 AM
I didn't say he was. I just posted on pic of a player Rodgers has a long ways to go to eclipse. I could have done the same with a Brady, Marino, Favre, Montana or Young pic.

People are such prisoners of the moment. How in the hell can you guys say the Rodgers is better than those guys at this point?

Have you watched him play? No one is saying he should be above these guys on all time lists or anything. But have you seen a better quarterback? Most people I talk to say no. And if he continues this trend he could be the best ever.

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Have you watched him play? No one is saying he should be above these guys on all time lists or anything. But have you seen a better quarterback? Most people I talk to say no. And if he continues this trend he could be the best ever.

But would you be saying this if this came right after the season Brady broke Peyton's TD record, or Manning broke Brady's TD and Brees yardage record? Or if it was the 1984/85 season and Marino set records nobody except Dan Fouts had come close to sniffing before?

Bless Mathews
09-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Rodgers is the goat skilled qb.

Anyone that really knows football knows that.

Only thing holding him from being the overall goat is a couple of rings.

But he ain't done playing yet.

StephHamann
09-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Joe Montana is Jordan

Brady is Kobe

Peyton Manning is Lebron

Rodgers is Shaq

https://media.giphy.com/media/vn5aXBYzKW2fC/giphy.gif

ShawkFactory
09-30-2015, 10:50 AM
But would you be saying this if this came right after the season Brady broke Peyton's TD record, or Manning broke Brady's TD and Brees yardage record? Or if it was the 1984/85 season and Marino set records nobody except Dan Fouts had come close to sniffing before?
It's not even about numbers. I couldn't tell you what Rodgers' are now or were the past couple seasons.

He's quite possibly the best combination of arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, intelligence, and leadership that we've seen.

Gileraracer
09-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Who's that?

ClipperRevival
09-30-2015, 10:51 AM

And Rodgers had a season where he threw 45 TD with only 6 INT and the NFL record for passer rating in a season with 122.5 in 2011 in only 15 games.

We can compare the single greatest seasons ever and some say that Rodgers' 2011 season was the best ever. Rodgers puts up video game numbers. Like I said, his TD/INT ratio is simply next level and no other great has come close to that mark. And that's a huge stat.

ClipperRevival
09-30-2015, 10:54 AM
It's not even about numbers. I couldn't tell you what Rodgers' are now or were the past couple seasons.

He's quite possibly the best combination of arm strength, release, accuracy, mobility, intelligence, and leadership that we've seen.

Yup, he's the most complete QB ever. He had every single physical attribute you would want from a QB. It's like putting together Marino, Elway and Young.

GoatBoy
09-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Rodgers > Brady

T_L_P
09-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Rodgers, like Jordan, is the best ever at his sport.

LoneyROY7
09-30-2015, 02:58 PM

:roll:

You really have a fetish for favoring old guys don't you?

T_L_P
09-30-2015, 03:03 PM
:oldlol: at bringing up Peyton.

He's as classy as they come, but he's not even that much better than his brother when it comes to Playoff football.

When Peyton actually won a ring, he did it throwing just 3 Touchdowns in four games with 7 Interceptions, with a Rating of 70.

When Rodgers won, he did it throwing 9 Touchdowns with 2 Interceptions, Rating of 110.

Rocketswin2013
09-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Rodgers is pretty incredible every time I get a chance to watch him.

His 2012 was the best pure passing season I have ever seen. The stats just don't show the throws he made week after week.

oarabbus
09-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Joe Montana is Jordan

Brady is Kobe

Peyton Manning is Lebron

Rodgers is Shaq

:no: Barry Sanders is Shaq or maybe Bo Jackson

ClipperRevival
09-30-2015, 03:28 PM

His 2012 was the best pure passing season I have ever seen. The stats just don't show the throws he made week after week.

Don't you mean 2011?

GrapeApe
09-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Rodgers is great, no question, but modern QB stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. QB's are ridiculously protected and if you so much as breathe on a receiver it's a penalty. It's got to the point where I'm expecting a flag after every incompletion. What sucks is, that's all young players today know because their whole lives they've been watching receivers beg for a penalty after every damn play. You can see it at the HS and college level. I like the game much better when you could actually play defense.

riseagainst
09-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Tom Brady is the GOAT footballer.

GrapeApe
09-30-2015, 04:08 PM

1984 Dan Marino threw for 5,000 yards and 48 TD's in a league where you could actually play defense and the QB was still fair game. He revolutionized the position. It's scary to think of the kind of numbers he'd put up now. His style of play was tailor made for today's game.

ClipperRevival
09-30-2015, 04:13 PM
1984 Dan Marino threw for 5,000 yards and 48 TD's in a league where you could actually play defense and the QB was still fair game. He revolutionized the position. It's scary to think of the kind of numbers he'd put up now. His style of play was tailor made for today's game.

Dan "The Man" Marino is like a God-like figure to me. I idolized that guy growing up. I have so many of his magazines and football cards. I used to record his games and just marvel at his quick release, ability to move within the pocket and throw with such velocity and accuracy. He would've no doubt put up huge numbers in today's era.

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Rodgers is great, no question, but modern QB stats need to be taken with a grain of salt. QB's are ridiculously protected and if you so much as breathe on a receiver it's a penalty. It's got to the point where I'm expecting a flag after every incompletion. What sucks is, that's all young players today know because their whole lives they've been watching receivers beg for a penalty after every damn play. You can see it at the HS and college level. I like the game much better when you could actually play defense.

In other words, similar to today's NBA.

TheMan
09-30-2015, 06:32 PM
T pains me to say this, as I am a Bears fan and I've watched football since the mid 80s (watched prime Montana and Marino) and I can say this with confidence...peak for peak he is easily better than Favre and he is right there with Montana and Marino. I am by no means a Rodgers fan for obvious reasons but I'm constantly amazed by what he has done. He has absolutely no weakness, go ahead, name one.

I'm aware that he does play in a different era, and that may have an affect on how good he is, for example, Montana took hits that were legal back in the day that in today's game might warrant you almost getting arrested but skill level wise, man, the dude is right there with the best.

Also, take into consideration that he has had good WRs but nothing what Joe had in Jerry Rice, I shudder to think what Rodgers would do with a legit top WR in the game, like if he had Odel Beckham to throw to :eek: Jordy Nelson is good but he ain't no Dez Bryant.

Green Bay will win it all this year and I could still see him win one or two more before it's all said and done and he will go down as the GOAT QB.

The MJ comparison is legit.

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Joe Montana is Jordan

Brady is Kobe

Peyton Manning is Lebron

Rodgers is Shaq

I agree with that. I'll take peak Brady years 07,10 and Manning 04 over Rodgers best seasons 2011, 2014. Rodgers is most gifted QB of all time but mentally and being clutch hasn't done enough in playoffs for me.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 06:39 PM
If anyone thinks Rodgers is winning another 5 Superbowls and 5 Superbowl MVPs, they are certifiably insane, and worthy of being locked up in a padded cell. So, in other words, your typical ESPN talking head clown.

Hey Yo
09-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Bad comparison.

Rodgers didn't quit the league (in his prime) after winning a championship.

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 06:40 PM

Yup it's hard to compare different era of players different rules, schemes, etc. Montana and Brady are top two QB of all-time. Rodgers playoffs other than his super bowl run have been lackluster not all his fault of course. I need see more if wants to go down as GOAT. Rodgers without a doubt goes down top five but greatest I highly doubt it.

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Regardless of how good Rodgers is, the comparison to MJ is wrong, because after Bird and Magic left their prime, Jordan was considered the best player in his game until his second retirement, even when he didn't win MVP. The same can't be said for Rodgers.

Partly this is because it's football, where it's much harder to have a consensus GOAT (Rice, Montana, Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, ?). And partly because since Rodgers has been playing, he hasn't been considered anywhere near unanimously better than Brady, Manning or even Brees.

Jordan was consensus best once he passed Magic and Bird. It's not an apt comparison. Nobody was arguing whether Barkley or K. Malone were better than Jordan.

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Manning GOAT regular season nobody in history quarterbacks has close to five MVP's rewards that's unreal.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 06:43 PM

Oh, please. STFU. Enough with this lame ass ESPN lying BULLSHIT.

He's not even the most skilled Green Bay Packers QB ever.

Favre was WAY MORE skilled and talented than Rodgers is, and anyone saying otherwise is either a complete RETARD, a LYING POS, about 12 years old, or most likely, all of the above.

You can say Rodgers is "one of the best ever" in those areas, but STOP with the lying, made up, totally untrue ESPN bullshit already.

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 06:44 PM
Bad comparison.

Rodgers didn't quit the league (in his prime) after winning a championship.

Neither did MJ.

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 06:45 PM
This

Ryan Tannehill threw for 4000 yards last year, something john elway did once and joe montana never did in his career. There's clearly a huge difference between stats back then and stats today...probably moreso than any sport, even the NBA with all its rulechanges

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Rodgers, like Jordan, is the best ever at his sport.

Montana and Brady say hi kids these days have no perceptive everyone's lives in present and no respect for past.

TheMan
09-30-2015, 06:47 PM
I agree with that. I'll take peak Brady years 07,10 and Manning 04 over Rodgers best seasons 2011, 2014. Rodgers is most gifted QB of all time but mentally and being clutch hasn't done enough in playoffs for me.
Rodgers hamstring injury last season robbed him of a SB title. Green Bay would've put Seattle away had he been healthy and GB would've merked NE in the SB, of that I have no doubt.

He is clutch af and his leadership skills/IQ are GOAT level. Rodgers was the reason GB was sniffing a SB title last year.

Cold soul

Favre was WAY MORE skilled and talented than Rodgers is, and anyone saying otherwise is either a complete RETARD, a LYING POS, about 12 years old, or most likely, all of the above.

You can say Rodgers is "one of the best ever" in those areas, but STOP with the lying, made up, totally untrue ESPN bullshit already.

ESPN hype machine fools buy into it like sheep. Rodgers is getting mad overrated right now.

Euroleague

Again, with the bullshit nonsense created by ESPN. Every single week a QB, or several are getting injured because they took big hits.

STFU IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST LIKE A COMPLETE CLOWN

This is not ESPN FIRST TAKE

If you want to post endless made up ESPN cliches and lies, just go to Facebook.

Jameerthefear
Rodgers will retire as the greatest QB ever. He's got like 7-8 years left. If he wins one this year he'll already be the GOAT imo but people will still want rings.

Jameerthefear
09-30-2015, 06:49 PM
ESPN hype machine fools buy into it like sheep. Rodgers is getting mad overrated right now.
if u find urself agreeing with euroleague u can pretty much conclude that ur opinion is wrong and u should rethink it

BasedTom

You're full of shit, and I used to be a Favre stan

Rodgers is the real deal

sportjames23
Again, with the bullshit nonsense created by ESPN. Every single week a QB, or several are getting injured because they took big hits.

Wow

Megabox!
09-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Is OP ever not dick riding MJ? And Rodgers > Brady

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Rodgers hamstring injury last season robbed him of a SB title. Green Bay would've put Seattle away had he been healthy and GB would've merked NE in the SB, of that I have no doubt.

He is clutch af and his leadership skills/IQ are GOAT level. Rodgers was the reason GB was sniffing a SB title last year.

You can't say this huge hypothetical you nor I have no idea if they beat Seattle with healthy Rodgers for crying out loud Dallas should of won against Green Bay Dez caught that ball. As clutch as Brady or Montana no way in hell not even as smart or mentally as strong as those guys but talent level Rodgers is GOAT.

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 06:52 PM
if u find urself agreeing with euroleague u can pretty much conclude that ur opinion is wrong and u should rethink it

Lol and of all people this is coming from you? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jameerthefear
09-30-2015, 06:53 PM
Lol and of all people this is coming from you? :roll: :roll: :roll:
yes old man. time to shut the **** up and realize you aren't right just because you're an old fart

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 06:53 PM

Are you really arguing that the NFL hasn't implemented numerous rule changes to protect the QB position, more emphasis on pass interference, roughing the passer/kicker, etc etc? Even player celebrations after big plays can swing the outcome of a game at a ref's discretion if he feels like calling unsportsmanlike conduct. This is shit that wouldn't stand 10, even 5 years ago.

People give FIFA and the NBA a lot of shit for being corrupt or suspect, but the NFL is perhaps even worse than both.

Legends66NBA7
09-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Does Rodgers play defense ?

TheMan
09-30-2015, 07:00 PM

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I watched everyone of those Bears Packers games. Favre was a beast but Rodgers is clearly better. Favre was a gunslinger, he sometimes forced the ball where there was no real chance for a play and throw an INT. Rodgers doesn't give a defense a chance for a INT, that is huge. I'll take Rodgers over Favre all day/every day.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 07:01 PM
This

Ryan Tannehill threw for 4000 yards last year, something john elway did once and joe montana never did in his career. There's clearly a huge difference between stats back then and stats today...probably moreso than any sport, even the NBA with all its rulechanges

But that's just because teams are throwing the ball more and using more pass efficient offenses. To then take that and claim that you can't hit the QB and no QB's get hit and all that other bullshit, is taking LIES and MADE UP BULLSHIT from ESPN ( a proven network of LYING and propaganda) and using it as some kind of agenda.

It is untrue and is totally unrelated. And every time some clown asshole makes that correlation, just like he did.

Yet strangely, QBs get hit, injured, knocked out, etc., just as much as they did, or even more than ever. But these idiots are saying, "you can't hit the QB", "you can't touch the QB".

It's complete bullshit and a total lie.

Not to mention that "back in the day" bullshit also. Because if people actually did watch football "before the rules changes", which obviously people saying that kind of shit DID NOT, they would know that only a very small, VERY SMALL number of hits were full impact.

The vast majority of the time, the guys hitting the QB always pulled up and BARELY hit them.

But here you go with this BULLSHIT, "Montana took all these huge hits that would be illegal today".

So yeah, in his ENTIRE CAREER, he took some big hits...........so does every freaking QB that plays today. That's it. We are arguing over if it came with a 15 yard penalty or not?

People really need to STFU if they are going to drop ESPN propaganda lines, and pretend like they know a single thing about WTF they are talking about.

Football fans talking about this shit, sound even way dumber than NBA fans do when they talk about the difference between the NBA rules changes before and now. ESPN is such a ridiculous POS sports network with how it just makes up all this agenda driven political bullshit about sports and gets all the morons to believe it.

Like yeah sure, freaking Montana and Marino were taking huge freaking hits every game "back in the day".................

This shit is just laughable. The only QBs "back in the day" that took a lot of big hits were guys that ran with the ball a lot, Guys like Steve Young............THAT KIND OF QB.

The same exact way it happens now, and a guy like Robert Griffin III can't stay healthy. But this idea that a guy like Marino just stood there and got major hit after major hit, is completely made up fantasy. He had the same EXACT ratio of hits and kind of hits like someone like Brady or Peyton Manning get today.

And people saying otherwise are lying sacks of shit.

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 07:02 PM
^10 year old brady stan meltdown

cherish this moment, ladies and gents

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Is OP ever not dick riding MJ? And Rodgers > Brady

LOL at this fakkit.

TheMan
09-30-2015, 07:10 PM
So basketball isn't the only sport Euroleague is clueless about :oldlol:

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 07:10 PM
"He had the same EXACT ratio of hits and kind of hits like someone like Brady or Peyton Manning get today."

because offensive lines don't exist
because preferential treatment from refs doesn't exist
because pocket awareness doesn't exist

we have statistics that tell us exactly who is getting hit how many times. GTFOH here with that nonsense. Stick to rimming VSpan's hairy asshole before you try talking sports you clearly know **** all about

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 07:12 PM
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I watched everyone of those Bears Packers games. Favre was a beast but Rodgers is clearly better. Favre was a gunslinger, he sometimes forced the ball where there was no real chance for a play and throw an INT. Rodgers doesn't give a defense a chance for a INT, that is huge. I'll take Rodgers over Favre all day/every day.

What the hell does forcing the ball too much and then getting it intercepted have to do with skill?

It has NOTHING to do with skill idiot. And I never said Favre was better than Rodgers, I'm not even commenting on that actually.

You are another moron.

You claimed Rodgers has the most skills ever, and like a complete jackass, you don't even know what skills are - what that even means.

And also, total bullshit that you watched Favre play. NO YOU DID NOT. YOU ARE A LIAR. So is every single person that endlessly goes on about how Rodgers is the greatest athlete, most skilled blah blah blah ever.

Oh really? Then what the hell are guys like Favre, Young, Cunningham then?

They are players that clowns like you NEVER SAW PLAY.

You are absolute LIAR and it's not even debatable.

Fave was WAY MORE athletic than Rodgers.

Favre had a MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger arm than Rodgers.

Favre was a lot faster, quicker, more dynamic running with the ball than Rodgers is.

Rodgers is a great athlete for sure, no doubt about that. Favre was an absolute BEAST athlete. He was a FREAK OF NATURE. He was an unbelievable athlete. It's not even remotely close.

Favre was WAY MORE physically skilled and talented than Rodgers.

Every single person that claims Rodgers is the "most athletic", "most skilled" QB ever is simply repeating the made up bullshit marketing propaganda from ESPN.

That is it. There is no chance in hell they saw QBs like Favre or even Cunningham playing in their prime, and as far as athleticism goes, also Young.

Because Rodgers isn't even in the same discussion.

So again, just STFU. You are clearly about 10 years old.

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 07:18 PM
This escalated rather quickly. :oldlol:

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 07:24 PM
They're passing more because the rule changes make it much more advantageous to do just that. Everyone knows that RBs aren't getting anywhere near as much protection by the rules as QBs or receivers. It's why teams don't want to pay them and aside from the very elite, they are considered expendable to a certain degree. And fullbacks are an endangered species

same deal as nba rulechanges, it's teams and players adapting to get the most out of it. hence 3s everywhere

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 07:25 PM
Are you really arguing that the NFL hasn't implemented numerous rule changes to protect the QB position, more emphasis on pass interference, roughing the passer/kicker, etc etc? Even player celebrations after big plays can swing the outcome of a game at a ref's discretion if he feels like calling unsportsmanlike conduct. This is shit that wouldn't stand 10, even 5 years ago.

People give FIFA and the NBA a lot of shit for being corrupt or suspect, but the NFL is perhaps even worse than both.

I am stating facts, not ESPN propaganda.

ESPN propaganda is some idiot on ESPN creates a catch phrase and then they keep repeating it over and over and over and over. And then the morons out there simply believe it is true.

This mainly started after New York big media took over ESPN (I mean the really big New York media, not the smaller New York media that ran it before). Because that is how New York big media has always operated in USA.

Example, whatever moron idiot ESPN talking head says,

"Back in the day when guys like Marino and Montana and Elway played, the QBs just got blasted and they all took big hits and they didn't get protected by the refs. But today, under these new rules, all the QBs are totally protected by the refs and they never get hit, and no one is ever allowed to touch them."

If you can't figure it out, you are falling for all of ESPN's lying bullshit.

I don't need to waste my time explaining it, because they do that kind of shit exactly for idiots to soak up. Or like Cold soul said, for sheep to buy into.

Anyone dumb enough to fall for this kind of mindless shit, cannot be reasoned with.

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 07:34 PM
So all those roughing the passer and phantom PI calls are just not happening then. All the lifelong NFL fans who are sick of seeing this "evolution" into its current state are all just on the bandwagon. I know I'm talking to a brady stan, but this level of cognitive dissonance and flat out stupidity is honestly surprising- even for ISH, even for euroleague. :roll:

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 07:35 PM
^10 year old brady stan meltdown

cherish this moment, ladies and gents

You got exposed.

You went with the made up ESPN bullshit line that some 175 pound weakling like Montana (they claimed he was 200 yeah right, maybe in full pads, helmet, etc.) was getting blown up with major hits every game, and somehow survived to play into his late 30s.............

And you got called out on it by someone that isn't retarded, actually saw him playing, and knows it is a complete crock of shit, and all made up, like just about everything ESPN says these days.

If you were not a fool, you would take your losses already, know your role as I advised, and STFU.

Because to anyone with even simple basic reasoning skills you already look like a moron.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 07:38 PM
So basketball isn't the only sport Euroleague is clueless about :oldlol:

Let me guess, Euroleague is also "the basketball equivalent of the MLS."

I am sure you are one of the geniuses that knows so much about European football and basketball that you think that also...........

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 07:48 PM
So all those roughing the passer and phantom PI calls are just not happening then. All the lifelong NFL fans who are sick of seeing this "evolution" into its current state are all just on the bandwagon. I know I'm talking to a brady stan, but this level of cognitive dissonance and flat out stupidity is honestly surprising- even for ISH, even for euroleague. :roll:

Like I said, mindless dumb ****s simply cannot be reasoned with.

ArbitraryWater
09-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Shut up Cold soul, fool :facepalm

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 07:54 PM
You got exposed.

Come on now. Everyone can see that the rule changes have effected the passing game in a positive way. All sorts of guys put up what would have been huger numbers back in the 80s and 90s. And players themselves have complained over the last decade about how protected the QB position has become.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Come on now. Everyone can see that the rule changes have effected the passing game in a positive way. All sorts of guys put up what would have been huger numbers back in the 80s and 90s. And players themselves have complained over the last decade about how protected the QB position has become.

That's not what these clowns are saying.

They are claiming Marino and Montana got hit all the time and took all these huge hits, and that no QB is even allowed to be hit now. The made up LIES from ESPN that ESPN is telling them and they are believing.

Then they are using higher stats, from teams throwing the ball more, due to the offenses being MUCH MORE COMPLICATED, and using that to claim it as some kind of justification to prove that "back in the day" the QBs all got hit all the time, and now you can't even touch anyone".

Again, because ESPN told them that.

As I said, a bunch of mindless dumb ****s.

Also the argument you are using does not work that way either. That's another myth created by ESPN's bullshit. You cannot translate stats from now back the to 80s or 90s and say, "well if you put the current rules in place then, Marino would have 60 touchdowns", or whatever kind of ridiculous bullshit.

It does not work like that. Because as I already explained, he was not actually getting hit any more, it's simply ESPN LYING and MAKING UP SHIT.

And secondly, it's ESPN also failing to explain to the idiots that the offenses got MUCH BETTER than they used to be. At that time, they called Walsh a genius, for simply having the West Coast offense.

The offense is extremely complicated now, as compared to then, and you don't even know how a QB from that time would even operate under today's offense system, especially going against today's defense, which is also MUCH MORE COMPLICATED.

So let's play this same BULLSHIT game for idiots ESPN does all the time. The "I saw so and so play and they would kill today with the rules, or would have back then with the same rules and defense"..........

OK, well, I saw Marino play plenty and the fact is that ESPN and all their sycophantic retards get exposed again. Because he had an amazing arm and he was ridiculously quick in his release. But fact is what it is, there was a reason he never won a Superbowl, and it had NOTHING to do with all the made up crap people say now about how he had nothing (enter a million excuses).......

He was no Andrew Luck of his day, playing in a shit hole team around him.

He had an all time one of the greatest coaches, he had some teams with great defense, great offensive lines, he had tremendous receivers, he had teams that could run the ball...........he had EVERYTHING. But today, people claim he had NOTHING. All the "today's fans" claim he was playing on the freaking joke of the league franchise or something. Again, all bullshit.

The ACTUAL reason he never won a Superbowl was because he did not have a good decision making as a QB. Simple as that. He always found some way to screw up and not read the defense right.

He was not like Favre or Brees and screwing up from forcing the ball, I mean just blowing reads on defense.

Now, we are supposed to believe, according to this MADE UP BULLSHIT, that against MUCH MUCH more complicated defense schemes of today (and anyone saying they are not more complicated is a ludicrous troll)................we are supposed to believe he will automatically have all these more touchdowns and everything?

Or that you can put him in the 80s and 90s with "today's rules and defense" and the same will happen?

I am sorry, but again, that is just more total bullshit.

I'm not going to use that as an example on someone like Montana, because he was super smart and his decision making was great. So he would have handled it fine now (provided that he had YEARS to learn, not just taking the actual Montana as he was mind you). But Marino had some questionable decision making, even against much simpler defense in the past. But according to this twisted ESPN agenda created logic, "due to the rules changes and new defense", he would throw for 6,000 yards and 60 touchdowns if he was playing today".

OH REALLY? REALLY?

Again, this is such mindless bullshit that it should not even be worthy of a discussion. It's just only something even possible in world of sports because of ESPN.

As far as players complaining about QBs being protected....wow imagine that a guy that gets paid millions more for every extra sack he gets wants it easy as possible to hit a QB. Shocking. SHOCKING.

Never mind that again, QBs get hit and injured all the time today, and ESPN is again simply making up bullshit.

It's actually laughable when people start this "Montana took big hits every game" crap, and then the same with the, "but QBs now, you can't even touch them" crap.

Montana was more protected than any QB playing in the league now by leaps and bounds. But every single one of the ESPN spam bots will argue and argue and argue and argue whatever ESPN said must be true, because ESPN said it.

"Oh look, here is the proof, they have better stats now."

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Shut up Cold soul, fool :facepalm

Why? I'm pretty sure I watch way more football than you do including 90's to present.

HenryGarfunkle
09-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Who is Rodgers go-to receiver? Randall Cobb?

Rodgers is the Green Bay offense.

This comparison is stupid. MJ didn't carry the Bulls the way Aaron carries the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers is more comparable to early 2000's Shaq or past and present LeBron. In terms of demeanor he matches up with LeBron. Very calm, cool, collected. He is also extremely versatile like LeBron. Both carry their teams and will probably end up with more MVPs than rings because of the aforementioned teams they are stuck with.

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 08:47 PM

This comparison is stupid. MJ didn't carry the Bulls the way Aaron carries the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers is more comparable to early 2000's Shaq or past and present LeBron. In terms of demeanor he matches up with LeBron. Very calm, cool, collected. He is also extremely versatile like LeBron. Both carry their teams and will probably end up with more MVPs than rings because of the aforementioned teams they are stuck with.

New Bron stan in the house.

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 08:58 PM
yes old man. time to shut the **** up and realize you aren't right just because you're an old fart

Lol you poor little kid here some advise log off ISH get off computer go do something productive in your life contribute in society. You're pathetic amine loving hick from Alabama the scum of the earth. I imagine this being you in ten years time.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/poker-player-with-pillow-girl.jpg

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 09:05 PM
Didn't say a single word about Montana's body, I was shitting on your nonsense claim that he (along with other qbs of that era) have the EXACT same ratio of hits. That's an incredibly stupid statement that virtually anybody with not even an understanding of the NFL, just maths, could tell you is false.

Now you're throwing out utter garbage and logical fallacies left and right....because you flat out have no argument. Look at the rulebook, it has changed. Look at what former referees have come out and said. Watch a damn tape from the 90s and compare it to the abortion of a product today. None of those involve ESPN or some sort of anti Brady agenda. In fact, ESPN is headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut and has employed many ex-Patriots, some who have shared a locker room with your idol. But don't let that get into the way of your idiotic delusions.

Let it sink into your head you subhuman mongoloid POS. You are the least respected, least self-aware, and least knowledgeable poster on these forums. You are a proven liar and racist. Your entire existence is proof than an infallible God is impossible, for your existence has provided NOTHING but a burden to the patience and good faith of others. The day you finally kill yourself will be the day every single person to have the misfortune of interacting with you can feel a sense of pride and relief.

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 09:08 PM

Rodgers was blessed to get drafted to perfect situation with great franchise to play for Packers were playoff team when Rodgers took over previous year Favre lead Pack to NFC championship or divisional playoff game against Giants. Rodgers had ton of weapons to throw to in his career the problem always been their offensive line and defense. Brady and Manning always made their teammates look better than they actually were for over a decade carried their franchise to great heights to crazy level Rodgers has never done that.

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Lol you poor little kid here some advise log off ISH get off computer go do something productive in your life contribute in society. You're pathetic amine loving hick from Alabama the scum of the earth. I imagine this being you in ten years time.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/poker-player-with-pillow-girl.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Didn't say a single word about Montana's body, I was shitting on your nonsense claim that he (along with other qbs of that era) have the EXACT same ratio of hits. That's an incredibly stupid statement that virtually anybody with not even an understanding of the NFL, just maths, could tell you is false.

Now you're throwing out utter garbage and logical fallacies left and right....because you flat out have no argument. Look at the rulebook, it has changed. Look at what former referees have come out and said. Watch a damn tape from the 90s and compare it to the abortion of a product today. None of those involve ESPN or some sort of anti Brady agenda. In fact, ESPN is headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut and has employed many ex-Patriots, some who have shared a locker room with your idol. But don't let that get into the way of your idiotic delusions.

Let it sink into your head you subhuman mongoloid POS. You are the least respected, least self-aware, and least knowledgeable poster on these forums. You are a proven liar and racist. Your entire existence is proof than an infallible God is impossible, for your existence has provided NOTHING but a burden to the patience and good faith of others. The day you finally kill yourself will be the day every single person to have the misfortune of interacting with you can feel a sense of pride and relief.

Well damn. :oldlol:

Asukal
09-30-2015, 09:25 PM
Whoah! Euroleague meltdown! :oldlol: :lol :roll:

dubeta
09-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Did he also lose 9 of his first 10 playoff games? If not then I don't understand the comparisons

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 09:32 PM
That was a brutal takedown. Damn!

SouBeachTalents
09-30-2015, 10:01 PM
I made this post a few months ago regarding passing and defenses today

I don't know how anyone can watch football and not know Brady plays in an era with unprecedented protection for QB's and WR's. You literally aren't allowed to hit a player hard anymore without it being flagged

"Roughing the passer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypxacviNMBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qtv5vt1FRg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crsBaSXVpHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRKC5jbswbw

"Unnecessary roughness"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxW9Xa7Ql58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVc32igKZC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N1XA2C1AU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QawL7E4wWjE

These hits aren't isolated incidents, anyone who watches football on a regular basis will see calls like this at least once a week. Just look at this list for most passing yards in a season, 11 of the top 13 have occurred in the past 4 seasons, which is why any statistical comparison between Brady and Montana is a sham

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...gle_season.htm

And this isn't to diminsh Rodgers. Dude is an amazing QB, and would have been great today or 30 years ago. But anyone saying that QB's today don't play in a SIGNIFICANTLY easier era to pass simply don't know what they're talking about. Seriously, look at that list for passing yards in a season. It's the equivalent of the steroid era for single season HR records

Cold soul
09-30-2015, 10:05 PM

And this isn't to diminsh Rodgers. Dude is an amazing QB, and would have been great today or 30 years ago. But anyone saying that QB's today don't play in a SIGNIFICANTLY easier era to pass simply don't know what they're talking about. Seriously, look at that list for passing yards in a season. It's the equivalent of the steroid era for single season HR records

Well said. I totally agree I can only imagine the numbers a Elway, Marino, Montana would put up in today's era with pass happy league with so many rules that greatly benefit offense.

tpols
09-30-2015, 10:07 PM
I think euroleague made a lot of good points..

only thing different today is WR's aren't being held/hit as much, which helps the QB's numbers but so does having jerry rice (which someone previously mentioned).. whose better than anyone Rodgers has had, so it offsets.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 10:37 PM

OK clown, like I said, you can STFU now. You already got exposed to every single person that actually knows anything about football. Quit while you are ahead.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 10:39 PM
That was a brutal takedown. Damn!

It was more lies and pure made up fantasy.

Especially the part about "ESPN is based in Bristol, Conn.", implying that it is somehow not a New York based operation. When it is a KNOWN FACT that almost every single person employed there is from New York.

He is a complete freaking moron, a spoon fed sheep, just as Cold soul said.

And so are you.

It's pathetic actually, how stupid you clowns really are.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 10:44 PM

And here is another MORON that lacks any reasoning or logic skills, and instead simply believes something because ESPN said it.

Yes, but Montana played into his late 30s even though he got a vicious hit every game............and this same Montana was one of the puniest, maybe THE puniest QB of all time.

Yes, but defense and offense are EXACTLY the same in terms of their complexity today.........

Yes, but all the players are the same exact size now as from any other era..........

Anyone posting this garbage you are automatically gets put in the sub 65 IQ group. And in addition to that, PROVES they never watched an NFL game of any of those older players.

Montana almost NEVER EVER took a hit you stupid lying asshole. And if you had actually seen a game of him playing, you would know that. You can take all of your bullshit made up imaginary stats bullshit, turn it sideways, and shove it up your ass.

Because you are trying to tell me what is true is not, and that made up bullshit from ESPN (for whatever their marketing agenda is) is truth. And then you have the freaking audacity to pretend I am the one lying or pretending or making up shit, when you are basically totally delusional. So you can go **** yourself.

But yeah, keep telling yourself that no matter what, Montana, Elway or Marino would magically be teleported to now from the 80s and throw for 6,000 yards, 60 touchdowns and whatever else insane bullshit you believe.

You ****ing assholes are the ISH football stans and trolls equivalents of CavsFTW and lazeruss, and you are so stupid you don't even realize you are.

BasedTom
09-30-2015, 10:59 PM
More essays with absolutely ZERO substance from Euroleague.

"everyone who diaagrees with me is a moron"... dude wouldn't even make a 4th grade debate team

Not a single shred of evidence to support his argument

CelticBaller
09-30-2015, 10:59 PM
brady goat

but rodgers would end up better, just on skills alone he's one of the goat

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 11:01 PM
I think euroleague made a lot of good points..

only thing different today is WR's aren't being held/hit as much, which helps the QB's numbers but so does having jerry rice (which someone previously mentioned).. whose better than anyone Rodgers has had, so it offsets.

EXACTLY

And that is basically due to the fact Belichick won Superbowls in the Giants and Patriots and in the process beat Montana and 49ers and Manning and Colts numerous times in the playoffs with the style of bumping the receivers a lot and pushing them off their spots.

It completely wrecked and destroyed both the 49ers (I mean annihilated their passing attack) and while it wasn't quite as effective against the Colts, it was still more than enough to basically shut them down for the most part in the playoffs.

So as a result of THAT and through the Colts complaining about it a lot and using their influence on the rules committee, they changed the rules with the receivers.

Now to explain this, if ESPN claims that in some earlier times, or in some other cases besides what Belichick was doing, that "all the receivers were being roughed up like that", then again, ESPN is mouthing off their agenda bullshit.

Because really, they were changing the rules because the defense of Belichick was getting more aggressive and more physical on pushing receivers off their spot than had been done previously. Which is why that rule change was made.

So again, there is also this distorted claim how ESPN likes to make it seem like it used to be like "back in the 80s, every receiver was being roughed up and pushed off their spot".

This is complete bullshit. In fact, just to put this in proper perspective how ridiculous this crap is and how people are claiming this crap now, I cannot remember any receiver (WR / TE) ever getting roughed up as much as Gronkowski does. Never, not at any time.

But we have ESPN claiming that every pass catcher in the past would have been more roughed up than him, and clowns repeating it like it is true.

I don't know exactly what ESPN's agenda is with all of this push to make the past of the NFL glorified so far above the current time. It's a bit strange. But that is a clear agenda of ESPN and they push it very hard.

Just like they push LeBron as an agenda, and the other things they push.

They absolutely did change the rules on how you can guard the pass catchers. But also, again, it was more to keep the defense from getting too aggressive due to how Belichick had sort of pushed over how the refs will call the game.

And this again shows how confused people are from listening to ESPN's bullshit. Because the 49ers passing attack was destroyed when they had to face the Giants in the playoffs and Belichick was playing that over aggressive type of defense.

Because it was something they had never seen before.

How can that be possible, when ESPN claims all the defense was like that "before rules changes"?

bizil
09-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Yup, he's the most complete QB ever. He had every single physical attribute you would want from a QB. It's like putting together Marino, Elway and Young.

I agree! MJ was great at scoring, passing, defense, and rebounding for a guard. From there he was a freakish athlete who had an EPIC scoring skillset to boot. He could play PG, SG, and SF and be the best player at EACH OF THOSE POSITIONS!! All those attributes put together had NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE.

He had the freakish athletic ability that Big O, West, Bird, and Magic didn't have. And he was better all around than freak athletes like Doc, Nique, Hawkins, Thompson, and Baylor. The things that Rodgers brings to the table at QB is similar to MJ in those regards. He's literally great at everything it seems.

SouBeachTalents
09-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Montana almost NEVER EVER took a hit you stupid lying asshole. And if you had actually seen a game of him playing, you would know that. You can take all of your bullshit made up imaginary stats bullshit, turn it sideways, and shove it up your ass. ]

http://i.imgur.com/pyWyjsG.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3341010/jim-burt-ko-s-joe-montana-o.gif

And there were no imaginary bullshit stats shown, I just showed how consistently ridiculous penalties against defenses are now, and that 11 of the top 13 seasons with the most passing yards in NFL history have taken place in the past FOUR years

sportjames23
09-30-2015, 11:21 PM

And there were no imaginary bullshit stats shown, I just showed how consistently ridiculous penalties against defenses are now, and that 11 of the top 13 seasons with the most passing yards in NFL history have taken place in the past FOUR years

That first gif is one of the greatest hits I've ever seen in football. I jumped out my seat when I saw it. Hated the 49ers back then (hated them for beating Marino and my Dolphins back in 1984), so I was glad the Giants took Montana and the 9ers out.

But, I grew to respect and appreciate Montana later. IMO, he's the GOAT QB.

Also, there was that game in Philly when Reggie White, Jerome Brown and crew were ****in Montana's shit up in the first half. Dude came back to lead the 9ers to victory after getting demolished.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 11:22 PM
More essays with absolutely ZERO substance from Euroleague.

"everyone who diaagrees with me is a moron"... dude wouldn't even make a 4th grade debate team

Not a single shred of evidence to support his argument

Being right is the evidence genius.

Your "evidence" is that you keep repeating something that has nothing to do with what you claim it does.

The stats are higher because they throw the ball more and because the offense is more complicated.

It's not higher because the rules are different. That ESPN making up shit, or maybe dumbing down shit for idiots like you. One way or another, it's not true.

And then you can't switch players out like that from different times and automatically assume they will do the same under the same scenario, if for example now the offense and defense is much more complex.

But you are doing that.

In other words, no basic knowledge of how the offense got more complicated, the defense got more complicated, no logic, no reasoning, basing everything on what you heard talking heads at ESPN say, and then "proving it" by saying "look the stats are higher"..........when the higher stats are higher because of a totally different reason.

It is not because of how they changed rules to how the front line could attack the QB and how many times a QB gets hit or whatever else bullshit.

That's just ESPN nonsense.

Use your head and think for more then 2 seconds and you might actually grasp it.

I already tried to explain to you that if you actually had watched Marino and them play, you would know that the guys sacking the QBs almost always barely hit them. I mean they just barely grabbed them and pulled them down.

They were not trying to wreck some guys life out there, save for a handful of psychos trying to land one on occasion. SAME EXACT AS NOW.

You just act like this all made up and a lie, because ESPN pushed this fairy tale nonsense of "see they changed the rules, back in the good old days those guys took all these big huge vicious hits all the time, every game, and now you can't even touch the QB."

You hear them say that, and you believe it. It's not true, and if you could think for yourself, or had any reasoning or logic you would get that. You clearly have NONE.

Even when you are given specific examples, of actual reality (not fantasy made up nonsense like stats changing because they pass more - you know the offense design is better now)..........but actual reality like how all the time QBs get hit, get injured, have to have surgery, etc. - that this can't be true, if no one is allowed to touch the QB.....

Or that, QBs in the past, just think about it, Elway, Montana, Kreig, Marino, Testaverde, Kelly, Young, etc. there was a whole group of QBs from that time that were playing into their late 30s...........

How in the hell did they play into their late 30s if they were taking all these huge vicious hits all the time?

Oh wait, I know how, because ESPN tells us how - "Because back then in the good old days, all the QBs were so much tougher than all the players now, and they were real men. None of the QBs now could even play in the NFL then."

And the moron sheep soak up this bullshit.

Again, a bunch of CavsFTW, and Lazeruss type shit is all it is, and you are too dumb to even realize it.

"Everything was bigger and better back in the day. Or "when I was a kid everything was so much better than it is now", or whatever else kind of bullshit.

I don't know what ESPN's agenda is, maybe its nostalgia marketing to markets that still live on past glory, maybe it's an attempt to diminish and demean, and downgrade anything of value or substance today, whatever. But it is BULLSHIT. And it's only something complete morons can't see through.

It's just another example of Wilt's tall tales.

Marchesk
09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
It completely wrecked and destroyed both the 49ers (I mean annihilated their passing attack) and while it wasn't quite as effective against the Colts, it was still more than enough to basically shut them down for the most part in the playoffs.

In 86, Rice was a rookie who fumbled the ball on the way into the end zone untouched, and then Jim Burt knocked Montana out of the game right before the half.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Joe-Montana-Jim-Burt.jpg

And then in 1990, the 49ers were on track to three-peat when Montana gets hit by Lawrence Taylor and Jim Marshall, breaks a finger on his throwing hand, and receives a concussion. That might have effected his performance the rest of the game. Anyway, the 49ers had the ball at the end of the game, but Taylor recovered a fumble and the Giants were able to drive for a game winning FG.

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 11:36 PM

So you just proved my point. A puny, scrawny, little weakling like Montana played into his late 30s, because he almost never ever got hit, and certainly never taking really big hits.

That's why since it was RARE, the examples are so known, there are few of them to cite, and when it did happen, he tended to suffer a huge injury, because he was a toothpick.

Or what ESPN and their moron sheep say,

"Montana was taking absolutely vicious hits in almost every game he played in during his entire career."

"He was simply tougher than any player that plays today. Players today could not have survived then."

Yes, because evidently, according to ESPN, NFL players all became candy ass pansies some time after the 90s.

Which is odd, because also according to ESPN, all NBA players were candy ass pansies prior to LeBron joining the league.

I am sure you have a "stat" to "prove everything though....

Euroleague
09-30-2015, 11:39 PM
In 86, Rice was a rookie who fumbled the ball on the way into the end zone untouched, and then Jim Burt knocked Montana out of the game right before the half.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Joe-Montana-Jim-Burt.jpg

And then in 1990, the 49ers were on track to three-peat when Montana gets hit by Lawrence Taylor and Jim Marshall, breaks a finger on his throwing hand, and receives a concussion. That might have effected his performance the rest of the game. Anyway, the 49ers had the ball at the end of the game, but Taylor recovered a fumble and the Giants were able to drive for a game winning FG.

The clowns are getting into damage control now.

Panic button time will be arrived at shortly.

You need to STFU and take your losses now. Know when to do so. I have said it over and over.

I grew up being a fan of the 49ers and Montana and saw him playing every damn Sunday.

You can't bullshit me on this no matter how much try or think you can. You are a bunch of lying assholes.

riseagainst
10-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Tom Brady is the GOAT, doe.
Aaron Rodgers is one of the best, doe.

Cold soul
10-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Tom Brady is the GOAT, doe.
Aaron Rodgers is one of the best, doe.

Montana GOAT for now with Brady close 2nd. Rodgers is amazing skill set wise and physically the GOAT.

juju151111
10-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Euroleague explain the past 5 years with all the rule changes and QB breaking records left and right. Why has the record for yrds being broken every year for the past 4 years? The rule chanes on CB and QB have led to the sky rocket of numbers

24-Inch_Chrome
10-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Brady is GOAT, Montana is right up there though. 1A/1B type relationship imo, Brady with the slightest edge.

riseagainst
10-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Brady is GOAT, Montana is right up there though. 1A/1B type relationship imo, Brady with the slightest edge.

:applause:

Vaniiiia
10-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Jordan is Montana - carried to rings with great supporting casts, undefeated in the championship which feeds the media agenda

LeBron is Rodgers - most impactful player, best skill-set, best leader, biggest dick, best charisma, best hairline, best life.

Smart fans say LeBron and Rodgers are the GOATs.

Idiotic, brainwashed, easily manipulated puppets say Jordan and Montana are GOATs.

RINGZZZZZZ DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNDEFEETED!!!!! RINGZZ MAN

:facepalm

Team. Sport. You. ****ing. Retards.

Sarcastic
10-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Name the players who "carried" Montana in 81 and 84?

Heavincent
10-01-2015, 02:28 PM
:oldlol: at bringing up Peyton.

He's as classy as they come, but he's not even that much better than his brother when it comes to Playoff football.

When Peyton actually won a ring, he did it throwing just 3 Touchdowns in four games with 7 Interceptions, with a Rating of 70.

When Rodgers won, he did it throwing 9 Touchdowns with 2 Interceptions, Rating of 110.

Exactly. Peyton is the GOAT regular season QB (for now, Rodgers will surpass him), but his playoff resume is extremely underwhelming. I'm not even talking about wins and losses...dude just doesn't play as well as the guys he's compared to (Brady, Rodgers, Montana). Period.

Rodgers is the apex of QB play. It's impossible to better than him. I don't even need to see him win another super bowl. Unless he completely shits the bed multiple times, he'll go down as the GOAT.

ArbitraryWater
10-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Why? I'm pretty sure I watch way more football than you do including 90's to present.

I'm sure you did.. I'm sure millions of people have, that doesn't exclude millions of people from being dumb, ignorant. You're the most simple minded poster I know.

Euroleague
10-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Skip Bayless actually completely annihilated the clown Stephen A. Raycist (one of the ones pushing the Rodgers nonsense hype) and all of the moron 12 year olds in this thread also.

Everything Bayless said was true, and it pretty much confirms which people actually watched a football game, and which ones just look at stats, and listen to what a few clown talking heads like Smith, Hasselbeck, Dilfer, and those kind of jokers are saying at ESPN.

Notice how he said the exact same points I made about the stats bullshit, and about Favre, and about how Raycist's (Smith's) comments proved he had not either seen those games, or did not remember them.

That's it exactly, or he is either lying on purpose to push a media agenda (more likely).

But it's exactly like it is, anyone saying Rodgers is the greatest physical talent ever is completely making up shit and just flat out straight lying their ass off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25LqWIDbxU

Marchesk
10-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Jordan is Montana - carried to rings with great supporting casts, undefeated in the championship which feeds the media agenda

LeBron is Rodgers - most impactful player, best skill-set, best leader, biggest dick, best charisma, best hairline, best life.

So Kobe is Tom Brady in this comparison? Chris Paul is Phillip Rivers. Duncan is Roethlisberger. Dirk is Drew Brees. Curry can be Manning, minus the total career. That's not quite right.

Hmmm, maybe Kobe is Aikman, carried three times to a title. Lebron is Manning. That's a beter fit. Duncan is more like Brady, minus the publicity and hate. Cornerstone of a great organization with GOAT-like head coach.

Russell was Bradshaw. Stacked as hell team. Wilt was Elway, carrying his roster until he got a good enough team around him. Karl Malone was Marino.

Rodgers is more like a healthy Durant.

riseagainst
10-01-2015, 04:39 PM
So Kobe is Tom Brady in this comparison? Chris Paul is Phillip Rivers. Duncan is Roethlisberger. Dirk is Drew Brees. Curry can be Manning, minus the total career. That's not quite right.

Hmmm, maybe Kobe is Aikman, carried three times to a title. Lebron is Manning. That's a beter fit. Duncan is more like Brady, minus the publicity and hate.

Russell was Bradshaw. Stacked as hell team. Wilt was Elway, carrying his roster until he got a good enough team around him. Karl Malone was Marino.

:eek:

the similarities are uncanny.

Legends66NBA7
10-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Hmmm, maybe Kobe is Aikman, carried three times to a title. Lebron is Manning. That's a beter fit. Duncan is more like Brady, minus the publicity and hate. Cornerstone of a great organization with GOAT-like head coach.

Don't forget the part where none of the NFL QB's play defense.

Euroleague
10-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Name the players who "carried" Montana in 81 and 84?

'84 49ers is one of the greatest and most stacked teams in NFL history.

This thread is rapidly becoming a joke.

Marchesk
10-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Don't forget the part where none of the NFL QB's play defense.

Right, well, it's not the best comparison to begin with, but given your criteria, Magic and Barkley need to be figured in somehow.

Marchesk
10-01-2015, 04:46 PM
'84 49ers is one of the greatest and most stacked teams in NFL history.

This thread is rapidly becoming a joke.

85 Bears, 86 Giants, 87 Redskins >

BasedTom
10-01-2015, 04:53 PM
leave it to euroleague to clown on ESPN, then use their biggest clown in the office Skip Bayless as some form of legitimate support to his argument

Legends66NBA7
10-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Right, well, it's not the best comparison to begin with, but given your criteria, Magic and Barkley need to be figured in somehow.

I know, I'm just pulling your leg.

Cold soul
10-01-2015, 05:25 PM

Lol comparing Kobe to Aikman who got carried his whole career by Smith and Irving along with great offensive-line in NFL history. Kobe is Brady for sure.

Euroleague
10-01-2015, 05:29 PM
leave it to euroleague to clown on ESPN, then use their biggest clown in the office Skip Bayless as some form of legitimate support to his argument

Bayless is not a clown about football history. He clearly knows his shit there. He tore you and all the other fools a new asshole.

Euroleague
10-01-2015, 05:32 PM
85 Bears, 86 Giants, 87 Redskins >

I'm not saying the 49ers carried Montana. That was someone else's claim.

But the '84 49ers were ridiculously stacked and that was clearly one of the greatest teams not only of that time, but ever. You can easily make the case that it was the best of all the 49ers teams.

So when people start claiming the '84 49ers were some kind of example of a team that didn't have much and implying it was all Montana, that just 100% proves how ludicrous the trolling is in this thread.

I think it's pretty clear that Aaron Rodgers stans are among the lowest level of all sports fans.

Based on how Rodgers stans are posting in this thread, I think it's more accurate to equate Rodgers with LeBron.

ESPN hype machine that never stops pushing them as an agenda, and absurd stans that are completely insane in their ridiculous and delusional worship of them.

Vaniiiia
10-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Skip Bayless actually completely annihilated the clown Stephen A. Raycist (one of the ones pushing the Rodgers nonsense hype) and all of the moron 12 year olds in this thread also.

Everything Bayless said was true, and it pretty much confirms which people actually watched a football game, and which ones just look at stats, and listen to what a few clown talking heads like Smith, Hasselbeck, Dilfer, and those kind of jokers are saying at ESPN.

Notice how he said the exact same points I made about the stats bullshit, and about Favre, and about how Raycist's (Smith's) comments proved he had not either seen those games, or did not remember them.

That's it exactly, or he is either lying on purpose to push a media agenda (more likely).

But it's exactly like it is, anyone saying Rodgers is the greatest physical talent ever is completely making up shit and just flat out straight lying their ass off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25LqWIDbxU
Lulz mode.

You gonna act like you didn't watch this clip BEFORE you made any posts in this thread?

It was completely obvious from the get-go. Stop making me cringe dude!

And if SAS wasn't such an incompetent, worthless, kiss-ass he could've easily ended Skips life. But that's not what the show is about! It's about Skip and his biased, trolling, idiotic, shock value opinions so they can cash in off IDIOT MOTHER ****ERS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

That video is one of the most disgusting things I've ever ****ing sat through. Completely ignoring context, ignoring his injury, ignoring all the stats, hell even ignoring the ****ing eye test! Attacking Steve Young's credibility, brushing aside his SuperBowl run as if it was nothing, brushing aside EVERY SINGLE ****ING THING AARON RODGERS HAS EVER ****ING DONE SO HE CAN HYPE HIS MANCRUSH TOM BRADY.

It was literally like witnessing what a kobe stan does on here. "THE STATS DONT MATTER ALL ABOUT DEM RINGZ BRAH!"

God damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I will never sit through another Skip Bayless video in my life. So frustrating that he actually has a voice and a show where he talks to millions of people on a daily basis. Mother ****er.

bdreason
10-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I went to College with Aaron Rodgers. Never met him though.

Euroleague
10-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Lulz mode.

You gonna act like you didn't watch this clip BEFORE you made any posts in this thread?

It was completely obvious from the get-go. Stop making me cringe dude!

And if SAS wasn't such an incompetent, worthless, kiss-ass he could've easily ended Skips life. But that's not what the show is about! It's about Skip and his biased, trolling, idiotic, shock value opinions so they can cash in off IDIOT MOTHER ****ERS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

That video is one of the most disgusting things I've ever ****ing sat through. Completely ignoring context, ignoring his injury, ignoring all the stats, hell even ignoring the ****ing eye test! Attacking Steve Young's credibility, brushing aside his SuperBowl run as if it was nothing, brushing aside EVERY SINGLE ****ING THING AARON RODGERS HAS EVER ****ING DONE SO HE CAN HYPE HIS MANCRUSH TOM BRADY.

It was literally like witnessing what a kobe stan does on here. "THE STATS DONT MATTER ALL ABOUT DEM RINGZ BRAH!"

God damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I will never sit through another Skip Bayless video in my life. So frustrating that he actually has a voice and a show where he talks to millions of people on a daily basis. Mother ****er.

And your IQ is about 50.

ShawkFactory
10-01-2015, 07:27 PM
And your IQ is about 50.
Don't you bash ESPN in every post?

sportjames23
10-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Idiotic, brainwashed, easily manipulated puppets say Jordan and Montana are GOATs.

RINGZZZZZZ DOE!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNDEFEETED!!!!! RINGZZ MAN

:facepalm

Team. Sport. You. ****ing. Retards.

dubeta's worst alt. :facepalm

Le Shaqtus
10-01-2015, 09:19 PM
But that's just because teams are throwing the ball more and using more pass efficient offenses. To then take that and claim that you can't hit the QB and no QB's get hit and all that other bullshit, is taking LIES and MADE UP BULLSHIT from ESPN ( a proven network of LYING and propaganda) and using it as some kind of agenda.

It is untrue and is totally unrelated. And every time some clown asshole makes that correlation, just like he did.

Yet strangely, QBs get hit, injured, knocked out, etc., just as much as they did, or even more than ever. But these idiots are saying, "you can't hit the QB", "you can't touch the QB".

It's complete bullshit and a total lie.

Not to mention that "back in the day" bullshit also. Because if people actually did watch football "before the rules changes", which obviously people saying that kind of shit DID NOT, they would know that only a very small, VERY SMALL number of hits were full impact.

The vast majority of the time, the guys hitting the QB always pulled up and BARELY hit them.

But here you go with this BULLSHIT, "Montana took all these huge hits that would be illegal today".

So yeah, in his ENTIRE CAREER, he took some big hits...........so does every freaking QB that plays today. That's it. We are arguing over if it came with a 15 yard penalty or not?

People really need to STFU if they are going to drop ESPN propaganda lines, and pretend like they know a single thing about WTF they are talking about.

Football fans talking about this shit, sound even way dumber than NBA fans do when they talk about the difference between the NBA rules changes before and now. ESPN is such a ridiculous POS sports network with how it just makes up all this agenda driven political bullshit about sports and gets all the morons to believe it.

Like yeah sure, freaking Montana and Marino were taking huge freaking hits every game "back in the day".................

This shit is just laughable. The only QBs "back in the day" that took a lot of big hits were guys that ran with the ball a lot, Guys like Steve Young............THAT KIND OF QB.

The same exact way it happens now, and a guy like Robert Griffin III can't stay healthy. But this idea that a guy like Marino just stood there and got major hit after major hit, is completely made up fantasy. He had the same EXACT ratio of hits and kind of hits like someone like Brady or Peyton Manning get today.

And people saying otherwise are lying sacks of shit.

Look at all this bullshit, you barely have a grasp of basketball. Leave NFL to the adults.

No_Look604
10-01-2015, 09:46 PM
49ers drafting Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers (who grew up in the Bay) :facepalm

kurple
10-02-2015, 02:44 AM
Green Bay hasnt been close to a ring the last 3-4 yrs.. Manning (almost singlehandedly) turned the Broncos from the joke of a team they were with Tebow, to a team the entire nation slaughters unless they win it all..

Manning's preformance (tho he hasnt managed to win it all) as a Bronco has been enough for me to put him #1 on my QB alltime list

Mr Clutch Melo
10-02-2015, 03:05 AM
Green Bay hasnt been close to a ring the last 3-4 yrs.. Manning (almost singlehandedly) turned the Broncos from the joke of a team they were with Tebow, to a team the entire nation slaughters unless they win it all..

Manning's preformance (tho he hasnt managed to win it all) as a Bronco has been enough for me to put him #1 on my QB alltime list

They were one fumble from being in the Super Bowl man:facepalm

ClipperRevival
10-02-2015, 10:58 AM

And choked when it mattered most. Don't get me wrong, Peyton was the best regular season QB ever but what good are all those numbers if you shrink when it matters most?

ShawkFactory
10-02-2015, 11:20 AM
They were one fumble from being in the Super Bowl man:facepalm
Lol for real. They were the favorites last year and were one fluke play away from getting there.

And I like there chances in the SB, but that's neither here nor there.

tmacattack33
10-02-2015, 11:20 AM

Wtf...Green Bay was very close last year, and from watching the games it was obvious that Rodgers couldn't even move which is a big part of his game.

They were also pretty close a few of the other years.

I guess you don't have CBS and Fox and can't watch games or something. It's all good. But just don't say things that you don't know much about.

riseagainst
10-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Vaniiia is melting down so hard.
:lol

Bless Mathews
10-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Euro league is THE worst poaster in the HISTORY of the World Wide Web.

Damn.

I really want to sock him in the face and watch his knees buckle.

Ignorant idiot.

SouBeachTalents
10-02-2015, 04:23 PM

They were only an onside kick recovery away from making the SB, but no, they haven't been close to a ring recently. ****ing idiot :facepalm

Euroleague
10-03-2015, 03:44 PM
All the Rodgers stans crying to their mommies, they are sooooo butt hurt, after getting owned in this thread.

ShawkFactory
10-03-2015, 03:55 PM
All the Rodgers stans crying to their mommies, they are sooooo butt hurt, after getting owned in this thread.
You're like that cocky fat girl saying "yea I'm hot".

Vaniiiia
10-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Jameerthefear
10-03-2015, 04:00 PM

ClipperRevival
10-03-2015, 07:06 PM

sportjames23
10-03-2015, 08:57 PM

SouBeachTalents
10-03-2015, 08:59 PM

dubeta
10-03-2015, 09:36 PM

Euroleague
10-04-2015, 12:12 PM

You are a cocky fat girl. It's called projection. You clearly display it.

ShawkFactory
10-04-2015, 12:37 PM
You are a cocky fat girl. It's called projection. You clearly display it.
Was expecting a better comeback. Oh well.

Marchesk
11-02-2015, 02:52 AM
bump

Rodgers: 14-22, 77 yards

50 year old Manning: 21/29, 340 yards

bladefd
11-02-2015, 05:02 AM
Broncos defense looks awesome. They are carrying the entire team on their back, including Peyton manning having hisworst season ever. Shut down Aaron Rodgers.... *mindblown*

Wally450
11-02-2015, 09:38 AM
That defense is insane. I want to see if Brady can crack the code.

pauk
11-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Thank god for google/internet... seeing the thread title thought it was some new hs kid getting hyped or something...

American "Foot"ball.... pffft! :rolleyes:

CelticBaller
11-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Thank god for google/internet... seeing the thread title thought it was some new hs kid getting hyped or something...

American "Foot"ball.... pffft! :rolleyes:
Quiet Eurofag

Euroleague
11-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Quiet Eurofag

Anyone that claims Rodgers is comparable to Jordan should be banned from this forum.

He is fully justified to mock this absurd thread, and if you don't like it, then STFU.

Lebron23
02-07-2021, 10:57 AM
He is now a 3x pba mvp.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 12:01 PM

What skill does Rodgers possess that Patrick Mahommes doesn’t?

Real Men Wear Green
02-07-2021, 12:03 PM
Am NFL player can't dominate like Jordan but the closest thing is Tom Brady.

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2021, 12:38 PM
Lol, I remember OP, he was one of many to scurry off like rats after the playoffs :lol

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2021, 12:38 PM
What skill does Rodgers possess that Patrick Mahommes doesn’t?
You do realize this thread is from 2015

GOBB
02-07-2021, 12:57 PM

No. Montana would be that. Brady would closer to Lebron James

GOBB
02-07-2021, 12:58 PM
You do realize this thread is from 2015

Clearly I didn’t. Thanks for the reminder

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2021, 01:11 PM
Clearly I didn’t. Thanks for the reminder
No problem!

light
02-07-2021, 01:46 PM
They reserve LeBron for Brady.

Rodgers gets compared to the 2nd best.

Wally450
02-07-2021, 02:38 PM
No. Montana would be that. Brady would closer to Lebron James

Why is that?

MJ and Brady are the GOATs of their sports.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 02:45 PM
Why is that?

MJ and Brady are the GOATs of their sports.

Montana never lost a SB. MJ never lost a finals. Bron lose finals. Brady lost SBs.

Not for nothing but GOAT player isn’t Brady or Montana it’s guys like rice, LT, Deion, Jim brown

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Montana never lost a SB. MJ never lost a finals. Bron lose finals. Brady lost SBs.

Not for nothing but GOAT player isn’t Brady or Montana it’s guys like rice, LT, Deion, Jim brown
Yeah, instead of losing in the Super Bowl Montana was losing in the first round putting up performances like these

26/47 296 yards 0 TD's 1 INT in a 17-3 loss

8/15 98 yards 0 TD's 2 INT in a 49-3 loss

12/26 109 yards 0 TD 1 INT in a loss against an 8 win team while getting benched

Definitely better than making the Super Bowl

GOBB
02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Yeah, instead of losing in the Super Bowl Montana was losing in the first round putting up performances like these

26/47 296 yards 0 TD's 1 INT in a 17-3 loss

8/15 98 yards 0 TD's 2 INT in a 49-3 loss

12/26 109 yards 0 TD 1 INT in a loss against an 8 win team while getting benched

Definitely better than making the Super Bowl

Do u need a refresher course in 9 mediocre conference title games Brady had or nah? I have the numbers and they are ugly

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2021, 03:01 PM
Do u need a refresher course in 9 mediocre conference title games Brady had or nah? I have the numbers and they are ugly
Lol, I don't dispute Brady's had his share of mediocre playoff performances, but saying Montana "never lost in the Super Bowl" is a foolish argument when he was playing like absolute shit while getting destroyed in the first round on numerous occasions

GOBB
02-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Lol, I don't dispute Brady's had his share of mediocre playoff performances, but saying Montana "never lost in the Super Bowl" is a foolish argument when he was playing like absolute shit while getting destroyed in the first round on numerous occasions

How so when MJ too has got smacked around in the first rd before he went on a 6-0 undefeated finals year? MJ is to Montana what Brady is to Bron when it comes to the arguments of who is better. Their finals/SB records always come into play. Whether warranted or not. Which is why Brady is more along the lines of Bron than an MJ.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 03:11 PM
Montana in the postseason from '81-'87 had 17 TDs, 15 INTs and completed 59% of his passes which was a notice drop off from his regular season play, MJ never had a 6 year postseason stretch that bad. Montana is far from the perfect postseason performer some casuals have you believe. He had great postseason runs in '88 & '89, that isn't questioned, but to put him as the GOAT is a joke, he was nowhere near a dominant as MJ was, the consistency isn't there. Also helps that you had Jerry Rice for those dominant postseason runs in '88 & '89, not to mention the GOAT offensive coach Bill Walsh ('81-'88) who pretty much build an offense around you that revolutionized the NFL.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 03:20 PM
How so when MJ too has got smacked around in the first rd before he went on a 6-0 undefeated finals year? MJ is to Montana what Brady is to Bron when it comes to the arguments of who is better. Their finals/SB records always come into play. Whether warranted or not. Which is why Brady is more along the lines of Bron than an MJ.

Only difference is MJ's play was never an issue, he was usually the best player on the floor (minus '87 when he got outplayed by Bird) even when they lost, MJ simply didn't have the teammates. Montana on the other hand lost when he was one of the reasons why they lost.

Imagine MJ or LeBron losing to a 42-40 team in the first round like Montana lost to an 8-7 team in the first round, that would never happen.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 03:27 PM
And for the record both MJ & LeBron are far greater in their sport than Montana is in his sport.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Only difference is MJ's play was never an issue, he was usually the best player on the floor (minus '87 when he got outplayed by Bird) even when they lost, MJ simply didn't have the teammates. Montana on the other hand lost when he was one of the reasons why they lost.

Imagine MJ or LeBron losing to a 42-40 team in the first round like Montana lost to an 8-7 team in the first round, that would never happen.

First of all you’re comparing two sports that aren’t the same. They are different. Aaron Rodgers outperformed Tom Brady and it’s not up for debate. Yet Tom is in the SB. Why? Because GB defense much like has been the story of his post season career. So to say a 42-40 team is comparable to a 8-7 is flawed as hell. There is a reason any given Sunday is said. Football is not dependent on on individual much like basketball is. One play can impact the game himself. Whereas one player in football can not no matter how they perform good bad or otherwise.

Montana being called the goat is a joke but it’s ok to say Tom Brady is the goat based on...? Why people like to mention first rd losses is beyond me. Joe Montana greatness is based on big game sand delivering. It’s hilarious how you researched Joe stats but you never mentioned nor researched Tom Brady’s shortcomings. Only until someone did. Then it’s like oh well that guy didn’t do this and that.

The goat football players are guys like jerry rice LT Jim Brown Deion Sanders. Neither Brady nor Montana are in that discussion. They are only in the discussion for GOAT QB. But it’s ok for someone to say Tom was the greatest player in football history and you don’t reply. When someone says otherwise it’s a big deal. Just amusing. The Brady bunch of like Beyoncé beehive.

ArbitraryWater
02-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Brady is the weakest GOAT ever if he is one.

Perenially bailed out.

If we actually talk about game, he is never better than Manning or Rodgers.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 03:33 PM
And for the record both MJ & LeBron are far greater in their sport than Montana is in his sport.

But you don’t show up when someone compares Brady to MJ. It’s warranted. Montana? You have a 3 page paper all ready to be read. Look how triggered Brady fans are. My lord

tpols
02-07-2021, 03:38 PM

There's a lot more variance in a one game series than a seven game series. MJ and LeBron could certainly lose one game against a mediocre team that just got hot for a game.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 03:53 PM
First of all you’re comparing two sports that aren’t the same. They are different. Aaron Rodgers outperformed Tom Brady and it’s not up for debate. Yet Tom is in the SB. Why? Because GB defense much like has been the story of his post season career. So to say a 42-40 team is comparable to a 8-7 is flawed as hell. There is a reason any given Sunday is said. Football is not dependent on on individual much like basketball is. One play can impact the game himself. Whereas one player in football can not no matter how they perform good bad or otherwise.

Montana being called the goat is a joke but it’s ok to say Tom Brady is the goat based on...? Why people like to mention first rd losses is beyond me. Joe Montana greatness is based on big game sand delivering. It’s hilarious how you researched Joe stats but you never mentioned nor researched Tom Brady’s shortcomings. Only until someone did. Then it’s like oh well that guy didn’t do this and that.

The goat football players are guys like jerry rice LT Jim Brown Deion Sanders. Neither Brady nor Montana are in that discussion. They are only in the discussion for GOAT QB. But it’s ok for someone to say Tom was the greatest player in football history and you don’t reply. When someone says otherwise it’s a big deal. Just amusing. The Brady bunch of like Beyoncé beehive.

Yes, blame the Packers defense even though they were a borderline top 10 defense this year & picked off Brady 3 times, but Rodgers was unable to deliver a single TD in the 4th quarter. You shit on Brady's bad performances, but when the tables turn on your boy Montana all you say is "any given sunday". Don't be a hypocrite.

Montana being called the GOAT is a joke because there is no argument for him being better than Brady. What do you have exactly? 4 for 4 in the super bowl? Brady had 9 appearances and 6 victories. He defeated a legendary defensive team in the super bowl (legion of boom) and mustered a game winning drive against them. He came back from being down 28-3, and led the greatest comeback in super bowl history. etc. etc. etc. Brady's greatness is also based on his performances in big games, only difference is he has been in more big games and won more of them than Montana.

You would have to be an absolute retard to rank Montana over Brady to be honest.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 03:57 PM
There's a lot more variance in a one game series than a seven game series. MJ and LeBron could certainly lose one game against a mediocre team that just got hot for a game.

Problem is we have a 10 game span of postseason Montana from '81-'87 where he had 17 TDs, 15 INTs, and under 60% completion.

Not my GOAT.

Real Men Wear Green
02-07-2021, 04:02 PM

So if you want to just make this all about winning, question: how are superbowl losses an argument against Brady while all the years that Montana doesn't lead his team to the superbowl aren't an even bigger argument against him? If you're going to just make this about playoff success that doesn't make sense. A season where you make the Superbowl is superior than losing in a conference final or lower round.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Yes, blame the Packers defense even though they were a borderline top 10 defense this year & picked off Brady 3 times, but Rodgers was unable to deliver a single TD in the 4th quarter. You shit on Brady's bad performances, but when the tables turn on your boy Montana all you say is "any given sunday". Don't be a hypocrite.

Montana being called the GOAT is a joke because there is no argument for him being better than Brady. What do you have exactly? 4 for 4 in the super bowl? Brady had 9 appearances and 6 victories. He defeated a legendary defensive team in the super bowl (legion of boom) and mustered a game winning drive against them. He came back from being down 28-3, and led the greatest comeback in super bowl history. etc. etc. etc. Brady's greatness is also based on his performances in big games, only difference is he has been in more big games and won more of them than Montana.

You would have to be an absolute retard to rank Montana over Brady to be honest.

Brssy bunch have Brady’s pubic hairs blinding them. Shame. You mention Brady big games? There in is the reason I mentioned conference title games which are BIG games you dope next to SBs. His performances in those big games were majority MEDIOCRE. Facts not fiction.

There is no set criteria to say what one needs to be considered the GOAT QB. You wish there was. Montana is better. And there’s nothing you can say to change that. Has to sting. Of course it does. Look at your ridiculous rants. Cringe.

When someone says Brady is the closest to MJ? You’re nowhere to be found. When someone disputes that? Here you go

GOBB
02-07-2021, 04:11 PM
So if you want to just make this all about winning, question: how are superbowl losses an argument against Brady while all the years that Montana doesn't lead his team to the superbowl aren't an even bigger argument against him? If you're going to just make this about playoff success that doesn't make sense. A season where you make the Superbowl is superior than losing in a conference final or lower round.

MJ dominance is predicated on winning rings. First of all Brady is not the closest thing to MJ. Neither is Brady. Let’s get that out the way. But since you implied as such we go back to what is the top thing anyone says about MJ dominance and it’s winning. That is always at the forefront of most discussions. If it’s in relation to Lebron or just in general as an athletes. His record in the finals is highlighted first. Hence why I made the comparison. Because I know you nor the other guy can show me where Brady dominance was the closest thing to MJ in the NFL.

warriorfan
02-07-2021, 04:15 PM
The main thing with Montana vs Brady is the differences in the league. It’s a much more wide open league today when compared to the 80’s. No rules protecting the qb, receivers over the middle. Doing a straight comparison of stats in the NBA across eras can be inaccurate. Same goes for the NFL.

Even with that being said, Brady has had the greater career. It would be interesting to see if Montana played in a more modern era that protected him and allowed him to have an extended career like Brady has had.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Brssy bunch have Brady’s pubic hairs blinding them. Shame. You mention Brady big games? There in is the reason I mentioned conference title games which are BIG games you dope next to SBs. His performances in those big games were majority MEDIOCRE. Facts not fiction.

There is no set criteria to say what one needs to be considered the GOAT QB. You wish there was. Montana is better. And there’s nothing you can say to change that. Has to sting. Of course it does. Look at your ridiculous rants. Cringe.

When someone says Brady is the closest to MJ? You’re nowhere to be found. When someone disputes that? Here you go
Every postseason game is a BIG game, isn't it? You cant just cherry pick conference title games and super bowls to help your argument, but here are some of Montana's performances in conference title games...

81- 3 TDs & 3 INTs
84 - 1 TD & 2 INTs
93 - 0 TDs & 1 INT

So Montana shit the bed 3 conference title games, far from perfect.

Not my GOAT.

BigShotBob
02-07-2021, 04:25 PM
There is no "MJ" of the NFL. Every player falls short of his greatness, though the closest actually isn't a QB at all, it's Jerry Rice. As far as work ethic, talent, ability, skill, dominance, and winning, there hasn't been a player quite like Jerry Rice in the history of the NFL.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 04:26 PM
There is no "MJ" of the NFL. Every player falls short of his greatness, though the closest actually isn't a QB at all, it's Jerry Rice. As far as work ethic, talent, ability, skill, dominance, and winning, there hasn't been a player quite like Jerry Rice in the history of the NFL.

Exactly. Some don’t hear this tho

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 04:26 PM

And guess which QB had the luxury to play with him?

GOBB
02-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Every postseason game is a BIG game, isn't it? You cant just cherry pick conference title games and super bowls to help your argument, but here are some of Montana's performances in conference title games...

81- 3 TDs & 3 INTs
84 - 1 TD & 2 INTs
93 - 0 TDs & 1 INT

So Montana shit the bed 3 conference title games, far from perfect.

Not my GOAT.

Are you remedial? When Tom Brady reached the playoffs there was no headlines about it. When Tom Brady reached the conference finals there was headlines about it. There was no Tom Brady second rd appearances total. It was conference finals appearances and how he has more than 28 NFL teams. Why? It’s a BIG GAME. Right now you’re just talking to talk.

You posted 3 games which is one less than how many Brady has where he was great in conference games. 9 mediocre performances 4 great ones.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 04:42 PM
You’re an idiot you just typed “every game is a big game” when it’s not. SB & Conference title games are far bigger games than previous rounds. Then claimed I’m cherry picking when everyone and their mom cites big games as SB and Conference title games but your dumb ass.

The only person with Brady **** stuck down their throat is you. You came rushing in here. Cringe.

Yeah you better delete your post clown

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Are you remedial? When Tom Brady reached the playoffs there was no headlines about it. When Tom Brady reached the conference finals there was headlines about it. There was no Tom Brady second rd appearances total. It was conference finals appearances and how he has more than 28 NFL teams. Why? It’s a BIG GAME. Right now you’re just talking to talk.

You posted 3 games which is one less than how many Brady has where he was great in conference games. 9 mediocre performances 4 great ones.

So, 2004 Brady vs Manning in the divisional round wasn't a big game? Or 2006 Brady vs the 14-2 Chargers in round 2?

2014 vs Baltimore in the divisional round was also a big game, I remember the media buzz around that game. Or in 2018 vs the Chargers when many picked the Chargers to win?

Every playoff game is big.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 04:49 PM
No every playoff game isn’t big. I know how many conference title appearances Tom Brady has. I have no idea how many wild card and divisional games he’s been in. There’s a reason for it. Keep trying tho bud to find a counter to 9 mediocre conference title games and 4 great ones.

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 04:51 PM
No every playoff game isn’t big. I know how many conference title appearances Tom Brady has. I have no idea how many wild card and divisional games he’s been in. There’s a reason for it. Keep trying tho bud to find a counter to 9 mediocre conference title games and 4 great ones.

You know how many conference title appearances Brady has because it's an accomplishment. Meanwhile, Montana was getting his shit pushed in his first playoff game 3 years straight, in his prime.

Not my Goat

SouBeachTalents
02-07-2021, 04:56 PM
So, 2004 Brady vs Manning in the divisional round wasn't a big game? Or 2006 Brady vs the 14-2 Chargers in round 2?

2014 vs Baltimore in the divisional round was also a big game, I remember the media buzz around that game. Or in 2018 vs the Chargers when many picked the Chargers to win?

Every playoff game is big.
You're right that a divisional round game can absolutely be a big playoff game, but imo not every playoff game is big. The wildcard round is just not significant enough at the time to be considered a big game, and there have been many instances where Brady's faced a sacrificial lamb in the divisional round that had no chance to beat him

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 05:01 PM
You're right that a divisional round game can absolutely be a big playoff game, but imo not every playoff game is big. The wildcard round is just not significant enough at the time to be considered a big game, and there have been many instances where Brady's faced a sacrificial lamb in the divisional round that had no chance to beat him

If only Montana had gotten over that sacrificial lamb in '87 an 8 win team. :(

GOBB
02-07-2021, 05:13 PM
You know how many conference title appearances Brady has because it's an accomplishment. Meanwhile, Montana was getting his shit pushed in his first playoff game 3 years straight, in his prime.

Not my Goat

Couldn’t care less if he’s not your goat. No I know about Tom Brady appearances because it’s labeled as big games. Which is why it’s made a big deal of especially when he reached the Nfc conf title in the NFC. 10 SB appearances is an accomplishment as well. But that’s not a big games because it’s an accomplishment #yourlogic #isass

Real Men Wear Green
02-07-2021, 06:05 PM
MJ dominance is predicated on winning rings. First of all Brady is not the closest thing to MJ. Neither is Brady. Let’s get that out the way. But since you implied as such we go back to what is the top thing anyone says about MJ dominance and it’s winning. That is always at the forefront of most discussions. If it’s in relation to Lebron or just in general as an athletes. His record in the finals is highlighted first. Hence why I made the comparison. Because I know you nor the other guy can show me where Brady dominance was the closest thing to MJ in the NFL.
No one in the NFL has done more winning than Brady do this argument doesn't make any sense. No, it is not better to lose in the divisional round than the Superbowl.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 06:58 PM
No one in the NFL has done more winning than Brady do this argument doesn't make any sense. No, it is not better to lose in the divisional round than the Superbowl.

What doesn’t make sense is thinking MJ has done more winning in the NBA than anyone else. Which isn’t true. Yet you made the statement regardless because you assume so. No clue what you’re talking about losing in the divisional round than SB. Maybe you made a point somewhere I don’t know. What I said about BIG games is it’s labeled the SB and conference title game. Those games are bigger than the wildcard and divisional rds. I don’t see how anyone doesn’t grasp that concept unless you want to argue for **** sake? Tom Brady loses in NFC divisional rd no one cares. Tom Brady goes to NFC conference title game? It’s big. And that was proven when he did as tons of stats followed soon as he did. One in which I cited up above. You can play this childish semantics game with yourself in how a wildcard game is just as big as a conference title game. Miss me with that shit. So make sense in your next reply.

Real Men Wear Green
02-07-2021, 07:29 PM
So you talk about how MJs dominance is about winning...I point out that Brady had won more than anyone... and you reply that I'm not making sense?

Ok.

GOBB
02-07-2021, 07:38 PM
So you talk about how MJs dominance is about winning...I point out that Brady had won more than anyone... and you reply that I'm not making sense?

Ok.

Exactly. Just typing because your fingers still work. Good job.

Jasper
02-07-2021, 07:56 PM

10-4

Rogers and the Packers played 4 games this year against winning teams... Rogers MVP should get an asterisk.
People in Wisc. thought he was super bowl bound... lmao Bucs were one of the teams that beat them in regular season.
Packers suck- pure and simple.

Jasper
02-07-2021, 07:58 PM
You’re an idiot you just typed “every game is a big game” when it’s not. SB & Conference title games are far bigger games than previous rounds. Then claimed I’m cherry picking when everyone and their mom cites big games as SB and Conference title games but your dumb ass.

The only person with Brady **** stuck down their throat is you. You came rushing in here. Cringe.

Yeah you better delete your post clown

glad to see Gobb back given people shit !!!!

1987_Lakers
02-07-2021, 11:04 PM
43 year old Brady just outplayed a peak Patrick Mahomes.

Wally450
02-07-2021, 11:36 PM

Yep. You had people saying Mahomes was already the GOAT. :roll:

Thenameless
02-07-2021, 11:49 PM

Rodgers at the top with Romo at second, tells you that QBR is not the be-all-end-all stat that you think it is. There's quite a few guys that I'd take ahead of Romo. Less so for Rodgers, but he's still not at the top of all quarterbacks.

kawhileonard2
02-08-2021, 01:28 AM

Yep it is why Lebron lost on purpose to Dwight and Rondo so as to avoid that vs Kobe in 2009 and 2010.

Wally450
02-08-2021, 10:27 AM
Yep it is why Lebron lost on purpose to Dwight and Rondo so as to avoid that vs Kobe in 2009 and 2010.

Yes, averaging 39/8/8 is losing on purpose.