PDA

View Full Version : Shots Fired! Steph called out by Lawson for his "defense"

JT123
10-01-2015, 06:47 AM
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/09/30/ty-lawson-stephen-curry-defense-nba-playoffs
Basically acknowledges what we all saw, Steph chilling on defense for the entire playoff run while Iggy did all the heavy lifting. And this guy's stans wonder why he didn't get a single vote for FMVP. :facepalm

Vaniiiia
10-01-2015, 06:53 AM
Curry in the finals was the weakest display of "leadership" I've ever seen.

He's not a leader in the first place, but to many people he's considered the best player on that team. Usually the best player and/or the leading scorer is the leader but not in the Warriors case. Andre Iguodala was clearly the spark-plug, the motivator, the momentum shifter, and the guy who prevented the Warriors from an epic choke job against a completely debilitated Cavs team, who were without 2 all-star starters.

Curry sat around and bricked shot after shot. Not only was his shot not falling, but the effort on defense wasn't there. The effort on the sidelines wasn't there. The effort in trying to get his teammates involved wasn't there. Curry wasn't there.

Zero for Eleven.

Gileraracer
10-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Curry sat around and bricked shot after shot. Not only was his shot not falling, but the effort on defense wasn't there. The effort on the sidelines wasn't there. The effort in trying to get his teammates involved wasn't there. Curry wasn't there.

Zero for Eleven.

WOW please stop overacting.

Curry had 26ppg/5.2RPG/6.2APG wit 1.8 Steals

He shot 44.3/38.5/88.5

It's not phenomenal but quite solid and clearly their best player statwise.

knicksman
10-01-2015, 07:06 AM
bran stans proving once again why theyre betas. LOL Defense is like being a burger flipper, its the easiest to learn. While offense is like being a CEO. Its so hard that even bran until now still couldnt attract double teams. :lol No wonder why bran stans are losers. Coz they settle for less.:lol

Vaniiiia
10-01-2015, 07:07 AM
WOW please stop overacting.

Curry had 26ppg/5.2RPG/6.2APG wit 1.8 Steals

He shot 44.3/38.5/88.5

It's not phenomenal but quite solid and clearly their best player statwise.
I was more referring to the first few games of the series. That's what I saw.

I admit I don't remember much about the latter part of the series. Once the Warriors won game 4 I knew the series was over and stopped paying close attention.

I wasn't impressed with Curry's front running ways though. And most of those stats came in garbage time, not when they actually needed those stats. Iggy was clearly the guy that kept them above water and won the series for them, if you have to pinpoint one guy(FMVP)... but everybody already knows it was a complete team effort.

LeBron was the real Finals MVP. He was far and away the most dominant player on the court in the finals. It wasn't remotely close either.

4 > 0, though, regardless.

BlakFrankWhite
10-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Steph only had one good game in the finals.

GOATbrook gonna muder his ass

knicksman
10-01-2015, 07:15 AM
offense is like clutch time while defense is garbage time. Bran stans are like their idol, Giving more importance to easier things so no wonder they dont succeed in life.:lol

Fallen Angel
10-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Curry during the playoffs guarded Norris Cole, one-eyed Mike Conley, Jason Terry, and Matthew Dellavedova.

Sounds worse when you think about it.

Fallen Angel
10-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Then you look at the guys he would have potential faced if they either made the playoffs or advanced:

Russell Westbrook, Damien Lillard, Chris Paul, and Jeff Teague

Spurs m8
10-01-2015, 08:24 AM
People underestimate how easy the warriors playoff run was...basically as easy as Lebrons every year in the east tbh

Warriors over achieved in the reg season...klay will have a worse season too upcoming.

Cheers

StephHamann
10-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Ty Lawson is a ****ing midget who can't play defense.

Lebronxrings
10-01-2015, 08:55 AM
lawson hit the nail in the coffin.

Curry is the most hidden defender in the game. He constantly defends the weakest link on the other team and still allows them to torch him.

Look at the finals where delly was torching him. :oldlol: It got so bad that big brother klay had to step in and guard the guy.

Its easy to have good offense when you do absolutely nothing on the other end of the court.

Gileraracer
10-01-2015, 09:17 AM
lawson hit the nail in the coffin.

Curry is the most hidden defender in the game. He constantly defends the weakest link on the other team and still allows them to torch him.

Look at the finals where delly was torching him. :oldlol: It got so bad that big brother klay had to step in and guard the guy.

Its easy to have good offense when you do absolutely nothing on the other end of the court.

How come that Lebron was this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9wLWF8TXo) bad on defense when he only shot 39%/31% on offense?

All Net
10-01-2015, 09:43 AM
I can see the trolls here are still posting crap even when i've been away.

Will have to get my banning hat ready just in case

Vaniiiia
10-01-2015, 10:04 AM
I can see the trolls here are still posting crap even when i've been away.

Will have to get my banning hat ready just in case
Dude, the culture has changed since you've been gone.

Mods hardly ever ban anymore. Only the most disgusting displays of trolling (kennethgriffin) are enough to get banned.

I'm just warning you because I ether people on here and sometimes its pretty ruthless. Ethering people is not ban worthy.

But enough of that crap... WELCOME BACK BRO! :cheers:

We missed you. You were always my favorite mod.

Achilleas
10-01-2015, 10:15 AM
if i was curry i would answer like this "i was chilling like 2013 playoffs against nuggets :pimp: "

JellyBean
10-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Basically acknowledges what we all saw, Steph chilling on defense for the entire playoff run while Iggy did all the heavy lifting. And this guy's stans wonder why he didn't get a single vote for FMVP. :facepalm

Really, dude? Folks aint losing sleep because Iggy won the FMVP over Steph.

Hey Yo
10-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Here's what was said about Curry's defense after the 2015 postseason.

"Curry was the primary defender on 21 isolation plays in the playoffs, and he limited opponents to 1-of-14 shooting on those attempts (7 percent).

Additionally, Curry forced a turnover on 19 percent of his plays as an isolation defender, the fourth-best rate among guards this postseason.

Curry’s ability to guard one-on-one allowed the Warriors’ wing defenders to double-team LeBron James effectively. When James was double-teamed, the Cavaliers scored 5 points on 2-of-18 shooting (11 percent).

One caveat to Curry's selection. The numbers might have been a little different had he been forced to guard a healthy Kyrie Irving and Mike Conley, and had Jrue Holiday not been coming off injury. But Curry excelled in the situation he was given.

Real Men Wear Green
10-01-2015, 11:17 AM
It's not Curry's fault opposing teams didn't have pgs that could make him work. Sure, Iggy did a lot more defensively in the Finals. What do you expect? No pg is going to take on Lebron James.Oh, and in case you didn't notice, his team won the championship. Is curry supposed to demand he gets to defend James so he can prove something to trolling idiots on Insidehoops?

juju151111
10-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Didn't Curry shit on Lawson in 2013

lil jahlil
10-01-2015, 12:03 PM

So Ty Lawson is now the expert on defense?

20Four
10-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Curry in the finals was the weakest display of "leadership" I've ever seen.

He's not a leader in the first place, but to many people he's considered the best player on that team. Usually the best player and/or the leading scorer is the leader but not in the Warriors case. Andre Iguodala was clearly the spark-plug, the motivator, the momentum shifter, and the guy who prevented the Warriors from an epic choke job against a completely debilitated Cavs team, who were without 2 all-star starters.

Zero for Eleven.

Why do you continue to talk to yourself? We know you and Vaniiila is the same person....are you really that lonely in life you have nobody to talk to?

Fudge
10-01-2015, 12:18 PM
:yaohappy:

Such an overrated, front running little boy.

IncarceratedBob
10-01-2015, 12:28 PM
honestly lawson was probably drunk when he said this. no offense ty if you're reading this but you lost all my respect when you got multiple DUI's within a 90 day span, that's pathetic

GoatBoy
10-01-2015, 12:33 PM
It was funny to see Curry put on the shy guy, sheepish look when Delly had him locked up for those 2 games :lol

Never seen a star "MVP" look so shook before

dubeta
10-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Such an overrated, front running little boy.

Huge Curry fan, but damn

Spurs5Rings2014
10-01-2015, 01:15 PM
warriorfan ducking this thread like the plague.

:lol

lil jahlil
10-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Really, dude? Folks aint losing sleep because Iggy won the FMVP over Steph.
Nope. They take solace in the idea that LeBron lost FMVP to another role player.

Dr Seuss
10-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Lawson makes a good point. Curry's defense was on par with the terrible defense Lebron played on that offensive juggernaut, Iggy. Pure disgusting. But GSW fans should at least take some joy in the fact that Curry was able to keep Delly from doubling his playoff average in that series. Cant say the same for mr future space jam

HoopologyPhD
10-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Ty just needs to have a few drinks and relax a bit.

Cali Syndicate
10-01-2015, 07:40 PM
How compelled can someone be to join up with a player that dismantled your own team? Iggy knew curry was the truth, and it paid off. Lawson still holdin feelings.

bdreason
10-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Curry is a better defender than Lawson.

WorldWarriors
10-01-2015, 08:51 PM
How compelled can someone be to join up with a player that dismantled your own team? Iggy knew curry was the truth, and it paid off. Lawson still holdin feelings.LMAO. He is so salty. But he gets to play with Harden and Dwight. Let the games begin.

bobopenguin
10-01-2015, 09:02 PM
lol who cares about ty lawson?

they are not even in the same tier.

only rockets fans think lawson is one of missing piece.. hell, this guy is their bench player.

knicksman
10-01-2015, 09:16 PM
It was funny to see Curry put on the shy guy, sheepish look when Delly had him locked up for those 2 games :lol

Never seen a star "MVP" look so shook before

theres a reason why your join date is sept 2015, coz you only started watching last season

R.I.P.
10-01-2015, 09:50 PM
So Ty Lawson is now the expert on defense?

Probably drunk again.

Legends66NBA7
10-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Curry is out there for being the focal point of their offense and he had a huge playoffs because of it. He's not out there to be the anchor to their defense when he already has a great defensive group around him. It's pretty obvious that whatever defense Curry lacked, his offensive impact more than made up for it.

warriorfan
10-01-2015, 10:10 PM
D-U-Ty Lawson

ProfessorMurder
10-02-2015, 04:05 AM
Lawson can't even stop drinking for a week, let alone an NBA player.

ImKobe
10-02-2015, 04:10 AM
idiots don't even understand what Lawson was saying

it wasn't that Curry was slacking or D or that he couldn't play D, just that he didn't face any good/great PGs that would have made him work on the other end...that was his point.

disel
10-02-2015, 05:08 AM
Why would you play D when u got a pair of 50 year olds playing point for the rox ?

Lebron23
10-02-2015, 05:30 AM
Rockets are going to dismantle the Warriors in the playoffs next year.

disel
10-02-2015, 05:37 AM
lol who cares about ty lawson?

they are not even in the same tier.

only rockets fans think lawson is one of missing piece.. hell, this guy is their bench player.
WTF? he had a bad year and averaged 15 and 10.LOL he will still be the best point the rockets have had since francis. houstons list of point guard since then has been full of scrubs. Alston, lin, beverley, terry lol those are terrible scrubs

Legends66NBA7
10-02-2015, 06:16 AM
idiots don't even understand what Lawson was saying

it wasn't that Curry was slacking or D or that he couldn't play D, just that he didn't face any good/great PGs that would have made him work on the other end...that was his point.

Curry doesn't control who he plays against.

Fallen Angel
10-02-2015, 06:18 AM
Rockets are going to dismantle the Warriors in the playoffs next year.
This